Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Harry85

Disclaimer: Not mine. I wish it were so we would have had HHr, but alas it's JK Rowling's.

A/N: My reply to the challenge issued by PJ, you can find it here: http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=26635 . This story will start right after fifth year, and it will involve sex, some blood, and such, so this is why it is rated NC17. I hope you'll enjoy it, I think this is the most complex challenge I've ever dared to reply to, so I sincerely hope I'll be able to pull it off well.

Special thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Harry Potter and His True Sixth Year

Chapter Six: Diagon Alley and End of Summer

"Harry, are you awake? Breakfast is ready!" they heard Molly shouting.

Looking at each other in panic, they still had to break the news to the other Weasleys, the two teens devised a plan.

"Yes, Mrs. Weasley, I'm awake. I'll be up in few minutes, do not worry about me" Harry called back, while Hermione rolled under his bed just in case the older woman decided to enter the room.

Luckily, they head her steps fading away as she returned to the kitchen, satisfied with Harry's reply.

Both teens released a breath they didn't even realize they were holding.

"That was close" Harry said, pulling his trousers up.

"Too close" Hermione replied, exiting her hiding spot, and realizing Harry was still only in his boxer, although he was in the process of getting dressed already.

She blushed profusely. Fooling around like they had done last night, in the dark, was one thing, but this…well, being in their underwear around each other was new for them.

Harry realized her discomfort, and blushed too, as he noticed her eyes still glued to his chest, which resembled more and more that of a well built young man, not a scrawny boy.

He hastily pulled a shirt on, and then walked toward her.

"I guess it's best you sneak back to your room and get dressed there" he said, pecking her on the lips. She nodded, and walked toward the door, cautiously opening it to see if anyone was in the corridor.

Seeing that the coast was clear, she hastily turned and pulled his face down for a long kiss, and he responded in the same fashion.

"Good Morning, Ha…" a voice interrupted them, and they sprang apart, blushing madly, to see George coming down the stairs.

The redhead took in the scene, and Hermione's attire, and it didn't take him long to figure out what had happened.

With a smirk, he bowed to Hermione. "And good morning to you too, Hermione"

"George, please, can you keep this quiet till we break the news to everyone? Ron and Ginny already know of us dating, but this added detail…well, they already have difficulties with accepting our feelings for each other, this would only make things more complicated" Harry asked, and George nodded.

"Your secret is safe with me" he said, in one of his rare serious moments. "Of course, a fee of five Galleons is required" he added then with a wink, and Harry grinned.

"Deal. I'll get them to you once we go to Diagon Alley for our supplies" the raven haired boy said, while Hermione scampered to the room she supposedly shared with Ginny to get dressed.

--

The presence of the Weasleys and Hermione's reluctance to share her belief that Sirius was alive and stuck in some other world with them put a damper on their research.

This annoyed Harry quite a bit, so Hermione devised a plan. They would take the needed books to his room, and they would read them before going to sleep, every night.

Needless to say, they didn't do much research, as other activities had the highest priority once inside his bedroom, nonetheless they managed to get some useful information.

According to a very ancient book, which they guessed was more or less three centuries old if not more, there was a link between the world of the living and the world of the dead, and it was speculated that alive wizards and witches had been able to explore it at the very start of magic on the British isles, Merlin being one of those few rumoured to have gone there and come back to tell it.

Unfortunately, that was mostly a legend, and gave them little proof. However, at least they did know their idea wasn't so far fetched as it may seem to some.

"Hermione" Harry called.

"Mmh" she said, flipping the pages.

"I think it's time to get some rest" he announced, as he stood there, changing into his pyjamas. Hermione looked up, and gave him a seductive grin.

"You mean it's time to play, right?" she purred, as she walked up to him, and placed her hands on his bare chest. The heat of the summer, even there in England, had led him to sleep half-naked in the last few days. The fact his top would be tossed away by Hermione almost as soon as he got into bed was an added reason to not bother with it in the first place.

"I'm always ready to play with you, you little minx" he said, before kissing her. His hands went to her bum, and he almost effortlessly lifted her off her feet.

As she was still kissing him, her legs automatically wrapped around his waist to support her weight. He walked them both to the bed, and gently lay her down.

They had talked about taking the next step in their relationship, but both felt it may still be too soon. Of course, Harry, being a teenage boy, was more than ready to plunge into it, but Hermione had told him she wanted to wait for her wedding night, feeling that it was the most appropriate occasion for her to lose her virginity, and he loved her enough to respect her choice.

So, with much willpower, they had always managed to stop before it was too late and their passion clouded their judgement too much.

This night wasn't different and after lots of "play", as Hermione called it, they cuddled together in his bed, contentedly falling asleep.

--

As the days passed, Harry was disturbed by the fact Ron didn't seem to come around like he had hoped. Of course, he guessed the redhead might need some time, but by now it had been a week since they had told him, and still there hadn't been the slightest sign of his best mate coming around.

Hermione sensed his discomfort as they were reading in the living room, and squeezed his hand. He smiled at her.

Neville and Luna were there too, and both reassured Harry that both Ron and Ginny would come to terms with him and Hermione dating soon, although no one could be certain of that.

Harry appreciated the support, but he knew Ron had always had jealousy issues with him, and fourth year had been a clear sign of that. If the redhead could think Harry truly wanted to participate in a deadly tournament, then what would sway him from the belief that Harry had purposely one after Hermione in an attempt to once more best him? Then, the Hogwarts letters they had received that day, with noticeable delay compared with the previous summers, added another issue to the already strained friendship between them.

Dumbledore had seen fit to not deprive Harry of what he had deserved anymore, and so he got a Prefect badge. Hermione got hers too, which meant they would be the Sixth Year Prefects for Gryffindor, once more leaving Ron behind as the redhead had lost his badge in favour of no one else than Harry himself.

He realized he might have to talk with his short-tempered mate, eventually, to try and smooth things between them, but the memories of how his attempts in fourth year had gone bad kept him from doing so.

Instead, he just hoped time would lessen the blow for his friend and they would be ok again. This was one mistake he would later come to regret dearly, though.

As it was now, though, Harry was more than happy to join in a game of Exploding Snap with Neville, while Luna finished her essay for Flitwick, and Hermione was reading a Muggle novel.

That night at dinner, Molly announced the next day they would head to Diagon Alley to get their supplies for the upcoming school year. It was after all only two days before they would have to board the Hogwarts Express and reach the castle once more.

Harry mused that the summer had really flown by, with Hermione and then Neville and Luna keeping him company. Especially, he was glad for his budding romance with Hermione. If only his other best friend could be happy for them too…

--

The following morning, Harry and Hermione were up and about before Molly could come and call them. They didn't want to risk being caught in a compromising situation by the older witch, who would probably not be happy about them sharing a bed.

As the group Flooed to the Leaky Cauldron, Harry realized with a start that they would have to sleep in different dorms at Hogwarts, and wondered how they were going to achieve it for a whole school year when they had become so accustomed to waking up near each other in the morning.

For the moment, though, he had to search for the books he needed inside Flourish and Blotts. Scanning the shelves he gathered two copies of every book they needed, one for himself and one for Hermione. He met her at the entrance of the shop, where they paid for their purchases, Hermione carrying another pile of books dealing with death and worlds in between.

Ron and Ginny kept to themselves for most of the day, and Molly knew her children were taking badly the news of Harry and Hermione dating, she had been surprised herself when they had mentioned it at dinner one night, and if she was honest with herself she was a bit sad too, she had always hoped that her only daughter would manage to charm Harry, but alas it wasn't to be.

After all, she mused as she watched the two teens laugh together to something Harry had whispered in her ear, Ginny might resemble Lily for her physical appearance, more than anything for her red hair, but Hermione was the one who reminded her the most of Harry's mother, with her brilliance, her "no funny business" attitude.

Yes, Molly was sure if Harry was anything like his father, and she knew he was, despite the heavy weight of having to face Voldemort more than once in his life she could see the Marauder hidden in him through his rule-breaking, his recklessness, his bravery, then Hermione was really the match for him.

She had always been able to keep him grounded, and had always been by his side, even when her own children had deserted him. With a deep sigh, Molly nodded to herself. Things were like they were meant to be.

--

Ginny had been watching the couple too. She felt like Hermione had stolen Harry from her. The brunette had been so full of advices the previous summer, "act like yourself around him", "you shouldn't be so shy when you talk to him", and now the redhead felt betrayed. Hermione was her best friend, she wasn't supposed to stab her in the back like that.

As for Harry, she had truly hoped things could progress between them after that chat in the library the previous Easter, she had even dated some other boys to make him jealous, but with no result whatsoever.

She had hoped to raise his interest that summer, but Dumbledore, the old fool, had kept them apart most of the break, and when she had arrived, the damage was already done. She needed a way to get back at the boyfriend-stealing bitch and get Harry back, but how?

--

Ron was sulking. Neville was happy with Luna, and Harry with Hermione. He had no one, and he felt lonely. He missed his best friends, but he was also angry at Harry. He knew Ron fancied Hermione, why couldn't he stop himself from going after her? Wasn't Ron allowed to get something Harry didn't have?

With these thoughts, he wandered through the alley, following the rest of the group at a distance. Not even Quidditch Quality Supplies raised his interest above the casual glance to the window, where some new Keeper gloves and a Beater bat were displayed.

He was glad when they all Flooed back to Grimmauld and he could resume his isolation in his room.

-->