Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

N: Well here is chapter three I hope you like. Just in case if anyone is wonder this is going to be a H/Hr fic, but not until the middle though. If you don't like Harry/Hermione pairing sorry! I hope you still stick with this fic though it will not be that fluffy it will remain action/adventure.

Disclaimer: I forgot this in the first two chapters sorry! Ok I don't own Harry Potter or anything related to him.

The Great Magical War

Chapter 3

And So It Begins

Ron and Gordon continued there onslaught on each other, neither of them were trying to end the match. They were more concerned with causing the other as much pain as possible.

"INCENDIO!!" Ron yelled and pointed his wand at Gordon.

Gordon quickly extinguished the fire that erupted around his body before he got burnt to bad.

"Weasley it is time we ended this thing I am going to make you scream for mercy when I am done with you! CRUCICA!!" John yelled smiling as he saw Ron fall to the floor withering in pain.

Ron's vision became blurred as the pain overtook his body. After about a minute of being under the curse he slowly started to get a grip on things and he yelled… "PROTEGO!!" A shield erected around his body he knew it would not last long though because the Crucica spell is just too strong, he managed to roll out of the way just as his shield shattered. He pulled himself up from the ground and smiled too.

"Well it looks like you gave it your best shot and it just wasn't enough!" Ron yelled

"Don't worry Weasley I was just playing with you if you really want me to end your misery I guess I can be nice." Gordon smirked he then made a slicing motion with his wand and a huge gust of wind flew at Ron and picked him up of the ground as he was thrown thirty feet in the air into at the nearby wall. Gordon then yelled "EXSPELLIARMUS!!" The spell easily hit Ron who was almost totally unconscious.

Harry got up to run and help Ron but he was stopped by a Mediwizard who told Harry to stay back. After a few healing spells the Mediwizard muttered, Ron slowly stood up and smiled. He then walked over to Harry and clapped him on the back, and said "Well mate I decided to leave him for you." Harry laughed at Ron's last comment

The rest of the quarter finals were very uneventful. Harry easily defeated his opposition, Green and Malfoy also won. So in the semi finals it would be Gordon vs. Malfoy and Harry vs. Green.

Harry and Ron headed back to the burrow for some lunch before the semifinals started.

"So Harry I heard you made the semifinals that is pretty… Oh how do the muggles say it? Oh yes, that is pretty cool!" Mr. Weasley said who was at home for his lunch break.

"Yeah I know, but my opponent is pretty tough." Harry said with a concerned look on his face

"Yeah Dad he is going up against Adam Green!" Ron said

"Oh, wow I know his dad he is an Auror he comes from a very powerful family I suggest you be very careful around him." Mr. Weasley said with an encouraging smile.

Just then a very official Ministry Owl appeared with a letter tied to his leg. Mr. Weasley quickly ran over to answer it. His face became very pale and he handed the letter to Mrs. Weasley to read out loud.

To the Wizarding families of England

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named attacked the Ministry of Magic a few moments ago, he will undoubtedly win this fight. As you are reading this letter all of England's Aurors, and a group of Order agents are battling with him right now. They are losing. It is very vital that you pack your things immediately and board the Hogwarts Express at five tonight. You will receive more information then.

Singed,

Cornelius Fudge

Minister of Magic

Albus Dumbledore

Headmaster of Hogwarts

P.S. For those who can not apparate; Floo Stations have been set up at the train station just say "Hogwarts Express" All underage magic laws have been lifted.

Harry was shocked, he did not expect Voldemort to do something of this scale so soon.

Molly Weasley started to speak, "Well y…y…you heard him go pack your things." And with that all the Weasleys left to got pack their things.

"Bloody Hell what about Fred and George?' Ron asked

Mr. Weasley stopped to say. "I don't know but Diagon alley is close to the Ministry, I wonder if they got a letter too?"

"Don't worry I will go and tell them we have about an hour tell we have to leave right?" Harry asked

"Harry don't be so thick you can't go there now! For all we know there could be a battle raging there right now!" Mr. Weasley said

"All of my stuff is at the Leaky Cauldron, so I need to go there anyway!" Harry said arguing back

"Alright fine but I am coming with you."

Harry and Mr. Weasley immediately flooed to Harry's room were Harry grabbed his stuff, and then they flooed to George and Fred's shop.

As soon as Mr. Weasley and Harry were inside the shop Fred and George spoke out.

"Dad what is going on? People are running up and down the street screaming about stuff?" Fred asked

"Yeah we haven't had a customer in almost a hour." George added

"VOLDEMORT IS ATTACKING WE HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE!" Harry yelled he didn't want to wait in longer.

"Merlin's beard why didn't you say so! Fred lets start packing." George said as they immediately began to pack up almost their whole store.

"Hurry up, there fighting at the ministry and that is only a few blocks away!" Mr. Weasley said impatiently.

"Alright were ready, Harry give us your trunk we will apparate back with it." Fred said as Harry handed him his trunk.

Harry threw some floo powder in the fire place and yelled "The Burrow!" at the same time the three Weasleys apparated away. Harry felt the familiar sensation as he twirled out of the fireplace and past hundreds of other's until he finally fell on the floor of the burrow. Harry quickly pulled himself up from the ground and brushed the ashes of off him. Just as three loud "CRACKS" were heard as the Weasleys arrived.

"It is about time you guys got back I was worried sick! We still have half an hour tell we need to be there, but the sooner we get there the better chance we can find a comfortable spot on the train. So lets move!" Mrs. Weasley said as she came in acting like a commander in the battlefield.

Mrs. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Fred, and George apparated to the Hogwarts express while Harry, Ron, and Ginny flooed there. Mrs. Weasley was certainly right for wanting to leave early it was packed. The Hogwarts express had several more cars added to it, there was now a total of one hundred cars. "Lets see there are a hundred cars each one has twenty compartments in it and each compartment can hold six people comfortably there must be room for at least…" "That looks like it could hold more then one hundred thousand people comfortably." Harry said

"I would be willing to bet that their will be a lot more people than that on the train." Mrs. Weasley said

"I have been wondering how many Wizards and Witches are there in England?" Harry asked

"Last count was three hundred thousand in England, one point two million in Europe, and four million across the world." Mr. Weasley said

By the end of the conversation they found a compartment that was rather empty, the only occupants were Neville Longbottom and his grandmother. Harry, Ron, Neville, and Ginny started talking amongst themselves. Soon the train started moving when Harry suddenly realized something.

"Ah were is Hermione?" Harry asked

"Yeah I have been wondering about that too." Ron added

"Not only have we not seen Hermione on the train but have you noticed that there isn't a single underage muggle-born." Fred added

Before the conversation could continue the ministers voice rang through out the train.

"Hello everyone I have some very bad news. Today You-Know-Who attacked thirteen different cities in England. We estimate his army to number around twenty thousand Death Eaters and ten thousand Dementors. We had only five hundred Aurors only thirty eight are alive now. Twenty Order Agents were also at the scene only two of them survived. The Ministry has fallen and I daresay England will fall by this time tomorrow. We will set up a settlement at Hogwarts. There we will make our plan of attack, from there we will win this war. Do not worry you will be safe there. Apparation Wards have been spread out to include Hogsmeade, and The Forbidden Forest. The only way in or out will be by train and broom stick. Those who did not make the train and underage muggle-borns will be sent Portkey's in a week. Now I will hand things over to Albus Dumbledore who will explain what will happen once we arrive at Hogwarts." There was a slight pause as everyone waited for Dumbledore to speak.

"The first thing I need to say is for everyone to hope. I will make this quick. Once we arrive at Hogwarts the students are to go to their dormitories immediately. School will start for them in one week, by that time all of the students should be here. We want everything to remain normal for the kids. Sadly that means you will be kept in the dark. Quidditch will remain all exemptions have been lifted. Classes will remain what you have chosen. All the adults are to report to the Great Hall once we arrive, to start the training to defend yourself. The remaining Aurors and Order of the Phoenix Agents are to report to my office. That is all." With that Dumbledore's voice disappeared.

"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! WHAT DOES HE THINK HE IS DOING!! KEEPING US IN THE DARK!!" Harry said more livid then ever at Dumbledore

"I know Harry, this whole thing sucks we have to start school more then a month early!" Ron added

The train ride after that was very uneventful. They mostly talked about how there were almost no Slytherians on the train, how almost half the Ravenclaws were gone too, even a few Hufflepuffs, and even some non-muggle born Gryffidors were also missing. Finally the train ride came to an end. The students were shown up into their dormitories and forced to sleep. Harry on the other hand had better plans.

"Ron….Ron…..RON WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!" Harry said trying to wake Ron up it was no use.

"Stupid brat" Harry muttered under his breath and then left.

Harry walked out of the Dormitory, and into the common room, and towards the headmasters office. He reached the stone gargoyle statue. Harry paused as he thought of the password.

"Ah…Sherbet Lemons?" The Gargoyle did not move. "Ah Licorice Wand… Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans… Canary Creams?" With "Canary Creams" the Gargoyle sprung to life and let Harry walk through. He slowly climbed the stairs very slowly, before he could knock on the door Dumbledore said "Come in" he then motioned for Harry to sit down.

"You know I was wondering when I would see you. Well I am sure I know what you are going to ask me, but go ahead." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his blue eyes as he stared at Harry.

"Well I was wondering what in the name of Merlin's Beard do you think you were doing by leaving the muggle borns behind?" Harry asked now knowing it was probably for a good reason

"Ah… yes I figured that would be your first question. I have a very simple answer for that. Voldemort does not know were they live, and if we had them bring all their families along the train would be way overcrowded. Do not worry they will be fine and you will see Hermione within a week." Dumbledore said and smiled at Harry

"I guess that is a good reason. Sorry I doubted you on that…" Harry paused before he asked his second question, Dumbledore motioned for him to continue though. "Why are you keeping the students in the dark?" Harry asked very calmly.

"That is an even simpler answer, Harry look out the window that is not normal."

Dumbledore waited awhile as Harry walked towards the Headmasters window

Harry wasn't exactly shocked at what he saw. There were thousands of Wizarding tents, and a hospital set up along the road that went from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade.

Noticing that Harry was done looking Dumbledore continued. "As I said that is not normal, once this war is over the students of this school will be our future. I do not want them to grow up and all they know to be war. I want them to have the most normal childhood and schooling we can give them." Dumbledore said his voice sounding very saddened by this.

Harry's heart dropped at this he should have known "I am sorry Dumbledore I should have known."

"That is alright now is there anything else you need to know?" The Headmaster asked

"No that is it." Harry replied as he slowly started to turn around and head out.

"Good, now I will met you at the Quidditch pitch tomorrow at five thirty in the morning" Dumbledore said

"What!?!" Harry asked very confused

"Well I was thinking you could learn a little more Occulumency, I see that you have been practicing it but there is still room for improvement. I am also going to train you Harry." Dumbledore pause before he continued, he walked close to Harry and looked him deep in his eyes. "I am going to show you your true power." With that Dumbledore backed away from Harry. "Now I think you should get some sleep, you are going to have a very tuff day tomorrow."

Harry left without a word. He was mad at himself for ever doubting his Headmaster. He was also very excited for tomorrow.

A/N: Sorry this took so long but I was looking for a beta and never found one so I just forgot about this, and today I was like "Ah, screw it I will post what I got."