Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

A/N: Well it has been a long time since I have written anything so I hope this doesn't suck, yeah so James is right 20,000 is too unbelievable so I changed it, it now says three thousand.

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Chapter 4

A tough week for Harry

The magical alarm clock beside Harry's bed woke him up at five fifteen in the morning. He groggily pulled himself up he had had very little sleep that night. "Maybe I shouldn't have gone to Dumbledore's so late" Harry mumbled to no one in particular. He threw his robe on and grabbed his wand, he decided to forgo with a shower he did not want to wake up his roommates. Harry made his way down to the Quidditch pitch. All seemed quiet in the makeshift town that ran up and down the rode that led to Hogsmeade. Once Harry reached the Quidditch pitch he could see Dumbledore waiting for him.

"Good you're right on time Harry. Now before I start training you I must inform you of the schedule. Every weekday we will train in the morning from five thirty to seven. Saturday night I will give you some proper Occulumency lessons." Dumbledore said with a smile.

"Sounds good to me, so Professor what are we going to do today?" Harry asked egger to begin.

"I wouldn't be so egger if I were you Harry, this is going to be really tough. Now today I am going to teach you to apparate, I know this is not exactly legal but it is very important to Dueling."

"Well apparating doesn't seem that difficult I mean if Fred, and George can do it." Harry said trying to down play the situation.

"That is true, normal Apparation is very easy you just say the incantation and imagine were you want to go. What I am going to teach you though is how to use it in Dueling with out saying an incantation and going to precisely were you want to go, with in centimeters."

By seven that morning Harry had mastered the normal form of Apparation (Dumbledore placed a charm on him so he could by-pass the Apparation wards on Hogwarts grounds, so he could learn how to apparate) he was able to go from the Three broom sticks to the Quidditch pitch with no trouble. Unfortunately he was not able to do it without saying the incantation.

"You did a good job today Harry, by the end of this week I am sure you will have mastered Dueling Apparation. I must go know, I have a very important meeting to attend." And with that Dumbledore exited the Quidditch pitch, and left Harry all to himself.

Harry dragged himself back up to his dormitory, he was not only magically drained he was also physically drained from the lack of sleep last night. He decided to find Ron and grab some breakfast, however Ron was not there only a note.

Harry,

I am visiting my family if you want to come meet us at tent number 117.

Ron

Harry not wanting to be a bother and barge in on what must be a very difficult time for the Weasley family, as a matter of fact it would be a very difficult time for any family. "If only I had a family" Harry said out loud to the empty dormitory.

The week went bye rather slowly for Harry, there had been two attacks already on the newly established headquarters, both times Voldemort and been pushed back, although Voldemort had not been at either attacks. Much to Harry's disappointment he had not been allowed to fight. As a matter of fact none of the students were allowed to fight. True to his word Dumbledore had kept the students in the dark. Starting on the first of August the students would not be allowed to visit their families, this was to help them fall back into the routine that school brines. Training was going better then Harry thought, he was now able to apparate without saying the incantation for a duel (Just like Dumbledore and Voldemort did in the Department of Mysteries in book 5). It was now July thirty first Harry's birthday. There had been a delay in bringing the Muggle born students they would not be arriving tell tomorrow morning just in time for breakfast.

Harry sat in the Weasleys Wizarding tent number 117 to be precise. He was now occupied with blowing out the birthday candles making his wish, it was a wish he knew that would never come true, it was for his Godfather Sirius Black to be with him. This was Harry's first real birthday party and he was not enjoying it at all.

"Time for the presents!" Ginny yelled as she pulled Harry toward the medium size stack of gifts in the living room of wizard tent 117.

Only the Weasleys and Harry were at this gathering, Hagrid had yet to returned from his mission that Dumbledore had sent him on. Hermione would not arrive tell tomorrow, and the rest of Harry's school friends were spending this time with their family as it would be the last night allowed for visits for awhile. Sirius, and well Sirius was dead.

"HARRY!, are you ok?" Mrs. Weasley asked shaking Harry slightly.

"Sorry about that, I guess I'm just not feeling to great tonight, do you mind if I make an early exit?" And with that Harry walked out of tent number 117 and back to his dormitory, a few tears were on his cheek as he thought about his godfather Sirius Black. About ten minutes after Harry made an early exit from the Weasley tent Ron followed with an armful of presents for Harry. He dropped them on Harry's bed and got the courage to ask Harry what was bothering him.

"So um Harry what's the matter?" Ron asked he was embarrassed for asking Harry this, Hermione was the one that usually handled the feelings in the trio.

Harry glared at Ron and said… "What do you think?"

"Oh, um sorry."

"It's ok, please, Ron just let me be."

"Ok, but don't forget to open your presents." With that Ron exited the dormitory.

Harry looked at the presents he had, and decided he might as well open them now. He grabbed a card and opened it up.

Dear Harry,

Happy Birthday! Thanks for all you have taught us it means a lot!

The D.A.

Harry sighed at this, "I am going to have to tell them that there will be no D.A., I was foolish to think that I could teach them anything. I was stupid, and risked all of their lives, I can't led them into battle I attract to much danger." Harry thought to himself.

This time he grabbed what looked like a book and he figured it was from Hermione, he was right it was from Hermione though it was not a book. In fact it was a photo album of all of Harry's friends at Hogwarts, some from the D.A., and some of Sirius. Harry's heart dropped he was about ready to cry, but then he saw a note from Hermione. It simply said….

I know you feel like you have no one right now Harry. Please don't feel that way Harry, you have me, and Ron. I know Sirius was a big loss if you need to talk you can always ask me.

Love

Hermione

Something about this letter made Harry mad, so mad in fact that it burned in his hands. The rest of his presents did not matter to Harry, sure they were all nice in their own way but it was nothing compared to the photo album Hermione gave him. Harry fell asleep looking at the photo album that night.

Harry woke up early that morning and instinctively grabbed his wand and headed down to the Quidditch pitch. Dumbledore stood there waiting for Harry.

"Good we can start now, today I decided I want to learn what you are capable of. I am going to have you duel with Professor Snape." As Dumbledore said that Harry noticed Snape step out of the shadows.

"What I have to duel Snape? What kind of training is this?" Harry asked

"If your to afraid to duel with me you don't have to Potter." Snape sneered at Harry.

"Ha you wish, I just said that because this will be to easy!" Harry snapped back.

"Gentlemen, why can't you two ever get along? Oh and Harry the Apparation wards are back up so you can not do the apparate while dueling thing." Dumbledore said.

"Professor why did you just tell me this, and not lizard breath?" Harry asked.

"Because Harry, it drains a wizard heavily to do this type of maneuver, the only wizards that I know of who are powerful enough to do it is Voldemort, you, and me." Dumbledore said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Harry's jaw dropped. "What?"

"Never mind, now on the count of three you may begin. One… Two… Three!" Dumbledore yelled.

"EXSPELLIARMUS!" Professor Snape yelled

Harry just stood there and watched the jet of blue light rush at him, and the last second he flicked his wand just the right way and concentrated on returning the spell to his potions professor, it worked and Snape had to dodge his own spell.

"Professor please, this isn't second year your going to have to try your best!" Harry snapped.

"BLASTIK!" Professor Snape yelled as a jet of orange light rushed towards Harry.

Harry easily rolled out of the way of this curse. But then something weird happened the spell turned around and headed back towards Harry again. 'What the hell?' Harry thought to himself. "PROTEGO!" Harry yelled as the shield spell erected around him. Snape's spell shattered Harry's shield and hit him. Harry flew a few feet and fell to the floor with pain. Harry was trying to pull himself up but it just hurt too much. He barley heard Professor Snape yell the disarming spell as he fell unconscious.

Harry woke late that night, once he realized how late it was he knew Hermione had to be here. He pulled himself out of the bed in the hospital wing of Hogwarts, not caring for what Madame Promfre had to say. His ribs hurt him slightly but it wasn't really too bad, he could manage. He slowly got up out of bed, he was only wearing his knickers so he looked around and found his clothes and his wand. He walked to the door and opened it up. He was free he could now go see Hermione, or so he thought.

"POTTER! Just were do you think you are going too?" Madame Promfre yelled at Harry as she came bursting through her office door.

"Um, going to go see Hermione." Harry said his courage mounting up.

"Well she is just fine she arrived right on time with the rest of the Muggle Born students. So just go back to bed you need your rest you will be fine tomorrow."

"NO! I am going to go see Hermione." Harry started to make his exit

Madame Promfre waved her wand and the door closed and locked. "Now Potter go to sleep."

Harry was getting mad, he was fine Madame Promfre even said he was he just needed to sleep tonight. Why couldn't he see Hermione? Harry not thinking straight pointed his wand at the door and without even saying the incantation the door blew open.

"Potter if you go through that door I will give you a months worth of detentions. Do you really have to see Hermione that bad?"

"I have too I love her!" Harry stopped he couldn't believe he just said that. 'What? I love her? I guess I do I really do love Hermione. She is the only one who has always been there for me.' Harry thought to himself.

Madame Promfre tried to stop Harry but it was too late he was already gone. Harry ran to the portrait of the fat lady and said the password and walked in it was all dark. There were only two people in the room, it was Ron and Hermione. It wasn't however the Ron and Hermione he had hoped to find. What were Ron and Hermione doing? 'NO!' Harry shouted to himself, they were kissing. Harry turned around and ran. He heard them shout for him be he didn't care he was gone.

Harry ran and ran he wanted to cry so bad, but he wanted to be strong, he was a Gryffidor after all. He ran to the first room he could think of, the room of requirement.

A/N: Ah don't hate me! Please don't this will be Harry Hermione trust me! As a matter of fact next chapter there will be a Harry and Hermione moment. I promise!