Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

A/N: Wow it has been a while hasn't it? Well sorry, I doubt I have any readers but o well I thought I would finish this story, because I think it has some potential. Plus I went back to my favorite story of all time and I found it still isn't finished and it made me mad, so I guess that is how all of you feel so here we go….

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Chapter 5

You Can't Always Get What you Want….

Harry ran and ran he wanted to cry so bad, but he wanted to be strong, he was a Gryffindor after all. He immediately ran into the first room he could think of, the room of requirement.

As Harry entered the room it immediately morphed into what he exactly needed the DA room. It seemed empty without all of his cheerful 'students'. "I guess Hermione will have to take over, I am done with risking people's lives." Harry thought to himself. Before he could think of anything more the door opened and Hermione burst through.

"Harry what you saw back there…. I…"

Hermione couldn't finish what she wanted to say, because Harry kissed her full on the lips. Hermione indeed kissed back, but not for long she pushed herself away, Harry knew it couldn't last, he knew he couldn't be happy.

"I'm sorry Harry, but Ron and I are more then friends."

"Hermione, I love you, how, and when?" A very depressed Harry asked

"I came here to Hogwarts to find you in the Hospital again, and I just broke down and he was there for me. I love you too Harry, it's just that can't be with you and be hurt over and over again." Hermione said and she started to cry, she really did love Harry.

Harry immediately embraced his love and apologized to her over and over again…

"Hermione if we love each other, can't we be together?"

"No" And with that Hermione left the room.

Nearly four months have passed since Hermione shot Harry down. True to his word Harry stuck to Dumbledore's training schedule, Hermione also took over the DA. Harry had been keeping to himself lately, he felt betrayed by Ron, even though he knew that Ron didn't know he liked Hermione. He also felt hurt whenever he talked to Hermione.

Harry's alarm clock rang at five fifteen just like almost ever other morning for the past four months. Harry made his way down to the Quidditch pitch to find Dumbledore and once again Snape waiting for him.

Before Dumbledore could say anything Snape piped up. "Well Potter it looks like you get a rematch, I do hope you don't act like a little baby again and end up in the hospital. BLASTIK!"

Harry just stood there and watched the jet of light rush at him, at the last second he raised his wand up and the spell immediately stopped and turned around and headed straight for Snape.

Professor Snape immediately started waving his wand around and muttering "Finite" and he finally got the spell to disappear.

Harry slowly walked around Snape in a circle, in one fluid motion he then raised his wand and a jet of silver light rushed at Snape. There was absolutely nothing the potions professor could do, all attempts were futile as Snape fell to the floor, and into a trance.

Professor Dumbledore immediately took notice to what Harry was doing, not sure whether or not to intervene, so he just stood and watched.

"Tell me Professor, how do you rank among your fellow death eaters, for example if you all had to duel for leadership how would you do?" Harry asked getting straight to the point.

In a very monotone voice Snape said "Roughly the middle."

"Is there any extremely powerful wizards or witches I have to worry about besides Voldemort?"

Again in the monotone voice of Professor Snape said "There are three of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named lieutenants that you have to worry about. One you know named John Smith he is the least powerful of the three. The next is Sung Chein, the Asian seductress. You Know Who used her to gather intelligence for him, she can get it pretty easy out of some very powerful male wizards. Don't let her looks fool you even the headmaster would have trouble with her. The last I do not know his name, all I know about him is that he is said to be You Know Who's son, and his mother is a very powerful unspeakable turned evil, it is said that everything Master can do his son can do."

After getting the info he needed out of the potions master Harry just pointed his wand at Snape and a jet of red sparks shot out of it and knocked the professor out. Harry then turned and started walking towards Hogsmeade.

"Just were do you think your going?" Dumbledore asked.

"I am ready, I am going to go kill Voldemort so I can be with Hermione." Harry said some tears started to fall from his face, this was not right he thought. He was not a stone cold killer he needed to have his friends back, he needed to have his godfather back.

"How will killing Voldemort get you Hermione?"

"Because she said that she couldn't be with me while I was in danger, she said as long as I could die any second she said she didn't know if she could take it."

"What did you say to her after that?"

"Nothing really all I have been doing for the past three and a half months is train, I haven't really talked to her or Ron since then."

"Harry…." Dumbledore was speechless he knew this had to be correct to explain for why Harry had improved so much, but he couldn't live with himself knowing that Harry gave up so much.

"I know Professor it isn't right but it is for the best, I think I can beat him now." Harry said trying to lighten the mood up.

"Your wrong, you wouldn't last ten minutes with him right now, you could probably only take down one of the three lieutenants. You need to be at pure heart, you need to have love flowing through you, you have to keep your friends for you to reach your true potential."

"So what? I give up training to be a kid again?"

"Wrong! Keep training as hard as you have been, but don't leave your friends in the dark, have them help you when they can."

"Thanks professor, so you really think I can't last ten minutes with Voldemort?"

"Harry I can't last twenty minutes with him." Dumbledore said his usual blue twinkling eyes were gone, they were no a dull gray."

"But… Professor the Department of Mysteries you seemed to be beating him there." Harry asked shocked, and now very scared.

"That wasn't even a five minute fight, he wasn't nearly close to full power that day, now I suggest you go upstairs and get ready for your classes, your teachers tell me you are slacking."

"Sir, its just its so boring, plus what happened to Defense against the Dark Arts classes? I mean it's a mockery right now, for crying out loud Neville could beat the bloody Professor in a duel. AND sir when does Advanced Defense Magic start?"

"Well we are getting a new Defense Against the Dark arts teacher, and we get a Advanced Defense Magic teacher right after the Christmas holiday, we wanted to start it earlier but he is on a very crucial mission and wont be back in time."

"Who is the mystery man he sounds pretty powerful?"

"Well he is, he was a Marauder after all, now I suggest you get to your classes and do your homework early because tomorrow we will duel." And with that Professor Dumbledore was gone.

Harry was shocked Remus Lupin was coming back to Hogwarts. Harry chocked up for a second the last of his dad's close friends. "Wow maybe we can win this war after all." Harry thought to himself.

Before Harry could think any more about Lupin the class bell rang. Harry had no more time to think, because he was late for Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"Potter your late!" Professor Jensen said to Harry and he ran through the door breathing heavily.

"Yeah, sorry, oh and I don't know if I will even be here tomorrow." Harry responding not really carrying if it made Jensen angry.

"WHAT!" Professor Jensen yelled at Harry. "Do you know how important this class is! He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is out there and this class will teach you how to survive!"

"No offense sir, but you are teaching us stuff that we learned in second year! I mean for crying out loud you say we have to work are way up to the full body bind curse!"

"Listen Potter just because your Parents died to save you doesn't mean you can come into my class room acting like your such a big shot now go and take your seat!" Jensen yelled as he pointed his wand to Harry's seat.

All the glass in the room shattered, and paper started to fly around as Harry managed to mutter "Yes sir." And he then took his seat.

Jensen turned his attention back to the class and he started to say "Now today we will start with the disarming curse…."

"Psst…. Hermione" Harry whispered

"What?" Hermione scolded at Harry

"Listen I'm sorry, just because you are with Ron I shouldn't hate you. So if you will have me, will you be my friend again?" Harry asked in a very cheesy way.

"Sure" Hermione smiled at Harry

"Great, hey let me buy you supper tonight?"

"Ok my last class ends at six so I will meet you in the entrance hall then."

"Ok grea….."

"POTTER! That's it you got detention tonight." Jensen yelled at Harry, obviously mad about the talking.

"Um, sir I have plans tonight, how about tomorrow?"

The class giggled, none of them really had any respect for this man. They wanted to be challenged luckily for them they had DA with Hermione.

"Potter don't make me bring you to the headmasters office!"

"Ok Professor, listen I can't make the detention tonight so how about we compromise and I will go twice as long tomorrow night?" Harry asked, he was genially serious he was not going to miss his dinner with Hermione.

"Ok Potter I tell you what, if you can get my wand away from me before I get yours you don't have to go to detention tonight or any other night, but if I get yours you have to go tonight and for the rest of the week?" Jensen asked, he was so sure you could beat a little overrated sixteen year old, and maybe win the respect of his class.

Harry burst out laughing at this. "Are you serious?"

"ON the count of three! ONE…TWO… THREE..!" The professor yelled and sent a barrage of curses at Harry, who dove away from his seat in time to avoid the curses.

"CLOTH BANASHI!" Harry yelled the spell instantly hit the professor striping him of all his cloths besides his boxers. "Oops sorry Professor you wanted me to take your want right? Well in that case EXSPELLIARMUS!" Harry yelled as the Professor went flying out the door losing his wand.

"HARRY…HARRY…HARRY!" Everyone started to chant.

A very embarrassed Harry gave a little fake bow. He then bent over and asked Hermione when the next DA meeting was. She responded "Tonight at ten, so we have to be back from dinner by then."

Harry smiled and responded with "Great I will be there, well see you at six tonight, I better go apologize to Dumbledore." And with that Harry ran out the door.

A/N: Sorry if that completely sucked, I feel I lost a lot of writing 'power' lol. Hopefully next chapter I will be a little more I don't know, not as sucky?