Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

A/N: A/N: Well I only got 2 reviews for that chapter, that makes me a little sad, and it also makes me extremely uninspired. So please review for this chapter! Also someone asked what was the Dumbledore being Harry's great grandfather. Well I put that in the last chapter as a surprise for Harry, I thought it would make his death a little more meaningful for. Also I know a lot of people died in the last chapter, and when I am done with this story or maybe when I have some time, I will write a one shot called Moody's Story, that will say how they all died trying to help Dumbledore and Harry.

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Chapter 7

A Little Peace

Suddenly the gargoyle sprang to life and said "Welcome Headmaster Potter, what would you like the new password to be?'

"WHAT!?!" A very surprised Harry asked "How, what would make you think I am the Headmaster."

"Just pick a password Harry, we can figure the rest out inside."

"Um, my new password is Snuffles" Harry said with a sad look on his face.

Harry and the rest of them quickly made there way up the stairs, and were surprised to see all of Albus Dumbledore's personal possessions were gone.

"Okay, the first thing we need to do, is for Harry to pick a new headmaster for the school, or at least an temporary one until the Ministry of Magic gets back on their feet and appoints one." Minerva said taking charge

"Well, erm I guess the only person I can see doing that is you Headmaster McGonagall, but before I give up my power." Harry paused with a smile on his face. "I would like to appoint Remus Lupin the new Defense against the Dark Arts teacher."

"Thank you Harry." Lupin said with a semi happy smile on his face.

"Ok, well everyone take a seat." Minerva said and waved her wand and enough chairs for everyone appeared.

"Ok, this is hard to say but, the Order suffered heavy losses, along with several students who got trapped in the crossfire on the quidditch pitch, the good news is Albus managed to save almost all of them before." Minerva paused and wiped a tear from her cheek and finished "Before he died. But we have even greater news, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is gone for good!"

At that everyone but Harry started to cheer. Harry hated to break the news to them but said it anyway. "Voldemort is not dead."

At this everyone stopped cheering and looked at him as if their life was over.

"But Harry his body was no were to be found, you and Albus must have obliterated him." Remus said with a hopeful look on his face.

"Albus sent the killing curse at him, not me. He will be back, it is just a matter of time." Harry said he was very upset.

At this Hagrid slammed his fists on the Desk and yelled "THAT DAMN PROPHECY!"

"Well if that is case, the order must regroup, we also must go after and kill the You-Know-Who's two remaining lieutenants." Remus started to say with a big grim look on his face

"Wrong, non of you should dare think about going after them you will die, and what do you mean the two remaining ones?" Harry asked

"The Asian, and his s-s-son survived, Moody was able to kill the other one. Also Harry we can't let those two on the loose. With them around You-Know-Who will be able to come back quicker." Minerva said

"Yes I know, but the way I see it is there is no way he can come back for at least a couple of years. I mean he didn't even start to try for ten years last time. He is stronger now, and also he wants to come back soon before I get stronger. Now about the last two lieutenants, I will take a little trip over the holiday and finish them off."

"No you will not! Harry you are still just a kid, you can not go and fight those two." Remus said standing up.

"SIT DOWN! How dare you say I am just a kid! My Parents are dead, Sirius the closest thing I have ever had to a father is dead, and now Albus Dumbledore who I just found out today is my great grandfather is dead! All because of the scum like them! You guys can stop me for now, but the day I turn seventeen is the day they die!"

"Well if you want to go get yourself killed, you are going to have to wait until you are of age!" Molly said, with Arthur nodding in agreement.

"Fine, and if you want the order to cease to exist you guys go after them because they will kill you all easily." And with that Harry stormed out leaving the order alone in the headmasters office.

Harry made his way out through the gargoyle to see Hermione waiting there for him crying. "Harry! Oh Harry there is something I need to tell you." Hermione said crying throwing herself into Harry's shoulder.

"What is it Hermione?" Harry asked pulling Hermione into a deep embrace.

"It's Ron, Harry he is missing, no one has seen him since Voldemort attacked."

"What? Is he dead?"

"No, I don't know we just can't find him." Hermione said bursting into tears once again.

"Accio Muarders Map!" Harry yelled and instantly the Maurders map came zooming towards him.

Harry on instinct pulled his wand out and tapped it on the empty sheet of parchment and said "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." As soon as he said that a huge rush of relief came around him. "Hermione he is alive! But he must be badly injured he is still at the Quidditch pitch."

Harry and Hermione raced down there as fast as they could, using the map Harry was able to locate Ron, he was buried under a bunch of ruble with Luna Loovegood. Harry and Hermione quickly elevated all of the rocks, and stuff off of them and levitated them up to the Hospital wing. Madame Promfry was greatly surprised to find out that they were both still alive, if they had been buried any longer they would have died from it.

As Harry and Hermione made their way out Harry couldn't help but notice on Dumbledore's bed there were already hundreds of bouquets of flowers all over him, Harry swore he could almost make out an angelic halo over his head. Also Phawk's Albus' pet phoenix was perched on the bed stand, upon seeing Harry he left it and majestically floated over and landed on Harry's shoulder, he stuck out his leg and Harry unwrapped a very long note from his leg. It was from Dumbledore.

"Um, Hermione if it wouldn't be too much trouble do you think I could read this alone?"

Hermione nodded and silently made her way up to the Gryffindor tower. Harry strolled out onto the Lawn and sat under the tree where his parents used to sit, and opened Dumbledore's letter.

Dear Harry,

Sadly if you are reading this it must mean that I am dead. Now first I must say I do hope that you all miss me. Now seriously I must say this, if you killed Voldemort great, he is dead for good. But if I or anyone else had any part in his demise then he is still alive. I would have to guess anywhere from 2-5 year's until he returns if that is the case. Please Harry keep practicing your Occulemcncy, and your Dueling skills. You will need it for when he returns. The good news is when he returns you will have the advantage because I daresay Harry you are a far greater wizard then any of us could have ever imagined.. You will find several books in your house that can help you out. Now that brings me up to my next topic your house. The house in Godrics hallow was not your parents normal residence they were just hiding out there. The Potter family mansion is located on a small private lake in the country side by Stratford Upon Avon. I would like to be buried by my wife's' grave on the opposite side of the lake in the Potter burial site. I am sure you are wondering how exactly I am your great grandfather. The answer to that is I am James's mother's father. Yes I know it is a mouthful but that is how we are related. Now that being said, you are my only remaining relative, besides for my brother Aberforth whom I never really got along with, also I am not a Potter by blood nor is Aberforth so it wouldn't be right for us to keep your mansion from you.. Also Sirius left you his house, and all of his families money, though if I may but in, Remus could use a place to stay. One final bit of business that must be discussed is were you are going to spend your final summer of schooling at? Well everyone would have to agree with me by saying that you are more then capable of handling yourself and you can stay at the mansion. When the time comes for you to go there just ask Phawk's to bring you the portkey I made for it, once you have seen it once you will be able to apparate there, though in the future you may want to put protective wards around it. Finally I must say Harry is that I sincerely apologize to you. I should have let you live with me when you were a child. But I was just to busy with the school, and I reasoned that you would be safer at the Dursely's house rather then with me. I was a fool Harry! If I could change that I would.

With all the Love and old man can give,

Albus Dumbledore

Harry finished reading the letter and started to cry silently about it. He was happy and sad all at the same time. All of his question were answered. Also he had a house of his own, he didn't ever have to go back to the Dursely's, but he was still sad so many people have died because of him, and more would. The war was not over. Voldemort will be back, Harry just hoped he would be better prepared for the next time.

*******

It had been two days since the death of Voldemort, Ron had just gotten out of his comma along with Luna. Families were leaving the Hogwarts ground and returning back to their homes. Since they all started school early by almost a month, the students were granted an extra long Easter holiday, instead of the usual one week, they were now granted two. Once they returned they would be meeting, their new Potions, DADA, and Care of Magical Creatures teachers. Hagrid recently resigned saying that since Dumbledore was gone he no longer felt obligated to stay. As soon as Dumbledore's funeral was done with he was going to leave for Paris to be with Madame Maxime. Dumbledore's funeral was going to take place in three days, at the Potter mansion.

"Hermione are you sure you want to come with me? Don't you think you should be with your parents?" Harry asked standing in the Gryffindor common room next to the portkey that would take him to his families house.

"Yes, I have told you a thousand times Harry. My family is all muggles, they do not understand what just happened. Plus I do not want to miss Dumbledore's funeral. Now I am very curious to see your mansion lets go!" As soon as Hermione said that Harry nodded and they both grabbed the portkey which was one of Phawk's feathers.

Harry felt the familiar tug on his navel and landed with a thud on the front lawn of a beautiful house, on a 20 acre lake.

"Wow Harry it's wow!" Hermione said

"HARRY POTTER! Oh Dobby is pleased to see you have arrived on time sir!" Dobby the house elf squeaked.

"Dobby? What are you doing here? I thought you were still at Hogwarts?" Harry asked

"Oh no sir! Dobby is now Harry Potters' house elf." Dobby squeaked out.

"Wow, that's nice of you Dobby." Harry said, Hermione then glared at him and Harry quickly added "But remember Dobby you are free, and I will pay you whatever Hogwart's did."

"Oh there is no need to pay Dobby, Dobby owes Harry Potter for freeing him from the horrible Malfoys. Now would Harry Potter like a tour of his house?"

"Sure lead the way." Harry responded

"Well out here the twenty acre lake is all yours, along with a good chunk of land on the other side where, Albus's funeral is going to be held. Over on this side you own everything too the nearest road which is over five hundred acres away." Dobby paused to let Harry and Hermione survey the surrounding area. "Inside there are 4 floors. Here, on the first you have all the entertaining area's, on the second is your room, two more guest rooms, and a very large bathroom. The third consists of a very large library, your office, and a couple more guest rooms. On the fourth floor is just miscellaneous rooms, like a game room, it seems your father was very found of a muggle game called pool." Dobby squeaked out very fast.

"Thank you Dobby, I think we can manage from here." Harry said, and with that Dobby gave a loud pop and he was gone.

"Come on Harry I want to see the library!" Hermione squealed with joy. And she ran up the stairs to the third floor.

"Oh my Harry, it's huge! It is almost half the size of the Hogwarts library!"

"Yea, this just doesn't seem right. I can't have my own house." Harry said an a almost joking voice.

"Yea, oh Harry there is an owl waiting to be let in over there." Hermione said pointing to a large window on the far side of the room.

Harry quickly walked over, and let the large barn owl in. It was from the wizarding burial company. Harry read the letter it was just some facts about the times, and telling him all the guests were invited and were scheduled to starting showing about around noon three days from now.

"What was that letter about?" Hermione asked

Harry just handed it over to her and walked over to a nearby desk, and took out some parchment and a quill and scribbled out two notes. One two all the order members inviting them to come over and stay the night before the funeral. The second one was to the Weasley's inviting them to come over tomorrow, and to stay as long as they wish .

As Harry sent out the letters, he felt some tears trickle down his cheeks. All this funeral arranging brought back really bad memories. Hermione saw this and slowly walked over to Harry and pulled him into a deep embrace and kissed him softly on the lips.

A/N: Well that is it for this chapter, not much to say. But REVIEW!