Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

A/N: YAY two more reviews lol, at least one is positive and the other offers some good criticism. I know a lot of the characters do not have that much depth yet, but that is because it was mostly action stuff, but now there is going to be a break in that for a bit, at least until Harry turns seventeen. So hopefully I can build up the characters, well time for chapter 8.

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Chapter 8

A Funeral

"You want me to break Harry?" Ron asked as he finished racking up all of the que balls.

"What? Yeah, sure." Harry answered not really paying attention to what Ron was saying.

"Is something wrong Harry?" Ron asked a little timidly, he usually left the counseling to Hermione.

"Jeez Ron you can be think of course something is wrong." Harry snapped

"Harry besides the obvious, you seem different, that's all."

Harry sighed for a second, then decided to answer. "It is all happening so fast, I mean at the start of the year we all hated each other, then the training happened, then the fight, then Dumbledore dies, and then the other night Hermione kisses me, I love her, and I know she loves me its just is it meant to be?"

"Harry, I was bloody prat. I never should have asked Hermione out." Ron paused for a second and shot the white que ball hard into the assorted colors, and striped balls on the other side of the table. Knocking in the 1, 6, and 13 ball in. "I guess I am solids, anyways what I was saying, it was really dumb of me to do that. Everyone knows you two are meant for each other. It is obvious, I am just happy now that you two are alive still. We can finally enjoy ourselves without worrying about a big bad guy floating around." Ron finished as he took aim at the three ball and missed horribly.

"Ron, there still are two big bad guys floating around, not just the big big bad guy." Harry paused and shot at the 9 ball and dropped it in, and he also did the same with the 15, and 12 ball. "I wonder what is going on in the Ministry right now? It has almost been a week since Voldemort disappeared for a bit, is there going to be a new Minister? What are they going to be doing about Aurors? I mean isn't there only a handful left or something." Harry asked quickly changing the subject.

"Wow, what's with all of the questions? From what Dad tells me there will be a new Minister and it looks like that Bones girl, you know the one you had the trial with is going to be it. And about the Aurors? Well you know how hard it used to be to get into it? Now they are practically having open enrollment, all you need is a E on your DADA, and Newt to join, ah damn you beat me again." Ron said as Harry dropped the eight ball in.

"Hey Ron lets turn on the radio, the news should be on now." Harry said as he walked over and turned on the wizarding radio.

"And for the top news of the evening Brian Greene, an Unspeakable has thrown his hat into the race for the next Minister of Magic. He says that all spells, that could inflict damage to a person should be outlawed, and that power dampener spells should be placed on all wizards and witches, so if they ever show signs of turning evil their power will be cut." Harry heard enough and turned the radio off.

"Bloody hell, if only Dumbledore was alive to hear that." Ron said and shook his head

"I'm not worried a guy like that will never get voted in. Come on Hermione and Dobby should have supper ready." Harry said as they headed down to the dining room.

Harry and Ron made their way down the stairs and were surprised to see Minerva McGonnagal, Remus Lupin, and Susan Bones were all sitting at the table.

"You guys are here early I didn't think you were going to be here tell dinner tonight." Harry said taking a seat at his usual spot, and Hermione came out and sat next to him. "So what do I owe the unexpected pleasure of your visit Mrs. Bones?" Harry asked

"I don't know if you know yet but, an unspeakable from the Ministry named Brian Greene has announced his candidacy for Minister of Magic. It is in yours and my best interest if he does not win." Susan Bones said.

"Go on I'm listening." Harry said leaning back in his chair.

"First of all, he along with a few people in the Ministry think you should be sent to Azkabam for using the killing curse." She paused for a minute to let this sink in and then continued. "Now I for one think what you did was right, we that enforce the laws can not take them too seriously, we must allow for bending in cases like this. Now that is not all, this man is a stickler for what he calls "public safety" if he wins he will implicate a law that would have everyone bring their wand in to be registered, and have a charm casted on it, that would send all curses it makes to the ministry for record, and also the charm would enable the Minister of Magic to render it useless. Now I think all of this is nice in theory, but it will be abused, and I for one will not surrender my wand."

"Nor will I." Harry agreed "So what do you want me to do about it?" Harry asked

At this Bone's cheeks flushed a bit. "I would like it very much if you voiced your support for me as the next Minister of Magic. Along with you Minerva, Tonks, and the remaining members of the Order are going to show their support for me."

"Well as much as I would like to stay out of things like this, I will do it. Though I really think it doesn't matter, no one is going to vote for that lunatic." Harry said

"Well actually Harry he is not to far behind in the polls. The people are afraid, I am afraid if there is a Death Eater attack led by You-Know-Who's son or any other powerful Death Eater for that matter, it will almost be a grunted win for Greene. The wizarding world can't defend itself right now, I am surprised his son isn't attacking right now, I do not know why he could almost win grunted." Susan Bones said

"I can answer that for you, he can't kill me, it is a long story don't ask. Though I think I have a solution for you." Harry said.

"Yes, and what is that?"

"Tell these two idiots to let me go after them and kill them." Harry said in a very cold voice

Remus immediately butted in and said "Absolutely not, or at least not until his sixth year is over. Maybe this summer if he lets me come with him we can go and take care of the final two lieutenants."

"As much as I would like that, you have to listen to Remus he is your guardian after all. Now according to the polls I have a 60 percent lead to his 40. I would think that will hold until the May first vote. Sadly you will not be of age then so you can't vote for me." Susan Bones said with a smile.

Before Harry could say anything a brilliant green fire appeared in the nearest fireplace, and a very official looking ministry official said, "Mrs. Bones you are needed at the department headquarters the dark mark has just appeared in London." With that the man disappeared.

"Damn, stuff like this has to stop!" And with that she disaperated away.

Harry didn't say anything for a few moments, and then finally asked "Is everything ready for the funeral?"

"Yea, Everyone will start to arrive in a hour, Aberforth is giving the main speech, Hagrid will say something, and then you have the highest honor of the final words on him, and dropping the casket into the ground." Minerva said

"Ok I will be in the Library send Dobby to get me when it is time to go." With that Harry left to the seclusion of the library, he needed to do some research on a few new spells, like anti-apparation wards, and mostly wand less magic control.

****

"Harry Potter sir, you are needed at the funeral now." Dobby said with a squeak as he popped right next to Harry.

Harry jumped startled at Dobby's sudden appearance. "Thank's Dobby." Harry said as he got up and headed out of the house, and across the lake to where the funeral was taking place.

He took a seat next to Hermione and Ron, as soon as Harry sat down Hermione leaned on his shoulder and quietly started to weep. It looked like almost all of the English wizarding world had showed up to honor Dumbledore. There were hundreds of rows of seats, all packed with people.

"Well now that we are all here." Aberforth said pausing and looking at Harry before he continued. " We are all here to honor on of history's greatest wizards Albus Eugene Dumbledore. He died doing what he was put on this Earth to do, that is protect people. Albus is the greatest brother, and friend anyone could ask for. I know he would not want me to be up here and bore you with trivial facts you can all read on his chocolate frog card. So I will let Hagrid take care of that." Aberforth smiled and took a seat.

From out of almost no where the great giant of a man Hagrid arose from the seats and stop in front of everyone with the casket behind him. "Albus Dumbledore was a great man. I can not tell you of all the things he has done for me. We are not really religious people, but I know Albus is with God now, he is on the next great journey of life as he always put it. Only if he was alive right now, to see was the Greene fellow wants to do. Albus would tell all of you not to give up control over your magical powers like that. I know this isn't the time to talk about things like that. I just thought it needed to be said." And with that Hagrid took a seat.

Hermione squeezed Harry's hand a bit, and Harry took it as his queue to start his speech. He quietly got up and walked to the front like Hagrid did and started. "I did not know Headmaster Dumbledore like Hagrid, or Aberforth did, though I wish I could have. I just recently found out he was my great grandfather, my last remaining blood relative from my fathers side." Harry paused and wiped a tear of his face. "I am happy to tell you all this, Albus died saving hundreds of people, maybe even thousands, with his nifty spell work he nearly killed Voldemort." Harry paused once more as there was a collective gasp. "Yes, he nearly killed him, it will be a few years until Voldemort is back or at least I hope it will be that long. Lets all pray for Albus's soul tonight, though I daresay he doesn't need it." Harry said and then turned around and pointed his wand at the closed casket and hovered it over to the sixth foot hole in the ground and lowered his beloved headmaster into it. The dirt magically covered up the hole and then Harry took his seat next to Hermione, and Ron.

"That was all every nice, everyone is invited to the mansion for an early supper." Aberforth said as he led the way to Harry's house.

****

Dinner went by fine at Harry's house but the mood was not very happy. People were apparating and disaperating all the time, there were rumors of several attacks on ministry officials it was even rumored Susan Bones was dead. Remus, Minerva, Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, and Tonks all left to number 12 Grimwauld place shortly after the funeral.

"Well Mate I will see you on the train Monday morning." Ron said as he walked to the fireplace and threw some floo in it and said "The Burrow."

"Harry your speech was very moving today." Hermione said with a smile.

"Erm thanks, well I think I am going to get some sleep." Harry said as he started to make his way up the stairs.

"Wait, Harry. Do you think maybe next time we have a Hogsmeade visit you would like to go on a date?" Hermione said and she flushed a very deep shade of red.

Harry smiled at this and nodded, but then said "How about we go out on one tomorrow night?"

"Sure!" Hermione said and gave Harry a quick peck on the cheek and then ran up the stairs towards her room.

A/N: Sorry I know it is not the best, or most exciting chapter, but I had to move it along a bit. I am a little bit unsure what to do next. I am either going to start bring death eater attacks back again big time, or take a break from them and have them regroup and only do small sabotage things, and have Greene become the Minister of Magic, were Harry refuses to voluntarily give up control of his Magic along with the Order of Phoenix, but I am not sure. Tell me what you all would like to see this head towards.