Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War by Sirius Potter
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Sirius Potter

A/N: Well I don't know what to say besides, with senior year and work, I kind of forgot all about Harry Potter fan fiction. But now its settling down a bit and I decided to properly finish it.

Harry Potter and the Great Magical War

Chapter 6

Changes Turn and Face the Strange

Christmas time rolled around at Hogwarts, Harry' dinner with Hermione went horribly wrong, she would have none of it. She would not go out with Harry, she said it wouldn't be fair to Ron. Harry keeping to Dumbledore's advice did not keep his friends involved, though they really weren't his friends like they used to be. Ron was sour at Harry for trying to pull the "moves" on his Hermione.

Training was going great, Harry was able to Duel with Professor Dumbledore for a good half an hour before the Headmaster could get the best of him. In fact today after twenty minutes of Dueling Harry managed to disarm his headmaster, but with a bit of fancy wand less magic Dumbledore got it back.

"You know Professor it really isn't fair, how am I supposed to beat you? It does no good for me to disarm you?" Harry asked chuckling a bit.

"Harry my boy, you mean you can't do it? The-Boy-Who-Lived cannot do wand less magic?" Dumbledore said with a big blue twinkle in his eye.

Harry just shot an evil glare at his Headmaster.

"Well then we will just have to fix that huh? Tomorrow morning we will begin a new cycle of your training." And with that Dumbledore headed back up to the castle.

Harry couldn't wait to try it. He mastered it in a few days though there were limitations, powerful curses like the killing one and shield charms, should not be used by it unless in extreme circumstances because it drains the wizard way to much.

Soon it was time for Harry's first quidditch game of the year, against Slytherian or what was left of them. But first he had to go have breakfast with his team.

"Hey Harry!" Ron said as Harry took a seat in-between him and Katie Bell.

"Hey Ron, why so happy? I thought you hated me right now?" Harry asked

"Well, I have decided to forgive you, plus I am no longer going out with Hermione, we ended it late last night."

Harry was about to reply to this but team caption Katie Bell spoke up first. "Alright team, this is the first game of the year, I know it's a late start to the season, but the Headmaster wanted to make sure things were calm enough. Now I know the odds are against us, with two new chasers, and two new beaters but I am sure we can do it, now lets head down to the pitch." Bell said in a very Oliver Wood esc, style.

With the speech all the Gryffindors erupted in cheers and headed straight down.

"Hey Harry hold up." Katie called Harry turned around to face his caption. "Listen, Harry please catch the Snitch right away, we both know we don't stand a chance to stay even in points that long.

Harry could just nod at this, and the two of them headed down, to meet up with the rest of the team. As soon as he reached the pitch he could already hear the chants of "Weasley is our King" by the Slytherians. Harry just shrugged it off and hoped Ron pulled another one out of the air like he did last year.

Harry quickly dressed and joined Katie, Ron, and the rest of the team on the pitch, he made it just in time to hear Madame Hotch say "Captions shake hands, alright on the count of three mount your brooms. THREE…TWO………"

"THREE!!! HAHA CRUCIO!" Tom Riddle or more commonly know as Lord Voldemort to the wizarding world appeared with a pop, along with hundreds of others around him.

"Shit" was all Harry could muster and screams erupted every where, even more started as Harry felt a cold shiver run down his spine as he immediately turned around to see more then a thousand dementors were charging them.

Simultaneous Dumbledore and Harry both yelled "EXPECTO PATRONUM!" A giant phoenix and stage charged the dementors.

"Well well Mr. Potter, fancy bit of magic there eh?" Voldemort said as he slowly mad his way towards him, a circle of Death Eaters placed themselves around Harry and Voldemort with their backs turned so their 'master' could take care of the boy.

"Tom I am surprised to see you hear, usually your too much of a coward to show up!" Harry spat his scar ached but luckily the Occulemency classes Dumbledore gave him helped conceal the pain.

"You die now HALF BLOOD! AVEADA KEDAVERA!"

Harry who now by this point had his wand trained on Voldemort, he did not move it, nor did he make any attempt to dodge the curse. Instead he made a motion with his left hand and a large rock nearby came zooming in and intercepted the spell.

"REDUCTIO MAXSIMUS!" Harry yelled as he put as much power as he possible could muster into it. The spell charged Voldemort he really couldn't stop it, but he did take the more vicious side affects away from it. The spell still hit though and Voldemort flew back onto the ground. Harry did not know what to do, he really didn't know any killing curses other then the unforgivable.

Suddenly there was another little pop behind Harry. It was the Great Albus Dumbledore.

"Quick, Harry, Voldemort somehow took down the apparition wards aparate to the Gryffindor locker room.

Harry immediately did what he was told and with a pop he was gone.

"Harry I am sorry I did not come sooner, but I knew you could handle yourself for a bit, there are others who can't." Dumbledore said with all the twinkle in his eye gone.

"Albus, why aren't the others hear to help?" Harry asked knowing there time away from Voldemort couldn't last because there was explosions all around

At this question Dumbledore looked even sandier. "Harry Voldemorts' three lieutenants are guarding the entrance to the pitch. NO one dares thinking about trying to get past them, well besides the Order," Dumbledore let out a sigh before he finished "There dead Harry."

"WHAT ALL OF THEM!" Harry yelled tears starting go come down his cheeks.

"No but most, the Weasley's, Tonks, and Reamus are on a separate mission. One that does not matter anymore. Listen we don't got time, apparate some place safe like Grinwald place. I have to go save my school."

"NO, listen we both know you cant kill him, it's against the Prophecy. But if we do it together maybe we can fulfill it!" Harry said starting to get excited a bit.

"No, I can not let my only great grandson die." Dumbledore said with a smile, some small twinkling back in his eye.

Harry was about to speak but Dumbledore apparated away to join the fight. Harry was shell shocked for a minute. His brain couldn't process all that was going on. He managed to snap out of it and run out of the locker room onto the pitch to see a dozen red stunners sent by death eaters head his way. He aimed his wand at them and muttered "Protectus!" Concentrating hard the strongest shield charm ever created, one used by Merlin himself erected around Harry. Immediately all of the stunners stopped dead in their tracks. Harry using another one of Dumbledore's tricks made some weird slashing motions with his wand, and then held up his hand and wand and yelled "MULTIPLIUS STUPIEFY!" Immediately red balls of light shot out of his wand, and hand and stunned nearly twenty Death Eaters.

Harry then turned his attention Dumbledore's and Voldemorts Duel. It did not look good for his great grandfather. Voldemort was wearing him out fast.

"AVEADA KEDAVERA!" Voldemort yelled and the killing curse rushed towards Dumbledore but this time, something was different. This time Dumbledore couldn't protect himself.

"EXSPELLIARMUS!" Harry yelled as he sent a disarming spell to intercept Voldemorts killing one. Luckily it worked and the two spells connected just like they did back in his fourth year.

"Enough of these games!" Voldemort yelled and broke the connection with Harry.

Harry immediately at this apparated right behind Voldemort and sent a Reducto curse into his back.

"Ahh, POTTER! I see your worthless headmaster has taught you a few new tricks, well I know them two." And with that Voldemort apparated right in front of Harry and stuck his wand in his face.

Harry was ready for this and like a sword his wand went up and blocked it. "POP, POP" Voldemort and Harry both apparated away from each other.

"Well Potter it looks like you could actually make this fun!"

"Harry!" Someone yelled from behind Harry, he immediately turned around to see. Hermione running at him, with her wand at hand.

"NO stay ba….." Harry could not finish all he heard before all went horribly worng.

"AVEDA KEDAVERA!" Voldemort yelled sending the killing curse right at Harry.

There was absolutely nothing he could do, he was going to die, the prophecy would be fulfilled. Suddenly from the side Harry was pushed out of the way by his great grandfather Albus Dumbledore, he smiled at Harry and managed to say "Take care of my school, AVEDA KEDAVERA!" Dumbledore yelled sending every last bit of him into this spell and the killing curse flew at Voldemort with an ungodly like speed. The spell hit and Voldemort disappeared into a bunch of smoke and ashes.

Voldemorts spell also hit its unintentional target and Dumbledore dropped dead to the ground.

"NO!!!!!!!!!, AVEDA KEDAVERA, AVEDA KEDAVERA, AVEDA KEDAVERA, AVEDA KEDAVERA!" Harry yelled immediately four of the remaining Death Eaters dropped to the ground dead. The rest disapperated away. Harry then fell to the ground, in pain mostly mentally, he was magically drained beyond belief.

Harry slowly pulled himself up and surveyed the damage done, the pitch was unrecognizable, Voldemort had completely destroyed everything. Harry then turned his eyes onto Hermione who was lying on the ground. Harry quickly made his way over to her, he hoped that she wasn't dead he couldn't loose two people he loved in one battle.

"Hermione are you all right?" Harry asked

Hermione slowly looked up into Harry's eyes and opened her mouth to speak "Harry, I am sorry, Oh Harry I love you so much." Hermione said and she pulled herself up and gave Harry a very passionate kiss. After a minute they broke apart Harry then turned around and pointed his wand at his great grandfather and Albus floated into the air.

"Come on be better get back to the castle to find out what's all going on." Harry said and the two made there way over there.

Harry and Hermione almost made it to the front entrance when Fudge intercepted him with a group of his personal aurors.

"Harry I do hope you realize you used a unforgivable curse, you know that is an automatic life sentence in azkabam, you are going to have to come with us." Fudge said with an almost triumphant smile on his face.

Harry turned to face the man, his emerald green eyes burning as he spoke "I dare you minister." Then Harry turned his back to him once again, and took the body of Albus up into the hospital wing.

After Harry and Hermione left the hospital wing Harry really did not know what to do. There was so much death outside, and he was not ready to face it, and obviously there wouldn't be no school a good portion of the staff was dead.

There was a sudden pop in front of Harry and there stood Remus.

"Harry! I just heard! I am so sorry I wasn't hear to help." Remus said as he pulled Harry into a big hug. "Listen what is left of the Order is gathering in the Headmasters office, I am sorry Hermione but you can not come."

Hermione understood and went to the dormitory to cry, she wanted to tell Harry that Ron was missing, but she didn't have the heart too yet.

Harry and Lupin walked without a word to the headmasters office, there stood in front of the gargoyle the reaming order members Arthur, Molly, Fred, George, and Tonks. Along with two teachers McGonagall, and Hagrid.

"What's going on why are you all waiting outside?" Remus demanded

"The thing wont open until the new headmaster gives it a password." Minerva said

"What?" Harry asked as he approached it.

Suddenly the gargoyle sprang to life and said "Welcome Headmaster Potter, what would you like the new password to be?'

A/N: NO obviously Harry is not going to be the new headmaster, he is still in school! But when Dumbledore said "Take care of my school." I think the gargoyle would have taken it that way. Plus it was a little fun thing to add.