Unofficial Portkey Archive

Depressed? No, Aroused! by Harry85
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Depressed? No, Aroused!

Harry85

Disclaimer: Since I'm not a RHr shipper, I'm not JK Rowling. Thus, HP is not mine, unfortunately.

A/N: Well, I got an email proposing me a challenge, and I found the idea fun to do, so here I am. Beware, though, this will involve lots of smut, and when I say lots, I mean it, lol. So, without further useless chatter, here it is!

I managed to find time to post this before leaving!

Thanks to my beta Gingercat!

Depressed? No, Aroused!

Chapter Five: Telling the Parents

That night at dinner, Cathleen and Tom could easily sense that something had changed between Harry and Hermione. While the other nights Hermione had always sat in front of her friend for dinner, that night she sat on his side, and her mother could easily see a sparkle in both their eyes that wasn't there before.

She had a good idea of what had happened, having predicted it, but she didn't think it would happen so soon. Still, she couldn't be anything but happy for her daughter. In the time he had spent at their house, Harry had proved to be a really great young man, and she honestly didn't think her baby could have done much better in her choice of boyfriend.

With one of those silent communications usual between married couples, she gave a look to her husband and he half smiled, giving an imperceptible nod, to show he had understood and he had noticed too.

Tom Granger was far less enthusiastic than his wife about the new development, though. Not that he disliked Harry, far from it in fact, but one thing is to have a friend in the house, one thing is to have a boyfriend. And considering he and his wife were at work all day, he could only imagine what could happen while they were away. He had been a teenager too, and good bloke or not, Harry was bound to have horny thoughts. His baby was a teenage girl too, so he feared they may rush into something they weren't ready for.

He made a mental note to speak about that with Cathleen later.

For now, though, he focused on the conversation going on.

"So, Harry, Hermione, there's something you want to tell us?" Cathleen asked with a knowing smile. Both teens blushed, and looked at each other, until finally Hermione spoke.

"Mum, Dad, Harry and I are together now" she said, squeezing his hand under the table for support, as the raven haired boy looked at Tom expecting to be beheaded any moment now.

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Cathleen cooed. "So, how did that happen?" she asked, unable to stop herself. She had always been excessively curious and thirsty for knowledge of any kind, which was probably where Hermione got her love for books and studying from anyway.

Both teens blushed at the memory of how that had actually happened, and they realized they couldn't tell the truth. Luckily, Cathleen and Tom had no idea of how to spot when Harry was lying, not like with Hermione, so he stepped in and gave a slightly different version of the events.

"Well, this morning Hermione came to wake me up as she had breakfast ready and I wasn't up yet, but I was not asleep, I had been thinking about her, I've been doing that a lot lately, and how to tell her I had fallen in love with her. When I saw her, though, everything came much easier than I expected, and here we are now. I'm the luckiest bloke on Earth I guess, since she saw fit to have me. Wouldn't have bet a Sickle on it, really" he finished, taking a sip of water.

He feared his lie had been spotted when nobody talked for a few seconds, then Tom broke the silence first. "Well, Harry, I'm glad you already know how lucky you are, but don't put yourself down. You're quite a decent bloke after all" he quipped, winking at the boy, who exhaled a breath of relief realizing he wasn't going to be killed yet.

After dinner, the four of them enjoyed a bowl of ice cream each while watching a DVD.

"This is one of my favourites, Pirates of the Caribbean" Hermione squealed, settling on the couch near Harry, snuggling close to her boyfriend.

Boyfriend. She liked the sound of that. Looking up, she met Harry's eyes, and both smiled at each other before looking toward the TV again. Cathleen had noticed the exchange and smiled to herself. They truly seemed a good match.

As the movie ended, Hermione sighed. "Johnny Depp is sooo dreamy"

"Oi! I'm standing right here, you know" Harry said in mock outrage. "What am I, chopped liver?"

Hermione seemed to ponder that. "No, I think chopped liver looks better than you" she joked, and he growled, diving to tickle her sides. Her parents watched the exchange, clearly amused, as Hermione tried to get free from under him, wriggling.

Finally she surrendered, and Harry helped her up to her feet, before they bid her parents good night and made their way up the stairs.

As they reached Harry's room, he leaned on the doorframe, not wanting to let her go.

"Goodnight then" he said, sounding a bit dejected.

"Aren't you going to kiss me?" she pouted, and he widened his eyes.

"With your parents down there?" he asked, shocked. He didn't want to be murdered yet, besides that was Voldemort's job, and ol' snake face could get pissed if a Muggle did what he couldn't in several years.

"Aww, you're no fun" she pouted again, and made to walk away.

"Wait" Harry huskily said. "Come here" he whispered then. Slowly, he closed the distance between them, their lips touching, and soon the kiss grew more heated, their tongues entwined in a fierce dance, exploring each other's mouth, while Hermione pressed her body against his, trapped between the door and her. Not that he minded.

Finally, they reluctantly broke apart before her parents could catch them.

Harry's breath hitched in his throat as he looked at her rosy, swollen lips which asked only to be kissed again, but with a strong willpower he bid her goodnight and retreated to his room before he could fall into temptation again.

Resting her forehead on his closed door, Hermione touched her lips with her hand, a silly grin spreading on them.

"Goodnight, Harry" she finally whispered before moving to go to her own room.

--

Once they retreated to their bedroom, Tom brought up the matter that was troubling him. Well, not really troubling, but he thought it needed attention.

"So, what do you think of that?" he casually asked.

"You mean the fact they are now a couple? I think it's fantastic" Cathleen said, while slipping her nightgown on.

"Aren't you worried about what they may do when we are not home?" he asked.

"You mean you're worried they may shag each other senseless all day long while we work?" Cathleen said, to take the mickey out of him. His pained face proved to her she had accomplished her small mission.

"Yeah, that" Tom said, still a bit shaken by the mental image of his baby shagging someone senseless, even a nice guy like Harry.

"Tom, she will eventually do that. And yes, I know she's only sixteen, but I trust her. Hermione has never been one to let others make her do things she doesn't want to do. If they are going to shag all day long, and I have a feeling they will eventually, maybe not right away but before the end of the summer they probably will, then it will be because both of them feel ready for it, and we will just have to accept it, as long as they take precautions"

Tom didn't seem too pleased by that line of reasoning. But he knew deep down that his wife was right.

Sighing, he rubbed a hand on his face, feeling much more tired all of a sudden. Then he looked up, and nodded.

"So you don't think it's a problem to have them sleep in the same room when we will be in Sardinia, do you?"

"Not really, no" Cathleen replied, slipping inside the bed and turning off the light. "Besides, they have no other rooms free, so it's that or cancelling the whole vacation. And you know Hermione would be mad at you if she knew we cancelled it just because of that, because that would make Harry feel guilty and that's something she doesn't like"

"I know" Tom said with a half smile. "The boy does seem to take the blame a bit too easily. Maybe it's because of how those monsters raised him"

"And yet he turned out to be a lovely young man, and we should be happy our daughter picked him as her boyfriend. She could have done much worse, like that other bloke, Ron I think. From what she wrote in her letters in the years, I don't like him much"

"Neither do I" Tom agreed, finally turning over to get a good night of sleep.

-->