Unofficial Portkey Archive

Life and Times by Elban Fehl
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Life and Times

Elban Fehl

Life and Times

Rating: R

Ship: HHr (main emphasis)

The (unlovely) procedure: all rights go to JKR for previous plot and characters, Scholastic, Warner, and whoever else has their hands in HP.

Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.

***

Chapter Fifty-Two - Partner

***

Passerbies gave second-looks at this wispy figure out of her element. It was her hair, how it was blown backward as if she'd kept a fan running in front of her face; the cotton candy-like fullness not so much as moving in a frigid winter wind. Her eyes garnered the same, their bluest of blues twinkling in an abnormally sunny London morning. She carried a basket which she'd taken off her bicycle the moment the pale creature put on a stand and locked for safety outside her flat. Her hands, their precision and quickness, taking the rest of the onlooker's gazes as she moved with such fluidity it appeared so otherworldly.

With nonchalance she'd flash her perfectly symmetrical white gnashers at those hinting voyeurism. Her smile would seemingly change the curious ogling to that of a grin themselves as if people's mood uplifted by just looking at her whilst walking on by. A toddler of the age of two became giddy with just the fairy's presence, giving a wave to which Alice sang out, "Good morning!" A middle-aged man, not on notice of which way was which, ran into another bystander selling newspapers who also caught a glimpse of the extravagant white coat, thin black trousers, and how the tail of her white scarf floated in the street's swift zephyrs. Her attire made up her itsy-bitsy stature.

She'd gone by the time the middle-aged man stopped to help pick the newspapers fluttering around, returning to see nothing but her bicycle outside among others and the door to the apartments closed. He sighed audibly and went about purchasing his own paper, something he didn't do by day but instinctively did this morning in hopes of seeing another glimpse of Alice in those last seconds.

Before the lift, Alice halted her step at the compartments each assigned numerically by room. She slipped her finger over the latch, having taken to unlocking by key and put her set back into a coat pocket. The box had been stuffed: letters to the Editor, signed envelopes for the Quibbler, a bill or two, and something unusual from the week's typical breadth of decor. Her smile eclipsed her features, knowing by the intricately-woven golden cursive the event held within and put the flawless ivory envelope into a pocket within her coat. She knew, her heart frolicking beside said envelope, how much excitement this would bring to her one upstairs.

Gently stepping to one side to allow fellow tenants from the lift, she greeted them all "Good morning," her exceptionally soft voice keeping the men in linger. She then took to the upper floor herself. She didn't so much as fixedly stare into the mirrored walls, a trap for those with a bit of ego. She waited, humming a tune in absence of sound, no birds chirping, no leaves waffling in the wind, the machines and dazzling lights creating an environment different than what she grew up in. She wasn't clueless nor homesick, but fell in habit by memory: the tall, inviting trees, the warmth of sunlight, the aromatically-colourful flora, and the shining stars in a cloudless sky…

Alice put her hands on the doorknob of apartment 317. She waited patiently and heard the chime of a beautiful bell. Softly she closed the door, noting how she left Luna working in the den. She turned from the door and into a picturesque view of that she hummed: flowers garnishing every speck of space, some hanging from walls, others hanging from the ceiling. From somewhere a trickling of water could be heard in the quietness, a clock and its pendulum tick-tocking in harmonious rhythm. She left the basket of groceries on a marbled island in the kitchen, seeing a soapy sponge clean what was left from breakfast on its own. A tea kettle she caught before it whistled, keeping the noise down and placed it aside but not before pouring some hot tea for her own.

In one hand she held the porcelain cup, in her other she unwound her scarf and put it folded neatly atop the sofa at the hearth. She did this by instinct, never once looking to see it land so squarely on the backside. Warmed by fire in a split-second of time, Alice lightly wandered the hall, following a paper trail unlike any Muggle had ever seen. Flapping like fowl, pieces the Quibbler led Alice towards the den where the flock grew overhead.

The trickling came from not one, but two identical waterfalls at each corner of the den. Circling at a rock pool at the bottom, the water cascaded over to levels, calmly folding like cloth against the earth. White carpeting brought upon vibrantly green stems at the far reaches of the room, a field of five petals: a yellow centre growing white with a flush of pink at their tips. The den faced the sky, between venetian blinds shone the sun askance along Luna's work place. The desk, a grain of light and dark browns, melded together in an oval shape. Many cupboards could be drawn out along the sides, a spot for your feet and legs in the middle. Atop the desk sat another level where framed pictures, some moving, faced whoever sat there. Among them were photographs from the past, from Hogwarts, Xenophilius, and Luna's childhood. Others printed most recent, namely a ball Luna and Alice had gone to, Alice's ebony gown complimenting Luna's ivory. Both of them ecstatically smiling into the camera, their temple's together.

Alice stayed at the doorway a moment just taking in the loveliness of Luna, the quirkiness as her salmon nightgown, mossy green tights, and bare feet. How meticulous she went about gathering the pieces of Quibbler, her mind in a daze, lofty in her eyes, how the work kept her from noticing Alice standing there watching her mix-and-match the slips of print and image. Alice sighed in smile, gave an eye roll and started over to Luna. Her boots gave no sound as she stepped, the carpet concealing the pirouette behind a hunched-over pile of golden curls.

The fragrance of fresh jasmine wafted coolly beneath Luna's nose even before Alice could lay a finger on her. She breathed in, and with a lingered sigh swiveled her head to see her beautiful mate in the sunlight, her alabaster skin aglow, and her cerulean irises sparkling. Alice was met with illuminated magnifying glasses, a microscopic appendage fastened to a pair of glittery-fuchsia spectacles. The magnification lessened, small gears rotating from Luna's view to the sides of her eyes. She smiled, a quill of large white plumage in her hand.

Alice lowered, wrapping her arms around Luna's chest and placed her head aside her lover's. She gave the cup of tea to Luna, putting it aside for her later and away from the mountain of paperwork. Alice's eyes gazed over the beginnings of Q, the forerunner for Luna's magazine being built.

"Tel' perma vians par ici vanima…" [The magazine is coming along marvelously…]

Alice ever-so-gently caressed Luna's neck.

"Eil sal o thys si si. Air'r caer si mesaer os tia jhael. Si'bi tysti ail sholi shi maer eil bestaer si vol" [Thank you… And thank you for the tea. It'll keep the snurggles off my legs. They've come in while we slept and messed up the prints.]

The words spoken fell lazily off Luna's tongue.

Alice laughed quietly through her nose.

"Ai'bi kyr mystaerol thys o, tia jhyli." [I've got something for you, my love.]

Luna swept the blonde curls from her sight. "Vaelia? Oh!" [Really? Oh!]

She became increasingly excited, grasping the arms of Alice about her and giving them a pull. Alice gave her a tickle, reaching in with her free hand for the envelope she hid so well. As she lessened her dancing fingers, watching Luna settle, she reached around and showed Luna the immaculate envelope. The whites of Luna's eyes went to saucers when she stared at the front, the intricate cursive labeled:

To Miss Luna Lovegood and To Miss Alice Burton

Luna glanced from Alice to her left, and back down at the letter in all smiles. She slipped a nail beneath the fold and carefully pried open the letter to reveal a nearly-transparent piece of stationary, reading:

HERMIONE JANE GRANGER

AND

HAROLD JAMES POTTER

TOGETHER WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY

REQUEST THE HONOR OF YOUR PRESENCE

AT THE CELEBRATION OF THEIR MARRIAGE

WEDNESDAY, THE FOURTEENTH OF FEBRUARY

TWO THOUSAND AND ONE

TEN O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING

PEDDINGTON LANE

BRIGHTON, ENGLAND

Luna was in the midst of reading the delicate invitation over and over for the seventh, eighth, ninth time when Alice whispered into her ear, "Ei shor os mystaerol sai sar eirdyr eir saes Christmas vasia?" [A bit of something for discussion at their Christmas party?]

Like a breath of fresh air, Alice's words resounded, shaking Luna from her trance-like, repetitive state of rereading the invitation. The sheen from her silvery eyes lit at remembering Hermione inviting them to a Christmas party being held at Number Twelve. Luna laid her head back into Alice, their gazes locked, and matched her coral lips to her mate's shade of natural crimson.

Gently, Luna lay down the invitation atop a photograph of Hermione and Harry, Hermione clinging to Harry's back, her hands over his eyes while Harry supported her under her legs. They were laughing, grinning, Hermione's eyes in slits by the ensuing giggles she produced. In the top right corner wrote, Q - the cover photo for the very first Q magazine, January 2001.

***

"Eisi o vaedia?" [Are you ready?]

"Mhm."

"Cyr ol sol." [Hold on tight.]

Snow plunged from the dark Heavens above. Receding into the crooks of the London street of which two small figures simply appeared on were met with streetlights lined with garland, Christmas lights, and far into the distance the sing-song of carolers. Holding prepared dishes, the left figure, one with an inflamed star upon her noggin juggled the glass covering the moment they landed on the curb. The agile the two individuals caught hold of the slipping glass with her cat-like reflexes, ushering in a "Phew" from the one made up like a Christmas tree, multi-coloured bulbs included.

"O'bi kyr air?" [You've got it?]

Alice's voice escaped in whisper for they weren't alone.

"Happy Christmas," greeted a family coming from across the path quickly in the cold.

"Merry Christmas," shined Alice, her perfectly sculpted face seemingly wanting to crack when she smiled under her black bow. The alabaster skin was striking in the blackness, leaving the same-styled stare from the family.

"Si Wrackspurts eisi eir air eindral. Sholi Ai pyjaer sor eiraesyl thys shys si'bi kyrael ail tia aes…" [The Wrackspurts are at it again. While I dozed this afternoon from work they've gotten in my ears…]

Alice chuckled at Luna's charming sensibility and locked arms with hers, Luna's Christmas tree jacket with faux-pine against her severely ebon chic coat. "Si mar sai shar vol iar sai si thyl pys?" [They said to walk right up to the front door?]

"Casia vaelazaer si maelesoria thys syri eiraelol." [Harry relaxed the security for those attending.]

Alice and Luna pranced across the road, stopping once for an automobile-of which when seeing Alice put on the breaks-and then slipped through the wrought iron gate. Number Twelve began to reveal itself the half-step each woman took upon the brick pathway. They, of course, broke from the path, winding towards an area of shrubbery cut oddly away for Number Twelve's growing entrance.

"Sor air eirdelia ei jhyr sai pai. Ai shaer si car jhyr os thel shor si Ministry. [This is awfully a lot to do. I bet they had loads of fun with the Ministry.]

"Air'm oli bol eil si shalaer ei maelor Christmas. Ai't ceri vaeraer thys si ailorarol--tia thol." [It's one night and they wanted a special Christmas. I'm quite pleased for the invitation--my friends.]

Alice glanced to her side to see the glimmer in Luna's excited face. From a Muggle's perspective, they were there, and then they were not; the proximity of being beside the doorway made them vanish. Alice had been very aware of their surroundings, peering from peripheral before breaking through the invisible threshold.

"Pai shi ber vol si pysaer?" [Do we just ring the doorbell?]

"Mhm," Luna reached across Alice and pressed the glowing button.

An orchestral piece of O' Tannenbaum rung aloud.

Luna nearly jumped to her toes, giddy, while a smiling Alice bit her bottom lip at how adorable Luna acted and snuck in a caress just before the door to Number Twelve opened.

"Happy Christmas!" shouted Luna who abruptly realized she had shouted and responded with putting a finger over her lips.

Harry, who had opened the door, grinned and said, "Happy Christmas! Glad you two could make it!"

"I hope there's room for some apricot stuffing and Luna's best Christmas fruitcake," expressed a content Alice when Luna, who hurried in, was greeted with a hug from Harry.

"Go on in, go on in…," said Harry in happy haste, motioning onward with his hand. One could feel the warmth resonating inside. "Hermione and the others are waiting for you."

Alice stepped on up and greeted Harry with a, "Thank you for all of this. Luna is just ecstatic. She wanted to get here so bad she accidentally put her shirt on backwards."

Harry snickered smoothly, "Well, it wouldn't be the holidays without Luna and, now, with you. Come on in and welcome! How's it been going?"

Alice, in the middle of giving Harry an embrace, replied in a gracious grin, "It's going good, it's going good…"

***

Alice sat cross-legged on the sofa aside a roaring fireplace. A cup of eggnog in her hand, one could see the creamy liquid nearly finished through the transparent glass ornamented with little Santa Claus's. She mused over Luna, who sat on the floor, leaned against the one boot Alice had planted and watched the technological Muggle-gizmo given to her by Harry and Hermione: a cellular telephone. The Potter's, which Luna so dotted upon the two, had said at their gift-giving in the early hours of the Christmas party that the mobile would be, "a great asset to her business ventures. Muggle's use them to quickly communicate to their associates without the need for an owl or Floo."

"And, you can hold and press this button and instantly call the person you categorized for that same number," Alice reached across Luna's left shoulder to assist in her understanding the details.

Luna had the instruction booklets sprawled across the floor in front of her, a parade of English, French, German, and Japanese translation. She went to press one of the ten digits and gasped at the light coming on the panel, numbers across the screen. "Oh, that's a pretty blue light… Does it come with differently coloured lights? Can I choose another? You know how I love yellow."

Alice laughed and smiled when Luna gazed back at her, unknowing to what she just did in return. Alice didn't take control of the mobile, but ended the call Luna made by mistake. "You may have been calling India, love."

"Oh…," Luna dazedly slid her eyes back to the mobile to watch Alice cancel out the call. She then said, twisting around to see Alice once more, "But the light was very pretty…"

Alice, feeling the same sort of hair-raising goose pimples on her arms as when she saw Luna for the first time, leaned forward and caressed the Goldilock-golden curls upon Luna's head. As she found her sight again, having closed them shortly the exact moment she kissed her lover, her eyes went across the inviting room, to the low-volumed Quidditch game on the telly, to the enormous Christmas tree with white bulbs dazzling silver garland, a shining Angel at its peak, to…a pair of eyes in the corner. She suspected the same were keeping his stare. She'd felt the stare for a while, but merely kept the feeling at a distance, letting the holiday experience hold superior and her attention given to Luna, to the host and hostess.

Alice, not one to find shame, never once looked down. Her accuser, for the stare bore into her as if she were some strange entity having broken into his territory, didn't let up. Stubborn, nor did she. The fire flicked the white glint in her surreal irises, her lips stuck mingled in Luna's hair. From the shadow at the far end of the room a white cloak twisted outward, a white boot and dark leather glove shifted as the man did. Red hair plunged over a dam, a bandanna of sorts to keep the length from his face, and those defining eyes…

What drove Alice from her trance was the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen, and the appearance of a bowled-over Ginny joking with Cho.

"I've never understood her at all!"

"You don't understand Skeeter-she's just here to take up oxygen. She's a nut, a hag."

"Lovely moon goddess of mine," Alice expressed in whisper close to Luna's left ear. She glanced up in tandem to see the man in white gone from his corner.

It left distaste in her mouth; a distaste one would sense if they were to suckle a lemon whole.

Luna acknowledged her with a brief look, immersed completely in the new fangled object of curiosity. She really did love playing with the mobile and watching it light up at her touch.

With Luna like a kid in a sweets shop, Alice smiled. "I'm going to go get some more eggnog. Would you care for a refill while I'm in there?"

Luna shook her head, raised her left arm and grazed the side of Alice's cheek. All the while she was attentive to the light changing of the mobile. Alice pushed into Luna, kissing her ear, and said in whisper, "Just don't hit send. This green button here. We wouldn't want to wake some family up in Australia this time of day…"

Alice was up and around Luna before Gin and Cho could find their seats on the floor. Her feet hadn't hit the floor an inch in her haste. Giving small talk, Alice gave a grin as she wandered passed the two and into the kitchen. She was halted, however, by an intimate scene below strung mistletoe.

"Oh!" She hid her face with her hand. "I'm terribly sorry for interrupting!"

Harry chuckled to Hermione's jump, and then as the blush rose in her cheeks. Quickly, and with a furtive look towards Alice on her way by, Hermione smiled, tucked loose strands of hair behind her ear and greeted in, "Hi! Hope you're having a wonderful time!"

Harry let out another guffaw at the bashful Hermione, and then in tow, stopped to ask Alice, "Having a good time?"

"By the looks of it, you are."

Harry wiped his crow's nest from his forehead, sighed, and laughed quite audibly. "Love in action?"

Alice grinned, their distance growing as they stepped further apart in different directions. "You've a lovely home."

"Thank you."

Another grin between the pair, and then they broke off with Harry meeting back with Hermione in chase.

Stepping to the counter with food laid out buffet-style, Alice reached for the ladle in the eggnog and went to fill her cup. A cool breeze brushed against her, and a shadow crossed the otherwise brightly lit area adorned by hanging holiday decorations. The smell of peppermint liqueur encompassed a breath of white smoke. She stopped pouring the beige beverage and said calmly, "I knew you were there. No need for your theatrics."

"How'd you know I was here?"

"Were you not here when we came in? I swore Harry and Hermione introduced you as Ginevra's brother." Alice gave the Weasley a hasty look from her rightside, her eyes going back to her pouring. "And, if you're here to intimidate me you should know it won't be easy. Pack a lunch before you try. It'll be a very long night."

"Should there be a reason to intimidate you?"

"Do you treat all the newcomers the same way, or am I special?"

"Sorry if I come off brash, but…who the Hell are you and why are you with Luna?"

"Excuse me? I could say the same to you, but with more tact: who might you be and why are you associated with the Potters?"

"But, I asked you first. For being so intimate with Luna, I've never once seen a photograph of you in The Quibbler, or the Prophet for that matter."

"Do you think I care to answer anything at all after being so accosted?"

"…I'm just a concerned friend of the family."

"You're an agent for the British Ministry, an Auror. Better yet, I bet you've got strong ties with Harry, and especially Hermione with as many looks you've given her way this Eve. I bet she's your "project"-and by your vast array of looks I've hit the nail directly."

"Egads, you're an interesting one. You're acutely keen at deductions," Ron thought to delve into a lighter tone, tweaking the subject at hand. "You've an American accent."

"You speak the obvious." Alice shuffled down the buffet line to take a napkin. She retrieved gingerbread cookies, one for her and another for Luna.

Ron kept with her like a dog on a leash. "I never thought I'd find someone paler than Hermione."

"Weren't you abrasively cross-examining me or are you in here to fancy my physique?" Alice kept her eyes on what her hands were doing, only acknowledging Ron by sound.

"To get back on track I'd like to ask you a question."

"What's stopping you now?"

"Aelael?" [Elven?]," The language brought Alice to cease breathing. Ron knew he captured some rope to cling on to. "'By your vast array of looks I've hit the nail'. Is Luna your `proj--'?"

"She is not a `project'!" Alice seethed underneath her breath.

Ronald had to bob his head backward, taken by the physical snap of Alice.

"You're certainly not the same as those I've seen."

"'Those'?" Alice found disgust, finally turning to Ron with a sharpened bite and slits for eyes. "Typical crude Pure-blood response… I see the British Ministry still hasn't learned from the past."

"I only meant-nevermind," Ron roughly let out a sigh. "I never meant to confront you irrespectively."

"You know, not everyone is the same," Alice pointed at Ron with the gingerbread men in her hand, the cup of eggnog in the other as it sat still on the counter waiting to be picked up. "Couldn't that be said for humanity as well?"

"Touche, mate; though, you do come with the mystical aura. I wouldn't have noticed the slight point of the ears if I hadn't been trained to stave off Veelan emanation."

Alice stood with her hip at the counter; her boots like her lips, tightly together, providing Ronald the sentimentality of having been offended through body language atop the vocal. "Are you quite done with the interrogation?"

Alice started off, not giving Ron enough time to formulate an answer.

"I truly apologize," Ron called out to her, seeing only her backside and bouncy hair. The others would have heard him if it wasn't for a group laugh. Someone had changed the telly from Quidditch to a Christmas comedy show. "Luna always had an eye for those pure of heart."

Alice flipped around so fast Ron had thought she'd always been walking backwards; but, he knew this was one of her many innate "characteristics". Alice lifted her glass, as if to toast the Weasley's words, and stated in confirmation, "You should trust that bit of knowledge, friend. You see the rest of her company, what's different?"

***

Alice and Luna remained at the Christmas party long after Cho, Ron, and even Gin left. Having gotten into a riveting game of Wizard Chess, there wasn't one matter that would unseat neither Hermione nor Alice. After almost an hour, Alice admitted defeat when she could no longer hide her king, checkmated. All in good fun, all four enjoyed an extra-dose of eggnog which-when arriving back at their flat in London-saw a tipsy Lovegood.

Luna couldn't help but giggle at everything and anything, Alice finally giving in halfway upstairs at how daffy Luna had gone. She stumbled over her own feet, giggling with an intense "Whoa!" and hung onto Alice's arm as she had all along. Of course, Alice had her balanced, utterly aware of any misstep before Luna could fall on her face.

"You silly, silly girl…," Alice teased, watching Luna walk heel-to-toe into their apartment ever-so-slowly. Luna caught hold of their sofa to keep balance, giggling at nothing but herself. Alice shook her head, closing the door behind and seeing a haphazardly strewn stack of envelopes piled at the door, "You've no tolerance for alcohol. You're going to have the biggest headache come tomorrow morning."

Luna swirled around, and around, and around, laughing and then pointed at Alice as she grabbed the wall. She'd gone towards the hallway, "Then I'm…," She stopped to giggle at Alice organizing the envelopes in her hands. She hiccupped, and laughed again.

She suddenly stopped, making Alice peer intently up at the now silent flat.

"I'm," Luna announced loudly. "I'm going to bed!"

She burst out in giggles, shuffling onward with Alice gradually following her with an eye roll and a grin.

The grin subsided, however, when she tore open the first envelope with her nail addressed to Luna, and The Quibbler; one of many that could be considered top priority press just by the size and shape of the envelope. She absorbed the preface leading into details: "After news conference Friday afternoon throwing support behind Minister Kingsley, Epsilon was attacked exiting her Eve performance today in Mexico City; one guard dead from Killing Curse, Epsilon safe".

Alice could hear the water running, the shower on. She had stopped in the middle of their living area, contemplating the pros and cons of divulging this information, and whatever else hid in these envelopes, tonight. Luna had had one of her best nights, she thought as she looked off down the hallway. She never really had friends, and now she's invited to parties, balls, soirees, the theatre…and not from my interference. Luna was asked on her own terms, by her personality and conduct. This was all Luna.

But this news would spread if it hadn't already-and most likely it had. Alice flicked her head in the direction of their television, the box blank and noiseless as it sat idle. WNN would surely have this, and the other news applications, not to mention the Prophet…but tonight, Christmas Eve, and a very happy Luna…

Alice swore she'd tell Luna in the morning after much needed coffee for her lover's future hangover.

Nothing would spoil Luna's high spirits.

***

By the time Alice had gotten out of the bath, Luna had drifted to sleep. She was met, brushing her hair as she left a steamy lavatory, Luna wrapped in the white sheets below a canopy of leaves. Branches acting as four posts kept the hanging forest above them. In the quietness, Alice could hear the waterfalls churning in the office.

She smiled warmly at the scene. Luna, in her favorite crocheted psychedelic vintage sleep dress, her golden curls across her arms about the pillow beneath her head. To say she wasn't, or didn't resemble, innocence would be a lie. Anyone could see the halo above the canary yellow. Softly Alice slid into bed with her, keeping a light on to see. The moment her knee hit the side of the bed, the slightest movement had Luna blink and yawn. In slipped Alice beside her, and Luna immediately attached.

Her head to the black lace of Alice's nightgown, she dazed in and out of awareness, and slurred something to Alice which had Alice ask, "…What was that, dear?"

After a bit of silence, Luna put forth a question so unlike herself, "…Do you believe what I do is for the best, Allie?"

Alice wrought with a smidgen of shock. It surely wasn't in the norm for Luna to doubt herself. It's not like this was commonplace, a rarity, but she'd had such a great night… It baffled Alice, and she even gave a sigh before stating with passion, "My lovely moon goddess, you're doing something so profoundly special that it is simply beyond words. You've shown hundreds of thousands of those who follow what you say the truth. Without you, there'd be only one monopolistic, evil voice. You've brought light to the people."

Luna, with heavy eyes, smiled through her sleep and crawled the inch or two to lay a kiss upon Alice's lips. She smiled with Alice, and turned to retreat to her bosom and the heat emanating from within the sheets. Alice watched Luna about her, her cheek upon her breast, the sheets hiding her lover to her nostrils and smiled so greatly she could have easily broken her perfectly sculpted face.

She carefully reached across the bed, took hold of the pull string for the lamp, and clicked the last light off.

***

{Author's Note: Dear readers, please be aware that my updates are slowing down due to the holidays. I work in retail and the past two months have been, more or less, about Black Friday. After the holidays, I hope to get back to updating regularly weekly or biweekly.}

-->