Unofficial Portkey Archive

Love For Ever by rockstar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Love For Ever

rockstar

Author's note: - Apologizing in advance for spelling and grammar mistakes.

Disclaimer: - I do not own Harry Potter and anyone or anything related.

------------------------------------

Jealousy and Confused Feelings

It was close to the end of November. Harry had started training to prepare for the final battle against Voldemort and only Ron and Hermione knew about this. Mentally Harry had been preparing himself for this, since the day Dumbledore had told him about the prophecy. He still remembered the words of prophecy very clearly in his head,

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches ... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies ... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not ... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives ... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies"

When he told Ron and Hermione about this, they were shocked. Harry was afraid that they would abandon him. However, they stood by him, and Hermione even threatened him that if he tried to abandon them to protect them, she would hex him to the next millennium and Harry didn't want to argue with her about it as his heart wanted them to stay with him, especially her.

For the first time in his life, Harry started to believe that he could win the war and have a normal life he had always wanted with Ron and Hermione. They were helping him in every possible way they could with his training. He just didn't have words important enough to tell them that how much all this meant to him. However, he didn't have to, as they already knew that.

In the midst of the training, homework, and Quidditch, days were becoming very hectic for Harry. Days were passing in a blur for him. He had not found a proper chance to ask Ginny out yet. Though he got plenty of time to spend with her during practice, he just couldn't bring himself to ask her out.

Whenever he would try to approach her, something would hold him back. He wasn't sure if it was only because of his nervousness.

However, he still couldn't ask her. Sometimes he would get a feeling of despair so intense that it would actually hurt him physically.

He was becoming increasingly frustrated with all this. He also avoided the talk about Ginny with Hermione, so that she wouldn't berate him about not asking Ginny out yet.

-----------------------------------------

School had entered the second week of December. It was Monday. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were having the breakfast with rest of the students in the Great Hall. Ron and Harry were sitting next to each other and Hermione was sitting in front of Harry.

While talking to Ron, Harry saw Ginny entering the Great hall with a bloke, he remembered, played for Ravenclaw team as one of the two beaters. He and Ginny were walking very closely and were whispering about something. They separated as they reached to where the trio were sitting. Ginny kissed the boy on the cheek and then he left to sit on his table.

What Harry felt strange was that he didn't feel anything watching the exchange between Ginny and that bloke, especially jealousy. He was surprised by this revelation.

'Why didn't I feel jealous, after all I want to ask her out? Didn't I?' he mused.

"So what was that all about?" Ron asked Ginny getting into his big brother mode.

"What?" Ginny asked frustratingly, sitting on an empty seat next to Hermione and in front of her brother.

"You exactly know what I am talking about. What were you doing with that Ravenclaw?" Ron asked angrily.

"It's none of your business what I do. And for your information I am going out WITH HIM," she said putting extra emphasis on 'with him', "to Hogsmeade this weekend." She said casting a quick glance at Harry and holding his stare for a moment, before turning back towards her brother.

'Was she trying to make me jealous?' Harry contemplated. He was again lost in his own thoughts so he missed the scolding look Hermione was giving him.

Hermione was going through her own chain of thoughts to listen rest of the argument between Ron and Ginny.

'Why hadn't Harry asked Ginny out? Honestly what is he playing at?' She looked at Harry. He was lost in his own thoughts. Suddenly he looked up and met her eyes. Hermione just gave him one last glare and looked away.

'Wasn't this the reason we broke up or was he just using Ginny as an excuse to get rid of me?' Hermione felt horrible as this thought passed through her mind.

"No. Harry's not like that. He wouldn't do this to me." She muttered under her breath.

"What? Did you say something?" Harry asked looking at her.

"Erm… Yeah, it's almost time for the classes to start. I think we should better move on." Hermione said getting up from the table. Ron and Harry followed and three of them left for the classes, leaving Ginny sitting alone.

Harry was trying very hard to find the reason for why he didn't feel anything towards the fact that Ginny going out with someone else. However, he was not successful. To his relief Hermione didn't ask him anything about this.

--------------------------------------

It was Wednesday of the same week. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were going in the Great Hall for dinner when Terry Boot, a seventh year Ravenclaw and the head boy, called Hermione's name. He was just behind them.

"Hermione," He called.

They just stopped as Hermione turned around to reply.

"Oh Terry, it's you. What is it?" She asked politely.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, alone?" He asked casting nervous glances towards Ron and Harry.

"Err ... yeah, sure." Hermione said, "I'll be back in a minute." She said to Ron and Harry.

Terry led Hermione a bit away from where Ron and Harry were standing. Harry was watching them conversing. Terry was trying to get closer to Hermione. Harry clenched his fist in anger.

'What does that git think, he is doing? Trying to get near her,' He thought heatedly.

Harry just wanted to punch the daylights out of that git. He was trying very hard to suppress his anger. He knew Hermione would not be very happy if he punched the head boy.

After conversing for a couple of minutes with Terry, Hermione came back to them.

"Let's go inside," She said, and they made their way inside the Great Hall.

"So what did Terry want?" Harry asked trying to sound nonchalant as they sat to eat.

"He asked me out on a date to Hogsmeade this weekend." Hermione replied dispassionately.

"He did what?" Harry almost shouted.

Everyone on the table sitting near them looked at Harry. He turned red out of embarrassment.

"Sorry," He said in a quiet voice, "So what did you say?" Harry asked in a voice that sounded like he was trying to be patient.

Hermione just shrugged. "I just told him that I'll think".

"Why?" Harry said, "Aren't you going to spend your time with us? I mean me; you know Ron and Luna will spend time together. I'll be on my own for the whole day."

"Harry, I haven't said him yes yet." Hermione replied patiently.

"Fine, do as you wish." Harry said a bit angrily and got up to leave the hall, leaving a shocked Hermione and Ron behind. Ron was first to recover.

"I'll go and talk to him." Ron said dolefully, looking at his untouched food. Hermione simply nodded, recovering from her shock. Ron got up and followed Harry out.

"Harry," Ron called trying to catch up with him. He just grabbed his hand to stop him going any further.

"What was all that back in the Great Hall?" Ron asked in a demanding tone.

"What?" Harry said trying to sound innocent.

"You very well know what. What was wrong with you? You were behaving as though…." Ron just stopped to think and then said, "as if you were jealous."

"I was not jealous." Harry said irately, "I was just upset that she would even think about spending her time with Terry rather than me."

His shoulder slumped a bit, "I don't know what's wrong with me. I mean I want to be with Ginny, but I don't feel any jealousy when she is going out with someone else. And Hermione, Terry asked her out and my blood started boiling. I wanted nothing more than to turn that Terry into a rat or perhaps a slug would be more fitting." He finished with a chuckle.

Harry looked at Ron who was smiling at him with a knowing look.

"What?" Harry asked looking suspicious.

"Don't you know what's happening with you?" Ron asked.

"No, I am just damn confused." Harry replied with a sigh.

"I just hope you would figure it out soon. It's not my place to tell you about it. It should be done by you only." Ron said in a comforting voice.

"I think you are right." Harry said, as he started moving again.

"Where are you going?" Ron asked looking puzzled.

"I just remembered something about an unfinished business of mine. I will meet you later in the common room." Harry said.

"Okay, I'll just go and finish my dinner then." Ron said.

Harry nodded and started to move when Ron spoke again.

"Harry," He called.

"Yeah," Harry said turning around to look at his best friend.

"Don't turn Terry into a slug. Thinking about it makes me feel like I am going to vomit another slug out of my mouth." Ron said with a shudder, remembering his second year.

Harry just laughed at his friend's reaction. "Sure, Ron," He said.

After that, they both made their way to their respective destinations.

--------------------------------------

Harry made his way towards the common room and went straight to the seventh year boys' dormitory. He opened his trunk and took Marauder's map out. He checked the map and found the person he was looking for. He was making his way towards the library. Harry decided to corner him there and make sure the person listened to what he had to say.

Harry left the tower and made his way towards the library. There he found Terry boot talking with a girl. Harry was feeling confused about his feelings and he didn't know why he was doing this. He knew Hermione would go mad if she found out, but he just couldn't help it out. He just had to do it.

------------------------------------------

On Friday

Two days later Hermione found that Terry Boot was going to Hogsmeade with another seventh year Ravenclaw, Lisa Belluci.

"I just don't believe it. That git, first he asks me out and then without waiting for my answer he goes ahead and asks another. What a two time prat." Hermione said angrily.

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting in the Gryffindor common room trying to do their homework, mostly on the part of Hermione of course.

"But you already said that you would have said no." Ron said feeling confused.

"So what? It doesn't give him the right to do this. He should have at least showed the decency to tell me. It doesn't do much good to a girl's self esteem." Hermione said fuming.

"Don't worry Hermione. Like you said, he's a git. He doesn't deserve you. We will go together and have lots of fun. I promise you will have a great day." Harry said grinning at Hermione. Ron gave Harry a suspicious look, but Harry ignored him and focused on Hermione. Hermione didn't notice it though.

"I like that idea. But what about Ginny?" She asked skeptically.

Harry just shrugged "What about her? She is already going to the Hogsmeade with another guy. So it would be just you and me, like always." He said the last part grinning at his female best friend, "Later we can join Ron and Luna at three broomsticks." He finished.

"Yeah, it's a good idea actually. Luna and I will meet you there at 12. Then we can walk back to the castle together." Ron said excitedly.

"Well, who am I to say no to it then." Hermione said, "It sounds fun to me. I am all up for spending my whole day with you Mr. Potter." She added cheekily and grinned at her best friend.

"It would be my pleasure Lady Hermione to escort you to Hogsmeade." Harry replied in mock courteous tone, and next moment three of them started laughing forgetting all about completing their homework.

--------------------------------------

Author's Note: - I hope you like it. Please Read and Review.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->