Unofficial Portkey Archive

Depression by padfoot_puppyeyes
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Depression

padfoot_puppyeyes

Padfoot's P.O.V.

A.N. Please have patience with me. It's my first fanfic, and I'm working on publishing my own book. And this is just a prologue, my chapters will be much longer and much more interesting, but you have to read the prologue to understand the story. Please r/r, even if you don't like it. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong or right. Oh yea, and me no own Harry potter. That's all J.K.'s brilliant mind!*

" There she is, Jamsie!" Sirius Black howled with glee to his best friend, James Potter. The scowl on James's face at his childhood nickname quickly turned into a smile as he watched Lily Evans enter the Great Hall, red hair pulled back away from her face and out of her startlingly green eyes. Those eyes quickly sent James an icy glare, sending the other Marauders, including Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and Sirius Black into fits of laughter, along with the rest of the hall. She walked confidently towards James, her stride only increasing when she reached him, and passed him without a second glance. James, ever patient and persistent, only followed Lily to the Gryffindor table and sank next to her on the bench. He had the same confident smirk in place, and everyone knew what he was about to do.

" Why does he bother?" Remus muttered to Sirius, shaking his head as they followed James to their house table. "Every time, for the last two bloody years, he's asked her!" He didn't need to say anymore, everyone knew the ending, as many were asking themselves the same question. No one but James really knew why so he spent so much thought or wasted so much time on Lily, not even Lily.

" Hey, Evans." James began smoothly, eyes on Lily as she ate.

" Is something bothering you, Potter?" Lily replied coldly. Her friend, Michelle, took out apiece of parchment labeled `timed James asked Lils out', and started counting up the many tallies after adding another one. She must have been keeping track since their fifth year, and, seeing as there where well over one hundred little marks on the parchment, had been almost exact.

" There's a Hogsmade visit planned this weekend. First visit of the last year."

" I would know, Potter." Lily smirked. "I am the one who arranged it. And before you can ask, no, I'm not going with you."

"That was a little cold, don't you agree?" James asked lightly, but the laughter seemed to have left his eyes, and his face had fallen slightly at her reply.

"No." Came Lily's simple reply. No one really understands what happened next, or what it was that finally pushed James over the edge. But he too had his limits, and he was well past them.

" You know what, Lily? Fine! I GIVE UP! Is that what you wanted to hear? Is that what you where hoping for?" James yelled. The great hall went silent, now devoid of laughter, and replaced with fear. Dumbledore shook his head sadly, the light strangely absent from his eyes. Sirius had to agree with the old man, it wasn't like James to quit on anything. Without another word, James left the Great Hall, his portion of breakfast untouched. Grabbing Sirius by the neck of his robes, and ignoring his best friend's protests, he was clearly ignoring the many calls of "Oh, he'll be back, give him a week." And Peter Pettigrew's "Oh, a week? Two days tops!" But somehow, Sirius knew that James wasn't asking that same question anymore. Knowing he wouldn't be able to properly sleep, study, or (most importantly, in his opinion,) eat until

his best friend and lily Evans where together, Sirius Black swore upon the Marauder's Map that he would do all it took to bring back the peace.