Unofficial Portkey Archive

Musings by Golasgil Sindar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Musings

Golasgil Sindar

This was in response to the Holiday Challenge found here.

http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=4622

Mistletoe, Fred and George style…


Ron sat in his bed with the curtains drawn. The package had arrived at this morning's owl post. Fred and George had come through at last.


Bro,
Please be careful with this, there are several very strong charms involved. It will only work on Hermione, per your request. Simply place this over her head and she will be trapped by it. Only a kiss from her true love, surely that's you Bro, will release her. While trapped she will be under a full body bind, note that's body only, her head will still be able to move. Also a silence charm so this can be kept semi private if you choose.

Good luck and enjoy.

Gred and Forge
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes

This couldn't be more perfect, now where to declare his love for her, common room or the Great Hall? Both had their merits but the Great Hall during dinner seemed to be the best time. Everyone would be there, he would have to act quickly though or a teacher would interfere and free Hermione before he could. He stuck the box containing the enchanted mistletoe into his school bag and hurried off to class.

*** ***

Ron was already sitting at the table when Harry and Hermione came in to eat, they were laughing over something. They thought they were so smart, well I'll show them. They sat down on the opposite side of the table from him; it had been ages since Hermione had sat next to him. That was going to change after tonight, no doubt about it. The three of them sat and ate, when Hermione stood to leave Ron leapt to his feet and on top of the table, holding the enchanted mistletoe over her.

She froze in place as everyone in the hall turned to see what Ron was doing on the table. Before anyone could act he jumped off the table and planted a wet kiss on Hermione's stunned lips. Nothing happened…

"Ron! What are you doing?" He heard Harry cry out. Ron found himself violently pulled away from Hermione and thrown to the ground. Harry stood in his place holding Hermione by the upper arms, trying to talk to her. She was obviously screaming something at the top of her lungs. Suddenly Fred's voice rang out into the stunned silence of the hall.


"Greetings all, sorry to disturb dinner but apparently something has gone wrong."
"What my brother is trying to say is you shouldn't be hearing us if it all worked as planned."
"Right bro, oh I see the problem!"
"Oh, wrong bloke there yep I see it too."
"Well only one way to fix this."
"Yep he has to kiss her."
"Oy what a shocker that."


Hermione could clearly hear what the twins were saying though she couldn't respond. She looked at Harry pleading for him to somehow end this, tears streaming down her cheeks.


"Before we tell you how to end this let us explain what should have happened."
"This is a demonstration of a new product, only ten galleons mind you."
"Simply place the mistletoe over your true-love's head and they will be immobilized until kissed by the person that they love."
"Should they not be in love with anyone at that time the mistletoe will fall to the ground, its charms unable to act."
"So, "
"Hangon there,"
"Oh drats, were ending now."
"Come see us in Hogsmeade, just opened our first branch there for your pranking pleasure."

Everyone was suddenly aware that Harry had been kissing Hermione for quite some time now, she was obviously able to move again as her arms were around his neck, pulling him closer to her. His arms were wrapped protectively around her, crushing her against himself. Quiet clapping was suddenly heard; when everyone turned to see who was clapping it was Professor Dumbledore, twinkle in his eye he was smiling broadly. Professor McGonagall joined in immediately as did most of the teachers. The entire Gryffindor table erupted with applause, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff quickly joined in. Oblivious to the cheering around them Harry and Hermione continued their open display of their love.

The mistletoe suddenly burst into a heart shape, white sparks shooting around the room.

Lost in the cheering Ron scampered out of the great hall, followed quietly by a lost looking Ravenclaw girl with bottlecaps dangling from her ears. Ron ran outside and towards the lake. When Luna finally found him he was out in the water yelling for the giant squid to come eat him. "Really Ronald, that's not a proper way to kill yourself?"

He stopped his splashing and turned to her. "What, how should I do it then?"

She walked casually into the lake and out to his side. She looked over his shoulder then dreamily, as though talking to a ghost standing behind him she spoke. "Did you really expect her to love you and not Harry? She has been in love with him for a long time now, just as I have loved you. It's really easy for one who is in love to see it."

"Huh?"

"Really Ronald you will need to work harder on the brain to mouth connection if we are to hold an intelligent conversation."

"Huh?"

"Oh bother." She stretched up and kissed him firmly on the lips. She continued to kiss him until he finally responded and kissed her back.

When they finally pulled apart, "oh."

"Ronald?"

"Huh?"

"Please try to use words in a sentence; it's much better for communication."

"Let's go inside I'm freezing."

"Much better Ronald, you made an excellent sentence there."

Arms around each others waists they quickly walked back towards the castle.


______________________________________________________________

A/N: Hmmm well there, plot bunny is done with me and off to someone else. Enjoy,

Gol