Unofficial Portkey Archive

Musings by Golasgil Sindar
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Musings

Golasgil Sindar

Response to a Challenge found here.

http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=3009

Handcuffs

Fred and George were huddled in the corner discussing something intently then suddenly Fred turned to Harry. "Harry we have something for you"

"Yeah Fred and I think this will be the answer to your umm"

"Problem." Fred finished for his brother

"Yeah Ronniekins has told us what your going thru and we"

"Decided we had to help" Finished Fred again

Thank god we were alone in the changing room after quidditch practice. Then again knowing Fred and George they had probably planned this meticulously to begin with. "Guys I really hope you are talking about Hermione"

George brought a fancy box out of his quidditch bag. It was very flat and elaborately carved. "Yep mate thats the rub aint it" He said offering the box to Harry. Harry took it and carefully opened it. There sitting on a velvet cussion like some bizarre piece of jewelry was a pair of handcuffs.

"Woah guys I don't think I should try bondage on Hermione, were not even dating yet?"

The twins shared a glance and smiled mischeviously back to Harry. "Well this is something special" Fred began

"We have had them for ages and couldn't figure out how to use them. See watch" George picked up the cuffs and tried to put them on. They refused to latch onto his wrist.

"Now we pondered this for ages and finally found a reference in the restricted section that we think matches these."

"OK you and Hermione are the only students staying over Christmas break right?" Fred asked

"Yes, and I am determined to tell her I love her on Christmas day and convince her that im telling the truth." Harry admitted

"Great, these should convince even her" George began

"These handcuffs will only work on people who are in love" Fred finally explained

"They won't come off until both people admit that they love each other." George concluded.

"Wow guys this sounds perfect, umm any ideas on how to get it on her?"

The twins pondered this question for a minute then Fred spoke up. "Yeah mate we have two ideas for you on that."

"One Put one end on your left wrist first then you start tickling her and during that you slap it on her left wrist. Once on she's stuck with you until she admits her feelings to you." George explained cheerfully

"Or two you challenge her. After you tell her if she goes into denial then tell her that you dare her to wear the other end of this. Since it will only go on someone who is in love you can safely put it on yourself. Then put it on in front of her and offer the other end to her." Fred mentioned thoughtfully

Hmmm Harry said. "So let me get this right. These handcuffs are magicked to only be usable on someone who is in love, and then only on the one they are in love with. Once on they will not open until both confess their love. In the meantime we will have to do everything together."

"Yep thats it" George acknowleged and Fred nodded

Harry was very nervious. What if the twins were lying? What if this was some big practical joke of theirs? He shuddered to think they were playing a joke on him. Harry once again held up the magical handcuffs. There was no hole for a key and so there must be a magical method to remove them. But he was despirate to make her understand. "OK guys I will do it, but if your lying and Hermione ends up hating me I swear I will kill you both"

"Harry! When have we ever played a practical joke on our financial backer?"

"Yeah mate this is serious stuff, were not joking"

"Were trying to help, George and I will give you back all the money you gave us and giveup the jokeshop if were lying" Fred swore solemly

"Ok guys I believe you"

Fred and George looked relieved. "OK mate we'll see you at the feast tonight and good luck tomorrow." With that they turned and grabbed their bags and walked out of the changing room.

Tonight was the feast before everyone left first thing in the morning. Harry put the handcuffs back into their box and placed it in his bag, making sure it was on the bottom. He hurried after the twins.

The next morning was a blur to Harry. With everyone leaving just after breakfast, everyone saying their goodbyes and trying to remember that last minute thing to take with them. After they had all left Harry and Hermione were alone in the Gryffindor common room.

Hermione had curled up on the couch in front of the fire, reading of course, and Harry sat beside her polishing his Firebolt. They sat like that for perhaps half an hour. A peaceful comfort seemed to surround them. Then when Harry was putting his broomstick polishing kit away in his quidditch bag, he noticed Hermione had fallen asleep. This was the perfect opportunity. He couldn't let this pass.

He pulled out the box with the handcuffs in it. Opened it as quitely as he could. Taking the cuffs out he noticed that the cuffs were warm from being in his bag in front of the fire for an hour.

"Well now we see if im an Idiot or not" Harry thought. He held one end of the handcuffs to his left wrist and with a soft click they went onto it. Hermione's book had nearly fallen onto the floor. Harry stood slowly and took the book before it fell. Hermione looked so perfect laying there sleeping. He couldn't believe he was really going to do this, but It needed doing. She was just too stubborn. He knealt in front of her and held the other end of the handcuffs over her left wrist. "I love you Hermione" He spoke quietly as he lowered the handcuffs. With another soft click the other end went around her small wrist.

Strangely Hermione was not awoken by this. He carefully took her left hand with his and slid onto the couch so He was now holding her as she slept. A minute later he was asleep, the woman he loved cradled in his arms, his head resting on her shoulder.

Hermione woke from the best dream ever. She had dreamt that Harry had told her he loved her and given her a bracelet for Christmas. The first thing she noticed was that Harry was wraped around her sleeping. This gave her a warm fuzzy feeling like she had just eaten some fresh warm pumpkin pie. Then she noticed the handcuffs on their left wrists. "Harry what have you done!" she thought.

"Harry? Wake up. Harry!" she nudged him with her shoulder.

Harry woke with a start and immediately sat bolt upright. Hermione's left arm was wrenched after his as he did this. She quickly grabbed his arm with her left hand so the handcuffs didnt bite into her wrist.

"Harry what have you done?" She asked, a frightend expression on her face.

Harry stood carefully, he grasped her left hand again with his, and faced her on the couch. He knealt in front of her and thought a minute then looked her in the eyes and answered. "I LOVE YOU! Hermione Granger and these handcuffs wont come off until you admit that you love me."

"OH Harry how could you love a bookworm like me? Im not even pretty?" Hermione spoke, shame evident in her voice

"Hermione you are my angel, you are the smartest and most beautiful woman I have ever met!" Harry used his right hand to grab her chin and lift her head back up so her eyes met his once again. "Again I say I LOVE YOU Hermione!, Can you deny this?" and with that Harry kissed her.

Hermione went stiff in shock for a moment. Harry was kissing her! She then responded to the kiss, grabbing the back of his head with her right hand she held him close to her and kissed him back. For a minute they kissed, matching passion for passion. When at last they stopped gasping for breath Hermione spoke. "I love you to Harry Potter!"

Harry quickly began kissing her again, barely giving them time to breath. He pressed her back onto the couch and snuggled in along side her. They lay on the couch kissing and hugging for what seemed like ages. Harry once again broke away and said "Happy Christmas Mione my Love"

"Happy Christmas Harry" she replied.

The handcuffs lay gleaming in the firelight, forgotten on the floor

FINIS

Well there you have it. I just couldnt bring myself to have them fight. I think Hermione trusts Harry enough to ask him about anything before she gets irate.

Gol.