Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's All That by harryherm84
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's All That

harryherm84

A/N: This chapter is pure Harry/Hermione fluff! Some people have asked, where is the action? Well the drama is coming, I promise! So for anyone who is wondering when Hermione will tell Harry about her parents; that's coming up in the next few chapters! I know everyone is anticipating that scene and also when Hermione finds out about the bet. That's going to be a little bit later, but not too long. Just hold out, I have to make Hermione and Harry's relationship progress a little bit more.

Jack Ryan: I honestly don't really know if that is how a Ladies night goes, I kinda made it up. I know it was a bit cliché, but I haven't been to many nights like that, so I just winged it. Hope it was ok!

I want to thank all my reviewers! And I look forward to your comments! And remember, they're always welcome!

Just so everyone knows, I am going to start picking up the pace on this story. If you haven't noticed, they are really only into their third week and if I went this pace the entire length of the story it would be too long, so weeks are going to go by from now on, rather than days!

Disclaimer: The usual goes here! You fill in the blanks!

Hermione's All That

Underneath the Stars

Hermione filtered through her books lying on top of the table in the library. She had a ton of homework to finish and it was already late into the afternoon.

Pulling out her Arthimancy book, she flipped to the last chapter they had finished in class and began reading. It didn't take her long to complete the assignment.

Taking a minute, she stretched her arms. She was tired. She hadn't slept much in a few days, her mind was elsewhere, not to mention NEWTs were this year, and she felt she still had a load of studying left to do.

Her head turned to gaze out the window which overlooked the Quidditch pitch. She could see the faint outline of several players zooming around the field on their Cleansweeps or Firebolts.

She knew Harry was out there, but she couldn't make out which one he was. Her thoughts drifted to the boy-who-lived and a smile graced her lips.

Harry seemed to be the one who distracted her so much these days. Unintentionally of course; he had no idea Hermione thought about him twice as much as her school work, which was saying a lot.

He was still charming and continued to be the kind, gentlemen she never really knew of him. They had a connection and she felt it; felt it strongly.

Whenever he gave her a smile at breakfast, it seemed as if her day went just a little bit better. She loved the notion that he was sleeping right next door. Sometimes she would even wish she could walk over to his room, curl up with him in bed, and sleep the night away.

She loved the way he made her feel. She often wondered whether or not Harry liked her as a girlfriend or liked her as a friend. She hoped it was the former. She thought maybe it would happen because of the kiss and the two almost-kisses, but Harry hadn't mentioned either one, and Hermione couldn't bring herself to say anything on the subject either. Maybe he just wants to forget about it. Yeah, but why would he try to kiss me twice after the first kiss? He wouldn't if he wasn't interested at all. Well, why won't he mention it?

These thoughts plagued her mind everyday since the "incidents". She just couldn't figure out what was going on between them. She didn't want to push it though. This was already much more than she had expected, and she didn't want to mess up something that was already going great. Why fix something that wasn't broken?

"Hermione," someone called and she turned to see who said her name. Standing in front of her was the person who had occupied her thoughts.

"Harry?" Hermione questioned. She turned to look outside and noticed that there weren't any figures flying around the pitch; it was vacant. She turned back to Harry. "I swear, just a minute ago you were outside playing Quidditch," Hermione told him.

Harry raised an eyebrow at her and said, "Hermione, practice was over about twenty minutes ago."

How long was I sitting here? I couldn't have been lost in my thoughts for that long. "Hermione, is something wrong?" Harry asked, concerned.

Hermione shook her head for a moment, trying to clear her thoughts. "Uh, no. I guess I just lost track of time."

Harry looked down at her and smiled. "Well, I wanted to tell you that Astronomy is cancelled tonight."

"Oh, ok, thanks for letting me know," Hermione replied. She began stacking her books up. She looked at her watch and realized that it was almost dinner. "Well, I guess I better go, it's almost dinner."

"Well, I'll walk you because there was something I wanted to ask you," Harry said. Hermione nodded and made a move to grab her books, but Harry beat her to them. "Here, let me."

"Harry, I'm perfectly capable of carrying my own books," Hermione told him as she threw her bag over her shoulder, and they started walking toward the door.

Harry turned to her as he pulled the door open, letting Hermione go through first. "I know you are, but I can be nice can't I?"

Hermione gave him a look and smiled. "Of course you can. So what is this you wanted to ask me?" Hermione said, turning toward him. "If you're asking me if we don't have to tutor tonight because we don't have class, I was going to tell you that we don't have to. That way you can have the night free."

Harry smiled. "No, well thanks, but that wasn't what I was going to ask you. I actually wanted to know if you were up to that flying lesson I promised you?" Harry asked. They reached Hermione's room and she opened the door. They both walked in and Hermione laid her bag on the ground and Harry set her books on her desk.

She turned to him and crossed her arms over her chest. "Harry, I really don't think so."

"What? Why not?" Harry inquired.

"You know I don't like flying," Hermione started to say but Harry interrupted.

"I know you don't, that's why you have to fly with me," Harry told her. He walked closer to her with pleading eyes.

"Harry, I really don't think…" Hermione said and Harry interrupted again.

"Please Hermione, for me?" Harry said as he stuck out his bottom lip.

Hermione smiled, thinking he looked like a lost puppy. How can I resist that face? He is good at this. He has the power to make anyone do anything if he just gave them that look. "Oh, alright," Hermione agreed.

The face vanished quickly as Harry grinned. "Great," he said clapping his hands together. They turned and started toward the Great Hall.

"Harry, it's Tuesday. Don't the Slytherin's usually have the pitch after dinner on Tuesdays? Hermione asked.

"Yeah, but I got it covered. I'll knock on your door at eleven, ok?" Harry said as he smiled to a group of first years as they stared up in awe of him. Hermione could hear them giggle as they passed.

"Eleven? Harry we aren't supposed to be out past twelve. How are we going to do this without getting caught?" Hermione said.

"Just trust me ok," Harry said as he turned to her. He smiled, and then pulled open the door, walking over to take a seat with his friends. Hermione watched as they greeted him. I trust you Harry, and I think that's what scares me the most.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hermione paced her room; wringing her hands together. Why did I agree to do this? Because Harry asked you! But why do I have to be so weak around him? Because it's Harry Bloody Potter!

She groaned in frustration. She hoped Harry would hurry and get here before she was consumed by her thoughts.

She looked over at the clock. "11:05! Harry where are you?" she asked aloud and if answering her call, there was a knock at her door.

Making her way quickly to the door, Hermione snapped it open. Harry stood there grinning with a cloak in one hand and his broomstick in another. "Hey, ready to go?" Harry asked.

Hermione stood there for a minute. "How are we going to do this without being seen?" she inquired as she wrapped her cloak around her body.

"With this," Harry simply said. He motioned to the cloak in his hands and Hermione raised her eyebrow.

"A cloak, Harry?" Hermione asked, confused. Before she could say anything else Harry unfolded it and threw it over his body. Hermione watched, stunned, as Harry's entire body, besides his head, disappeared.

Hermione couldn't help but let her jaw hit the floor. She stood there gaping at him for a minute. She was astonished. She had heard about invisibility cloaks, but she knew they were very rare and hard to come by. But of course, the famous Harry Potter would have one.

Harry smiled at her and said, "See, I told you to trust me."

Hermione smiled back; finally able to regain her speaking ability. "Wow, Harry. How did you ever get one of these?" she asked, her curiosity getting the best of her.

"It was my dad's," Harry replied. Hermione grinned in understanding and stepped into the hall. Closing her door behind her, they made their way down to the common room.

Before going out, Harry stopped for a moment. "Well, since I have to hold this up over the both of us, it will be hard for me to carry my firebolt. You don't happen to know a spell that will shrink it, do you?" Harry asked.

Hermione smiled. "Of course," she said as she pulled out her wand and muttered, "Reducio!" The broom shrunk so it could easily fit into Harry's pocket. He stuffed it inside.

"I shouldn't have even asked," Harry said as he pulled open the door leading out into the corridor.

Hermione blushed at his comment and followed him into the hall. "Ok, just make sure to stay under the cloak and no one can see us," Harry told her. Hermione nodded, and he draped the cloak over the both of them.

They walked down the halls and rounded the corner and Harry stopped abruptly, causing Hermione to run into him a bit. "Harry? What?" Hermione asked quietly.

He didn't say anything, but pointed down the hall. She stepped around him and looked. Standing in the middle of the corridor was Neville. He was muttering to himself again and clutching a flask.

"That's Neville! What is he doing?" Hermione asked and Harry shrugged.

"Who knows, but we need to get going," Harry replied. Hermione nodded and they passed by the hall quietly, hoping Neville didn't see anything. Hermione kept her eyes trained on Neville the entire time. What is he up to? Why is he out this late? Hermione decided not to let her thoughts bother her and focus on keeping up with Harry.

Hermione walked in tune to Harry's steps, trying to be as quiet as possible. They were almost to the front doors when they heard a loud screech coming from behind them.

Hermione jumped a bit and grabbed onto Harry's arm. They swung around and at the end of the hall was Mrs. Norris.

"Damn," Hermione heard Harry mutter. "If Mrs. Norris is near, that means Mr. Filch can't be far."

"So what do we do?" Hermione whispered to him.

"Just be quiet and don't," Harry started to say, but he didn't finish his sentence. Instead he grabbed Hermione and pushed her up against the wall. Hermione was about to ask what when she heard the distinctive sound of Mr. Filch.

"What is it Mrs. Norris? Students out of bed?" Mr. Filch said from down the hall. He held up a lantern as he walked down the hall, coming closer to them.

Please don't let him find us! Please don't let him find us! Hermione chanted in her head. Her face was looking right into Harry's chest. She could feel his hands on the sides of her arms. She was so close to him she could smell the scent of aftershave and she unconsciously breathed it in.

She loved his smell; she couldn't get enough of him. She had the remarkable urge to lean up, grab him by the collar, and kiss him senseless. She smiled at her thoughts and told herself to stop thinking like that. Now is not the time Hermione. You have more important things to do like worrying about Mr. Filch catching you and being expelled.

She felt Harry tense a bit and he moved his hands to her waist. Holding her tight, he pushed her further into the wall. Anymore further Harry and I will be permanently embedded into the wall. But hey, I don't care as long as you keep holding me like this!

She peeked around the side of Harry to see Mr. Filch only a mere three feet away from where they stood. Her eyes widened as she saw him shine the lantern in their direction. She turned her head away and closed her eyes. Even though knowing that wouldn't help, it was a natural reaction.

She felt the light on her for a few more seconds then she heard footsteps retreating. "It's alright Hermione. He's gone now," Harry told her. She turned her head to look at him and he smiled.

He moved away from her so she wasn't smashed against the wall and she immediately wanted him closer.

"Alright, the coast is clear. Let's go," Harry said as they made their way to the front doors. Harry pulled them open and they walked out. Once outside, Harry ushered them to the Quidditch Pitch.

Once there, Harry shed the cloak. "Ok, I think we're good. No one should see us out here and if they do, I still have the cloak."

"Alright," Hermione said. Harry smiled and laid the cloak on the ground. He pulled out the broom from his pocket and looked to Hermione.

Hermione shook her head a bit at him and pulled out her wand. The broom returned to its original size.

Harry straddled it and said, "Come on!"

Hermione shook her head. "Maybe I shouldn't, really."

"You said you would! I promise you'll love it!" Harry encouraged.

"What if I fall?" Hermione asked and Harry gave her a serious expression. His eyes seemed to twinkle a bit at her.

"Hermione, do you really think I would let you fall?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"No, I know you wouldn't," she told him.

"Well then, what are you waiting for?" Harry said, patting the space behind him.

Hermione tried to shake her nervousness away, but she couldn't. She never liked flying, but she knew she had to do this; even if it was just so she could be closer to Harry.

Hermione looked up at the sky for moment and then back at Harry, who was waiting for her to get on. Just do it Hermione.

She moved her legs and finally swung them over the broom. "Hold on tight!" Harry said to her. She wrapped her arms around his waist and held on for dear life.

"Ready?" He said to her and Hermione could tell it was more of a statement then a question. Nodding her head he pushed off from the ground.

Hermione squeezed her eyes shut, willing the fear to leave her body; but of course, that didn't happen.

"Oh god, I'm going to die!" Hermione said into the back of Harry's shirt. She could feel him laugh as his body shook a bit.

"Hermione, look down," Harry told her and Hermione's eyes widened.

"Are you crazy?" she shouted, startled at his comment.

"Just do it," Harry said. Hermione hesitated for a second and looked down. Immediately thinking she'd see the safe ground a hundred feet below her, she braced herself for the worst, but what she saw made her laugh a bit. The ground was no more than a foot beneath them.

Hermione blushed at bit and Harry smiled. He turned to her and she looked at him. "Now, I'm really going up this time," Harry told her.

He turned around and lifted the broom up. Pulling it into the air, Harry began the ascent. Hermione gripped onto him harder when she felt the broom slant at an angle.

Keeping her eyes closed, and her head buried in Harry's back she didn't notice when they leveled out.

"Hermione, look," Harry told her and she shook her head. "Please," he urged and she finally pried open one eye.

She saw Harry's green eyes boring into her and then he flashed a smile. "Look," he said pointing out toward the horizon.

Hermione looked up and gasped. The sight was magnificent. The stars shined brightly in the sky and she saw in the distance where the blackness of night met the earth. There were swirls of purple haze, mixing above and the moon illuminated the lake where she saw casual ripples forming near its shore.

Hermione turned back to Harry and beamed up at him. "It's really beautiful up here," Hermione told him.

Harry nodded his head. "Yeah, it is nice. But it's even nicer to have someone to share it with."

Hermione could feel the red forming on her cheeks. "Oh, I'm sure you and Cho did this a lot. She must love flying," Hermione replied.

Harry shook his head. "She liked flying, but not with me. I never did understand why," Harry explained.

"Maybe it was because she was afraid to get too close to you; that if she shared something as special and dear to you as flying she would become too attached. She obviously wasn't looking for a serious relationship if she dumped you," Hermione told him truthfully.

"Yeah, maybe," Harry replied. "Alright, enough about Cho. This is for you. What do you want to do? Flips, turns, go higher, fly around the pitch, what?"

Hermione grinned at him for putting his attention on her. It felt good to know that Harry was here for her and no one else. "Um, well I guess we could circle a bit, and then I think I'm done for tonight. We need to do this gradually," Hermione told him.

Harry took them around the pitch a few times and brought them back to the ground. Hermione sighed as her feet hit familiar ground.

"Did you hate it?" Harry asked as he let Hermione shrink his firebolt and he put it in his pocket.

"No, I didn't. I rather enjoyed it," Hermione said to him. He walked over and put his hands around her shoulders.

"Well, I'm glad you did," Harry told her as he gave her a small squeeze. The wind seemed to kick up a bit and Hermione shivered. Pulling the cloak tighter around her Harry smiled.

He walked over and brushed a few strands of her loose hair behind her ear. Hermione felt a shock run through her body from the touch. She loved his caresses and gentle touches. I wonder what they mean?

Harry turned and searched the ground. "Where's my invisibility cloak?" Harry asked and Hermione turned to look on the ground.

"I don't know. Are you sure this is where you put it?" Hermione asked and Harry nodded.

"Yeah, I'm positive," Harry said. They searched the ground some more when a voice broke them from their actions.

"Looking for this?" someone said and Harry and Hermione froze. The first thing that came to Hermione's head was that they were caught and were going to be expelled. This is it, we're caught!

Hermione turned around and was shocked at who stood before them.

Instinctively, Harry moved in front of Hermione and Hermione grabbed onto his hand.

Xander stood there; looking just how he did the first night Hermione met him. His lips were curled into an evil sneer and he held Harry's cloak in his left hand and in his right was a wand, pointed directly at them.

Hermione and Harry both reached for their wands, but Xander was quicker.

"Expelliarmus!" Xander shouted and both of their wands shot out from their hands and into Xander's.

"What do you want, Xander?" Harry asked. Hermione could hear the anger in his voice.

Xander smirked. "Oh, I think it's time I taught you both a lesson!"

Don't shoot me! I know this is an evil cliffhanger, but I promise to get the next chapter out ASAP!

Anyway, please review! It helps me write faster!