Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's All That by harryherm84
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's All That

harryherm84

A/N: I know everyone is wondering what happened! I'm terribly sorry for the long delay, but so everyone knows, I am officially done with my job for a few weeks. I start school on Jan. 10th and I hope to have this story finished by then. It only has 3 more chapters. So the ending will be coming soon! Thanks for reading and please review!

Disclaimer: I own nothing! Go preorder Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince! (see, I'm advertising, so no suing!)

Hermione's All That

Time Stands Still

Hermione and Neville both walked into the Great Hall. Hermione gasped at the beautiful scene that lay before her.

The ceiling was enchanted to look like the night sky. Bright stars shined down upon them, illuminating the area below. Large, silver streamers were hung across the hall, from one wall to the other. Candles floated high above them, with little roses on the sides, giving off a romantic feel. Tables were set up all around, covered in a white tablecloth, a beautiful bouquet of flowers were being used as the centerpiece. A light fog misted the ground; covering it just enough where you could still see the floor. A dance floor was in the middle of the hall, and a band was set up at the very back, strumming a slow song at the moment that Hermione didn't recognize, but she immediately liked the tune. The ball was perfect; the only thing missing was Harry.

Hermione immediately surveyed the area for Harry. Stop it Hermione! You don't need to do that.

Her smile faltered a bit as Harry's image flashed across her mind. She wanted to make up; she wanted to be here with Harry more than anything. She had pictured this night ever since Harry had asked her, and now she wasn't sharing it with him, but Neville.

She wasn't being fair to Neville either. She looked at him then. He was dressed nicely in a black tuxedo. He had been very kind when he came to her room, bringing her a single rose and complimenting her on how beautiful she looked.

He turned and smiled at her. "Hermione, did I tell you how great you look tonight?" Neville asked and Hermione nodded, a blush rising over her cheeks.

"Yes, Neville, and you don't have to keep saying it, but thanks," Hermione told him.

"Well, how about we find a table?" Neville suggested, and they made their way over to one. Hermione spotted Ron and Lavender near the back row of tables.

Stopping at their table, Hermione greeted them both with hugs. "Well, Hermione, you do look smashing tonight. If I wasn't with Lav, I'd have my eyes set on you!" Ron complimented. Hermione blushed again, saying her thanks.

"Ron, Lavender, this is Neville," Hermione said, motioning to Neville.

"Nice to finally actually meet you, mate," Ron said, sticking out his hand. Neville eyed it for a moment with an odd sort of look, when he finally raised his own. Hermione thought she saw something weird pass over Neville's features, but it was gone in an instant.

"You too," Neville replied, before turning away to scan the crowd.

Hermione looked back at Ron and Lavender, who were both giving her the what-is-his-problem look. Hermione just shook her head in response. Neville was always a bit on the loony side, but he was still sweet.

"You two can join our table," Lavender offered.

Hermione smiled. She pulled out her chair. "Thanks Lavender," she said. "We'd love…"

"No, I don't think so. We're going to dance," Neville insisted.

Ron and Lavender both looked at him with suspicious eyes. Hermione turned to Neville, very angry with him for speaking for her. Why did he always have to do that! "We are?" Hermione questioned.

"Sure, don't you want to?" Neville said politely. Hermione honestly didn't really feel like dancing, but she opted to anyway.

"Ok," she said, before taking Neville's hand in hers. She turned back to Ron and Lavender, giving them a shrug, before following Neville.

Neville led them to the middle of the floor, stopping to turn to her. He immediately put his hands on her hips.

Hermione felt extremely uncomfortable and awkward at the moment. Her, being here with Neville, it just wasn't right. She should be in someone else's arms.

Neville pulled her a bit closer, causing Hermione to stumble forward a bit. She looked up to him, but he had his head turned in the other direction.

What is wrong with this? Why do I have this gut feeling that I shouldn't be with Neville? Why do I have this strong urge to push him away and run to find Harry? Hermione pushed the thoughts from her mind. It's just me wanting Harry, that's all. I'm trying to find an excuse to get away from Neville.

As they continued to sway with the music, fumbling with their feet as if they were in the eighth grade, Hermione turned her head and felt a shock run through her as she saw Harry enter.

A shiver crawled up her spine as she gazed at him. He looked so incredibly handsome. He was dressed in a muggle tuxedo, which was the recommended attire for the ball. His hair was as unruly as ever, but it just made him all the more sexy, Hermione thought. His green eyes pierced the air, and she could have sworn she saw a light sparkle in them.

He didn't see her, but he was scanning the area to the right. She continued to stare at him and all those feelings were surfacing again. She couldn't help it, and right at that moment she didn't want to.

She wanted to feel what she had felt with Harry again. He made her feel special; he made her feel as if she were the only one in the world. He helped her through her rough times, always there to make her smile and laugh and forget that she was more or less alone in a world that had alienated her and turned its back on her.

But even though she knew in her heart that she wanted to be with Harry, that she was willing to forgive, she couldn't ignore the anger that still resided in her heart. She knew why it was still there though, because she needed to talk to Harry about it. She needed to get everything off her chest, not only the anger holed up deep inside her, but also her feelings and the undeniable head-over-heels love she felt every time she saw him.

The thought scared her. She didn't know if she could pour her soul out to him again, for fear that things would turn out the way they had before. Somewhere deep within her, she knew that Harry would never make that mistake again, and that she could trust him, and she knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this was a risk she had to take if she ever truly wanted to be happy.

She drew herself out of her thoughts and back to the cause of them. Harry, who at the moment was chatting with Lavender and Ron, still had yet to notice her presence. She couldn't help but stare at him. She didn't know how long she was looking at him, but Harry must have felt her eyes, because he immediately stopped smiling and looked right her way.

They both caught each others eyes, and Hermione's breath immediately escaped her chest. She couldn't breathe, let alone think of turning away. They held each other's gazes for what seemed like an eternity.

"Hermione! Hermione!" she heard a voice calling in the distance. She pried her eyes away from Harry's to turn to Neville, who was looking down at her with a strange look in his eyes.

"Hmm?" Hermione questioned, regretting the fact that she had to turn away from Harry.

"I've been talking to you this whole time. We're you even listening?" Neville questioned a hurt expression on his face.

Hermione immediately felt guilty. She had agreed to go with Neville, not with Neville while dreamily wishing it was Harry. She had no excuse to dismiss Neville like that, even if he was acting a bit odd.

"I'm sorry Neville," Hermione apologized. "I just have a lot on my mind." Hermione turned back toward Harry, and saw that he was still looking her way.

Neville, obviously following her line of sight, said, "It's Potter, isn't it?"

Hermione nodded her head a bit and turned away to look back at Neville. "I'm sorry Neville, I'm really trying…," Hermione began to say, but Neville interrupted her.

"Hermione, I just don't understand it. He deliberately reels you in with his charming lines and lavish taste, gaining your trust, and what does he do? He breaks your heart with a stupid bet he made. He wasn't being truthful. He was fake! Don't you see that? Harry wants nothing to do with you!" Neville insisted.

Hermione turned to look at him, tears swimming in her eyes. "Neville, I know what you are saying, but Harry isn't like that. Yes, I think it started out like that, be he really changed. It couldn't have all been a lie!" Hermione told her exasperatedly.

"Hermione, listen to me. Harry is a fake. He will do anything and everything he can to get what he wants, and he doesn't care who he hurts in the process!" Neville told her.

"Neville, don't you get it! I love Harry!" Hermione stated. Ignoring Neville's wide eyes, she continued. "I have to believe that he cared about me, because if I don't, if he doesn't. I just…I can't be alone forever!" She tried to hold back the tears, but two escaped nevertheless.

"Hermione, you won't be alone forever," Neville said. Hermione couldn't meet his eyes. She was too ashamed at how weak she had become. She was never open with anyone except Harry. She always had control of her emotions, and here she was, at the Yule Ball, crying over a lost love, broken hearts, and to someone who never really cared about her in the first place.

"No one wants me," Hermione said and immediately regretted the words. She was completely wallowing in self-pity, and she was disgusted at herself.

"I do," Neville said and before Hermione could even think about what he meant by that, she felt Neville pull her close, and his lips hit hers.

Harry stood rooted to the ground as he saw Neville kiss Hermione. He was enraged and heartbroken all at the same time. He wanted to run over there and rip Neville away from Hermione and beat him to a pulp, and yet he wanted to turn, run away, and cry his heart out.

He couldn't watch anymore. He immediately turned his back on them. He cursed under his breath, wishing he could just go back in time and erase all of this, every bit of it. All he wanted when he walked through that door was to make things right with Hermione. He had wanted nothing more in his life than that simple confession and maybe a simple gesture of forgiving from Hermione, even though he was not betting on it. He just wanted to finally tell her how he really felt, make her understand, so at the least he would know that she knew. That he had thrown himself overboard without a life jacket, and she was the only one who could rescue him.

Right now he knew he was drowning. He could feel the sorrow feeling up his lungs, ceasing his breathing. He could feel tears in his eyes, tears that threatened to fall along with his heart. He tried to reason with himself. Stop this Potter! You don't know if she likes him. It was just a kiss, it's not like she was saying yes to a proposal. Yeah, but it should be me up there! I should be the one kissing her! Well, do something about it!

Hermione stood stunned as Neville moved to further the kiss. Finally, Hermione regained her thinking and pushed Neville away. She wiped at her mouth. "Neville! What do you think you're doing?!" Hermione said to him, anger apparent in all her features.

Neville stood rooted to the ground, staring right back at Hermione. "I thought you liked me Hermione!" Neville said and Hermione's mouth flew open.

"What gave you that idea? I told you that I love Harry!" Hermione said back, her hands upon her hips and she narrowed her eyes at Neville.

"Harry Potter! It's always about Harry Potter!" Neville insisted, rolling his eyes. "Why can't you see me? I don't get it?" Throwing up his hands, Neville turned from her and walked away.

Hermione didn't know what to do. She was so confused. She felt guilty for how she treated Neville, but she never gave him one hint that she was in the least bit interested. Why did he have to kiss me?

Hermione turned then to Harry, who at the moment had his back toward her. She suddenly felt fear consume her. What if Harry saw the kiss? He would get the wrong idea! But he would have seen me push Neville away? But what if he turned away before he saw that part? What if he never saw any of it?

Hermione's mind was in jumbles. She had to get a grip on things. Now was not the time to be freaking out. She saw Harry turn toward her at that moment, and he began making his way over.

Hermione started to panic. She didn't know what to do or say. She gave into her first instinct to turn and run away. She started making her way toward the door when she felt a hand on her arm.

"Harry, I," Hermione started to say, but was surprised when she turned around to see that Cho had a hand on her shoulder. "Cho?" Hermione asked, confused.

"Don't think about running away Granger! They're about to announce the king and queen, and I for one want to see how you react to not winning! I, of course, am going to win, and I don't want you to miss out on that!" Cho sneered, before giving Hermione an evil glare and pulling her into the middle of the room. She looked around, but she didn't see Harry, and see felt just a little relieve wash over her. She had to get things under control before talking to Harry. She didn't know what she would say when she didn't have time to prepare or understand everything that was going on around her.

Cho pushed Hermione along till they finally came to a stop where a circle was formed by the students. Cho stood beside Hermione, giving her dirty looks whenever she could. Hermione looked over and saw Luna Lovegood staring dreamily up at the sky. Justin Finch-Fletchly was near the front with Parvati clinging to his arm. She didn't see either Draco or Harry. She did spot Ginny over near the far corner. She gave her a small smile, but the girl just gave her an odd look and turned her head. What was that about? Shrugging it off, she gave her attention to Dumbledore and McGonagall, who were both on stage, getting ready to announce the winner.

"Welcome everyone! I'm pleased to see that everyone was able to attend. You all look very lovely and I hope that your moods are in the same state of mind. I know this is something you've all been waiting for since we announced the nominees. The Queen of the Yule Ball this year is…," Dumbledore started to say and Hermione began to panic.

She felt her breathing start to eradicate and her heart beat furiously within her chest. She begged it to not be her. She wanted Cho to win, or even Luna for that matter, just as long as it wasn't her.

She felt Cho start to move forward, already anticipating her win.

"Hermione Granger!" Dumbledore said and Hermione didn't move, she didn't blink, she almost felt like her heart stopped at that moment. It can't be true!

"WHAT!?" she heard Cho shout beside her. Hermione turned to see everyone's stunned faces. A few were clapping and cheering, such as Lavender and Ron, and a few others were sending her death threats with their eyes, like Cho for example. If looks could kill, Hermione would be dead a thousand times over by the look Cho was giving her.

"Come forward, Miss Granger. We still have to announce the king and then the two of you will share the spotlight dance," Dumbledore said, gesturing for her to move forward.

Hermione didn't think her legs worked anymore, but she was surprised to find herself moving forward. She stood, in the middle, all eyes on her. She suddenly felt very self-conscious. She felt a blush rise to her cheeks and willed Dumbledore to hurry and continue so attention would be off of her.

"And the King is Harry Potter!" Dumbledore said and Hermione felt her heart sink. No, I can't face him like this. I can't!

There was no movement and everyone looked around, but Harry was no where.

"Mr. Potter, will you please come forward," Dumbledore said. He too was eyeing the crowd.

Oh god, he did see us kiss, and now he hates me and he won't face me. He left; he doesn't want anything to do with me. I'll never really get to talk to him again. He hates me, I know it!

She felt a tap on her shoulder and swung around to see Harry standing there. He was staring at her, but his eyes were different. They were clouded over, showing no hint of emotion. Hermione would always feel safe whenever she would look into those eyes, but now, she felt scared or numb rather. When she looked into his eyes now, she saw hopelessness and a thought that nothing would be right again. She suppressed the urge to cry as she continued to stare into the almost lifeless eyes. If the eyes were definitely the windows to the soul, Harry had drawn the curtains and it almost felt like he had sewed them shut so they were to never open again.

He extended his hand toward her, and she eyed it carefully. He was being gracious, but Hermione knew that he was only obligated to do so. Something had definitely changed in him and she hated it.

She laid her hand in his and was surprised to find that it was cold and his grip wasn't soft and caring, yet rough and hard. He didn't pull her close, but extended his other hand to place on her hip, keeping her at the farthest distance possible.

The music began, and Harry led, rather exceptionally. She never knew he could dance so well, but if she thought about it, she never really asked. They didn't say anything, and Hermione looked out over the students watching them.

She felt like she was in class, presenting a project, and everyone was scrutinizing her every move. She saw them whisper, and she had no doubt that it was about how formal her and Harry seemed with each other now.

Eyeing the room, seeing hundreds of pairs of gazing orbs, all staring, watching, criticizing, she couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't take this tension between her and Harry and she had to start a conversation.

"You look really nice Harry," Hermione said, not really knowing where to start. He didn't look at her, but continued to stare over her head.

"Thanks, so do you," he muttered and Hermione looked down at her feet. She felt the tears welling up inside her, and she knew there was no way she could hold them back.

"What happened to us Harry?" Hermione asked calmly, the sorrow evident in her voice. She looked up to him then, and was surprised to see him looking back. He was still guarded, but at least he managed to look at her.

"You know what happened, Hermione," Harry said. "Would you like me to go ask Neville to cut in? I bet that would make you happy!" Harry's tone was nothing but pure hatred and she could sense the anger radiating off of him.

She felt her anger and emotions flare up. She wasn't going to let this go, not without a fight. She almost laughed at herself then. Harry had tried so hard to get her to listen to him over the past few weeks, begging for her to give her another chance. And now, here they were, in the same position, yet opposite roles, and she was angry at him for not letting her explain. What a hypocrite she was. She shouldn't expect him to be open for any explanations. She sure wasn't, so why should she blame him for reacting the same way?

"Harry, that's not what happened!" Hermione said. "We were dancing and…" she started, but Harry interrupted.

"I don't feel like listening to this Hermione. Let's get this stupid dance over with, go our separate ways, and forget anything ever happened between us," Harry said, still not meeting her eyes.

She felt the tears fall again at his hateful words, but she wasn't going to stop. "There was something between us?" Hermione said. She knew how she felt toward Harry, but not how Harry felt toward her.

"Yes," Harry stated and Hermione chocked on a sob. She didn't want this to end, not now, not ever. She loved Harry with all her heart, and she wasn't going to let him go without a fight. They were both stubborn, pig-headed people, but it was time to stop all that foolishness, give in to each other, and be happy.

"I didn't kiss Neville. He kissed me," Hermione began.

"Hermione, I said I didn't…," Harry said, but Hermione shook her head.

"NO!" she said firmly, getting Harry's attention enough to make him look at her. "I know you don't want to hear this, but guess what, you have no choice. We are both stuck in this position 'til this song is over, and there isn't anything you can do about it. He kissed me! You hear that Harry! He kissed me, and I pushed him away, and you know what I told him before he did! That I was in love with you!" Hermione could have sworn that she saw something flash in his eyes, and the guard he was holding let down just a bit.

"I don't care anymore about the bet! I don't care if you made it or Malfoy, or what the intentions were. I'm not mad anymore. I forgive you. I'll do whatever you want, but Harry, please, I need you in my life. I love you so much and it scares me, but it would scare me more if you weren't in my life. Please, Harry, we have to get through this! I love you," Hermione whispered the last few words and her head fell down. She couldn't stop the tears that flowed out of her or way her shoulders started shaking from the incredible sobs that erupted from her throat.

Harry stopped swaying with the music and watched the girl in front of his face. She was crying hysterically, and it was because of him! He couldn't do this anymore. He wasn't mad, he believed Hermione about the kiss, he just didn't know how to tell her that he loved her back, after everything he put her through.

And he was the one who needed to apologize, he was the one who was supposed to tell her to not be mad and that he needed her, yet she took the lead. She let down her guard once again, let him in once again, without even knowing if he would break her heart. She trusted him and that feeling, that knowledge of how much Hermione really loved him, it filled him. He actually felt whole, he was complete, and the answer was always there. It was just in the form of a bushy-haired, bookworm, outcast Gryffindor that he had no intention of ever really getting to know, except for a bet that came along. He made a note to himself that he would have to thank Malfoy, well only after he was able to kick his ass a few times for the hell he put him through.

Without a moment's hesitation, Harry pulled Hermione to him, wrapping his arms tightly around the young girl, no young woman, he corrected. She was everything to him and he was never going to let her go.

He put his hand under her chin, turning her head upwards so he could look into her eyes. Tears continued to leak from her eyes, and he brushed them away carefully with his fingers.

"Hermione, I just don't even know where to start. There are so many things I have to say and apologize for. So much I have to tell you, I just don't know where to start," Harry admitted. He let her see his soul and it terrified him. She put her trust in me; I have to put my trust in her.

Hermione reached up and stroked Harry's cheek lovingly. "Harry, don't give me explanations or apologies, there will be a time for that later. Right now, all I want to know is how you feel. How you truly feel, right here," she said, patting the place where Harry's heart lay.

Harry was at a loss for words, so he leaned down and enclosed her mouth with his. He poured out his heart, his soul to her in that kiss and he hoped she felt it. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as they continued to explore their feelings in a kiss so passionate, so incredibly fervent in need and desire, that both felt as if they were floating on air.

Finding a need for oxygen, they both pulled apart. Harry wrapped her up in a hug, holding her closely. Kissing her on the cheek, he put his lips to her ear and said the three words he had wanted to say for so long. Those 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning...just three simple words that could change people forever, and how it had changed Harry.

Whispering quietly, but meaningfully, Harry said, "I love you."

Neither had noticed that the music had stopped long before, or that the people in the Great Hall were all watching the romantic scene unfold. They were only aware of each other and the love that consumed them from top to bottom.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Harry and Hermione sat closely together at the table, chatting and laughing with Lavender.

They kept stealing glances at one another, sharing smiles full of love and hope; squeezing each others hand, not to only remind each other that they were there, but also to remind them that this was reality and that they were finally together.

Hermione felt someone tap her on her shoulder and she turned to find Neville standing there. He looked like a lost boy and Hermione wondered what was wrong.

"Neville?" Hermione asked, watching him with concern filled eyes.

"Can I speak with you?" Neville asked and Hermione turned to Harry. She didn't want to go, but she felt she owed it to him. He did, after all, take her to the dance when she didn't have a date.

Hermione turned back to Neville. "Sure, Neville."

"I'm going to come with you," Harry said, about to get up when Neville interrupted.

"NO!" Neville shouted, and they all turned to look at him. "I mean, I really need to speak to you privately."


Hermione nodded and turned to Harry. "I'll be right back," she said. She gave Harry's hand a squeeze before turning away. She felt a hand grab her own, and pull her back. Before she knew it, Harry was kissing her. Hermione kissed back and when they pulled apart, Harry just smiled.

"Hurry back!" he said and she nodded her head.

Following Neville outside, he led her over to the first of the steps, away from the Great

Hall

.

"What is it, Neville?" Hermione asked, anxious to get back inside with Harry.

"Well, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for what happened earlier. I didn't mean to kiss you. Well, I mean, I did mean it, but I know you like Harry, and I respect that. I just want you to be happy, even if maybe I didn't really act like it," Neville said quickly.

Hermione nodded her head. "It's ok Neville, I understand. We're always going to be friends. You've been my friend ever since first year. And Harry's a great guy; you should get to know him."

"Maybe, I will. But I have something for you," Neville said, and Hermione eyed him for a moment.

"For me?" Hermione asked and Neville nodded.

"Yeah, it's sort of a thank you gift for coming with me to the ball. I have to go get it. Can you just wait here for just a moment?" Neville asked and Hermione obliged.

Neville turned the corner and Hermione walked over to the window. She stared outside and watched the light snow fall onto the grounds. She sighed in contentment. Things actually started to look bright in her life, which was definitely a change.

She heard footsteps coming down the hall, and Hermione turned to greet Neville, but was shocked at the sight before her. There stood Draco pulling a tied and gagged Neville in front of him. His wand was pointed right at Hermione.

"What are you…," Hermione started to say, but she was too stunned.

"Don't even say anything and don't try anything either, or I will kill you and this pathetic excuse for a boy," Draco stated.

He wrenched open the nearest broom closet and threw Neville inside. Shutting the door, he said, "Colloportus", sealing the door shut. He turned toward Hermione. "Now, if you make a sound, I won't hesitate to kill you!" He said, menacingly and Hermione stood still. She wanted to scream, run, anything, but by Draco's tone, she knew he wasn't bluffing. He would kill her without any thought if need be.

Draco grabbed Hermione by the arm, pulling her up the stairs. Hermione tried to remain calm on the outside, but inside, she was a wreck. Please, Harry, find me! Find me before it's too late.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry turned to the door for the hundredth time since Hermione had left with Neville. "Don't you think she's been gone just a bit too long," Harry asked Ron, not taking his eyes off of the door.

"Mate, for the thousandth time, she's fine. Why do you worry so much? It's just Neville!" Ron said, but Harry wouldn't buy it.

"I know, but something's wrong. I can feel it," Harry said, more to himself than Ron.

Just then a young girl, who Harry recognized as Jessica, the one who caused a scene with Malfoy, approached the table.

"Have you seen Draco?" she asked, and they all shook their heads no. "He was supposed to meet me at the dance, but he hasn't shown up. I'm worried."

Harry immediately felt his gut tighten. He looked toward Ron, who seemed to have the same reaction. "Listen, I'm going to go look for Hermione. You two stay here and watch if she comes back. I'll be back to check and see if you've found anything." Ron and Lavender nodded their heads and Harry took off out the door. He had to find Hermione, and now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Draco led Hermione up the steps until they reached the Astronomy Tower. "Look at this! Isn't this just so nice. There's you and me, oh and we have a special guest!" Draco said and Hermione turned as she heard the door open.

Xander walked in, with a smirk on his face. "Well, well, well. It sure is nice to see the lovely mudblood again!" Xander said.

Hermione started to cringe. She didn't know what was going to happen and she started to shake just a bit.

"Well, Draco, I did say you can get what you wanted. Go ahead, she's right there!" Xander said and Draco turned toward Hermione, giving her an odd look.

Hermione backed herself up against the wall and Draco continued to move closer to her. He grabbed her arms and pushed her tightly against the wall.

Hermione screamed and Draco slapped her hard on her cheek. "No screaming!" Draco said and Hermione was about to scream again, but Draco grabbed her head and smashed it against the wall.

Pain exploded all around her head, and her eyes began to blur just a bit. The smack was hard enough to cause pain, but not enough to cause her to blackout. And she knew that Draco did that on purpose.

"I've waited a long time for this Hermione. I'm sick of rejections and I'm sick of you never noticing me, so now, I'm taking what I want with or without your consent!" He pulled out a rag and gagged her so she couldn't scream. She tried to fight him, but he was too strong. He pulled out his wand, shouting "Incarcerous!", tying her hands and feet together.

Hermione struggled with all her might, but nothing helped. There was no way she could get free. Tears started to fall from her eyes as she realized what was going to happen.

Draco started to kiss her and Hermione turned her head, continuing to stop him no matter what.

Just then the door burst open and Hermione looked up to see Harry come in. When they met eyes, Harry looked ready to kill and charged Malfoy, pushing him off Hermione.


Hermione moved back, pulling herself into a ball in the corner. She watched as Harry and Malfoy continued to roll around, both getting in punches here and there.

She turned to see Xander about to intervene. Hermione had to do something, but what? Her wand was tucked inside a strap on her leg. She could get to it if she moved just right. Slowly, as to not draw attention, Hermione grabbed her wand from her leg. She watched as Xander pulled a flask from his cloak, ready to drink it. Hermione pulled the gag out of her mouth and shouted a spell. The spell shattered the flask into many pieces.

The explosion brought Harry and Draco away from their fight, just to see what happened. Xander emitted an immense yell and turned toward Hermione. "Expelliarmus!" Xander shouted and Hermione's wand flew across the room. "You stupid mudblood! That's it for you!" He raised his wand, pointing it at Hermione.

Harry watched as Xander leveled his wand at Hermione. Harry pulled out his wand, pointing it at Xander, but Draco was quicker and shouted, "Expelliarmus!" Harry's wand flew from his hand. Now both Harry and Hermione were disarmed.

Frustrated, Harry had to do something. Punching Draco hard in the face, he jumped up and tackled Xander. Xander's wand fell from his hand.

Harry punched him a few times in the stomach, but Xander wasn't going to let that stop him. He pushed Harry off and made his way over to the wand. Harry saw this and tried to stop him.

Hermione watched all of this in horror as she continued to struggle against her bonds. She was so scared for the both of them. She had to find some way to help him.

Looking to the left, she saw a long piece of wood. Crawling over to it, she picked it up. "Harry!" she shouted, and he turned toward her. She tossed the wood to him and he smashed it on Xander's head, knocking him out.

Harry, looking relieved, made his way over to Hermione. When he got to her, he could feel her shaking, and he wasn't going to blame her. When he came in and saw Draco on her, he had never felt such rage in his life. He couldn't belief that Draco would do such a thing.

He steadied Hermione's hands a bit, trying to get the ropes off. "Are you ok?" he asked, as he worked the tight ropes off of her hands. She wouldn't meet his eyes, but nodded her head.

"Hermione?" Harry asked, but she still wouldn't look at him. Gently, he picked her chin up and she couldn't help it, she started crying. He pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry Harry," she said and Harry sat stunned.

"What do you have to be sorry about?" Harry asked and Hermione shook her head.

"I'm sorry that you had to fight for me. I should have been able to take care of myself," she said.

"Hermione," Harry said, looking down at her. "You have nothing to be sorry about. This wasn't your fault. I'm just glad you're ok. Come on, let's get our wands and get out of here."

Hermione nodded and Harry pulled the ropes off her legs, helping her stand. That's when he saw the mark on her face. Slowly he brought his hand up to touch it. Rage filled him again. "I could kill him!" Harry said aloud, turning toward the motionless form of Draco.

Hermione grabbed his hand. "Don't Harry. It's over."

"I don't think so!" a voice said, and Harry and Hermione turned around to see Xander staring at them, a menacing look on his face. His wand was held out in front of him. Blood ran down his face where Harry had hit him. "Don't move!"

Harry gripped Hermione's hand tightly, but didn't move.

"I didn't want you to see me. No, that wasn't the plan! But, of course, you have to ruin everything! But that's ok. I don't care anymore if you see me or not. You won't be alive to tell anyone who I really was anyway!" Xander said.

Harry and Hermione stood perplexed. Neither one of them knew what Xander was talking about. Then suddenly, the form of Xander began to change.

The body form started to change, along with the hair. Red began to show and the arms became more slender, and when the true form was revealed, both Harry and Hermione sucked in breath.

Standing in front of them, grinning from ear to ear, blood now caked on her forehead, stood Ginny Weasley…

Surprised? I'm sure some of you are! I know this is a cliffhanger, but I do best when people are hanging. Now, please review! And stay tuned for the next chapter: Kiss and Kill!