Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's All That by harryherm84
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's All That

harryherm84

A/N: Alright, I will say it one more time and that's it, if no one gets it by now, well I'm very sorry, I have stated this four times already! THIS FIC IS AU! ALTERNATE UNIVERSE! I hope people get it now!

Anyway, thanks for the great reviews! This is great! I am so glad people love this story! Sorry that y'all had to wait until the new update to finally see the end of the "date"! I just hope I don't disappoint you! And be lucky that I am updating this within the week, man it's like a record for me! Don't get used to this though, after this one I will definitely have to update my other two stories before I can this one. I'm sorry!

Have a great day and I hope you like this!

Disclaimer: Nothing's mine! It either belongs to the creators of "She's All That" or J.K. Rowling!

Hermione's All That

Soaring

(Again, this chapter is written from both Harry and Hermione's point of view!)

Hermione and Harry walked down the road, heading for the Three Broomsticks.

Hermione's stomach was fluttering and she didn't feel so well. The thought of the party made her more nervous then she had been the entire day. Why did I say I was looking forward to it? She was regretting her decision of choosing to continue the date rather than just have Harry walk her back.

Suddenly, they came to a stop and Hermione looked up. They were standing in front of the Three Broomsticks.

"Well, let's go in," Harry said and he pulled open the door for her. She stepped through, even though her mind was telling her to turn back.

Walking inside she found that it was crowded with many different students from Hogwarts. It wasn't just people from Gryffindor either, she recognized one girl as being a Ravenclaw who was in her Arthimancy class.

Harry surveyed the room and noticed all his friends packed inside. There were at least fifty people around, all hanging out drinking butterbeer.

Harry was about to go and sit at a table when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Turning he saw his red-haired best friend standing beside him.

Ron gave him a clap on the back and said, "Harry! What's up mate?" He had a huge smile on his face.

Hermione turned around once she heard someone talking to Harry. Ron seemed to notice her because he turned to look at her. He gave her a huge smile and said, "I'm Ron Weasley." Hermione offered him his hand, but he didn't take it, instead he leaned down and enveloped her in a huge hug.

Startled by the act, it took Hermione a second before she reacted, patting him on the back awkwardly. She saw Harry looking at her over Ron's shoulder and he was laughing. She smiled back and Ron released her. "I'm Hermione Granger," Hermione said to Ron, smiling.

"Well, it's good to meet you! Mingle with the crowd, dance, do whatever, but there is only one rule," Ron said, eyeing Hermione.

"And what's that?" Hermione asked him.

Ron put one hand on Harry's shoulder and one hand on Hermione's. He had a serious look on his face and Hermione started to feel a bit nervous about what he was going to say.

"You have to have fun!" he shouted, lifting his hands in the air. Hermione and Harry both started laughing at his antics.

Ron started to move his away into the crowd; Hermione could still here him shouting to different people.

"He's a character," Hermione said to Harry and he nodded.

"Yes, he is, but he's my best friend. You can't help but love him!" Harry said and Hermione smiled. She could tell that Harry's friendship with Ron was deep and that they really had a tight bond between each other. It started to make her sad, thinking that she didn't really have that type of friendship with anyone. "Well, do you want to meet some of my other friends?"

Hermione nodded, even though she was starting to get nervous once again. This wasn't really her scene and all the different people were making her anxious. She didn't feel like she belonged.

Harry led her through the crowd to where Ginny, Draco, Parvati, and Lavender were standing.

"Hey guys!" Harry said and they all turned to look at him. "I'd like you to meet someone," Harry began as he took Hermione's hand and pulled her in front of him. All of them, excluding Ginny who had already seen Hermione's new makeover, stood there with mouths agape.

Harry put his shoulders on top of Hermione's and she smiled to them all. "This is Hermione," Harry said. "That's Lavender, Parvati, Draco, and of course you already know Ginny."

Hermione looked at them and they still didn't move. Hermione stuck out her hand for them to shake, but no one moved. Finally Lavender seemed to come to her senses and shook Hermione's hand. "It's nice to meet you Hermione, you look lovely."

Hermione blushed at the comment. "It's nice to meet you too," she replied. She let go of her hand and Parvati just smiled; Draco had a smug look on his face.

Finally he stepped forward and took Hermione's hand. He didn't shake it, and Hermione wondered if he was going to hug her like Ron did. No, Draco does not look like the hugging type. He turned her hand down and brought it to his lips where he placed a small kiss. "Pleasure to meet you, Hermione," Draco replied seductively.

The kiss sent chills up Hermione's spine and she didn't like it. She didn't like the way Draco was looking at her either.

Harry eyed Draco with a look of distaste. He hated how Draco tried to act all suave and sophisticated around the ladies. But Harry smiled when he saw that Hermione was not in the least bit swayed by his actions.

Ginny came up and smiled. "Having fun, Hermione?" she asked.

"Yeah, I am," Hermione replied. She turned her head to look at Harry and gave him a warm smile. He looked back at her and returned the gesture.

Music started playing and Ginny seemed to squeal a bit. "Oh, this is my favorite song. Dance with me Harry, please?" Ginny said, jumping with excitement. She grabbed onto his arm and Hermione was a little taken aback. She felt a little jealousy rising in her, but she pushed it away. "Oh, well that is if you don't mind, Hermione," Ginny said, batting her eyelashes and smiling.

"Oh, go ahead, I don't mind at all," Hermione replied, even though she really didn't want him to. You're not on a date, you're not dating, and he is free to dance with whomever he wants.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked, but before she could reply though, Ginny was dragging Harry to the dance area.

Hermione turned back to see that Parvati and Draco had left. Lavender was sitting at the table, sipping her drink.

She moved over and said, "Can I sit here?"

Lavender smiled. "Sure, girl! Take a seat," Lavender said politely.

"Why aren't you dancing?" Hermione asked, curious about why such a pretty girl was alone.

"Well, it seems that my ever so loving boyfriend has decided to be the man of the hour. He's over there with the guys, making a fool of himself," Lavender said, as she scanned the crowd.

"Yeah, Ron was really nice when I met him earlier. He seems like a great guy," Hermione complimented and Lavender smiled. Hermione already knew that Lavender and Ron were dating, the whole school practically knew. She turned to Hermione and her eyes seemed to get this dreamy expression.

"Yeah, I really think that I love him," she said and Hermione smiled.

"Have you told him?" she asked and Lavender shook her head frantically. "Why not?"

"Well, I'm scared that it will turn him away or scare him off. Love, that's a big step. And I know that Ron cares for me a great deal, but how do I know if he loves me?" Lavender asked.

"I'm not too good with this whole relationship advice, but if Ron cares for you as much as he says he does, then he loves you. And even though you're not sure, if you don't tell him, you'll never know. It is a risk, but I think love is worth risking everything for," Hermione told her and Lavender was contemplating the information.

"You know, Hermione, you're really great. Thanks. I never thought about it like that, but now that I do, you are completely right. I have to take this risk!" Lavender said with glee. She was smiling from ear to ear and it made Hermione happy to know that she had been the cause of that. "So, tell me about you and Harry," Lavender said, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, we're just friends. I haven't really ever enjoyed Hogsmeade before, so he decided to bring me here to show me a good time for helping him out in Astronomy," Hermione said. She looked down at the table, wishing that she could say something like oh this is a great date or that her and Harry were a couple, but she couldn't.

"Well, I saw the way he looks at you, the way he's looking at you now, and that's not a look for friends. He likes you," Lavender said and Hermione looked up and caught Harry's eye.

He was dancing now with a fifth year girl, Hermione couldn't recall her name, and he was staring at her. He gave her a smile and a wink and she blushed.

Lavender suddenly grabbed her hand and jerked her out of her seat. "Lavender, what?" Hermione said confused.

"I think it's about time you two danced, so let's go cut in!" Lavender said as she pulled Hermione toward Harry. Lavender tapped Harry on the shoulder and he looked over at them, startled for a moment to see them. "Um, can we cut in?" Lavender said and the fifth year girl nodded her head and left. Lavender pushed Hermione into Harry, who immediately caught her by the waist. "Now, dance!" she said as she turned, searching for Ron.

Hermione turned to look at Harry, who was smiling down at her. "Sorry about that, I didn't know she was going to do that," Hermione said, looking down at her shoes. She felt embarrassed for being thrown at Harry in such a way. "I didn't mean to interrupt your dance."

Harry tilted her head up so he could look her in the eyes. "I didn't really want to dance with her, I was just being nice," Harry told her and Hermione smiled. The music began to play a slow ballad, and Harry extended his hand. "May I have this dance?"

"Yes you may," Hermione said, smiling at him broadly. She took hold of his hand and he led her farther onto the dance floor. He placed his hands on her hips, and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

Hermione felt awkward at first, but she slowly started to relax as they began swaying to the music. Hermione became lost in the sensation and never wanted it to end. She felt so right, as if right here, in Harry's arms, is where she belonged.

She laid her head on his shoulder and Harry pulled her a little closer. Harry's mind was completely wrapped up in Hermione. He smelled her hair, and inhaled the fresh scent of vanilla. She felt so good in his arms and he never wanted her to leave. No one, not Cho, or anyone else that he dated made him feel the way Hermione did when he was with her.

They were both so lost in their thoughts, they didn't notice that the music had stopped, that people were staring at them, and one person was watching them intently.

Hermione opened her eyes, she didn't even remember closing them, to see Cho standing beside her and Harry. Hermione immediately untwined her arms and moved away from Harry.

Harry was surprised when Hermione began to move away, but when he looked over her shoulder he saw that everyone was staring at them intently.

Hermione watched as Cho just stood there. She didn't know what was going to happen. Was Cho going to yell, curse, or try to fight her, what? Cho was silent and didn't move or take her eyes off of them. Her face was neutral.

Harry turned, and noticed that Cho was standing there beside them. Harry didn't know what to say, what could he say?

"Cho," Harry began, finally breaking the unbearable silence. She turned and looked him in the eye, and what formed on her face about knocked Harry to the ground. Her lips curled and she smiled. Smiled? Why in the world would Cho smile for?

"I'm glad to see that you finally moved on from me, Harry. But, I want to introduce you to someone," Cho said. Then through the crowd came Viktor Krum. He moved as if he owned the world and his ego about knocked Harry down. Cho looped her arm with Viktor's and turned back to him. "Viktor, you remember Harry, don't you?" she asked and Viktor nodded.

"Of course I do, how could I not?" he said, his Bulgarian accent still very strong.

"And you are?" Cho asked, finally addressing Hermione.

"Hemione Granger," Hermione replied shyly.

"Oh," was all that Cho said before sauntering off with Viktor. The crowd seemed to disperse and they all went back to dancing.

Harry turned to Hermione, who was still staring at the retreating form of Cho, and said, "I'm sorry about that Hermione. Cho and I broke up at the beginning of school and well, you know her reputation."

Hermione turned back to Harry and smiled. She already knew they were broken up. News travels fast when you're the most popular couple in school. "It's ok Harry, it wasn't your fault," she said.

"How about we go sit down?" Harry suggested. Hermione nodded, and they both walked over to the table near the back.

"Would you like some butterbeer?" Harry asked and Hermione looked down.

"I haven't ever tried butterbeer before," Hermione admitted and Harry looked astonished.

"Never?" Harry said and Hermione nodded. "You have to try it, it's so good," Harry began and he immediately went up to the bar. He came back with two goblets filled with warm butterbeer. He sat them on the table and said, "Go ahead, try it. You'll love it!"

Hermione didn't hesitate. She picked it up and took a sip. Suddenly she felt as if her whole body was filled with warmth. The drink was so good and it slipped down her throat easily. She grinned and easily took another gulp.

Harry laughed at her and commented, "Not so fast there. I told you it was good!"

Hermione put her now finished butterbeer down and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. She looked at Harry, who was smiling at her and exclaimed, "This stuff is great!"

Harry chuckled at her again and was about to ask her if she wanted another when Parvati came over to their table. "Harry, do you mind if I take Hermione away from you for a second. I want to show her something," Parvati said. Harry was suspicious, but looked over at Hermione.

She nodded her head and stood up. "I'll be right back," Hermione said as Parvati led her away from Harry. She took her all the way across the room, and near the back corner. Standing there was Cho, Ginny, and a drunken Seamus Finnigan sitting on a chair. He was waving his hands in the air and making obscene comments.

Cho and Ginny turned in their direction and began walking toward them. Hermione smiled, but she was uncertain about what they wanted.

Cho stood in front of her and said, "We didn't really get a chance to talk back there, but I just wanted to say hello and that it's good to know that Harry found someone like you."

Hermione was shocked, to say the least. She never thought she would hear those words come out of Cho's mouth, let alone directed at her.

"Thanks Cho," Hermione said and Cho smiled. Just then someone knocked hard into Hermione's back and she went flying onto Seamus's lap. He caught her and smiled.

Hermione tried to push herself up, but Seamus still had a hold of her. He leaned her into him and suddenly started kissing Hermione's neck. Hermione was outraged. She saw a bright flash and then someone yanked her up.

She turned to see that Cho had a hold of her arm. "Sorry about that, he's a little drunk," she said as she pulled Hermione away from Seamus, who was calling her to come back.

"A little," Hermione commented. Cho didn't say anything. She just let go of Hermione's arm, and turned back to her friends. Hermione didn't really dwell on it. She was surprised at Cho's actions earlier, and figured that was a nice as Cho could get.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry watched Hermione go off with Parvati and wondered what that was about. He didn't know of any reason she would want to speak with her.

He ordered them another round of butterbeers while he waited.

"Well, Potter," a voice said and Harry turned to see Draco standing behind him. He walked over and pulled out a chair, taking a seat. "The little bookworm actually looks hot tonight."

Harry gave him a hateful look at the comment. "Don't talk about her like that," he said.

Draco gave a shocked expression and said, "Well, look at this. Have you started to fall for the bushy-haired freak?"

Harry shook his head. No, he didn't like her it was just the bet. Right? Yeah, just the bet! He resolved in his head and turned to Draco. "I don't think so Malfoy. This is just the bet, remember. One that I am most certainly going to win," he replied to him.

"Well, will see about that won't we? Just as long as you're sure it's still a bet," Malfoy remarked and Harry gave him a fake smile.

"I'm sure."

"Well here she comes now, give her my best regards," Draco sneered and meandered off into the crowd.

Hermione made her way back over to Harry, who was still sitting in the same spot, sipping his butterbeer. She watched as Draco Malfoy got up from the table and left. She sat beside him and he smiled at her. "I got you another butterbeer while you were gone," he said and motioned to the goblet in front of her.

She smiled at him and Harry noticed that it seemed forced; something was bothering her. "What's wrong? What did they want?" Harry asked as he turned his full attention to her.

"Well, nothings wrong. I'm just still stunned I guess," Hermione said as she brushed some hair out of her face.

"Stunned about what?" Harry asked and Hermione turned to look him in the face.

"Well, when I went to Parvati she took me over to Cho," Hermione started to say, but Harry interrupted.

"Cho? Great, what did she say?" Harry asked, furious about the thought of Cho saying anything mean to Hermione.

"That's just it, she didn't" Hermione said and Harry look confused. "She didn't say anything; actually she said she was glad I was here with you. Can you believe that?"

"No, I honestly can't. That's not Cho, she's up to something," Harry said as he turned to look out over the crowd, thinking about what Cho could be planning.

"Well, she didn't really act like she was," Hermione said and Harry continued to stare at the crowd.

"Let's not have her ruin our fun! Let's go see how Ron's doing," Harry said, releasing himself of his thoughts.

Hermione nodded and they got up. Harry searched for the head of red-hair through the crowd, but his thoughts were still on Cho. Something was going on, he could feel it. There is no way Cho would be happy for Hermione, Harry knew she hated her and constantly made fun of her, so why was she being nice now. There had to be a reason, but Harry didn't get a chance to think on it anymore, because they had found Ron who was cracking everyone up by trying to dance. Harry couldn't help but laugh. He turned to Hermione, who was also laughing, and decided he would think more on it tomorrow. Now was a time to have fun!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An hour and a half later, Harry and Hermione were walking down the halls back toward their dorms.

Silence filled the air as they both trudged along. It was a little after midnight and they were both too tired to make small talk.

As they entered the Gryffindor common room, they walked up the stairs. When they reached their doors, they both stopped.

Harry turned toward Hermione, but Hermione looked at the ground. She didn't know what exactly to do in this situation. Should we kiss, should we hug, what?

"I had a lovely time tonight, Hermione," Harry said and Hermione looked into his eyes. She loved them and they made her feel so calm and serene.

"I did too. Thank you so much for taking me out," Hermione replied back.

"Well it won't be the last!" Harry stated to her and Hermione's face lit up. Harry thought she couldn't have looked more gorgeous.

"Well, goodnight Hermione," Harry said and he found himself not moving. Hermione was still gazing into his eyes.

They both found their heads moving slowly towards each other. Hermione didn't know what to think, her mind was blank.

Harry had lost complete control of his body. He found himself drawing nearer to Hermione and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

As they were so close, their noses were almost touching; Harry leaned in for the kill. Their lips met in an explosive manner, yet it was as gentle as a baby's touch. Harry didn't push the kiss, only letting his lips calmly brush over hers. He stepped back and saw that Hermione's eyes were closed. Her eyes began to flutter open and her cheeks became increasingly red.

Harry smiled down at her and she smiled back. "Goodnight Harry," she said dreamily as she turned the knob to her room and walked in.

Harry watched and waited till the door closed and he let his forehead fall against the door. What was he going to do? He was falling for her, and falling for her hard and fast.

He was amazed that the issue of the bet didn't seem to come into his head that night as he slept. He actually slept peacefully, dreaming of a certain brown-haired angel.

Hermione closed her door and let her head fall against the back of the wood. She had kissed Harry Potter. Her first kiss and it was with the most popular boy in school, not to mention it absolutely blew her away. It was so nice and gentle and she loved how Harry's lips felt against her own.

She smiled a huge smile and jumped up and down a little bit in her excitement. Tonight had been the best night of her life and she hoped more were to come.

Exhausted, she changed for bed and fell onto the warm covers, drifting off to sleep. That night she didn't dream that her parents were still alive, or that she had more friends; she dreamt of a certain raven-haired boy that had captured her heart.

So, what did you think? Let me know by REVIEWING! Stay tuned for the next chapter: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words!