Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hermione's All That by harryherm84
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hermione's All That

harryherm84

A/N: Hey everyone, I am so sorry for taking so long to update. I was out of town for a week and a half and I wasn't able to work on my stories. I hope everyone enjoys this chapter and thanks to all my reviewers! You're the best!

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling

I saw this quote online a few weeks ago and I had to post it. It's great.

(QUOTE ON HARRY/HERMIONE RELATIONSHIP IN BOOKS)- I do think so. JKR tried to hint at a possible relationship between Hermione and Ron. And DELIBERATELY tried to change the emphasis off Harry. Knowing, JKR as I do, there's something fishy going on there.... let's not rule

out a relationship between the two of them (Harry and Hermione) just yet.

~Thomas Pardee

Hermione's All That

Ladies Night

Hermione paced around her room, waiting for Lavender to show up. It was Friday, and they had a full night planned just for the two of them.

She straightened up books on her desk, moved her lamps till they were pretty much geometrically centered on the tables as they could be, and fluffed the pillows that occupied the space on her bed.

She was nervous, well nervous was an understatement. She didn't know why she was, she knew it was only Lavender, who had been nothing but kind to her since they met, but she still felt anxiety. She knew it was partly due to the fact that she had never done anything like this before.

Most kids would go to pajama parties when they were young or stay up late and gossip with their best friends, but Hermione never had that luxury. She never had friends in grade school, so she opted to read books and study rather than attend these get-togethers.

While in Hogwarts, she didn't have any friends to chat with, and her roommates often excluded her in their late night talks. Well, if she was being truthful, she had actually excused herself from these talks, but she always listened to what they had to say.

They would talk about numerous things; fashion, teachers, gossip, but the biggest topic was boys, and on that the topic of boys, Harry Potter's name was mentioned quite a few times.

She always perked up when the boy-who-lived was addressed between her roommates. She was able to hear everything about him including who he was dating, when they broke up, and who he might like. His ex-girlfriends and dates he had been on ranged from Susan Bones of Hufflepuff to Padma Patil of Ravenclaw to Cho Chang of Gryffindor.

Hermione remembered that Harry dated quite a few, but nothing ever lasted long. When Harry and Cho began dating, everyone thought they had found actual love, people even called them soul-mates. Out of all of Harry's relationships, the one with Cho lasted the longest, and that was for about a year.

Hermione never really thought they looked good together, but she never voiced her opinion. Even if they would listen to her, which they probably wouldn't, they would all be so shocked to learn that Hermione Granger thought about something other than books.

Hermione was just like every other teenage girl in the world. She thought about boys; she would think to herself who was hot and who wasn't. She could distinguish if a guy had a good body or not through his clothes, but that wasn't all that mattered to her. She wanted a guy with brains and personality, and for some reason she always saw that in Harry.

Hermione had been infatuated with Harry ever since she arrived at Hogwarts six years past. He just had this way about him that drew people to him. In the beginning she remembered the lost look that occupied his eyes, but in third year that changed when he gained Sirius Black in his life.

She was amazed when she heard the story about the killer who escaped from Azkaban to hunt down Harry only to turn out being framed and he was really Harry's godfather.

Hermione remembered that change. Harry seemed to walk a little taller, a little more confident, and his eyes sparkled with happiness. She knew Sirius was good thing for Harry to have in his life.

But not only did it help, it seemed to push Harry further into the popular crowd, and with that came ego. Harry's head began to swell and she knew that he just wanted to be popular, or how Neville put it, one of "them".

Hermione was upset when she saw Harry with Cho and Draco. At first, when they would mock her, Harry would just laugh and Hermione thought maybe Harry wouldn't actually be like them, but she was wrong. Soon Harry began throwing the insults and Hermione hated it. She missed the old Harry that once lived inside, the one who was now buried under the new and improved Harry Potter.

Improved, ha, yeah, Hermione would think. Harry was going downhill and she figured that it would be like this until they left school, and maybe even after, oh but how she was wrong.

Just by accepting to help Harry in Astronomy, everything changed. She now saw the former Harry coming out and she loved it. The boy she used to admire as a kid was now back and it was partly her doing.

She smiled to herself, thinking about all that her and Harry had done in the last few weeks. She was having fun and she knew more was on the way.

A knock at the door snapped Hermione from her thoughts. She walked over and opened the door. There stood Lavender, a bag thrown over her shoulder, a case of butterbeer in her hand, and a pizza in the other.

Hermione smiled at the girl. "So are you just going to stand there and look pretty or are you going to let me in?" Lavender commented.

Hermione moved aside for Lavender to come in and chuckled at her friend. "Glad to see you could make it."

Lavender walked to the bed and sat down the pizza and her bag. She laid the drinks on the floor and turned back to Hermione. "What? Didn't think I'd show?" Lavender asked, smirking.

Hermione moved over to her bed and sat down. "No, I didn't think that. I knew I could count on you," Hermione replied.

"Well it's good to hear that, because you can," Lavender commented. She grinned and clapped her hands together. "So, are you ready to begin our night?"

Hermione nodded and Lavender grabbed her bag. She opened it and said, "I brought a lot of different things for us to do. We have magazines to read." She pulled out a huge stack of magazines. "We can give each other make-overs and do our hair." She pulled out a makeup case, a set of hot-rollers and a curling iron.

Hermione was a bit confused. "Lavender, why do you have hot rollers and a curling iron? I thought you were pureblood, how would you know about this stuff?" Hermione asked, picking up the curling iron.

"I am pureblood, but at home, we are allowed to do magic and I hate having to ask my mom to always fix my hair for me, so I bought these things. And they aren't muggle things, they're really magic. See the hot-rollers, you just put to a piece of your hair and it automatically rolls it up for you, and the curling iron works by itself and it curls instantly!" Lavender explained.

Hermione smiled at Lavender. "This is all great Lavender, but I guess I just wanted to tell you that fashion and cosmetics are just not me. I like how I look and I don't care about wearing make-up."

Lavender smiled back at Hermione. "Hermione, I know, and I am not saying to change who you are. You don't have to start wearing makeup, but sometimes it's fun just to glam up with the girls!" Lavender exclaimed. "I also have this wizard radio where we can listen to music. And I know you don't know much about wizard music, but it picks up muggle songs too, some of them I really like."

Hermione surveyed all the different things scattered on the bed and smiled to herself. I'm lucky to have a friend like Lavender. She looked up to see Lavender shuffling through her magazines. "Thanks Lavender," Hermione said.

Lavender looked at her with gave her a look of confusion. "For what?"

"For being here; for doing this with me," Hermione said to her.

Lavender laid down the magazines and walked in front of Hermione. "Listen Hermione, you are a great person and I'm your friend. This may be the first, but it won't be our last girl's night. I'm here to stay!"

Hermione nodded her head and smiled. "So, what do you want to do first?" Lavender asked.

"How about eating that pizza. I'm dying of starvation!" Hermione said and Lavender laughed.

"Good idea," Lavender replied and they both began eating away at the pizza.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry, Ron, and Draco sat at their table, downing pint after pint of butterbeer. The Three Broomsticks was pretty crowded, but Harry didn't really notice. His mind seemed to be elsewhere, focused on a certain young lady still at Hogwarts. He knew she was with Lavender, having a girl's night, but he missed her.

He had grown accustom to being around her and he was surprised at how much her absence seemed to affect him. He was amazed at himself for becoming so attached to Hermione. He hadn't meant to, it just happened, but it felt so right. He never felt as good as he did when he was with Hermione when he was with any other girl.

He was surprised at himself for never really taking notice in Hermione other than the fact that she was the biggest geek in the school. He began to question who he was as a person. The way he had lived his life before now seemed to be an act, he hadn't really stopped to think about how he had treated everyone.

He felt bad for how he used to mock Hermione. Now that he had a chance to know her, she was great, probably one of the best people he had ever met in her life, and he had made fun of her, laughed in her face. Just like everyone still did now. It almost made him sick to his stomach to think of how he treated Hermione.

He pushed the thoughts from his mind, trying to think that it was in the past and obviously Hermione had gotten over it, so why dwell on it. But in the back of his mind he knew it was still there, eating away at his conscience.

Ron slapped Harry on the back and grinned. "So what do you think Hermione and Lavender are doing now?"

Harry smiled. "Lavender's probably telling horrible stories about you to Hermione."

Ron chuckled. "Yeah, you're probably right, but who knows what she's saying about you," Ron replied.

Harry looked up and noticed that Draco was gone. "Where's Malfoy?"

Ron raised his glass toward the far corner. "Over there, trying to pick up another chick," Ron said to Harry.

Harry looked over and spotted the familiar mop of blond hair leaning against the wall. Harry could see his trademark smile etched on his face. His ego could almost knock everyone in the room down it was so big.

He was chatting with a girl who looked to be about a year younger. Harry had seen her around Hogwarts, but he couldn't really remember her name. She was fairly pretty with long, blond hair, but she was no Hermione. Wait, where did that come from?

Harry shook his head and looked down at the table. He rubbed his hand over his face. These new feelings and thoughts were freaking him out. Never in his life had he felt he needed anyone, but his body almost ached to be near her. What is going on with me?

"Well, looks like Draco lured in another one," Ron said causing Harry to look up. He watched as Draco led the girl through the crowd and out the back door.

"I wonder if he will ever learn," Harry commented and Ron turned to him.

"Who knows, but enough about Malfoy, I want to know what is up with you?" Ron said. He took a swig of butterbeer and set his glass on the table.

Harry arched his eyebrow. "Me?" Harry said, confused. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean, what is going on between you and Hermione?" Ron asked, sitting back in his chair.

"Nothing is going on. You know good and well that I'm doing this because of the bet," Harry said. His gut seemed to clench when he said that. He knew in his heart that the bet was long forgotten in his mind.

"Uh huh," Ron said, smirking. He gave Harry a look and said, "Listen Harry, you and I both know good and well that this is no longer about the bet. So tell me, what's going on?"

"Nothing Ron," Harry said. He couldn't meet Ron's eyes, so he stared into his glass of butterbeer. The drink seemed to swirl and he watched it mix. Suddenly, staring back at him was Hermione. She was smiling and waving. Harry's eyes widened at the sight and he pushed the drink away. I think I've had a bit too much butterbeer tonight.

"Harry, it's not nothing, now spill!" Ron urged.

"What do you want me to say Ron? I mean, Hermione's not as bad as I thought. We got to know each other and we're just friends," Harry said. He looked up to see Ron sitting there with a disbelieving expression on his face. "We. Are. Just. Friends," Harry said slowly, emphasizing each word.

"Well, if you say so," Ron commented and reached for his glass of butterbeer.

"I do say so. Now, can we drop this?" Harry said.

Ron grabbed his drink and said, "Sure," before taking a sip.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lavender and Hermione were both laying on their stomachs on the bed. They had curlers in their hair, mud masks on their faces, and they were both flipping through a magazine.

"Hermione, let's talk," Lavender said as she turned and faced her friend.

Hermione looked up. "What do you mean; we've been talking all night."

"No, I mean really talk," Lavender said.

"Ok," Hermione replied. She closed her magazine and propped her head up to stare at Lavender. "So what do you want to talk about?"

Lavender shifted a bit and looked at Hermione. "Well, tell me what you think about Harry?"

Hermione blushed a bit and smiled. "Well, he's great. He's a wonderful guy and I really like hanging out with him."

Lavender grinned. "Well, are you two a couple?"

Hermione laughed a bit and shook he head. "No, we're just friends. I think Harry is way out of my league."

"Hermione, listen to me. Harry is not out of your league. If you want him, you have to go after him, but don't come on too strong."

"Well, I would love to date Harry, but he doesn't feel that way about me," Hermione said.

"How do you know? Have you asked him or told him how you feel?" Lavender asked.

"No, but I just know. Look at all the other girls he's dated. Cho? Look at her. She's the most popular girl in school, how can I compete with that?" Hermione said. She looked down at her bedspread and began tracing one of the patterns.

"Hermione, listen to yourself. You're bringing up Cho, and if you haven't noticed Cho and Harry are history!" Lavender tried to explain.

"Yeah, but Cho broke up with Harry!" Hermione retorted.

"That may be true, but Harry wasn't happy with her. Cho wasn't right for him, but you are. I haven't seen Harry this happy since, well, in a long time," Lavender told her.

Hermione smiled. "How do I know if I really feel for Harry like I think I do? How do I know it isn't just the concept of a guy liking me and fitting in?" Hermione asked. "How did you and Ron hook up?"

Lavender smiled at the memory. "Well, I've always kinda liked Ron, but I never went for it, I just set my feelings aside. He was dating Parvati at one time and I was just like you. I thought how would he like me if he was dating Parvati? I don't know if you remember, but one day in Potions Ron ended up getting detention and I had come in late that day, so I had detention too," Lavender said.

"Yeah, I do remember that," Hermione replied.

"Too my dismay, Professor Snape allowed me and Ron to serve it together. We had to wash and dry all of the potion bottles in his room; not a fun task, but it wasn't so bad since Ron was with me. We began talking and somehow the conversation got started on him and Parvati. He told me that he really didn't like Parvati because she was a spoiled brat. I told him that he deserved better and before I knew it I had told him what I felt. He was surprised at first, but then he told me that he always kinda liked me too. And here we are now and I couldn't be happier," Lavender finished.

Hermione grinned at Lavender. The story seemed to make Hermione's heart swell. She just wished she had the same kind of story to tell, but she didn't, which brought back the reality of being alone. "Lavender, that's great. I'm happy for you. Ron seems like a great guy and you deserve someone great."

"He is a great guy, but don't you see Hermione, you deserve someone great too. Don't sell yourself short. Harry really is a great person and you bring out the best in him. Just don't be afraid to follow your heart. I wasn't and look at me now!" Lavender said.

Hermione nodded. Maybe Lavender's right, maybe I do have to take a chance.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Thirty minutes later, Draco sauntered back over to the table. His hair was a mess and his clothes were wrinkled and he had a big smile on his face.

Harry and Ron exchanged a knowing look.

"Well fellas, it looks like you two haven't moved all night," Draco said as he sat down at the table.

"Have a nice time taking advantage of that girl?" Harry asked.

"Hey, that girl wanted it just as much as me. She should think her lucky stars that she even had the chance, not many people do," Draco replied, straightening out his cloak.

Ron laughed into his cup of butterbeer. "Not many people do, huh?" he replied. "I think you've been with half the girls at Hogwarts and who knows how many outside."

Harry nodded his head in agreement. Draco had always been like this. He was the school player, but even though his reputation was bad, most girls fawned over him and jumped at the chance to get a piece of him.

Draco had been with so many girls, him and Ron lost count. They ignored it, knowing that Draco wouldn't change no matter what they said. That was him and it would always be him.

It was the opposite for Harry. So many girls wanted him, but he didn't jump in bed with them. He had been on his share of dates, but he always ended it before it got to the "would you like to come to my room" part. In fact, out of everyone he had been in a relationship with, Harry had only been with Cho intimately. He also knew that Ron had only been with Lavender. Draco would often tease them about their sex lives, but Harry didn't care. He wasn't the type to go around and shag every girl that threw herself upon him.

Draco could do whatever he wanted, but that was one thing Harry wouldn't follow.

"Don't knock me down just because you two aren't getting any!" Draco said. "And that gets me to another thing, so Harry how is Hermione coming along? Shag her yet?"

Harry looked up and clenched his teeth in anger. "It's not like that. We're just friends," Harry admitted.

"Oh, well in that case you wouldn't mind if I asked her out, would you? I bet she would be a great fuck, don't you? So innocent and untainted," Draco sneered and Harry lost it.

He jumped up from his seat, leaned over the table and grabbed Draco by he collar. "Don't you dare touch her!" Harry seethed.

Draco smirked. "Why not? If you don't, then I can! You don't own her!" Draco yelled back.

Harry yanked Draco out of his seat and pulled his fist back, ready to strike, but Ron interfered. He pulled Draco from Harry's grasp. Draco shoved Harry back and moved away from the table.

"Get away from me asshole!" Draco shouted.

Harry balled his fists up. He wanted to punch the living daylights out of Draco.

"You know, I'm sick of this," Draco said, smoothing back his hair and clothes. "I'm sick of everyone worshipping the ground you walk on. I made you what you are. You wouldn't be where you are today if you weren't friends with me. This is it! This is one bet you are going to loose!"

With that, Draco turned and stalked out of the Three Broomsticks. Ron turned to look at Harry, who was still staring at the door, face as red as fire and nose flaring.

"Harry, mate, calm down," Ron said as he ushered Harry to a seat. He pushed him into a chair.

"Ron, I swear to god if he touches Hermione…" Harry said too mad to finish his sentence. He couldn't believe Draco had said that to him.

"You know how Malfoy is, all talk. He won't do anything, and if he does, Hermione is smart enough to see through his act."

Harry got up from his seat. He needed to walk, clear his mind. "Listen, I need some fresh air. I will see you tomorrow," Harry said as he walked to the door not waiting for Ron's reply.

He walked toward the lake and sat down. The cool air rushed by his face, calming him.

What is going on with me? Why do feel like this toward Hermione? Why is it so hard for me to let go?

Harry ran a hand through his hair and began the trip back to his dorm. He knew tonight he wouldn't be getting any sleep.

You know the Drill REVIEW! And Stay Tuned for the Next Chapter: Underneath the Stars!!!