Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Moon by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Moon

RowlingIdol

Chapter 21

Nellie finished her popcorn string. Voldemort had sung many love songs. Draco and his friends constantly sniggered while he sang the `Thong' song. (okay, so the song wasn't out then. Deal with it)

"Master! I'm finished!" Nellie called. The singing stopped and Voldemort hurried into the parlor.

"Good girl. WORMTAIL!" barked Voldemort. "String this up! And don't let the young boys eat it." Crabbe's stomach rumbled loudly.

"Follow me, my dear." Voldemort said, his eyes narrowing into evil slits. Nellie followed him, rubbing her right forearm. She led her into the showing room.

"What do you want to show me, Master?"

"Everything!" Voldemort said, raising his arms in front of the black wall. The smoke began to swirl again.

"Sit." He pointed to his throne. Nellie sat.

"My dear, sweet, Miss Potter. Do you know why Harry hasn't suspected anything about you yet?" He began to pace between her and the wall.

"No, Master."

"I'll tell you. You are sworn to secrecy."

"Yes Master."

"When I was old. Older than your late parents, I had discovered the way to see into the past and future. With this. The Spectacle of Cigam.

"I saw Harry. In my future. He was only about 15 or so. Lily and James still lived, but they protected him and I had no way of winning. Several people against me. I saw myself being defeated. The thing I knew I must do (why am I listening to a song called `Make you Happy' typing this? Go figure) was kill him. Harry was born and his Godfather was your parents secret keeper. He knew somehow he would be probably found out, so he contacted an old friend. Peter. Otherwise known as Wormtail. He acted innocently for about 4 months before bringing me to your house. You had been a few weeks old then.

"There was nothing wrong with you. There was something…. Strange. Not odd, strange. Just… strange. If I killed Lily, James, and Harry, but saved you, I knew I would find you later in the future, bringing you into my alliance. That way my chances of finally defeating Harry Potter are slim to none." Voldemort turned and faced Nellie. He drew out his wand and Nellie shrank back in the chair.

"But… If it so happens, I am defeated. I have made plans for heirs. So they can be brought up to take over my place and finally KILL Harry…."

"Do you understand, my dear?" Voldemort said.

"Yes…. Master."

"Good. Good girl." Purred Voldemort. He slowly began twisting his wand, and purple squiggly lines flowed out of it. It looked like wavy streams of gas. Nellie stared wide eyed at them as they seemed to be sucked into her gut. There was a sudden pain in her stomach, like someone had punched her. Nellie gasped.

"Nellie, you will kill your brother along side with me." Voldemort whispered before Nellie blacked out.

Harry closed the portrait hole shut. It was dark in the common room. His hair was wet with melted snow. His jacket was crisp with cold. He flung his ice ridden scarf and his jacket onto the floor near the fire to be de- frosted. He sat down and sighed. Cho was really gone now. But he still felt strange. He had a feeling this wouldn't be the last time he saw her. Harry looked towards the girls staircase. He wondered if Hermione was still furious with him. It wouldn't hurt…. Would it? (yay! He gets to go up there again!) The first year, fourth, and fifth year dorms were all emptied. 2 girls slept in the 3rd and one alone in the 2nd. Ginny was in the 6th. Hermione was alone. Harry smiled softly in the dark. He didn't have to worry. He tapped on the door. There was sound of movement. Harry tapped again. The door was opened a peek.

"Hi." Harry whispered. Hermione opened the door wider, her eyes shining in the snowy moonlight streaming through the window.

"Harry? Is it really you?"

"Who were you expecting? The Bloody Baron?"

"No! I'm…."

"You're what?" Harry asked.

"Come… in." Hermione said. She lit a candle and there was more light in the dorm. Harry walked in the room. Hermione was in her bathrobe. Crookshanks was occupying Pavarti's bed. Hermione went over to her bed and set the candle down. She sat on her bed. Harry sat beside her.

"Harry. I'm sorry about how I've acted." Hermione said, her head hanging.

"No, Hermione. I'm sorry. I know now who I care for most." Hermione sniffed.

"Oh." Hermione wiped away a tear. "That's what I was afraid of."

"That I love you?" Harry asked.

"You… you do?"

"Yes." Harry took Hermione's chin in his hand. He sat Indian style on Hermione's bed. Hermione did the same.

"I was afraid, something would happen between you and Cho. I was afraid you would like her more than me. And I loved you too much for that to happen."

"You did too?" Harry asked.

"Mmm hmm." Hermione smiled weakly.

"Hey Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Yes?"

"What do you want for Christmas?" Hermione giggled softly.

"What's there to get? Hogsmeade is closed. And I believe it takes a while to get to the nearest Muggle town to do any shopping."

"Well, what would do if you got something?" Harry pressed on.

"I would like it… depending on what it was. Harry, what are you getting at?"

"Nothing." Harry said. "Nothing at all. But tell me, what do you want for Christmas?"

"Harry." Hermione said. "All I want for Christmas… is you."

* la la la! All I want for Christmas is YOOOOOOOOU! YOUUUUUUU! BABY! I won't even wish for snow. All I want for Christmas is YOU!*

Meanwhile, four werewolves were having a furious snow fight in the Forbidden Forest.

"AAAAAAAH! Gotcha!" Ron yelled as he pounced on Leila.

"Get off of me!" Leila playfully snapped at Ron.

"Cannonball!" Thor yelled and tumbled down the snowy hill. Lupin stayed atop one of the snow forts Leila and Ron had made during the day.

"Hey Pro-R.J! Come and have some fun!" Ron called.

"And get off the Love Shack!" Leila added, she grinned, her wolfish fangs gleaming. Lupin hopped down from the fort, growling. Leila turned around and whapped Ron in the face with her tail.

"So. What did you get me for Christmas? I'm really glad you get to stay here for vacation. I missed you when you were at school."

"What… What did I get you?" Ron asked. "Er…"

"That's okay. I didn't get you anything either." Leila shrugged her furry shoulders.

"I know what I can give you though!" Ron teased (or did he?). Leila began to chuckle, sounding like a loud whimpering dog. Ron leaned his head back and howled.

"Ehhhhhhhhh? Wasss that???????" (okay. I am making fun of Argus Filch in the Hp Sorcerer Compu Game. He said that a bunch when I sneaked around him in the library. He got really annoying, so here's some humor. Beware!!!!! I was in a weird mood that day.) Argus Filch muttered. He was outside bundled up shoveling snow. He was doing the back while Hagrid did the front. He had heard a strange howl. Was it a werewolf?

"My sweet!" Argus Filch said to Mrs. Norris who was dressed in a kitty sized sweater and booties and a hat with hole for her ears.

"Miau?"

"Did you hear that, Mrs. Norris?"

"Meow!"

"Do you believe it is a werewolf? Why don't you go see. If you come back and report to me, I'll give you a Friskie's treat!"

"Mew!" Mrs. Norris scampered off.

"What happened?" Professor Midrigge demanded. Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle brought in an unconscious Nellie.

"I don't know. Master took her away to talk to her and the next thing we knew, he was storming back in, yelling at Wormtail…"

"I know who Wormtail is, Mister Malfoy. Continue."

"Okay. He was yelling at him to tell him why she fainted. I think he used some spell, since he was saying, "You suggested creating that spell! So I did! You told me it was fool-proof! Look what happened!". And then he ordered us to bring us back. We couldn't go to Dumbledore or to the Gryffindor tower, so we came here."

"It's a good thing you did." Professor Midrigge said. She carried the girl into her own bedroom, connected to her office and laid her on the bed. She started a fire in the fireplace and sat the three boys in chairs.

"You are nearly frozen to the bone." She said. She conjured up more chairs, blankets, and hot chocolate. Malfoy and his friends sat down in the chairs. There was quite a long silence.

"Why?" Draco asked. "Why did you have to come and know everything?" he asked Professor Midrigge.

"There are some things I feel obliged to do. If you kept your heads on straight, you would know I was doing a great favor to all of you?"

"What? Making our Master dance around singing `I like it when she's shaking in that thong, Oooooooo WEEEEEEE!'? Do you call that a favor?" Professor Midrigge blushed.

"He was saying that?" Crabbe and Goyle nodded.

"Well. For your information, I do not wear a thong." The boys blushed.

"Uhhhhnn." Everyone looked over at Nellie, who was stirring in the bed.

"Nellie? Nellie? Are you all right? Can you hear me?" Professor Midrigge asked.

"Uhhhhh. I…. I don't feel so good." Nellie moaned.

"Did he poison her?" Professor Midrigge asked. "I can not sense what is wrong with her. Not yet."

"I don't think so." Malfoy stood up, hugging his blanket close to him.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Nellie groaned again.

"Is it PMS?" Crabbe asked.

"How do you know about that?" Draco asked, horrified.

"Um…….." Crabbe responded.

"I don't think so." Professor Midrigge said. "We'll take her to Madam Pomfrey---"

"Oh Miss Midrigge!!!!!!!!!!" Trilled a voice.

"Snape!" Goyle rasped. Sure enough, it was Snape's happy go lucky voice was coming through the office door.

"I believe you are holding a few of my students captive in there!!!!!" he sang.

"It's okay, Professor!" Draco called. "We were helping her with grading some papers." The door opened. Nellie was sitting up, holding her head and breathing heavily. Snape was wearing some silky black shirt with dress pants. He was holding his coat.

"My! Did I not receive an invitation to the party?" He asked cheerfully.

"Did you need something, Severus?"

"Why yes. Mister Filch wants the teachers to construct a werewolf search."

"A…. There are NO werewolves in the forest, Severus. You may go tell Mister Filch that." Professor Midrigge said quickly and loudly.

"If you say so. You DO know everything." He smiled at her.

"Not everything." Malfoy said. He looked at Nellie. Nellie was unsteadily getting to her feet. She walked towards the door, Professor Midrigge holding onto her arm. Nellie was going to edge around Professor Snape when---

"Hooooooooorgh!" (okay. I don't know what it sounds like when someone pukes. I haven't puked for ages). Throw up splattered on Professor Snapes shirt.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Snape screamed like a girl.

"My Liz Claiborne shirt! It's ruined!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!" he ran off.

"Uhhhhhhhn. Told you I didn't feel good." Nellie told Professor Midrigge. However, Professor Midrigge was being to be suspicious.

Mrs. Norris trotted through the forest, unhappy she was in these dumb kitty clothes and sent to find werewolves. Far enough up the hill, Mrs. Norris heard a noise to her right. She had barely had enough time to turn around when a gray werewolf pounced on her.

Note: Is it the end of Mrs. Norris? Let's hope. Here annoying kitty, kitty, kitty! What is wrong with Nellie? *warning: some people may not approve of what is wrong with her, so please don't hate me. You'll find things get better* And what is Snape doing wearing Liz Claiborne? My mom wears that stuff! Stay tuned for Chapter 22.


-->