Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Moon by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Moon

RowlingIdol

Chapter 26

Dedicated to Duke Firefox: Even though it's not a fight against Malfoy and Harry, like you suggested, there still is one with M. involved. And Colleen Abbott: Congrats on your Graduation, and I've added in your favorite couple. :)

"Ah! Hogsmeade at last!" Harry said as they reached Hogsmeade gate, which was Dementor-less.

"Good, my arms were getting tired." Ron muttered, letting Leila down.

"Are you calling me fat?" Leila said, pulling her coat around her tighter.

"No." Ron said.

"Hermione." Harry whispered, his feet protruding from the bottom of the Invisibility cloak. Hermione had fallen asleep during the walk.

"Wake up." Harry whispered. Hermione's eyes slowly peeked open under the cloak.

"We're in Hogsmeade." He said, setting her on her feet.

"How long was I out?" Hermione asked, holding on to Harry's shoulder for support.

"Maybe 10 minutes." Harry said, taking the cloak off of them. He folded it and put it in his coat pocket.

"Look! People!" Ron said, pointing to the Town Square.

"Aren't you observant?" Leila said, taking hold of his hand and dragging him down the street.

"Let's go to the Three Broomsticks." Harry suggested. So they hurried down the just barely deserted street towards the café.

************

"Wow! I can't believe how long its been since we've been here!" Hermione said, sitting down at the front bar with the others.

"Do I hear customers?" said a voice. Madam Rosemerta, came out from the back room, drying her hands on towel.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my favorite customers!" Rosemerta said smiling at the teens.

"I think Hagrid is your favorite customer." Harry pointed out. Rosemerta smiled and leaned an elbow on the counter.

"What can I get you guys? You're old enough for the alcohol if you want." She said winking.

"One please!" Ron said.

"You're not serious are you?" Hermione said aghast. "Alcohol isn't good for you. Just a butterbeer for me, please." She said,

"Same." Harry agreed.

"Do you guys do Frozen Lattes here?" Leila asked. Madam Rosemerta raised an eyebrow.

"You want a cold drink on a cold day?" she said.

"Nevermind. I'll have a… butterbeer too, please." She said. Rosemerta went to the back of the bar. A witch and a wizard around the age of Harry and his friends were in the back. Otherwise than that, they were the only other customers there. Ron stared at the witch for a moment, shook his head, then turned back around.

"My parents are visiting my grandparents over Spring Break. So I'm probably going to stay here." Hermione said, starting conversation.

"Oh! That reminds me." Ron fished around in his cloak and found the letter from Sirius and gave it to Harry. As soon as Harry opened the letter, he stared at Ron.

"So, are you his messenger or something?" Harry asked Ron.

"No." Leila said. "Usually when I drag Ron into Dorset to buy pads we sometimes see that dog." Harry and Ron went red.

"Well. Finally. I won't be at Hogwarts for Spring Break." He said, folding up the letter.

"I won't be here either. Mom wants to meet Leila, so we're going home for Spring Break. Ginny's coming also." Hermione sighed.

"I guess I'll be stuck here with Neville and Nellie then." She said. She leaned her elbow on the table, blowing her hair out of face. Harry thought a moment.

" Maybe you could come to London with me." He said. Hermione looked up.

"Really?" she said.

"Sure." Harry smiled. Madame Rosemerta came back with their drinks. They drank them in silence, enjoying the moment together.

***************

Note: Yes, I AM skipping directly to Spring Break. Too much will be happening during it and after it okay? Just a bunch of homework and class and boring events happen during the time I'm leaving out. So here we go…

Ron unloaded his school trunk, throwing its contents all over the floor. Leila put in the cauldron of the Wolfsbane potion in case they needed it. Lupin had told them that if they could keep the moonlight out from Ron's room, they wouldn't change.

"But it would be best if you did anyways. Not transforming on the night of a full moon can really wear you down." He advised them.

"Are you almost ready?" Harry asked Ron, sitting on his own trunk.

"Just a minute. I have to pack my clothes." Ron grumbled, stuffing things around the cauldron.

"And mine too!" Leila dumped a bunch of lacy panties and shirts on Ron's clothes.

"Leave room for me!" Ron said, now adding jeans and socks. Leila ignored him and added in her makeup bag.

"Aw, look. It's full." Leila said as she dumped in the rest of her clothes.

"Is not." Ron said. He then deepened the bottom of the trunk with a spell from his wand. Ron folded the rest of his clothes and set them neatly on top. Leila closed the lid and locked it while Ron shoved all his school books under his bed.

"Finally." Harry said. Harry levitated his trunk out of the dorm and down the stairs. Ron did the same. Leila put the invisibility cloak over herself and followed them out of the Gryffindor tower.

**********

Hermione and Ginny were waiting outside with the horseless carriages waiting to take them to the Hogwarts Train Station so they could go home. Other students were climbing into carriages, leaving their luggage to be taken to the train separately. Filch was hardly paying attention to the people leaving. He was supposed to be checking off people's names, but was having too much fun playing with his new kitten, Miss Poppy.

"Run along now." Filch said to Hermione and Harry, who stood next to a horseless carriage. Ron helped Leila, who was under the invisibility cloak, into the carriage. Harry and Hermione sprang into the carriage and it lurched off. No one glanced back.

Ginny had stayed behind, standing by her trunk. Someone came up behind her.

"Hey Gin." Whispered the voice. Ginny smiled and reached up to touch the hand that curled over her shoulder.

"Are you going to visit?" Ginny asked the person.

"Only if your dad isn't there. I don't think he would take to me, if he can't even get along with my dad." Ginny giggled. The figure turned her around. A pale hand made it's way up and ran its fingers through her curly red hair.

"I never… thought it would be like this." He voice said. Ginny lowered her head.

"I know." The other hand lifted her chin.

"But everything will be okay. There's still so much you don't know about me. I don't want that to ruin anything." The voice continued, getting softer and softer. Ginny nodded. The figure bent down, white blond hair brushing her face as the figure kissed her gently. With a sweep of black robes outlined in green, the boy left. Ginny stared after him for a while before dragging her trunk to the others. She climbed in the next carriage with some of her other friends. Ginny touched her lips, and slightly smiled beneath her fingers.

*************

"HARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Mrs. Weasley screamed as Harry got off of the Hogwarts train. She grabbed him and gave him a hug.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley."

"We can give you a ride to your house. Ron told me you were going to London."

"Yeah. I have to stop at the Dursley's first." Harry said. But Mrs. Weasley wasn't listening anymore. She was staring over his shoulder at Ron.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! You must be Ron's GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!" she yelled at the top of her lungs and ran at Leila. Several Hogwarts students and their parents or guardians stared at Mrs. Weasley. Leila looked quite pleased that Ron's mother adored her, but wished she would loosen her grip.

"I'm Ron's mother, dear. So nice to meet you." Mrs. Weasley patted Leila on the back.

"All right. Let's go to the car. Percy's waiting for us." Ron rolled his eyes. Harry had just begun to push his cart when Mrs. Weasley stopped.

"Ginny!!!! Where's Ginny?" she cried. Everyone immediately looked around them, calling Ginny's name.

"I think I'm being called." Ginny said to the blonde figure in the green outlined robe.

"Let them wait." The voice purred. The figure planted another kiss on Ginny's lips. The calls got louder.

"They'll find us, you know." Ginny whispered. The figure sighed.

"You're right. I'll see you later… my sweet Virginia." With one last run of his fingers through her hair, he turned and left. Ginny sighed.

"I found her!" Harry yelled. Harry ran towards Ginny.

"Didn't you hear us calling you?" Harry asked, taking her arm and leading her to the others.

"I don't remember." Ginny said in a floaty voice. Ron raised his eyes.

"She sounds high." Leila whispered. Ron nudged her.

"What! She does." Leila crossed her arms. Mrs. Weasley took Ginny from Harry and they walked to the car. Percy was wearing a pair of sunglasses and leaning against another rental car casually. He tipped the sunglasses up when everyone approached, giving Leila the `look-over'. Leila ignored him and tossed her blonde hair over her shoulder so it hit him in the face. Percy looked close to tears. He would never get another girl. Down the freeway, Mrs. Weasley kept asking Leila questions. As they reached the Weasley's house, Ginny spoke up.

"Mom, you can just drop me and our trunks off. And then Ron can drive Harry home." Ginny said innocently.

"Why? Don't you want to go?"

"Well…. The truth is…. One my school friends wanted to come for a visit." Ginny said, going red.

"That's very nice that your friend wants to visit. Who is---" But Mrs. Weasley was cut off as Rocky ran into the driveway, barking his head off. Percy stopped the car and got out. He grabbed the Niffler by his collar and dragged him back to the doghouse in the front yard and re- attached the chain leash. Ron and Leila unloaded their trunk. Mrs. Weasley helped Ginny with hers. Harry and Hermione stood awkwardly outside of the car. Mrs. Weasley situated Leila with tea in the kitchen. She ordered Percy upstairs. Ginny flew around the house fixing up things.

"Now, Hermione. How are you getting home?"

"Well… I don't know really. I was going with Harry to London also…. So…."

"Oh! Well, I don't see why we can't just drop you off at Harry's too." Mrs. Weasley said. Hermione looked at Harry. Harry nodded.

"All right then. Bye Mrs. Weasley. Bye Leila." Hermione said.

"See you!" Harry said. Ron started the car and Harry and Hermione got in the back. The teenagers were quiet during the long drive.

****************

"Mom? When is Dad coming home?" Ginny asked, perched in front of the living room window.

"Not till late. Why?"

"No reason." Ginny said. Mrs. Weasley went into the family room to watch one of her wizard soap operas, leaving Leila to unpack her and Ron's suitcase in Ron's room. All was quiet until Ginny flew into the family room.

"My friend's here." Ginny said. Mrs. Weasley made to get up, but Ginny stopped her.

"It's okay Mom. I'm responsible enough." Mrs. Weasley sank back into the couch, with a soft smile at her daughter.

"All right then." Ginny ran out of the room. The blonde boy got out of the shiny, expensive, car and walked up to the front door. Ginny let him in.

"Is your dad here?" the boy asked.

"Nope. Not until late. Mom's here and Ron's girlfriend is upstairs." Ginny said. The figure's eyebrows rose.

"I didn't know Weas-I mean, Ron had a girlfriend." Ginny laughed.

"Neither did I." Ginny led her friend over to the couch.

"So… uh…. What do you want to do?" Ginny asked.

"I don't know…. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know……….. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know……………….What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. What do you want to---" The figure took her by the shoulders, pushing her into the plush cushions of the couch, kissing her deeply, slick as a snake, with eyes as gray as one. And the House to prove it.

************

Ron pulled onto Privet Drive. Harry took a breath. He opened the car door. Hermione got out the other side. Harry lugged his trunk to the door, Ron and Hermione behind him.

"What? Who's that?" said a voice inside the house. Ron dropped Harry's trunk in fright.

"Fudge hinky doodles!" Ron yelled. Dudley moved into the hallway and stared at the three people in the doorway.

"MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed. Aunt Petunia ran into the hallway, bumping into her son.

"Hi Aunt Petunia. Hi Uncle Vernon. Hi Dudley!" Harry said in a cheerful voice.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" Uncle Vernon roared.

"Just gathering some of my belongings." Harry said calmly, heading up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Why?" Uncle Vernon demanded more fiercely.

"I'm going to London for Spring Break." Harry called over his shoulder. Uncle Vernon directed his attention to Hermione and Ron who smiled.

"And who are you?"

"Um…." Ron said.

"We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints." Hermione made up, hoping her plan worked.

"Ah!!!!" Aunt Petunia said. "Won't you come in for a cup of tea?" she offered. Hermione and Ron followed Aunt Petunia into the kitchen.

"So nice of you to drop in." She said. Hermione weakly smiled. Ron and Hermione got a good look around the house. It was very neat and clean, just as Harry had described it.

"This is our son, Dudley." Aunt Petunia said, nodding to Dudley.

"May the force be with you." Ron said, saying the first thing that popped into his mind. Dudley grinned stupidly. Uncle Vernon burst into the kitchen, grumbling.

"Missionaries, eh?" He said, he sat down at the table and snapped the morning's newspaper in his face and began to read. There were stomps on the stairs as Harry came down.

"Ron? Hermione?" Harry called. Aunt Petunia stopped pouring tea, Dudley stopped grinning, Uncle Vernon lowered his paper. Everyone in the kitchen stared at Hermione and Ron.

"Oh! Look at the time." Ron said, glancing at his coat sleeve. They ran out of the kitchen. Aunt Petunia fainted in the kitchen. Dudley began to scream and clutched his bottom. Harry pulled his trunk out the door and slammed it behind him. Ron and Hermione were already in the car. Harry threw the trunk in the car, making the car rock. Harry jumped in the passenger seat.

"Floor it!" Harry yelled.

"Where to?" Ron yelled back.

"Take us to the nearest `Rent-a-Car' lot." Harry said.

"Wait Harry. We can go to my house. I'm sure the Buick will be there. My parents probably took the Mini-Van." Hermione said. Ron slowed the car once they were off of Privet Drive.

"All right." Ron said.

***********

"Wow." Harry said as Ron pulled into the driveway of 816 Chaparral Drive. Hermione's house was a small brown ranch with brown bricks and bushes lining the front. Hermione punched in a code on a key box attached to the garage to open it.

"Wicked……." Ron muttered. Sure enough, there was a black Buick in the garage. Hermione opened the car door and checked the ignition. Her forgetful father had left the keys in it. Harry dragged his trunk to the car, then Hermione's.

"Thanks Ron. Sorry about the scare the Dursley's gave you." Harry said.

"It's all right. I should head home now." Ron said goodbye to Harry and Hermione and drove back to the Burrow.

**********

Ron opened the front door with a click. He slipped his jacket off and threw it on the floor.

"Hey Weasley." Said a voice.

"MALFOY!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUDGE HINKY DOODLES ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE????????" Ron screamed.

"Shut up, Ron! Don't bring Mom in this." Ginny said, leaning around Draco.

"GINNY!" Ron yelled more. Ron lunged at Malfoy.

"If you lay one hand on her, I'll swear I'll…" Ron shook his fist in Malfoy's face.

"Ron. Stop it now." Ginny said, getting to her feet.

"Its okay, Virginia." Draco said, also standing up.

"WHY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ron flung himself on Malfoy.

"Stop it! Stop it!" Ginny yelled, crying, as her brother and her boyfriend tackled each other, landing punches wherever their fists landed. Mrs. Weasley ran into the living room, Leila bounded down the stairs, Percy poked his head out of his room, and Rocky skidded into the house, muddy and barking extremely loud.

"Ron!" Mrs. Weasley yelled. Ron look up, his elbowed placed around Malfoy's head in a headlock.

"Let that boy g--… A MALFOY!!!!!!!!!" Mrs. Weasley said when she saw the white blonde hair.

"Get him Ron!" Percy yelled.

"STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ginny screamed. Rocky ran back outside. Ron let go of Malfoy and shoved him. Ron had scratches on his face and Malfoy wiped blood from his bottom lip.

"I demand to know what you're doing here." Mrs. Weasley said, jabbing a finger at Malfoy. Leila backed away and began cooing over Ron's boo-boos.

"Mom. This is Draco Malfoy. He's the friend that was coming to visit me today." Ginny, said, folding her arms, giving her mother a hard stare. Mrs. Weasley lowered her finger.

"Well." She said, putting her hands on her apron. "Since your father's not here, he can stay for dinner. As long as no fights break out." Mrs. Weasley threw Ron and Draco both looks.

"Thanks Mom!" Ginny said, giving her mom a hug. Ginny took Draco's hand.

"Come on. I'll clean you up." Ginny said to him. Ron almost gagged.

Note: YEA!!!!!!!!!! Chapter 26 is done! That means that I need to start 27!!! And if I offended anybody with the LDS joke in this fan fic, deal with it. I didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings with it. Thanx!


-->