Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Moon by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Moon

RowlingIdol

Chapter 22

Lupin came back shortly after he had gone to `hunt down an elf'.

"Ewwwwwwwww! What's that smell?" Leila screeched, burying her nose in her paws.

"And what's that pink stuff in your teeth?" Ron asked.

"Did you bring me some?" Thor questioned.

"Shut up. We must cover up our tracks and get inside the cabin." Lupin commanded.

"Why?" Leila timidly asked.

"Hey." Ron stepped towards Lupin. "That looks like…. Mrs. Norris' dumb little kitty clothes! You didn't…… WOW! That's so COOL! You ate Filch's cat!!!!!!"

"Who's Filch?" Leila immediately demanded.

"This old dumb caretaker. He gave me detention for smiling too big on a day he was in a really bad mood."

"Oh." Leila said, apparently still confused.

"You ATE a CAT?" Thor gasped.

"Hey. It's hard to see. Besides, I was hungry." Lupin shrugged his shoulders and stalked off, his tail flopping side to side.

"You sure he was just `hungry'?" Ron asked Leila, getting another of his goofy wolfish grins. She giggled again. They followed Thor into the cabin. Ron shut the door with his hind foot. The cabin was suddenly drenched as the four animals shook out their cold, wet fur.

"Christmas tomorrow." Thor announced.

"We didn't hang our stockings." Leila pointed out.

"What are we going to get? Chew toys?" Ron asked.

"I was hoping for some Beggin' Strips." She admitted. Thor gruffly laughed as he jumped into his bed.

"Goodnight everyone!" Ron said, snuggling up next to Leila on their mattress.

"Sorry about that Professor." Nellie said to Professor Midrigge. Nellie was sitting on one of the hospital beds in the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey was poking and prodding her.

"It's all right dear. Professor Snape did take the damage of his shirt a bit too hard." Ophielus smiled at Nellie. Then she went back to trying to confirm what was wrong with Nellie with her powers.

"When was the last time you had the flu?" Madam Pomfrey asked.

"Um…. About 3 years I think."

"Well, there isn't a flu going around. It's usually after the students come home." Madam Pomfrey told Professor Midrigge.

"Can you give me any clue of what is wrong with her?" Ophielus pressed on.

"I have an idea…" Madam Pomfrey nervously said. "But there hasn't been a case like this ever since…. Since…. Well, the good old days."

"When we all were hippies?" Professor Midrigge smiled. Madam Pomfrey blushed.

"You had the greatest beaded necklaces!" They started going back to `the good old hippie days'. Madam Pomfrey suddenly cleared her throat.

"Yes. Like I was saying, there hasn't been a case since then."

"What?" Nellie anxiously asked. Both of the women stared at Nellie.

"She looks pale." Madam Pomfrey concluded. "Tell me dear, do you feel weak?"

"Well, after chucking up most of my dinner, I should say so." Nellie said.

"I think we need to have a nice chat with Dumbledore." Madam Pomfrey said. "He might know… but if it's what I think it is…. Maybe Professor McGonagall would be better. Yes, follow me, Miss Vonwit."

"Well!" Professor McGonagall twittered when the three arrived in front of her office. "It's a good thing Argus had us all up! Or I would not tolerate this!" But she still smiled.

"Found the `werewolves' yet, Minervra?" Ophielus asked.

"No. But now Dumbledore, Professor Flitwick, and Hagrid are on the search for Mrs. Norris." Professor McGonagall held open her office door wider and let them in. She situated them all in comfy chairs.

"What brings you here? Having a midnight Kitchen raid, Miss Vonwit?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"No." Nellie mumbled.

"Minervra." Madam Pomfrey spoke up. "Nellie is… ill. I'm not quite sure what." Madam Pomfrey went on to explain Nellie's temperature and other remedies.

`Just a little longer…' Professor Midrigge thought. Her powers pushed to scan something, anything, that would let her know what was wrong. She could feel a force, but she had to keep trying.

"What did you have for dinner, Miss Vonwit?" McGonagall asked.

"I had um, some chicken. And a salad. Some popcorn. And milk. Oh, and some orange slices too." Nellie said.

"That doesn't sound like that would cause a stomach ache."

`Ah ha! What the…..'

"Professor, I have confirmed Nellie's problem. But you must SWEAR, under the Order of Merlin, not to tell anyone outside of everyone… Poppy, will you please excuse us? I will inform you later… in this room." Professor Midrigge was on her feet now, her hands pressing on McGonagall's desk. Madam Pomfrey slowly got up and left the room.

"Well, Ophielus? What is it?"

"Nellie's pregnant."

"Harry?" Hermione asked. They were both lying on their backs on Hermione's bed.

"Hmmm?" Harry asked.

"Did you mean it?"

"Mean what?"

"That you loved me?"

"Of course I did!" Harry rolled over and propped himself up on an elbow. "Why?"

"Just curious."

"Hermione, let's not talk about this again." Harry rolled back over. Hermione sat up.

"All right. I'm sorry." She apologized. "Harry?"

"Hmmmmmmmmm?" Harry said.

"What do you think is going to happen? With Voldemort?"

"I don't know." Harry thought a moment. "I don't think even Professor Midrigge knows. I guess we just have to go along with the flow of time and see how things end up."

"Time? Harry, how can you even talk about TIME? There are full moons every night. And because I pay good attention in Astronomy, I know a lot about full moons."

"Rather than they are the cause of the transformation of werewolves?"

"Yes." Hermione snapped. "Do you realize, that 4 months has gone by within only 2 months? The full moons have messed up time within the wizarding world! There is no telling what time will bring. Not now." Hermione lay back. Harry scrunched up to her.

"You're right. I think I should head back. Santa doesn't visit naughty boys who sleep with their girlfriends." He tapped Hermione's nose teasingly (I HATE YOU CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Hermione smiled.

"G'night, Hermione. Merry Christmas." Harry got up off the bed and headed out of the Girl's Dorm.

"PREGNANT?" McGonagall shrieked. "How? What? She doesn't seem like the type… You need to have a talk with your nephew, Ophielus." Professor McGonagall glared at Professor Midrigge.

"Will you calm down Minervra? Wait, I take that back. Nellie, I believe you have a lot of explaining to do." Ophielus rested a hand on Nellie's shoulder. Nellie burst in to sobs as she lifted up the sleeve of her robe on her right arm.

"AHHHHH!" Professor McGonagall screamed when she saw the dark mark. Nellie's tears dropped onto the mark, each of them fading away in a puff of evaporated water and salt.

"What?"

"When…. I was in Slytherin. Malfoy…"

"Malfoy? Is he…." McGonagall asked.

"Yes. And Crabbe and Goyle." Nellie pulled down her sleeve and wiped her face.

"Continue." Professor Midrigge said.

"Well. He invited me to this party in Hogsmeade. I didn't know it was closed. But when I went there, HE was there."

"What does he look like?" McGonagall pressed on.

"Evil." Was the only word Nellie would say. "But he took me aside, and…. And….. I'm Harry's sister." Nellie burst into sobs again, the sobs racking her body.

"Calm down honey." McGonagall said. "You'll hurt yourself." She stared at Nellie's stomach.

"Explain this."

"I….." Nellie wouldn't talk.

"It's okay dear." The women said.

"We…. Had to…*sniff* decorate. And…. He took me aside again, and talked…. About how…. How he….." She looked at Professor Midrigge.

`liked being evil', Ophielus spoke to Nellie through her thoughts.

"Liked being evil. And if he…. Was ever to die. He would….. have an heir."

"And you……."

"No, Minervra. Voldemort has completed a spell that no other wizard has attempted to do. It is another of the magic Dumbledore may never have. He may, but he shall choose not to. He used the spell on Nellie to make her-"

"That is all I need to know for now." Professor McGonagall said, holding up a hand.

"Is Voldemort planning anything? Tell me. We must know." McGonagall firmly asked Nellie.

"No." Nellie said.

"No?"

"Yes. No. He never speaks of it." There was pause. Then Professor McGonagall sighed loudly and leaned back in her chair.

"Nellie. I don't know what to say. There's nothing I can do with you in this condition now. But I command you to refrain from contact with You- Know-Who unless it comes to a matter between life and death. You will slowly regain your innocence back. You confessed within a good amount of time. Unlike Professor Snape, who had been supporting Voldemort for a long time, will never return." Silence.

"I will inform Madam Pomfrey." Professor Midrigge said. "The spell was very complex. No one but those told and known will see."

"What about… me?" Nellie asked.

"You will come to me with any questions about your condition." Midrigge said.

"Yes'm." Nellie muttered, hanging her head.

"Now you need rest!" McGonagall said, ushering them out of her office. "I will take Nellie up to her quarters. Good night, and a Merry Christmas to you."

"A Merry Christmas to you too." Professor Midrigge said. Madam Pomfrey followed Ophielus down the hall.

`Great. Just great. What a Christmas present I got this year!' Nellie thought to herself.

"Hey!" Leila shook Ron. "Hey! Wake up!" Ron opened his eyes.

"Whassa matter?" Ron mumbled, pulling his thick blankets closer.

"Ron! It's Christmas!" Leila said. She pounced on his back.

"Ow!" Ron moaned.

"It's Christmas! Get out of your Birthday suit and put some clothes on!"

"What for?" Ron said. He sat up and fumbled for his underwear under the blankets.

"Presents!!!!!!!!!!!!" Leila shoved a brightly wrapped box in his face.

"I got presents?" Ron questioned.

"We all did! Lupin got two. He won't say what one of them is though."

"You mean… We all just got one?"

"Well, I got two. Thor got one. You got tons. Seems your friend Harry sent the presents your parents got you over with a school owl. Don't you love my new sweater?" Ron's mouth dropped open.

"Ack! My mom sent you a sweater?"

"Yup! She sent a note with it. I guess Harry told her you had a girlfriend so she sent me a sweater."

"This is SO embarrassing." Ron said.

"I think you look cute in maroon." Leila pointed out.

"You… do?"

"Mmm hmm. You look sexy." Ron blushed.

"Nice to see you're fully awake now." Thor said.

"Morning. What did you get?" Ron asked, pulling on a shirt.

"Some of Dorset's best chocolate. I'll melt some later for hot cocoa." Thor said.

"Dorset? That town we were in?" Ron asked.

"Right." Lupin said, tugging his shirt cuff over what looked like a brand new watch.

"I um… got some fudge from Dorset too." Lupin said.

"And I got a journal. I don't know why though. And the sweater from your mom. Open yours." Ron, fully dressed began to open his presents, sitting on the floor with Leila perching on his shoulder. Ron got another sweater and some socks. Some mince pies and a long letter from home. Most of it was filled out with questions for Ron to answer about his girlfriend. In another box was a Chudly Cannon poster Fred and George had owned themselves, but gave it to him. Then he got some new dragon hide gloves from Charley. Charley said Fred and George wanted to send them a `present' Rocky had left in the kitchen, but Mrs. Weasley considered it unsanitary. Ron laughed. Then he got a letter from Bill and a short note from Percy wishing him Merry Christmas.

"That's my family. I wonder what this is." Ron said, picking up the last box. He opened it. A note labeled : READ FIRST! Fell out. Ron picked it up and began to read:

Ron,

Merry Christmas! I had the opportunity to go shopping in Dorset and buy presents for all of my Hogsmeade defied friends, and their friends too. Hope you enjoy your present. And tell Leila the journal is so she can write letters to and from us at Hogwarts with it. All the best wishes,

Harry.

"Wow! So Harry sent us most of this stuff! Cool! Tell him thanks." Leila said. Ron lifted the paper in the box.

"Oh no." Ron said.

"What?"

"It's his dad's invisibility cloak."

Note: I think I will end there now. Leaves you hanging huh? Well, I'm doing it again! Last time it was New Years and I was eating Christmas Candy and typing what happened on Halloween. Now it's listening to No Doubt, typing about Christmas, when St. Patty's day is tomorrow! Do I have any GREEN? Better check. Stay tuned for Chapter 23!


-->