Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Moon by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Moon

RowlingIdol

Chapter 24

"Where's my Pooki-Pooki?" Voldemort roared, climbing out of the trapdoor on the floor of Professor Midrigge's office. Everything in Hogwarts was tinted an eerie red.

"She's right there, Master." Wormtail pointed. Frozen in front of them. Her hand was outstretched for her wand on the desk, her eyes panicked. The other expressions on her face told them that she knew they were coming, and was going to avoid being frozen.

"Don't touch her." Voldemort said. "If you do, the spell will be broken. We have to find our Death Eaters and tap them only with our wands. They will not disrupt the frozen time." Wormtail stuffed his hands in his pockets so he wouldn't accidentally touch someone. They opened the door. It slowly swung open, being forced against the frozen time. The process was the same with every door.

"Have you acquired the location of the Death Eaters?" Voldemort asked, sidestepping a student frozen in the hall.

"Yes, Master. Nellie is near the entrance hall, on her way out. Young Malfoy and Crabbe and Goyle are heading back from the Great Hall." Wormtail said, glancing at a piece of parchment (used lined paper for gosh sakes! And Bic pens!)

"Good." Voldemort rubbed his hands together, warming them up from the frozen cold of the school. He passed several other students. They reached a group of first years.

"Tch! They should have learned by now you shouldn't pick your nose in public." Voldemort said to Wormtail. Wormtail went red and pulled his finger out before his Master saw.

"Ah! My blushing beauty." Voldemort hissed. Nellie's hand was set on the hand rail. Voldemort drew out his wand.

"Statuellus!" He shouted. Nellie began to fall forward but caught herself in time."

"What?" She said, blinking.

"It is time, my pet. Do you know what day this is?"

"Yes." Nellie said quietly. It's Christmas."

"Well, you can't say it's evening, since the sun hasn't even set." Said a voice. Everyone who was not frozen turned around.

"My darling!" Voldemort yelled. Professor Midrigge was standing with her hands on her hips on the top steps. "I thought you were…"

"My powers kept me from being stalled in the time trap. Fooled you, didn't I, Tom?" Voldemort went red.

"Well. You… you…. Can um…."

"I will take care of Nellie during your rounds about the castle. You know her condition." Ophielus glared.

"I…." Voldemort went REALLY red. "You didn't want to…." He poked his index fingers together and then wrung his hands.

"End of discussion. Come here, Nellie." Nellie almost ran to Professor Midrigge.

"I'll explain later." Ophielus whispered to her. Nellie nodded. Voldemort swept his robes around him.

"I almost forgot about dear Severus. He should have awakened from the spell now. And the same as my Young Death Eaters." Sure enough, there was a loud, "WHAT THE FUDGE HINKEY DOODLES IS GOIN' ON?" from down the hall. Voldemort was there in a flash.

"Do NOT touch the other students!" He yelled at Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle.

"Master! We won't!" The boys said.

"Good. Let's proceed to the dungeons." After waiting for Snape's office door to open, they trooped in. Professor Snape had/was playing chess with Professor McGonagall.

"Minervra! Are you just going to sit there? It's your turn!" Snape said to the stalled Professor sitting across from him. Snape slouched and tapped his foot impatiently for her to make a move, even though it was clear knowledge that she couldn't.

"Severus!" Voldemort said sternly.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Lord save me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Severus wailed and cowered in a fetal position on the floor.

"Get up you mangy dog. We're having our meeting in Professor Dumbledore's office."

Once inside the office, which was so luckily deserted, Voldemort sat in Dumbledore's chair. He propped his feet up on the desk, messing up some important documents. He motioned Wormtail to make sure Professor Midrigge didn't force entry. He hadn't let her in. Wormtail scurried over to the door and guarded it.

"As you all know may know, I plan to lead an attack. I have reinforcements from all over Europe and some in North Africa and the Middle East (no, not Osama Bin Laden). We will gather on the ridge above Hogsmeade. My Time Warp is drying out the land, so it's very desert like. We'll cross over. Of course, Potter won't know about it, so he'll be scared out of his knickers when we arrive with our wands held high." Voldemort sighed, imagining the look on Harry's face. Snape touched up his hair.

"Continuing, we will attack with curses and other useful spells. Tickling charms do not count, Goyle." Voldemort gave Goyle a look, who had just opened his mouth to speak.

"What about the Dementors?" Draco asked.

"They will trail behind. We will wait on the ridge while the Dementors invade the castle and bring Potter and Dumbledore to me." He chucked softly. His plan would not fail.

"All you have to do is meet up with us on the chosen night. Then the moon will be full, to it's greatest extent! It will be so huge it will fill most of the night! All our powers will be greatened by it's celestial POWERS!" Voldemort yelled out the last word. Everyone listening jumped.

"Now. Go." Voldemort hissed. The students left the office.

"Nellie." Voldemort said, getting up from the chair. Nellie stopped. Voldemort walked over to her and cupped her chin in his hand.

"Yes Master?"

"Forgive for the mess I've got you in." he said, laying a hand on her stomach. She tried not to flinch. She wished she would move away. She was wishing so many things right now. She wished she wasn't the great Harry Potter's sister. That way she wouldn't be a device to the meanest man in the entire Wizarding world.

"You understand don't you? If I die, I can not leave without leaving someone in my place to avenge your brother. Ophielus would not cooperate, so I had to take chances."

`Let go of my chin. Let go of my chin.' Nellie thought.

"Do you understand?"

"Yes Master." Nellie whispered.

"By the way. It's a boy." Voldemort said. He strode out of the office. Nellie nearly cried. On the way back outside.

Once Voldemort and Wormtail had left, the spell on Hogwarts was lifted. The kid in the group of first years took his finger out of his nose, and Snape resumed his game of Chess with Professor McGonagall. Leila and Ron were still in the kitchens.

"This is so romantic!" Leila said, cuddling up to him.

"We're sitting on a cold linoleum floor." Ron said.

"It's like a picnic! Isn't that cute?" she said.

"Yeah. It's real cute." Ron smiled at her.

"More tea?" asked a house elf.

"Not now." Ron said, shooing the elf away. Ron swiped the tablecloth off a nearby table and……. Yeah. (Want to play 20 questions? Come on. It's not THAT hard to figure this edited scene out, all right?(

(Here it is. The answer to your un-answered question)

"…. Will you wear this?" Harry asked Hermione. Hermione bit her lip and opened an eye. A silver band stood up in the black foam of the box.

"What is it?" Hermione asked.

"It's a promise ring." (ha! fooled you!) Harry said. "I want you to wear it."

"But why me?"

"Take a wild guess." Harry sarcastically said. "Because I love you, Hermione! I don't want to lose you and I don't want you to lose me."

"Really?" Hermione said.

"Really." Harry kissed Hermione on her forehead and walked up to his dormitory, leaving Hermione alone in the common room.


-->