Unofficial Portkey Archive

Harry Potter and the Final Moon by RowlingIdol
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Harry Potter and the Final Moon

RowlingIdol

Chapter 27

Ron glared at Malfoy over his plate of spaghetti. He shoveled the pasta into his mouth at lightning speed, hardly daring to blink. Malfoy sipped his milk with his pinky up. Mrs. Weasley hated herself for actually beginning to like this boy. He was. polite. In an odd mysterious way. "So. How's school been?" Mrs. Weasley asked, beginning to clear the table. "Fine, thank you." Draco said. Mrs. Weasley smiled when her back was turned. Perhaps, the evil DOESN'T run in the family. "MY school year was good, THANK YOU." Ron said to his mother. Draco rolled his eyes. "That's nice dear." Mrs. Weasley said. Instead of getting into a fight this time, Draco and Ron were having a competition on who was better than the other. "Please, Mrs. Weasley, let me do the dishes for you." Draco said, sliding his chair back from the table. "Oh! You don't have to!" Mrs. Weasley said. "That's Ginny's job." Ginny blushed. "I don't mind." Draco drawled, joining Ginny at the sink. Mrs. Weasley stood back as Draco and Ginny joined together at the sink. Ron picked up his plate and dropped it in the soapy water, spraying Draco with suds. Dishwater dripped down from the tips of Draco's hair. He smirked at Ron. 'I'll get him back, sooner or later.' he thought to himself.

************

Mr. Weasley came home earlier than usual. His mouth nearly dropped to the floor when he found Ginny and Draco playing a card game in the family room, sitting on pillows on the floor. "Hi Dad." Ginny said, not looking up. She could hear her Dad stuttering as he made his way to the kitchen. The ghoul upstairs began to make noises again. "Did you hear that?" Mrs. Weasley said. "You don't think Ron is." "No, no, Molly dear. He wouldn't do that." He assured his wife. "At least I don't think." he added under his breath. Mrs. Weasley sent out a big sigh of relief. "So, did you see Ginny and Draco?" Mrs. Weasley asked, not looking at her husband. "How could I not miss it? They're right in the next room playing cards." Mr. Weasley said. "Molly, how could you let him even IN here?" "Arthur, please just listen to me." Mrs. Weasley said. "He's different than Lucious! He's so polite! And Ginny-" "Ginny! She's in this too!" "They're. Well, my instincts tell me. they're. more than friends." "WHAT????????????????" screamed Mr. Weasley. The ghoul stopped groaning.

"Um. Do you think I should leave?" Draco quietly asked Ginny. "Maybe." Ginny said, turning towards the kitchen door.

"Molly! I---- Molly!" Mr. Weasley said, falling into a chair. "Now, Arthur. I won't hear anymore about it." Mrs. Weasley said. Ginny tapped on the kitchen door and opened it a crack. "Mom?" Ginny said. "What is it dear?" Mrs. Weasley said. "Well, Draco was wondering if he should go home." Ginny said. "Are you proposing that this BOY stay the night?" Mr. Weasley said. "No." Ginny said fast. Mrs. Weasley sighed again. "Don't listen to your father. Draco can stay the night if he wants." Mrs. Weasley left Arthur in the kitchen and ushered Ginny back into the family room.

*************

Ginny didn't want to take a shower. She wanted to keep the smell of Draco on her forever, afraid she would wash away his kisses. There was a tap on the bathroom door. "Who is it?" Ginny called over the steady stream of water flowing from the showerhead. "It's me. I need some soap." Said Draco's voice. "It's on the vanity." Ginny said, glad the clouded glass kept her from view. "I don't see it." Draco called to her. Ginny looked around the shower as she let the water rinse the shampoo from her hair. "Oh. Ron left it in here again." She said, picking up the herbal soap from the soap holder, going redder by the second. Draco also went quiet. The door to the shower slowly inched open. Ginny stretched out her hand and quickly handed him the soap. "Draco.." Ginny said, staring at his arm. "Is that. what I think it is?" she said. Draco suddenly withdrew his hand. Ginny reached out a trembling hand and turned off the shower. "I can explain." Draco said, seriously, passing her a towel. Ginny wrapped it around herself and walked out. It was so sad to look into his gray eyes. "Why." Was all Ginny said. "You don't understand. You won't." Draco said, clamping a hand over his right arm. "Yes I will. If you had only told me." Ginny was close to tears. "Virginia." Draco said. "Is this. going to change anything between us?" he asked. "No. But. You could have told me!" Ginny ran out of the bathroom and into her room. Draco sat down on the toilet, holding his head in his hands. "Hey. You know you can go better with the seat and your pants down." Ron said from the doorway. Draco got up and pressed Ron into the side doorframe with his shoulder. "Don't test me, Weasley." Draco hissed into his ear. Ron stood shocked for a moment, before entering the bathroom and shutting the door behind him. Draco walked down the hall and knocked on Ginny's door. "Gin, can I come in?" he asked. Silence. "Okay." Said Ginny. She was curled up under her bedcovers, her damp hair splayed like blood over her pillows. Draco came in and laid down next to her. Ginny began to sniff. "It's okay. He'll never know. he'll never know."

**************

Hermione glanced at Harry. "You want to stop at the next McDonald's?"

"Hmmm?" Harry said, tearing his eyes away from the landscape whizzing by. "Harry, we're almost to London. Do you want to stop and eat?" Hermione asked again. "Uh, no thanks." Harry said. "All right. What's bothering you?" Hermione asked. "Well, just. wondering." "About what?" "Well, we don't even know where Sirius is going to be? And what if.. Voldemort is nearby?" "Harry, Voldemort is in Hogsmeade. Why in the world would he be in London?" "Oh, I don't know. Just, a hunch." "Don't worry Harry. I think it would be best to stay at the Leaky Cauldron. If we get any word from Sirius, we'll be right in the heart of London, so we'll be able to find him no matter what." Hermione said, pulling into a McDonald's drive through.

*************

"Harry! Good to see you!" said Tom, the innkeeper of the Leaky Cauldron. "Hey Tom. Listen, we're meeting a friend in London for Spring Break. We would like a room." "A room, eh?" Tom said. "Let me see, let me see." Tom looked on the key rack. There was only one key available. "I only have one room left, but I don't think you guys want it." Tom said. "Why not?" Harry asked, looking at the brass key. "Because.." "Yes?" Harry said, leaning over the counter and staring him in the eye. "Because it's the suite." Tom said. Harry leaned back. "Oh. Is that all?" Hermione said. Harry was red. "We'll take it." Hermione said. "I don't care what kind of room it is, as long as we get some sleep." Hermione took the key from Tom and Harry paid him. They picked up their luggage and headed up the flight of stairs to their room.

**********

When Ginny woke up, she felt cold. Draco's warm body was no longer near her. She rubbed her eyes and yanked her fingers through her hair, brushing out tangles. She saw the note on her nightstand. 'Ginny, I had to leave early, today. It was urgent. With all my love, Draco.'

Ginny eyes filled with tears. She knew exactly why he had to leave.

Voldemort stood in front the fireplace in the parlor, his hands clasped behind his back. "How could he." Voldemort muttered. "He's just a boy, Tom." Ophielus said, from the couch. "Um, Master?" Draco said, entering the room. "Young Malfoy. I am very disappointed in you." Voldemort said, turning around sharply. "Master, I-" "You, of all people! Of all the Death Eaters. You had to go and fall in love with that girl!" Voldemort threw his hands up in the air. Professor Midrigge continued to knit on the couch. "Master, let me-" "No! You could have let something slip! My plan could have been ruined! We're so close! Do you know wh-" "No!" Malfoy yelled. "Do you know what I've gone through? Every single damn day, I've woken up miserable. You took over my life. I have to live it in a way that I never thought I would. My dad was in Azkaban because of you! Then you took him out, and it drove me to join you! You'll never take Ginny away from me, never! With her, I can actually wake up in the morning and appreciate myself! She loves me! And I love her! You don't even understand people's feelings!" "That's a lie!" Voldemort spat. "Actually Tom, the boy is right. How do you think Nellie feels?" Professor Midrigge said. "You stay out of this!" Voldemort yelled at her. "I made a deal with the devil. You! And all I get is an empty I.O.U. We'll never gain the power and respect you promised us. And let me tell you." Malfoy stepped ever so closer to Voldemort and jabbed his finger in his face. "There was an angel. She saw through me and appreciated me. No one will ever see through you. Never! NEVER! And no one is going to stop me from loving Ginny! Not you, not ANYBODY!" Malfoy screamed the last word directly in Voldemort's face. "Get. Out." Voldemort hissed through his teeth. "Glady." Malfoy said. "But you'll never stop me." Voldemort added. "What?" Malfoy said, turning back around to face him. "You can say all you want. Spells and Incantations can break my bones, but words will never hurt me. You'll regret this. You will. Mark my words." Voldemort said. He turned his back to Malfoy. There was a long silence. "Then you'll never find her." Draco said, turning on his heel, his robes billowing around his feet.

*********

Harry opened the door to their suite. Every was pure white, as if the entire room was whitewashed in innocent glory. "Harry." Hermione whispered. Harry took her hand. "Don't you think it's lovely!" Hermione asked, letting go and running over to the window. She flung it open and bright light streamed in. The busy streets of London were shown below. Hermione was suddenly quiet as she stood in front of the window. Harry closed the door behind him and set the luggage in front of the large white bed. "Harry. What do you believe?" She asked. "Believe?" "What do you believe in?" Hermione said. Harry walked over to her. "Well, I believe there's a first time for everything." Harry said. "Why?" "I was studying the other day, and the thought just came to me." "Oh." He said. "Do you think we'll find him tonight?" Hermione asked. "Who?" "Sirius." Hermione said. Harry went over and sat down on the bed. "I don't know. We don't even know where he is." "We'll find him, right?" "Of course." Hermione came over and sat down next to Harry. They sat there is silence, watching the night draw closer. "Ow." Harry said. He raised a hand to his head. "My scar. It's hurting again." He said. "Oh no." Hermione said. "That means. No. No! He can't be here!" "Hermione CALM DOWN. We know that he can't possibly be here." "What if he is." Hermione said. "Then we'll be ready." Harry said. Hermione was quiet. "I'm getting ready for bed." She said a minute later and gathered her belongings from the suitcase and headed into the bathroom.

Later that night, Harry awoke with a startling pain on his forehead. Hermione was still fast asleep. Harry paced his breathing so it wouldn't wake her. One hand was draped across his chest, placed over his heart. Harry carefully moved her hand and he got out of the bed. He put his glasses on. Somehow, he felt that it just wasn't his scar that had woke him up. Nor was it the pounding rain outside. It was something else. He swore he could have heard someone scream. He wanted to go and find out. He threw on some clothes, grabbed his wand and exited the room.

************

The rain soon soaked Harry to his skin. His hair was dripping wet. There was no one on the streets. There were no lights. Except for one dim street lamp down the road. Harry quickened his pace towards the light. As he got closer, the lamp flickered once, twice, three times. Before dying. Harry continued to walk. The faint light from the moon didn't help. Harry suddenly tripped. Harry caught himself and felt the ground. There was something there. Not wanting to know, he hurried on, only to trip on something again. It was another cold, lump. Harry got up and stepped over it, only to step on something else. Harry took out his wand. "Lumos." He whispered. The street around him blazed to life. Harry nearly screamed. About a dozen people were lying dead in the streets, all with frightened looks on their faces. Like they had been caught by surprise. Harry knew this mark all too well. "Voldemort." He whispered. He and Hermione had misjudged. He had been here, and murdered all this innocent people. Harry looked at the closest body to him. He sank to the street. "Cho?" he whispered. The pale face, dark hair, and tilted oriental eyes gaped up at the sky, rain falling on her face and sliding down. "Cho. No. No. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Harry yelled, clutching his dead ex-girlfriend's hand. "Why! Why!" Harry yelled, standing up. "Tell me why!" He yelled to the rain clouds. "Why her! Why any of these people! Why do you do this? TELL ME!" He screamed. "Come and get me! I'm right here! Do it! COME AND GET ME!" Harry fell to the ground once, again, crying. He laid there crying, before he heard footsteps. "Harry." Said a deep voice. "Si-Sirius?" Harry said, wiping his face and looking up. "Yes Harry." Sirius Black came into the wand light. He took Harry by the shoulders. "I heard what you were yelling." Sirius said. "So." Harry said. "Harry, don't act like a child. What I have to say to you is very important." Harry looked up into the shadowy face of his Godfather. "In a week, Harry. In a week. The moon will be at its peak of darkness. Then Voldemort will avenge his attack on the wizarding world. You need to be prepared." "How do you know." Harry said. "Lupin told me." "Professor Lupin? How does he know?" "A woman by the name of Ophielus told him. You must gather your forces. Now." "How am I to do that?" "There are plenty of skilled wizards around Hogwarts and some who escaped the wraths of Voldemort who worked for the Ministry of Magic. You must use your time to find them before next week. Trust me." Sirius helped Harry to his feet. "Go back to your room." Sirius said, before changing into a big black dog and trotting off.

Hermione woke up. Harry wasn't in the room. The bathroom door was open, so he wasn't in there. She sat up, wondering where he could be. The sun's morning ray's shone through the crack in the curtains. Maybe he was in Diagon Alley, or out looking for Sirius. Hermione made her way into the bathroom. She smiled. The toilet seat was up and a copy the Daily Prophet was on the floor. Hermione began to put the seat down when she saw the newspaper headline. 'Voldemort strikes London! Nighttime Massacre! 12 dead.' Hermione threw up.


-->