Unofficial Portkey Archive

The Accord by jardyn39
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

The Accord

jardyn39

The Accord

by Jardyn39

Part Five and Conclusion to "The Apprentice Piece"

Prologue

This story is the conclusion to "The Apprentice Piece," beginning a few days after Part Four ended.

The five consecutive parts of "The Apprentice Piece" are entitled: The Apprentice Piece, The Crucible, The Dragon, The Sword of Light and The Accord. A Summary for the remaining parts is given at the end of the last chapter. A brief prologue for the preceding parts is given at the beginning of each part.

If you haven't read The Apprentice Piece at all, skip down to "At the end of Part Four" below and then start straight into Chapter 1.

If you get intrigued or confused, come back here! These notes are intended as a reference only.

Just remember, there are spoilers to the first four parts below, but I've tried to keep these to a minimum.

*

Reminder of characters and items that are referred to from previous chapters:-

Fides - An Unspeakable who has helped Harry, although he may have an agenda that isn't clear to Harry yet. Friend of Dumbledore. Resident in the lower levels of the Department of Mysteries most of the time.

Kales - An ancient wizard banished by the Unspeakables who prefers to assume the form of a dragon. Guided Harry for his first few steps in the dream world. Refers to Dumbledore as, "Young Albus." Reputed to be volatile but was patient and tolerant with Harry. Suspected to have given Harry and Hermione more information than Fides wants.

Perenelle Flamel - Wife of Nicholas, she is a powerful witch who rescued Harry as a baby. Didn't speak to Dumbledore for years after he placed Harry with the Dursleys. Reckless and ruthless. Lost Harry's trust by attacking Hermione and has been desperately trying to make up for this since. Has been teaching History of Magic revision classes, complete with re-enactments of major conflicts.

Nicholas Flamel - Both helped and misled Hermione after his wife attacked her. Aged, but powerful and quick witted. Trustworthy and caring.

Pansy Parkinson - Harry helped Pansy when they met briefly in the summer holidays. Sided against the other Slytherins during the Great Hall fight. Growing friendship with Harry but continues to enjoy annoying Hermione.

Stephen Hopkins - Slytherin student, assigned by Dumbledore to help Harry and Hermione practice Defence against dark magic. A nobody.

Lieutenant Davis - Officer from the Regiment, a wizarding military unit visiting Hogwarts. A nobody.

Harbinger - Professor and former Auror who taught Defence Against the Dark Arts and trained Harry to use the powerful Apprentice Piece wand. Also taught Harry a wand-less pushing trick. Killed fighting Death Eaters.

The Rebels - An informal group of mainly younger students from all the Houses. Named by Professor McGonagall. Initially a quidditch practice group for non-house team players, the group is now a fanatic band of Harry supporters. Many members also in the DA. Includes a few Slytherin members.

The Apprentice Piece - A wand made by Harry during his summer holidays before Sixth Year. Destroyed when Harry freed Kales from Voldemort's control. Gave Harry a glimpse of his potential and gave him access to the dream world. The wand has allowed Harry to become powerful in terms of defensive spells. He controls himself for the most part, but still sets fire to things he tries to scurgify. Harry cannot now resort to dark magic to defeat Voldemort, for fear of losing his potential.

Dream World - A place without a formal name where Harry and Dumbledore can see and hear events in the real world whilst remaining completely undetected. Harry and Dumbledore are also invisible to each other there. Inhabited by strange, ghostly creatures that are attracted to living life-force. The smaller native creatures are completely harmless, but Voldemort sent agents into the dream world that can cause harm.

Quidditch Stadium - Harry always enters the dream world over an ancient stone buried deep under the Quidditch stadium, a place he is safe from Voldemort's prying. Harry has learned to interact with the real world whilst within the dream world, but only to a very limited extent.

Lily's Letters - Harry's mother concealed messages for Harry within letters to Harbinger, who she knew at school before he was expelled again. Hermione also received a letter from her, but no-one knows its contents or how Lily managed to address it.

The Guardian - Kales identified Hermione to Harry as a Guardian and treated her with respect and courtesy. Harry has not understood what this means and can't really remember the specifics told by Kales.

At the end of Part Four:

At the end of Part Four, "The Sword of Light," Harry survived an attack by Voldemort's agents sent to attack them in the dream world.

A skirmish between Slytherin and the other three Houses took place in the Great Hall at the same time.

The Slytherins attacked indiscriminately, but Voldemort's agents were after Hermione.

Fides visited Harry in the Hospital Wing and revealed a few more answers, although he refused to explain why Hermione was referred to as a Guardian.

Perenelle Flamel continues to tutor History of magic revision classes.

Although tension still exists between the Houses due to the incident in the Great Hall, the past few days have passed peacefully for Harry and his friends.

Then one lazy Sunday…