Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

A/n: thanks a million to fallenwitch, I love you, and I'm glad you liked the chapter.

"Ginny do you really think that it is wise for us to sit together?" he asked her. She was walking suspiciously fast, as if she wanted to get it over with. He could feel her nervousness. He, on the other hand, was way past that stage. He felt oddly numb at that moment.


"Why are you scared that my friends will eat you up?" she asked with a twinkle in her eyes. She kept moving, her step unfaltering.

"You know when you get all mischievous and naughty you look really sexy," he added in a vain attempt to distract her. He could probably get her to drop the idea of informing her brother. Draco Malfoy was afraid of nobody, but a blood thirsty Weasley was no match for anyone. Besides, with the DA training in full force, who knew how good Ron was at waving his wand. Better safe than sorry. "Ginny, honey please," he said again.

"Now, now, Draco Malfoy, are you really that afraid?" she asked, serious this time. She stopped and turned to him. "Aren't you sure of what we share?" she asked, suddenly uncertain.


"Not afraid. Malfoy's fear nothing," he said pompously. He saw her break into a grin as he puffed his chest and did a mock imitation of a super wizard. "I'm doubtful of the response your pals will give you with regards to this new arrangement!" he said with a small smile. "I don't want you to face any kind of backlash just because you're seeing a Slytherin."


"Oh, I understand, Draco, but you have to understand my need to get some kind approval from Harry and Ron on this matter!" she said. "I don't expect them to accept you but just to let them know. I've hidden it for too long, not even Hermione has heard a word, and I hate all the secrets," she said earnestly. "Do you understand?"


"I understand. It's just that I'm a bit worried of their reaction," he said honestly.

"Don't worry its going to be alright. Trust me," she concluded.

Hand in hand they entered the Great Hall. Draco could sense the eyes of the entire hall on them, but Ginny was unfazed and kept on walking .She looked as if she could take on a herd of elephants. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, and she looked up to smile brilliantly at him.


He felt a little uneasy, because how much ever he loved this woman, he had a reputation to maintain. He turned towards the Slytherin table and found that the entire table was either winking at him or giving him thumbs up.


"Ginny, good, you're here. We're planning on buying some stuff at the Hogsmeade visit tomorrow, anything you-"Ron stopped mid-sentence, spotting Draco behind her. His eyes took in their entwined hands and rounded in shock.


"Ginny, mind if I ask you what are you holding Malfoy's hand for?" an incredulous Harry asked.

"That is why we're here," she said, turning to Draco and giving him a supportive smile. He squeezed her hand again, and she turned back to the boys. "Ron, Harry, Draco and I are dating each other, and we're in love," she said turning to each one.

"What? What rubbish?" said Harry putting his plate aside and rising. "You can't date him. Tell her she can't date him, Ron," said Harry, turning to his best friend.


Ron seemed in a daze for sometime before he blinked his eyes. "What have you done to my sister Malfoy?"" Ron shouted at him.


"Yeah, what kind of potion have you given her to act like this?" Harry asked.

"And Malfoy of all people Ginny. What will mum say?"


"Yeah, you're sleeping with the enemy," said Harry. Suddenly realizing what he'd just said, he looked suspiciously at Ginny. "Don't tell me you're really sleeping with him?" asked Harry.


"It's not his fault, you guys," said Ginny, trying to control the situation.


"Shut up. I forbid you to see him again," said Ron.

"You can't do that. I will do as I please," said Ginny, quickly turning and running out of the Great Hall.

(Back to the present)


Draco shrieked when his hand touched the hot cauldron. A colorful curse made its way out of his lips, filling the room with sound. "Shit!" he cursed loudly.


He had been lost in his own dream world. With a quick glance around, he went on to check on Ginny. She had fainted as soon as they had landed at the castle. She had a nasty bump on her head, and it had been bleeding for a while.


As he had touched the portkey, he had been sure that this was a good way to get Ginny to listen to him. But now he was having second thoughts. She felt so good when he had kissed her. All regrets, the past, everything had come rushing back. It was almost like the old times, only this time it was not Ginny who was craving to touch him but the other way around.

He realized that the potion that would bring Ginny's soaring heartbeat back to normal was almost ready. He took it to her room. There she lay on a bed of soft fur looking like an angel, but he knew that she wouldn't be such an angel once she realized that she was far away from England. She would be even angrier when she would realize that she was not even in the same continent.


He kept the vessel containing the potion next to her.

She looked really beautiful when he had landed here, barely a few seconds after he had touched the portkey. But then she had fainted, and the spell was broken. He cursed again as his hand started stinging. He had been so lost in his memories that he hadn't paid attention to his burning hand. Come to think of it, it was a pretty special memory!!

He still remembered the way Blaise had done a poor imitation of her in the Common Room at night. He had laughed with all of them, but now he was disgusted with himself.


Now wonder people found him shallow.


It was only Ginny who had looked past all the images and managed to get to the real Draco, and he was the reason why she had encountered so much grief in her life. He vowed to make it up to her, and the first thing he was going to do was to awaken her.

a/n: now review.


-->