Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

a/n: Special thanks to fallenwitch who returns my chappies within a day. Also thanks to anther patient friend bslehofer. And to everyone who faithfully turns in to read my story.

The day passed in a flurry of activity. Soon after their small fight in the morning, Draco and Ginny sat down to breakfast and enjoyed a light argument over who was the most boring teacher at Hogwarts and Professor Binns won hands down. Ginny felt light headed and enjoyed the easy conversations.

They cooked together, getting messy and indulging in a food fight, before plunking themselves down before the fireplace and reading in companionable silence. Ginny realized that life with Draco would be this easy and for the lack of a better word, nice. She felt tempted to walk up to his chair and tickle him. Silly, for her to feel like this after so much grief made her cross her fingers unconsciously.

@@@@@@@@@@@

"Draco Malfoy came to that party?" asked Ron, his hands clenching. "Who invited him?" he asked.

"Ron, that doesn't matter. She's gone, and from what Harry found out at the Malfoy Manor, so has Draco. There could be a faint chance that they're together," said Hermione, her voice grave.

"No, she would never allow him to take her, unless he's cursed her. Oh dear Merlin, that'll explain the mortal peril," said Ron, panic rising in his chest. His baby sister was in trouble, and if it was Draco Malfoy who was the one responsible for it, Ron was going to make sure he didn't escape the situation alive. Draco Malfoy had hurt Ginny enough for a lifetime.

"Ron, you have to pull yourself together. This isn't the time for you to get angry. Look, Richard needs to be told what is going on here, the poor fellow is sick with worry," said Hermione.

"He should be. But you're right, I'll go speak to him," said Ron.

Hermione sighed as Ron left to comfort Richard. "Oh, Ginny, please be alright," she prayed.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

"So this is how you spent all your free time?" asked Ginny the morning of their fourth day together. It had only been that long, and yet to her it felt as if a lifetime had elapsed. She was now busy looking at a wall covered entirely with photographs of people from all over the world. "I didn't know you enjoyed traveling," said Ginny.

"Well, yes. After the war, I needed to get away from all the politics that surrounded our world, and that's when the Muggle world offered me an opportunity to be invisible, to blend in. Its nice you know, to not constantly be known," he said.

With a shake of her head, Ginny realized how changed the man before her was. He was still arrogant, sometimes rude and completely spoiled .But he was also caring. Ginny gave him a shy smile and moved along to the end of the wall. She gasped at what she saw before her. The wall was covered with hundred photos of her. Her hurried graduation amidst the ruins of the west wing of Hogwarts, her first public appearance post war, laughing, eating ice-creams. The last picture brought a sudden moistness to her eyes. It was a picture of Draco and her dancing, from their second night together. It had caught them doing an elaborate dip, with Draco's arms supporting her waist. An expression of pure joy was on both their faces.

She turned to him and said in an amused voice, "I didn't know we were posing." She cleared her throat and turned back to the picture. "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed.

"You're beautiful," he said, softly. Coming up behind her, he put his arms around her.

She leaned back, her head on his chest and sighed. She finally felt like she'd come home. No one could harm her now.

A/n:Review!


-->