Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

a/n- Hello once again. I hope you enjoyed chapter 8, here's the next one. Thanks to fallenwitch who I absolutely adore.

Disclaimer- Don't own anything, except Galaxia and Mitch.


Ginny entered her office at the exact same time as her fellow intern Mitch Mallory. Mitch was a tall and extremely handsome, definitely worth a second glance, and he always managed to attract a lot of second, third, and fourth glances from the many interns at the hospital. Mallory was the only person at the hospital who didn't back down. No matter how many times Ginny told him that she wasn't interested in any sort of relationship, or the fact that she was engaged, the man refused to get the hint.

"So Miss Weasley, you're looking lovely as usual I see," he commented with a smile.


His smile always reminded her of someone, but she could never place it. Now as she looked closely she suddenly realized that the look and the smile combined reminded her of Lucius Malfoy. Unnerved, she nodded her head.


"Yes thank you," she smiled. She would have stayed to talk, but the thought of Lucius Malfoy upset her. "Sorry can't stay. Have lots of work to do. Catch you later," she said and hurried off.

Lucius Malfoy. She hated the man, and come to think of it, he would have been the grandfather of her baby. Oh oh don't go down that lane,Gin.

Fact was,the brief encounter in her sixth year with the father of her boyfriend had left her feeling as if she were a common servant. Lucius Malfoy had never treated either her or her family with anything but contempt. But to look at her as if she were selling her body was the most disgusting thing. She read the silent message in his eyes. Stay away from my son.

But as with most Weasleys, she was too stubborn and had been under the mis-conception that the said son would stand by her. How wrong she was.

Picking up the pieces of her life, she had moved on, determined to make something of herself. People always asked her why had she gone into cardiac care instead of being an Auror like Harry and Ron. After all, she was good at Charms and Transfiguration. What they didn't know was that now that Voldemort was gone, nothing serious was left to do at the Auror department of the Ministry.


"Gin, come here,"called out Galixia, her best friend at the hospital.

Galixia was unusually tall for a woman, had long straight brown hair with highlights, warm hazelnut eyes,and a positively slim figure. Most people were thrown off track at the reception desk thanks to the charming woman sitting at it. Galixia often looked like someone out of a movie, but Ginny knew that deep down, Galixia was a very simple girl.


"What's up?" asked Ginny.


"There is a Mr. Malfoy waiting to meet you since quite sometime," she informed her with an odd gleam in her eyes. "What's the deal? He's been waiting for an hour and doesn't even respond to my flirting," she went on. Suddenly realizing that her friend was frozen to the post, she asked, worried, "Is something wrong?"

"Malfoy? Here?" Ginny suddenly felt faint. Why was he here? Gathering her courage and taking a deep breath , she nodded at Galixia. "Where is he?" she asked.

"In the lunchroom."

**************************

He was greeted at the reception desk by a blonde with beautiful hazel eyes. She introduced herself as Galixia, and he definitely saw a wink of one eye before she contacted the cardiac centre to call Ginny. Studying his surroundings, Draco felt the odd uneasiness that came with being in a hospital. He turned as the receptionist put the wizard communicator down.

"She's not in yet. But you could wait in the lunchroom. We have some interesting things on the breakfast menu," she said, smiling.

He nodded his head, figuring he might as well wait. As he settled in a warm chair to enjoy some coffee, an old woman gave him a smile. He inclined his head and that seemed to make the woman smile wider.

The old Draco wouldn't have done that. He would have pointedly ignored the woman. Ginny's Draco did these things. Ginny was the one who had changed many things about him, making him aware of how his actions affected others. It was also Ginny who had gifted him the alarm clock that he still possessed and kept by his bedside.


He saw her round the corner and approach them. The woman beside him excused herself and went away, but his eyes were fixed on her. Her hair was tied in a neat bun at the nape of her neck, her healer robes in her hands. He saw the sunlight catch her hair and make it look golden and remembered all those fun times when they had indulged in foreplay, and he had wound a strand of her hair lovingly around his finger. He also enjoyed watching her walk towards him familiar with the way her hips swayed. But soon enough she reached him.

"What do you want?" she asked icily.

He flinched at her tone. She declined his offer to sit, shaking her head. Very well. "I want to speak to you," he said in the calmest voice he could get out of his nervous and dry lips. Deciding that it was best that he stand too, he put his cup aside and rose out of his chair.

"I don't want to hear anything you have to say. Please leave."

She was going to leave, just turn around and disappear. He couldn't let that happen. He caught her wrist as she was turning and spun her into his arms. He placed his lips firmly on hers and touched the Portkey in his pocket.

The familiar tug at her navel broke Ginny's reverie. What was going on?

A/n- I know cruel place to stop, but it had to end somewhere, right? Take that non-reviewers. I know the wait is going to take forever, but atleast my beta reader will be satisfied. She was pretty angry when this chapter ended. Well I hope chapter ten lives up to hers and everyone else's expectations. In the meanwhile, thanks for reading, review.


-->