Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

a/n- Thanks to Fallenwitch my beta reader.

Disclaimer: Don't own any of the characters below.

~~Flashback~~

"You mean you're pregnant," shouted Harry at the top of his voice.


"Harry, lower your voice or you'll become The Boy Who Was Killed by the sister of his best friend," said Ginny, clamping her hand hard on the mouth of the boy wonder. She waited for Harry to calm down before removing her hand.


"But who's the father and does Ron know?" asked Harry. He looked concerned as he took hold of Ginny's hand.


After Draco's painful rejection, Ginny's support system consisted of the golden trio and Luna Lovegood. Somehow the month following Draco's outburst had been made bearable thanks to their presence.


"So you're going ahead with the baby," asked a concerned Hermione. Her best friend, and possibly at some point in the future her sister-in-law, was probably the only one sitting at the table that understood what she was going through.

Ginny bit her lip, a painful expression on her face. She bent her head low and covered her hurt with the hair that fell on her face. Quietly, so that only those sitting around could hear, she said, "Yes, and don't ask me the Father's name. I won't be able to tell."

~~~~~~~Back to the present~~~~~~~~


"I told Harry I was going to go ahead with it, " said Ginny looking intently into the eyes of Draco, whose dress robes were now wet with tears. "It seemed like the only option at that time. I didn't want to kill our child. I didn't have the heart to punish someone who wasn't even born for the actions of its parents," said Ginny softly.

Draco shifted uncomfortably before asking, "But something ruined it, didn't it?" asked Draco. He looked a little closely at Ginny face, dreading what she would say.

"Yes,"said Ginny, moving a little away from the embrace of Draco. She needed to say this to his face, "your wedding announcement did".


There, the secret was out. The unsaid was finally said, but neither knew that a little comforting could take them to where it did!!!!

@@@@@@@@@@@


The light was out when Ginny began to wake up. As it did every morning, the sun's rays slid in through the cracks between the crimson drapes covering her windows and played upon the bed.


As it reached her eyes, she grimaced.

'No, not yet,' she thought sadly.


But then, her mind was only beginning waking up after what was night of restless sleep. She opened her eyes reluctantly, only closing it as the blinding light reached her corneas. The day wouldn't be too good.


Of course, as she slowly woke up and her senses began to work again, she noticed something not-so-familiar to her still half-asleep self.

"What the--?" Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked down on where she felt a weight on her chest.

Quickly, she sat up, wide awake now, and saw what appeared to be-"What is an arm doing on my chest?" she thought before screaming very loudly and jumping backwards.

Unfortunately, Ginny had already been on the edge of the bed, and with an "oomph," she landed very hard on the cold wooden floor.


She sighed in relief, ignoring the pain in the lower areas of her body, as the arm started to move, and she saw that it was indeed attached to a body.


She hoped that said arm would not end in a person. A certain twin brother's enterprise had started selling sticks that transfigured into body parts. The newest fad was to scare your friends with a bloody leg or a severed finger as they woke up in bed or at breakfast in their morning porridge.


Both, Harry and Ron thought it was hilarious, and it wouldn't have been surprising if either of them had decided to play such a trick on her.


Of course, when a white-blond head popped up out of the mess of blankets, she screamed again, recognizing the owner of the arm and head - as she thought to herself that it might have been better if it had been a bloody arm after all.


Ginny took a breath of air between screams as Draco sat up in bed, put his hands to his ears, and hissed-

"Shut the hell up! Damn it! I think my eardrums have ruptured!" he said loudly.


Then he began to shout, cursing the maids of the manor, employed on her mother's insistence, who had an uncanny tendency to blush at the sight of him.


Then he took in his surroundings and realized, as he looked down, that he was not only in Ginny's Weasely's house, but he was in her bed, under her covers, stark naked.

And he started screaming too.

How could some wine and emotional fatigue lead to this

@@@@@@@@

A/n- Thanks for reading, now review.


-->