Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

A/n: Hello again everybody. I know all of you are really curious to know how things are going to progress. Each one of you pretty much wants Ginny to stop acting the way she is. I'm just going to try and explain her actions. She's seen a lot of pain at a very young age. She had an affair that didn't work out, the guy said she was just a bet; she got pregnant and lost a child, all at the age of sixteen. To go through all of that and then get up one fine day and forget everything is not humanly possible.

But I do sincerely hope that these two get together. Meanwhile, we'll let Draco work his magic. Go read the chappie.

Special thanks to my beta reader Fallenwitch. Cookies for all my reviewers.

"I know I've hurt you a lot in the past, Gin, and I'm sorry for it all. I hope you understand what I've done in the past has all been a mistake," said Draco.

"Yes, I do see that now. But, Draco, all these years. We've lost out on so many years and so much has changed. I've changed and so has my family. I'm engaged to another man, and you have a marriage behind you," said Ginny.

"But that doesn't matter if you still feel for me the same way you did all those years ago," said Draco.

"It does matter. I may understand why you did what you did. I saw you fighting for us in the war, Draco. But I don't know how I feel about you. I know I am attracted to you. The night we spent together is still fresh in my mind. I still love you; I don't think I have ever stopped doing that. But to trust you again, I don't know how long it will take me to do that," replied Ginny.

"We'll work on it, together. I promise we will," said Draco, taking her hands in his. "We've both been very hurt in the past, but we can move ahead of this," he said. "Please, Gin, we've missed out on so much time together. I want to make up for all of it."

"Well, Draco, you have another three days," said Ginny.

He felt a small grin tug at the side of his lips. "Yes, I do, don't I? So what do you want to do now?"

"For starters, I'm hungry. If we don't eat anything soon, the rats running around in my stomach are going to start aiming curses at each other," said Ginny, feeling lighthearted after a long time.

"Your wish is my command," he said, and bowed before her.

@@@@@@@@@

"Mortal peril? What do you mean? She must have left some sort of a note or letter or something," said Ron, panicking slightly.

"Ron, you've got to listen to what I'm saying. There's nothing in the house, absolutely nothing," replied Richard.

"Merlin! Ok, give me a minute, I need to ask Hermione if she has any idea where Gin might be," said Ron, turning to the fireplace. Soon he had a roaring fire going, and minutes later, Harry's head popped into the fire.

"What's up?" asked Harry. "We're having dinner; don't tell me you want to join us. I've got a special evening planned," said Harry winking. Noticing that Ron hadn't responded, Harry's face grew concerned. "What's wrong?"

"We need to speak to Hermione. Ginny's gone somewhere, and we don't know where," said Richard.

"What's happening, Harry?" A second later, Hermione's face was also floating next to Harry's. "What's the matter Ron? You look pale."

"Did Ginny tell you of any plans she had to go away?" asked Ron.

"No. What's the matter, will you tell me?" asked Hermione.

"She's taken off, just like that. No note, no information with the hospital," said Richard.

"But she couldn't have just taken off like that. Hermione, what?" asked Ron. While he was speaking, Hermione had gone deathly pale. "What is it?"

"Do you think this has anything to do with Draco?"

@@@@@@@@@@

"This is the best place to grab a quick bite," said Draco, waving out to the obviously Muggle shack on the seashore. She guessed she was somewhere far away from London.

Ginny had Apparated them to the grave. It had been Moody's idea to ward off the burial in a manner that only Ginny or a Weasley family member would be able to apparate there. She hadn't attended the funeral of her own child, and her need to apologise for her absence at that moment kept drawing her back to the spot. But now Draco would be able to visit their son too. She had made sure the wards detected the blood connection between her son and Draco.

Her mother had once, in a moment of despair, told her how Draco had been at the funeral. The funeral had been the only time members outside the Weasley family had stood around her child. Even if people tried, they wouldn't have been able to reach that same spot.

According to Ginny, the reason why the grounds were off limits to everyone but family members were because there were many war Heros buried near her child.

Her hate, buried deep within her for so many years had finally been put to rest. She was at peace with what had happened. She had someone to blame and that someone was no longer Draco.

Turning to her companion, she gave a weak smile. "I didn't know you had it in you to appreciate Muggle restaurants."

"Dear, there's a lot about me that you don't know. Shall we?" he asked. Accepting his hand, she followed him inside the little hut near the beach.

@@@@@@@@@

"What do you mean something to do with Draco?" asked Richard.

"Ron, you saw how upset she was back at the party. And we all remember that year. What if she's with him?" asked Hermione.

"She wouldn't let him near her again. She wouldn't do that to the rest of us," said Ron, his voice rising slightly. "No, you're wrong."

"I might be, but it's too late right now. I'll inform Arthur and Molly. Meet us at the Ministry tomorrow morning. We have to inform the officials," said Hermione.

"All right."

a/n: Review!


-->