Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

A/n: Well here I am back with a bang. This chapter is slightly small compared to my regular one's, but I hope the content makes up for the lack of length.

Special thanks to my patient beta reader Fallenwitch.

The next morning Draco woke up with a pounding somewhere deep in his head. Wincing, he raised his hand to his throbbing head. In the process, his hand brushed something very warm. Ginny! Opening his eyes, he found her curled up against him, her head close to his, her arms around him.

Smiling, he traced the outline of her eyebrows wondering how women ever got their eyebrows to look perfectly round. Ginny sighed in her sleep, and a small smile turned the corners of her mouth. His head still pounding, Draco eased out from under Ginny's arms and escaped to the bathroom. The man staring back in the mirror looked as if he had been in a stampede, and yet his eyes shone brightly.

Smiling at the memory of the previous night, Draco went about his morning rituals, with his head still going `thud thud' every few seconds. Before exiting the spacious white interior of his bathroom, Draco winked at the picture of the lady in the Playwitch calendar that adorned the backside of his bathroom door. The lady giggled in response and waved out to him.

As he exited the bathroom, Draco saw Ginny up in bed. "Good morning, sleepyhead," he said enthusiastically.

"Hmmm… aren't you supposed to be the one with the hangover?" asked Ginny, wincing at the bright sunlight pouring through the window. "I was the sober one last night, and yet I feel as if I've been hit by a truck," said Ginny, rubbing her eyes.

"Maybe a nice shower and some breakfast will make you feel nice and good again," said Draco, signaling Ginny to use his bathroom, while he moved to make himself some coffee and her some eggs.

Ginny nodded and quickly occupied the bathroom. She had just locked the door behind him, when his eyes rounded. The Playwitch calendar! Oh Merlin!

Knocking on the door, Draco called out to Ginny. When she didn't answer, he knocked harder. When the door still didn't open, Draco moved towards his chest of drawers to get his wand. Before he could get any further than three steps, Ginny's laughter filled the room.

"My, my, this is a revelation," she said from behind him. He turned and found the calendar in her hands. She flipped through it, and her eyes grew bright with mischief. "Now isn't this just so precious," she said. "Draco Malfoy, powerful wizard and heir to the Malfoy empire, reading dirty magazines in his bathroom," she teased. "I wonder which one you like best," she said.

With a groan, Draco lunched forwards in a move to catch her off guard, but she anticipated his move and ran. Following her out, a grin on his lips, Draco muttered threateningly, "Ginerva, give that back to me".

"No," she yelled back at him, ducking from under his arms. "Draco reads…."

He didn't let her finish her sentence. Within moments he had her pinned to the sofa, his body crushing hers. "That is a calendar and not a magazine," he said, slightly breathless.

"Really?" asked Ginny, her grin widening. "So go ahead, which one do you like the best? I think February looks good," she commented in an off hand manner. "Which one Draco?"

"I thought you already knew the witch I liked best," he said.

That shut her up. Her mouth opened in a confused "O". She blushed scarlet.

"Now, go get dressed and no more teasing," he warned, pulling her up with him. She smoothened her crumpled night clothes and looked once more at him. Quickly going up on her tiptoes, she planted a kiss on his cheeks.

"You look adorable in the morning, but I want this calendar out of here," she said and then ran back to the master bedroom, locking it on her way in. Draco couldn't prevent the silly grin on his face.

A/n: Review!


-->