Unofficial Portkey Archive

Can Love survive it all? by Rid
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Can Love survive it all?

Rid

A/n: Many thanks to my beta reader fallenwitch. I didn't realize I was so close to the 200 review mark. Hopefully this chapter will get my closer to that honour. Meanwhile, enjoy the thrill of the chase. Ron and Harry are out to look for Ginny and Richard's acting odd. Read.

Content and at peace with her life finally falling in place, Ginny was upset when their fifth day together dawned. As the first rays of the sun spread their hands towards the window, Ginny said a silent prayer. She turned into the warm cocoon of Draco arms, studying his face The years apart had taught both of them lessons that she had no intention of forgetting. She hadn't trusted this man, who for her sake had given up so many things in life. She had paid, yes. Five years. Sighing, Ginny made a decision. This was what she wanted, a life with Draco. Richard had to be informed. He needed to understand. But there was time.

She felt Draco's eyes flutter open and said softly in the darkness, "I'm not leaving you ever again. I've realized that the past doesn't matter any more". Taking a deep breath, she turned to face him. "I know we can't change anything, not the past, not our feelings or all we've lost. But Draco, I've realized that I want to build a life with you. You see I'm not afraid anymore," she finished. Clearing her throat nervously, she said, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that I love you".

Draco didn't say anything. He studied her silently for many moments. Then, as if someone had placed a bulb inside his chest, his eyes glowed with warmth, making Ginny gasp in surprise. "I've waited for a long time to hear that," he said, his voice thick with emotion. "We're right for each other, and I regret all that has happened in the past, baring my association with you," he said. "Being honest about my feelings doesn't come naturally to me Gin, but I have been honest with you, trust me. I've opened my heart to you.I love you," he said.

With a sob of happiness Ginny threw her arms around Draco and buried her head in his chest. Happiness threatened to explode in her chest, and she had the feeling that Draco was experiencing the same thing. The lost time had done nothing to dimish what they felt for each other, and Ginny had no intention of wasting any more time staying away from this lovely, arrogant, and vain man.

"Draco, we have to inform Ron and Richard; he needs to know everything," she said earnestly. She looked guiltily at her hand, where Richard had placed a ring. She carefully removed the ring and placed it aside. She wouldn't be able to rest until she had spoken to him personally. Over the span of five days she had realized that her feelings for Richard had been nothing but brotherly. He had been her pillar of strength for a long time, but she didn't love him. And now that her beloved Draco had proved to her how wrong she had been about him, she couldn't go ahead and marry a man who she didn't share the special feeling with.

"I understand Ginny. We'll go see them today," he said, his arms tightening around her. "I have to explain things to your family too," he said, bending his head. He placed a soft kiss on her temple. "We'll go see them today".

@@@@@@@@

"Draco Malfoy was involved with Ginny?" asked Richard, his voice agitated. His eyes looked sunken, and his skin had lost all its color. "And you suspect that she's with him at this moment?" he asked, his voice rising.

Hermione nodded slowly. Forcing Richard to get a good night's sleep had been more difficult than she would have imagined. He had simply refused, but the small dose of sleeping potion she had slipped into his drink at dinner had worked. At least the man was standing on his two feet.

"What is the meaning of all this? Ginny never mentioned Draco Malfoy. We spoke of her past, but she never told me of him. How could she do this to me!" he said, his voice filled with outrage. "I love her," he said with such emotion, that Hermione had trouble reading his expression.

Would he do something to hurt Ginny if she were with Draco? Taking a deep breath, she said lightly, "I'm sure nothing's happened to her. I said she might be with Draco. Richard you have to calm down. Harry will have her location in no time, the aurors are working on it," she said, her voice calm.

"But what if she decides she doesn't want me anymore?" asked Richard, holding Hermione's arm in a death grip, "What will I do then?"

"Richard you have to calm down," she said urgently.

As if burned by her touch, Richard let go instantly and cursed himself. "I'm sorry Hermione; I'm just worried about her. Two years, I've loved her for two years. Do you know how relieved I was when she accepted my offer of marriage? I don't think I can live without her," he said.

"I know Richard, I know".

@@@@@@@@

"So you're sure you don't know this fellow? He's never been around her before, but he did come the day Ginny left?" asked Ron. He studied Galaxia carefully, noting the concerned expression in her eyes.

"Yes. He came here five days back and waited for Ginny. I was off duty for a while, and when I returned I was told that Ginny had claimed a long pending vacation. It didn't strike to me as odd. She did need a vacation," said Galaxia.

"Do you think she took off with this man?" asked Harry, pointing towards Draco's photograph that Ron held in a firm grip.

"I wouldn't know, I wasn't here," said Galaxia earnestly. "Look will you please tell me what's going on here? Why am I being interrogated like this?"

"Madam, Ginny is missing and we don't know where she is. It's extremely important that you tell us if you think Ginny is with this man," said Ron, his voice thick with anger.

"Look mister, Ginny seemed very uncomfortable when I mentioned this man, so it's highly doubtful she is with him. If that's all, I need to get back to work," she said and turned to answer the blinking on the fourth window.

Ron sighed loudly. "Where are you Gin?"

@@@@@@@@

"Not today Draco," said Ginny softly. "This is our last day here, in this paradise, and I'd rather share it with you than go back and explain things".

"But Gin-"

"No Draco, we have time. We'll go see my family tomorrow but not today. Today is for us," she said and placed a palm against his cheek. "We can go have grapes," she said suddenly mischievous.

"Now that's an idea if I ever heard one," he said enthusiastically, all thoughts of going back vanishing from his mind.

A/n: Review.


-->