Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kissing Ginevra Weasley by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kissing Ginevra Weasley

gypsybaby21

Chapter eleven:

"Oh come on!" Pansy called grabbing for Ginny's arm to pull her back. "We can just talk, have a beer together, something!"

Ginny shook her head and politely took control of her arm again as she continued to walk away. "I don't think so."

"I hear from Draco you have an interest in art."

Stopping instantly in her tracks, Ginny ignored the fact that Pansy ran into her as she addressed the name the woman just spoke."Whoa, wait, what? Draco? You mean Malfoy!"

Pansy smirked, apparently enjoying the closeness between them once again."That is his name. Both of them are his names actually."

"Hah," she gave a staccato laugh, "that slime ball does talk about me behind my back. I told my brothers he has it out for me."

Pansy gave her a knowing look. "Exactly what he has for you remains to be named. Actually, you'd be surprised how much he talks about you. 'Course I've never actually seen you recently, until today, and now, I know what all the fuss is about." She chuckled, her eyes seeming to gleam with something Ginny couldn't figure out.

Ginny nodded, feeling suddenly so put out, she pulled a chair out at a random table from the outside restaurant they'd stopped in front of, and sat down. "It's his mission in life to destroy me."

Pansy gave a tiny nod to waiter and took the seat in front of her. "Oh trust me, that is not his intention. In fact, he probably won't be too pleased that it was my ad you answered."

"Oh." Ginny really didn't know what to say about that.

How awkward.

Pansy tilted her head to the side, examining Ginny's impish freckled face and pouty red lips. "You are so beautiful."

Ginny's mouth fell open and her eyes widened at the compliment. She gave a sharp laugh and bowed her head. "Well um, thank you. You too."

"How are you still single?"And that seemed to be the question that kept them talking for the next two hours at the outside restaurant.

White empty plates were pushed to the side of the table with clear glasses half-full with butter beer accompanying them. It was dark out now. The once warm wind, cooling against Ginny's skin as it ruffled her hair against her neck. It didn't bother her at all. They were at the peak of their conversation and she wasn't ready to go home. A startled half scream escaped from Pansy's mouth as she continued her story.

"He did not! On the first date?" Pansy leaned forward and touched Ginny's arm casually.

Instead of pulling away, which initially would have been her first response, Ginny leaned forward into the touch, laughing as she answered. "I swear! He made me pay for half, more than half actually. It's so hard to find a guy that's intelligent and hot, but I didn't think I'd have to worry about selfishness too."

"So he was ugly to boot? Merlin, where do these guys come from?"

"America, apparently," Ginny mumbled.

Pansy snorted. "I dated a wizard from America, wasn't a bad bloke really. Just thought two minutes in the sack was long enough, long enough for him to slack his lust on me maybe. I felt cheap and cheated afterwards."

Whoa. What?

Shaking her head, Ginny gave a confused laugh. "Wait, what? I thought you were, um-that you-so you've tried err, that is, to say, you've dated men?"

Pansy raised an eyebrow with a knowing smile before she responded, scooting her chair closer. It didn't bother Ginny that Pansy was now sitting right next to her. "I have."

"Good," Ginny cried out, then cringed at the loudness in her voice. "I thought that you-with woman, that you um, you know," she paused, gesturing with her hands, "that's really why I was so weird in the beginning. I used the other stuff just to get away quicker."

Just stop talking, Ginny.

"Yes," Pansy nodded. "I've been with women too. I mean that's what this," she gestured towards Ginny, "is all about. I just find a lot of different things sexy."

"Oh." Ginny swallowed, moving away slightly. "I don't."

The tip of her tongue touched the top of her lip as Pansy shifted in her chair, managed to scoot it back so that the space between them was enough to let Ginny breathe. "That's okay, but I'm sure we can find some things that we both think are sexy and maybe do them together."

"I-"

Pansy blotted her lips together as if she'd just put on some lip gloss. "Ginny, I'd like to see you again."

She was changing the subject Ginny knew, but she'd had fun, so what else could she say? Ginny smiled and nodded. "I'd like that."

The wide smile Pansy gave her almost made her feel bad for getting her hopes up. It was simply because they'd had a good timeā€¦ right? "How's next Friday, at seven?"

"What?" Ginny asked.

"Next Friday, at seven? Is that okay?"

"Oh, um, yes." Ginny nodded enthusiastically, "sounds great."

Pansy went to speak again, but paused, and then started again, staring intently at Ginny with every word. "I should get going. I have to be in my showroom at five in the morning, new client and all."

Ginny frowned trying not to show her disappointment. Talking to Pansy was so liberating, she really needed more girl friends. Well girls that are friends. Ginny cleared her throat and scratched the back of her neck. "Right, it's for the best. I have work as well and Malfoy's a beast in the morning if I'm late."

They stood awkwardly at the edge of the restaurant. The street next to the shop was dimly lit and goose pimples spread across Ginny's shoulders as the coldness finally started to get to her. It's funny that she hadn't noticed it before, when she was having a good time talking with Pansy.

"I'll see you Friday then."

Should they shake hands?

Ginny found herself wondering for nothing since Pansy decided to lean forward and give her a soft warm kiss against the corner of her mouth that made Ginny hold her breathe. Her eyes fluttered closed against her cheek as she puckered her lips to kiss back slightly. She felt Pansy smile against her before pulling away.

Ginny watched as Pansy turned to leave, berating herself for kissing her back. But really, what was so wrong with it? If she was interested in Pansy that when then she wasn't really leading her on, right? She was lost in her thoughts when Pansy called out to her. "Ginny?"

"Yeah?"

Pansy did a swiping motion in front of herself. "Best date I've had in years."

Ginny laughed. "Me too," she responded, but couldn't help wondering if it was really a date and not a female get together.

Jokes used came from here:

.com/topic/seattle-your-best-dry-joke

.com/witty_quotes/

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->