Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kissing Ginevra Weasley by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kissing Ginevra Weasley

gypsybaby21

Chapter Six:

The frigid, bitingly wet and cold wind reared its vicious head as she swung the door open. It stole her breath away and her lungs tightened as they attempted to adjust to the ever dropping temperature. She found herself wishing once more that she'd purchased a cheaper dress. If she had she would've been able to afford that matching slink that had gone with the little black number. There was no way she could've worn her ragged flannel hand me down courtesy of Ron. Even a fancy slink would've been a better barrier than nothing.

Her teeth chattered and she quickly rubbed her hands frantically up and down her biceps, creating friction. Ginny hoped Malfoy hadn't come on a broom. She really didn't think he was that daft.

When he came out a few seconds later she braced herself for him to say something equally as moronic as usual. When nothing came, she swiveled her head around to look at him, not caring that her free flowing hair caught the wind and swept behind her.

Her voice caught in her throat as her gaze collided with those intense gray eyes, eyes she'd always admired. It wasn't just today, so really it was no big deal if she stared just a little longer. He seemed dazed as he continued to stand still, watching her. Eventually he shook his head and rapidly blinked his eyes, effectively breaking the moment. He quickly shrugged out of his clearly expensive jacket and walked forward to lay it across her shoulders.

She jerked away. "What the hell are you doing?"

"You don't have a jacket."

She wiggled her shoulders, letting the woolen material drop into her hand and she handed it back to him. "Don't be weird."

"I'm sorry," he said, crinkling his eyebrows with disbelief. "How is this weird? Isn't it common for a man to offer his jacket on a cold night to a beautiful woman?"

She had the odd desire to melt into a puddle on the floor, that or punch the day lights out of him. So instead, considering she could do neither, she did the safe thing and rolled her eyes before turning away.

He made a moving forward gesture with his hands as he walked up beside her. Her stomach sank when his shoulder brushed against her bare one and she dipped her chin into her chest, turning her head away from him.

Why was he acting like this?

"Shall we?"

Ginny bobbed her head, suddenly wishing she had a mint to lubricate the inside of her dry mouth. Out of the corner of her eye she watched Malfoy move forward into the street and she followed behind him.

"Considering I'm being a generous knight and shining chauffeur tonight the polite thing to do would be to show some gratitude and have a nice conversation with me." She heard him call back to her.

"If you go into another monologue then you can just throw that idea out the window."

Malfoy chuckled and Ginny hissed through her teeth at the guttural depth of it. It had been way too long since she'd last had sex. It must have been if she was considering this demon. It was when he let out another laugh that Ginny really had the urge to clench her legs.

"What's so funny?" she said through gritted teeth as she trotted behind him.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing!"

Ginny frowned as she watched Malfoy lift a hand. Resting in his palm was a tiny black box with buttons. When his finger pushed one of the buttons she heard a loud triple beep and instantly the black car she'd stopped behind roared to life. Letting out a tiny 'eep' of surprise, she jumped away from the possessed vehicle.

"It's called a BMW-Muggle contraption."

Ginny scowled as she examined the obviously expensive black and silver car. "So it doesn't fly then? Clearly it's not fully Muggle, otherwise it wouldn't have started on its own."

He let a soft smile spread across his face as he watched her get close enough to touch the exterior of his car. "It didn't start on its own. I just pushed a button."

Ginny tsked her tongue with irritation and rolled her eyes. "What are you doing with a Muggle contraption anyway? You are the most anti-Muggle I've ever known." Clearly a lie, because there was always his father and-and…she let her thought trail off, not really wanting to go there.

"Would you like to get in and find out why I have a Muggle made vehicle?" He walked towards one of the doors and slowly opened it for her, motioning her forward.

She looked at him skeptically. "Are you trying to tell me something?"

"Uh," he said, his eyebrows connecting as he looked at her with confusion.

"Are you having impotency issues?"

He blinked rapidly. "What?"

"Impotency issues," she said. "They say men, at a certain time in there life, compensate with shiny toys. This is very shiny."

If he'd been normal, he would've screeched to a halt with a sput-sput-sputtering. She'll give him credit though; he only let her comment rattle him for a second before responding, with his body first. He took a large step forward, bringing himself so close Ginny had to bend backwards over the vehicle for space. Her breath caught and her eyes widened when he reached a hand forward and tucked a piece of her hair behind her ears. He let his thumb and the knuckles of his hand caress her cheek before pulling away.

"I'm up for an experiment if you are."

She about died. She was half-dead from before, but now, now she could've just been called. Time of death, 9:45, cause of death, heart failure.

When was it that Malfoy started having this effect on her? Maybe it was just tonight, just in the way he was dressed, the way he moved… it had to be the environment. It was night time at a fancy restaurant that was known for its multiple wines and champagnes. She'd only had a glass, but Malfoy had completed his meal.

She leaned towards him and sniffed as he breathed on her. He'd definitely been drinking. He raised an eyebrow and smirked down at her. "Was that a weird, oddly erotic way of saying yes to me, Weasley?"

His hands were braced against the car on either side of her hips, caging her in. "In your dreams." Her whisper was hoarse and she knew that he knew, in the moment that his eyes sparkled, that he'd affected her.

Out of her peripheral vision she watched his hand lift from the car and go to encircle her waist. The movement caused her to jump slightly, but enough that she collided with his chest. He kept her close as he whispered back to her dangerously close to her lips. "You have no idea."

Ginny licked her lips and swallowed before turning sideways in the direction towards the passenger door, hoping he'd get the message. She needed him to stop. He was playing, most likely, but it was just seemingly too real to her in that moment. Her heart was in her throat as she waited for him to move.

He seemed to sway forwards like she was having some sort of magnetic pull on him and for a moment she thought he was going to kiss her cheek, but he pulled away. He quickly went to the passenger side, holding the door open for her.

Ginny gave him a tight lipped smile before sliding in, the black leather of the interior creaking slightly as she settled on the seat. When Malfoy shut the door she slouched with relief and slammed a hand to her chest. She only allowed her self a few seconds to recuperate before she fiddled with straightening her wind blown carrot red hair. Her fingers twitched, dying to pull down the visor and glance in the mirror at her make up, but she stopped herself.

She didn't have to look good for Malfoy.

So instead of giving in to that itch she inhaled sharply wanting to take a calming breath, but was rudely torn out of that potential calm state when she smelled him all over the car.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->