Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kissing Ginevra Weasley by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kissing Ginevra Weasley

gypsybaby21

Chapter Nine:

The universe was definitely against her having an orgasm.

If that wasn't enough, Malfoy was starting to make more than just cameo appearances in her dreams and now Ron was using her as a free therapist and guide to the Looney Lovegood. Her mum still wouldn't stop nagging her about finally settling down. Ginny couldn't win. She wanted to yank her hair out… or successfully change genders. Men had it way easier!

Or so she thought until that night Ron had interrupted her. Forever stuck in an never ending hell pit of relationship follies and there her brother was complaining because he had a perfect life with a perfect girlfriend trying to move things into the serious zone. Luna wanted to take the next step in their relationship, so she brought a toothbrush and a simple nightgown over to Ron's flat, two normal things that couples eventually do in relationships, and he practically had a coronary trying to figure out what she wanted.

"Woe is me," she mumbled out loud, but inside was screaming because while her brother was off boinking his perfect girlfriend, she was about to do something she shouldn't all for the sake of sex and a connection. Something Ron seemed to take for granted. "Men really do have it easier," she said, scratching her sweating palm.

She was standing in front of A Shot of Espresso, pacing the front entrance with a heavy heart and stomach that protested her lunch every time she took a step closer to the quaint little coffee shop. Ginny had suggested a different meeting place, but the female from the ad she answered insisted on meeting here. Ginny had to acknowledge the woman's taste though. A Shot of Espresso was the best in town. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and scones could be smelled from miles away and if one went shopping in the store next door, the hissing sound of the frothy espresso machines could coax any potential customer.

Inhaling sharply, she took the last remaining steps forward, reached forward, and pushed through the door. The dinging of the bell sounded and the different blends of coffee and bakery goods assaulted her sense.

Ginny immediately bypassed the racks of specialty coffees, mugs, and chocolate covered espresso beans, and plopped down at the brown table nearest to the door. She quickly mapped her escape route… the very reason she'd come a little early. She'd learned her lesson. Always have an escape plan. This particular plan required running. Fast.

She bit her lip and nervously tapped her fingernails against the small circular table with green trimming decorating the edges. Why am I doing this? Why? Do I really need sex this bad, bad enough to get it from a woman?

"Yes!" Ginny cried out, pounding her fist against the table. Her face flushed with embarrassment when she noticed an elderly couple whispering harshly to each other, casting scared glances at Ginny, before they both nudged each other up and towards the other end of the room.

How mortifying. She even scared old couples. If only they knew what she'd been thinking. Sex, sex, and more sex, but it wasn't only about the sex. It was the connection. It was that moment that made her remember why the hell she was here. She needed something to remind her why she put so much effort into anyone let alone the opposite sex.

Renewed hope for humanity coming right up… please? Please.

She glanced at the door waiting for the bell to signify a new customer had come. When no one came she smoothed her black handkerchief skirt and adjusted her pine green cowl neck halter-top. She'd been told, once upon a time by a potential love interest, that her slender, freckled back and shoulders had been such a turn on for him that the first time she'd worn something like that he had to go take care of business in the bathroom so he wouldn't be premature if they decided to have sex. He especially liked her red coppery hair curled and partially up, and today she wanted to take all the stops.

Ginny remembered saying something along the lines of how a good man was hard to find, but a hard man was the best find. He'd laughed and told her he loved her, at that point they'd been dating for two weeks, and it felt a little rushed. She should have known that the minute she put out it would be down hill. The next day she went to his flat to find him slamming into a blonde model with flawless skin and a smaller build than her.

Thank goodness for protection spells.

While he'd hurt her on a level perhaps even she hadn't known, that didn't make him any less wrong about what she looked good in. And she did look good right now.

Bells chimed as the door opened and Ginny flinched as her gut tightened with nausea. She dropped her head in her hands and peaked through the crevices of her fingers at the door. The mild relief she felt at seeing two men instead of one woman was fleeting, because it was Harry and Draco Malfoy.

"Holy shit," Ginny whispered. Unable to contain her whimper, she propped her elbows on the table, fully covering her face, praying they didn't see her.

Don't see me, don't see me, don't-

"Ginny, is that you? You look brilliant!" Harry called out as he casually walked towards her.

She dropped her head to the table, giving herself enough time to realize how much it looked like a circular chocolate bar, before knocking her forehead repeatedly against the hard surface. Who cared about brain damage in this day and age?

"Uh-"

"I'm in hell." She growled, still pounding her head on the table. She heard a snort and then felt a cool hand suddenly forming a barrier between her head and the hard surface.

"Har-" she stopped when she realized who it really was. "What do you think you're doing? Malfoy, do not touch me! "

Draco sneered down at her. "This coffee shop doesn't belong to you. Lucky we happened about too, I'd say. I do have a vested interest in you not becoming a vegetable."

Narrowing her eyes, she lifted her chin defiantly. Though she didn't want him here, she might as well take advantage of the situation. "Malfoy, I need to borrow your BW in three days."

He raised his stupidly perfect blonde eyebrow, "my BMW?"

"You know that Muggle contraption."

He threw his head back in laughter. Ginny frowned as Harry joined him. Her confusion deepened when they both continued until they were holding their stomachs, bent over, gasping for breath.

"Gin, you don't know how to drive." Harry finally managed around his obscene hackling.

"Is that why it's funny?"

"Not a bit." Malfoy put in, lifting his face to hers and smiling so brightly she felt she needed sunglasses. He turned to Harry. "Crisis next week then," he said to Harry, who started up again.

"No crisis next week, Malfoy, my schedule's already full thank you," Ginny said in such a perfect monotone that even a tone-deaf would be pleased.

Malfoy gave her that smile again, the one that dropped her heart into the tips of her toes and made her thighs clench. What a git! It was such a lame joke-hey, she could admit it's lameness-that he shouldn't have even graced it with a smile much less that particular one.

Ginny shifted in her seat, her folded arms slipping from her chest to her stomach, and scowled as Malfoy's eyes shifted up and own the length of her face. From his cocky expression, he knew what that smile did to the female population too. Her fingers folded, balling into a fist. She wanted to punch that smirk off his mouth.

She could feel his eyes on her like a pair of hands, running up and down. Ginny, in that moment was hyper aware of how she was dressed and her pulse raced as he seemed to pause at her exposed legs. This jerk… he was not going to make her angry before meeting this woman.

Did he have to bite his lip like that? She just knew he was going to do something to piss her off.

"I'll be happy to drive you where ever you'd like to go." His tone was soft, but he may as well have shouted at her for the way she responded to it. It was as if he was compelling her to get up and help him bite that lip. As if!

"O-oh," Ginny said.

Well, she'd been going for more of a classy retort really.

"What are we talking about?" she asked, denying the urge to clear her head with a shake, but the deliciously amused laugh from Malfoy did the job just fine.

"You said you needed to borrow my car. I'll be happy to drive you wherever you want to go," Malfoy said.

She didn't know what else to say. He was being nice to her again, what could she say? Man, this was so weird. "Okay. I'll um-I'll owl you."

His eyes twinkled with triumph and he gave a small nod. "We should be going. Enjoy your date."

"Yeah, um," she said and scowled instantly. Did she have to sound like a breathless loser? "Hey, where are you both off to?"

"The Minister of Magic is having a small dinner party for close friends." Harry supplied before heading towards the counter to put in his order.

Ginny nodded. "I understand Harry, but why you Malfoy?"

Draco shrugged, not taking offense. "Probably needs to borrow money."

When Harry came back with both his and Malfoy's order Ginny couldn't hide the gleeful smile as she watched Malfoy's lustful, anticipatory stare he gave his iced drink, topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. When his tongue darted out to capture a taste, his helpless moan was enough to make even a child think his obsessions with sweets was cute. Ginny chuckled slightly, thinking is abnormal attachment to sweets was the one appealing thing he had going for him.

Ginny was still shaking her head, smiling wildly as she watched them leave with Malfoy clutching his drink like it was a key to heaven. And two minutes after they left the bell chimed again. Ginny almost forgot to be nervous, but when she saw the tall brunette woman with long legs and flawless skin enter, she had a feeling her time was up and her hands started to shake.

The clutter of the workers and steaming coffee machines couldn't dim the sound the gulp Ginny let out. It had to be her, because in order for the girl to be somewhat normal looking Ginny would've had to be rather lucky. Now, she'd have to worry about hiding her envy at the woman's looks and make sure she didn't stumble on her words or her feet.

Hey, at least she's not ugly, Ginny thought to herself before scoffing. No, she just had to be so beautiful it hurt. Ginny knew then that this wasn't going to work.

This woman was way out of her league. This woman probably didn't even know the meaning of the terms knock-off designer or hand-me downs. If this woman was shiny gold then Ginny was dirty copper.

Ginny needed a plausible excuse to skedaddle, so when she glanced at the clock and noted that the woman was ten minutes late, she knew she had her out. Setting a stony expression, Ginny watched as the girl paused in her tracks, her body turning partially towards her as the woman's caramel colored eyes widened slightly as she examined Ginny, taking in her appearance, inch by inch. Ginny clenched her jaw and quickly averted her gaze. Ginny didn't need to see the disappointment in her eyes. She pushed her chair out and got up to leave.

"Gin?" The breathy, feminine voice called out to Ginny like fingers trying to turn her around, but she managed to resist, until she felt a smooth hand tap her bare shoulder.

"Are you Gin?"

Defeated, she turned, but not before wiping her sweaty palms against her skirt. Here goes nothing.

"Ny-Ginny," she corrected.

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->