Unofficial Portkey Archive

Kissing Ginevra Weasley by gypsybaby21
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Kissing Ginevra Weasley

gypsybaby21

Chapter thirteen: (Draco)

"What is that bloody awful noise?"

"Here kitty, kitty!" George started, bending at the knees and making a clucking sound.

Draco raised an eyebrow, wishing he didn't have his hands full of coffee so that he could cover his ears. "You think it's a cat?"

George nodded, his burnt orange colored hair falling into his eyes as he answered, "a dying one."

Fred chuckled as he walked by and nodded his head towards Ginny's desk. "It's Ginny."

"Why the hell does she sound like a dying cat and why are the two of you here so early?" George asked. "Usually, it's me and Draco who are here first!"

Fred's eyes twinkled mischievously. "Well, brother dear, had you bothered to come home last night, you'd have found me up thinking on our next money maker. It's all thanks to Ginny really. Why she's here so early I don't know. She did have a successful date last night though."

Draco became extremely wary because though he'd funded the business, had shares in it, he still somehow managed to become a test dummy for all three of the Weasley's. It irritated him to no end and it was usually Ginny's doing per the coercion of her brothers. For some reason they believed he'd let her get away with anything.

And isn't it true? What wouldn't I do for her?

"Is that why she's singing? It has to be because she never gets this happy about experiments unless they involve damaging our boss." George conclusion caused Draco to snort.

"Too true. It's not going too right?"

Fred chuckled, ignoring Draco's question. "Apparently, they were only supposed to meet for coffee. Ginny, of course, almost chickened out, and then they ended up spending hours together. The bloke kissed her at the end and Ginny was all 'pleasantly surprised' about it. She said she even kissed him back a little."

Draco's ears perked at the 'bloke' comment, but he wasn't stupid enough to mention it. Ginny may not want them to know her date was a female. Hearing about the kiss again though made his stomach churn with jealously and he desperately wanted to escape to the only closed door office in the building, his, and throw the coffee he bought for her across the room. He was rather tempted, until they all finally turned the corner, and she damn near took his breath away.

Ginny smiled brilliantly up at the three most important men in her life, or so Draco liked to think, as she watched them come towards her. Draco scowled as he caught a glimpse at the leaflets that scattered her desk about women. He watched as Ginny frowned, catching him staring at the contents on her desk, and then quickly glanced down, as if remembering her most recent purchase at the book store on certain things. She shoved the leaflets into her drawer, before glancing up again. "Good morning dears, how was your evening?"

George smugly licked his bottom lip and shrugged, pulling up a chair to sit on the other side of his sister. "Climatic."

Ginny's smile dropped from her face, her lips curled in disgust, and she scowled. "Gross," she mumbled.

Draco bit his bottom lip to keep from grinning widely at her sexy, disgusted expression that caused her bottom lip to pop out more. He resisted the urge to set the cups of coffee down and pull her to him, so he could kiss her awake, to make her realize what she had in front of her face.

Want me Ginny, not Pansy, he thought desperately.

As if on cue, she looked up.

"Malfoy, having a slow morning?"

"What?"

"You have two coffees."

He jerked forward, suddenly feeling put on the spot, his cheeks turning pink. "One's for you."

Ginny's eyes widened in shock and Draco felt his breath slip once more. Merlin, she was beautiful.

"Oh. Thank you, I-" she stopped and accepted the coffee.

"So tell us about your date," George interrupted and Draco felt the need to strangle him for taking her attention away from.

She gave an evil chuckle and turned towards her brothers. "It was fabulous. Best date I've had in a really, really long time."

"So just to be clear, we don't know him right?" George asked, with a warning tone in his voice.

Ginny stopped for a moment, her eyes taking in everyone, clearly contemplating whether she should tell them her little secret. "Um, yeah, I'm-no, no you don't know him. He went to a different school and just recently moved here I think."

Draco, who had just been about to take a sip of his coffee paused, resting the lid on his bottom lip as he examined her. He watched her flustered expression as she dove into the lie, clasping at it like a lifeline.

There's no way they'll buy this, he thought looking towards the twins. Ginny's always been a horrible liar.

"Well, we still need to meet him," Fred supplied sternly.

"Um, not at the moment you don't. Who's to say it'll last anyhow?"

Fred gave his little sister a serious look. "Be sure not to put out for like two years and then it'll last."

Ginny's eyes widened in disbelief, "two years- you're ridiculous and…" she shivered with what looked like disgust as she thought about what Fred had just said. Clearly the idea of bedding Pansy didn't sit too well with her. Merlin he hoped so. "And ew."

Draco raised an eyebrow, hoping to get her to continue. "What's 'ew'? The concept of sleeping with this new bloke?"

Thank you, thank you, thank you, he chanted.

She looked unsure as she glanced at a piece of paper on her desk.

______________

Why in the hell did Malfoy have to be so nosy?

"I don't know. I guess I'm, well you see, the thing is," she stopped and turned sharply to look at Malfoy, examining his stupidly gorgeous face and posture.

Why she hadn't gotten with the program sooner she'd never know, but he was one of Pansy's best friends, so of course he'd know, and he was purposely making her uncomfortable, in front of her brothers who hadn't a clue she'd been with a girl.

"May I speak with you in your office?" she asked as casually as possible.

Malfoy raised an eyebrow and with a sweeping gesture walked towards his office. She followed quickly resisting a good swift kick to the arse as she almost bumped into him when he stopped to open his door. She walked in, shutting the door behind them, and scowled as she saw him casually leaning against his desk, his white tuxedo shirt rolled up at the sleeves, showing his muscular forearms.

"How can I do you?" he asked.

"Excuse me?"

He cleared his throat and stood up a little straighter. "I mean, how can I help you?"

"Malfoy, you know. Don't play dumb."

He sighed and sat on the edge of his desk, contemplating his next answer carefully. "I do. She told me the other night."

Clearly, she was trying to be upset at the fact that he knew, but she gave in rather quickly to her curiosity, and pulled up a chair, doing something she later would question. "So," she started.

Malfoy cocked his head to the side, watching her face curiously. "So?"

Valid HTML 4.0! Document created with wvWare/wvWare version 1.2.7

-->