Unofficial Portkey Archive

In my secret life by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

In my secret life

leedee

AN: I just want to say thanks to all of you who take the time to review the story, it means a lot! Keep it up guys!

-

-

Chapter 12

No Other Love

No other love ~ darlin I'm flying
No other love ~ darlin I'm flying
I can go ~ I can go anywhere
But no other love can take me there

"No Other Love" - Heart

Isaac leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I haven't seen you all week. How have you been?" He spoke softly so the others wouldn't hear. Hermione forced a smile.

"Oh, you know me - busy, busy." She looked around at all the faces looking excitedly at them. Apparently they all liked the idea of Hermione having a new boyfriend.

"Well if we are having a party I guess I'd better go and get ready," she muttered. "Ron, would you just help me with something upstairs?" She jerked her head towards the stairs. He put down the drink he was holding and hurried after her. She didn't speak until they were in her room, and the door was closed. Ron sat down on the bed and grinned at her.

"You're welcome," he continued. "I mean I must admit, that it still bothers me slightly, the thought of you with someone else. But, hey, it's been two years and…"

She grimaced at him and interrupted. "Are you done yet?" she snapped.

"What's with everyone today? First Ginny and now you…" he shrugged.

"Why was Ginny mad at you?" she asked curiously.

"Well apparently I shouldn't have invited Zoya,"

"You invited Zoya?" she sighed. "Of course you did…." She let Ron go back down as she was about to get ready. She sat down on her desk chair and slumped down over the desk. What a mess! How should she act? She couldn't be rude to Isaac, he had been nothing but nice to her. But she couldn't very well let him flirt like he always did, Harry would be furious about that. The last thing she wanted was for Harry not to trust her again. And what about Zoya and Ginny? They would be all over Harry. She would have a hard time watching that, especially since she was pretty sure that Zoya had been with Harry. She looked into her mirror and asked herself out loud, "How do you get into these situations?"

She opened her closet and decided on what to wear. She walked out of the room wearing a slick pair of blue jeans and an off-the-shoulder, grey sweater with sleeves that stopped three-fourths of the way down her arm. She didn't have time to do anything to her hair so she just put it up in a tight pony-tail. As she was putting on some lip-gloss, she could hear Zoya shrieking with delight, which could only mean one thing: Harry was home.

Hermione began walking downstairs, but stopped before she was in sight, she peeked around the edge and saw Harry trying to get his coat of while Zoya was pulling his arm. She saw Harry give her a quick hug. Zoya was wearing a very short red dress, and she looked more like a slut than she ever had before. She took a deep breath and thought, You can do this Hermione, just be strong, and keep up the act… Oh, who am I kidding? This is going to be hell. She walked down the stairs and tried not to look fazed by Harry's presence. Zoya gave her an arrogant look and turned her attention back to Harry, but he was looking at Hermione.

"Hi, welcome home Harry," Hermione gave him a sweet smile. He walked over to her and put his arms around her. He knew he couldn't kiss her here in front of everyone, but when no one saw he took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He enjoyed the scent of her. He'd had an awful week, running around Glasgow looking for a dark wizard who was selling some very dangerous potions.

"You look wonderful," he whispered softly. She didn't feel wonderful at all. Zoya looked very sexy, and Ginny had also made a fuss. She was wearing a dark green, long dress that really made her hair look like fire.

"I'm not sure I can do this," she whispered back.

"Sure you can."

"Isaac is here as well," she whispered and he pulled away from her and looked a little surprised. She followed the rest into the living room where the table was already full of drinks. She was happy to see that Fred had brought Angelina. They were sitting together on the sofa, and Neville sat next to them, looking uncomfortable every time they kissed. Harry sat down in the armchair and Ginny sat down on the floor next to him. Zoya sat down on Harry's lap, and just as Hermione raised her eyebrow irritably, Harry said, "Zoya, do you mind? My legs are really sore from walking all week." She looked disappointed but obeyed and moved over to one of the kitchen chairs. Isaac had carried out an extra kitchen chair for Hermione and she sat. She had a feeling that this would be a long night.

I can just excuse myself and go to bed early, she thought, but I haven't seen Harry all week. I want to be near him. And besides, I need to keep an eye on Zoya…Harry is mine now!

Isaac handed her a drink and she took a rather large sip. Hermione noticed that Ginny was throwing Isaac a few glances; apparently she couldn't decide who she'd feast her eyes on tonight. That's fine, Hermione thought, Isaac is all yours - just leave Harry to me. The others were obviously really in the mood for a big party, but Hermione just wanted them all to go home. She just wanted to sneak into Harry's room after Ron had gone to bed and snog all night.

Seamus had brought two girls, both seemed infatuated with Isaac. This only made it easier for Hermione; she didn't have to keep talking to him all the time. She couldn't be rude to him, he was truly a great guy, but she couldn't very well keep flirting with him like she had done the previous weekend.

"We should play truth or dare, like last time," Ginny suggested.

"Yes!" Zoya, Seamus, and the two new girls yelled in one voice.

"I'm not playing," Harry said calmly. Neville, Hermione and Luna all agreed. Ron remained neutral, but the whole idea died out. Ginny had only wanted to play so she could get closer to Harry.

"Can we at least dance? Or are you party-poopers against that as well?" she asked sulkily. She pointed her want at the stereo and music started playing immediately. She grabbed Harry's hand and pulled him to his feet. Harry looked apologetically at Hermione, but she didn't really mind. She knew Harry hadn't had any interest in Ginny for a very long time. She felt a bit worse when Isaac took her hand and led her to the small area where everyone was dancing. She felt Harry's eyes fixed on them. The very second the song was over Zoya ran up to Ginny and Harry; she grabbed Harry and forced his arms around herself.

Hermione's gaze flittered from Zoya to Harry as she digested the scene before her. Her face tensed slightly when Zoya placed her hands around Harry's rear. Her eyes then remained on Harry for some time, observing every nuance of emotion that flickered onto his face. He firmly removed Zoya's hands and placed them around his neck. Hermione loved the song that was now playing

No other love ~ darlin I'm flying
No other love ~ darlin I'm flying
I can go ~ I can go anywhere
But no other love can take me there

It was as if it was a song was meant just for her and Harry. She was still dancing with Isaac, but Harry and she never broke eye-contact. She couldn't bear not dancing with Harry. She let go of Isaac and asked politely, "Would you mind horribly if I had just one dance with Harry?" He smiled and followed her up to Harry and Zoya. Zoya looked very cross when Hermione tapped her shoulder. "Hardly," she snapped at Hermione.

"Don't be rude, Zoya," Harry impulsively spat back. She looked slightly hurt but started dancing with Isaac. Hermione's inside was sizzling and she felt almost nervous as she placed her arms around Harry's neck. He pulled her very close and she suppressed the urge to kiss him. He gently let his nose graze her neck, and she had to whisper a silent moan. She got completely overwhelmed when she felt the tip of his tongue lightly touch her neck.

"Stop it," she pleaded.

"I can't."

"You're killing me," she whispered with actual pain in her voice.

"I believe I said that to you once," he grinned contently. Harry glanced around the room. Besides Zoya throwing them the occasional angry look, no one had even noticed that they were dancing together.

"You look really great tonight and I have missed you so much," he whispered so close to her ear that Hermione could feel his warm breath; it took all her self-control not to kiss him right there.

"Oh Harry," was all she could get out.

After the song was over Hermione had to excuse herself for a minute. Her face was so red, and her heart was beating so fast. She needed to go outside and breathe for a second. She walked out on the grey, cold street and sat down on the pavement. She looked up at the starry sky and leaned back on her hands. She watched her breath as she exhaled into the cold air.

When she heard the front door open, she closed her eyes and pleaded silently. Please, don't be Isaac, she thought. She turned her head and was relieved to see Harry.

"Hi, there," Harry said sweetly. "It's freezing cold out here. You're going to get sick." He saw down next to her, so close that their shoulders were touching.

"I like it, look at the stars, it's wonderful. I just don't feel like going back in there. The music is so loud, and everyone is getting drunk."

"Well I notice you're sober," he bit his bottom lip. He wanted to kiss her.

"Yes, and so are you," she looked at his lip and knew exactly what he was feeling. She looked up at the sky again. Harry took her hand in his and laid it in his lap. He tried to warm her hands with his, rubbing them fast.

"You are shaking, we should go inside."

"No I like out here," she answered, "it's the only private moment we've had all night." And typically, just with those words the front door opened.

"There ya're wus looking for you," Ron slurred. He squeezed himself between his friends and put one arm around each shoulder.

"Had a few drinks huh?" Harry laughed.

"What's thatzupposed to mean?" Ron asked and laughed back. Hermione had to breath through her mouth so she couldn't feel the strong smell of firewhiskey. Ron kissed her cheek, and then he turned and did the same to Harry. "You two…the best people," he sounded almost sentimental.

"All right, mate," Harry stifled a laugh and he and Hermione helped Ron up. When they got inside they met Zoya and Seamus in the hallway, Harry excused himself and said he was very tired and wanted to go to sleep.

"Good idea, sweetie," Zoya said and gave him a wicked smile.

"Oh, sorry Zoya. I'm going to sleep alone. But I can call you a taxi if you'd like." Zoya gave him a furious look, but agreed to a taxi. Hermione had to keep herself from not shouting that Harry belonged to her.

One hour after Harry had gone upstairs Hermione said goodnight to everyone. Isaac insisted on following her to her door upstairs. They walked up the stairs together and she stopped at her door. "Here's my room, I think I can manage from here," she joked.

"Maybe I should come in and look under the bed, make sure there are no monsters in there." He smiled his splendid smile at her.

She laughed it off and continued, "You shouldn't go home just because I am going to bed. Stay and have fun!"

He shook his head. "I just came to see you."

She leaned against the wall. She was a little uncomfortable knowing that Harry was in the next room. Isaac leaned his elbow against the door, standing very close to her.

"May I kiss you?" he whispered. She didn't know what to say, her mind was racing, what should she answer? Harry's door opened.

"Oh, hi," he yawned, "just going to the loo." Isaac backed away from Hermione and she smiled at him.

"Goodnight, Isaac," she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. A little frustrated, he went back downstairs and Hermione retreated into her room and leaned against the wall. That had been too close. There was a light tap on the door and she opened it carefully. Harry was standing there, he was wearing only pyjama bottoms and he looked incredibly cute. She let him in and leaned against the door again as it closed. Harry didn't speak, he just looked at her. He took her hands in his and placed them on his chest.

"I am scared," Hermione whispered.

"Why?"

"I don't know… maybe because it went so wrong last time. I don't want to lose you again." She had tears in her eyes now.

Harry stepped so close that their bodies were touching. "You won't lose me, I promise." He slowly started kissing her lips, very gentle.

"You…" One more kiss. "…are…" He bit her bottom lip. "…stuck with…" His tongue gently touched where he just had bitten. "…me."

She let one of her hands run through his hair. She didn't feel scared any longer, she felt safe with Harry. She knew he would never let anything bad happen to her, and she would never let anything happen to him. Nothing could come between them again. The past was truly behind them, finally. All that mattered was right there in that room. Harry pulled her shirt over her head and touched her shoulder so lightly that she could hardly feel it.

"I love you, Hermione."

"I love you, Harry."

-->