Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

"Turn that bloody thing off!" Remus exclaimed.

"I'm trying it's not working," James cried. He was trying to get an animated baby to sleep, but it wasn't working at all.

"Get it out of here," Sirius yawned, "I'm trying to get my beauty sleep." James found it a little amusing that even though Sirius was slightly unconscious he could still act like a prat. He grumbled something that resembled "Fine" and went down to the Gryffindor Common Room.

***

Lily Evans is a respectable 17 year old girl. She was in her 7th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Not to mention that she was Head Girl. It was the second week of the new school year and she couldn't sleep. She kept hearing a strange noise that sounded like a baby. "That's impossible," she thought, "There can't be babies at Hogwarts." She heard the same wailing sound again and decided to go find out what it was.

***

"What's going on?" said a feminine voice coming from the girls staircase.

Even though the only light was coming from the fireplace, James knew exactly who she was by her voice. He memorized that voice. He dreamed about that voice. He loved that voice.

As she got closer he could see that she didn't bother to put a robe on. She was wearing a tank top and short pajama shorts. They showed off her curves and thighs perfectly.

He was so entranced by what she was wearing that he didn't notice that she was in front of him or that she repeated her question.

"Potter, what's going on?"

"N-nothing," he stuttered.

"Don't lie to me!" she exclaimed, "and what is that noise?"

"Oh…. Umm it's just something my mum sent me," James said shyly.

"It sounds like a baby."

"It is."

"WHAT!?"

"It's animated not the real thing," he cried. "My baby cousin is coming for Christmas and I have to watch him. Mum doesn't think that I will be able to take care of him so she sent me this. I don't think it's going to work considering as I can't get it to stop crying," he knew he was rambling so he stopped there. Lily then grabbed the baby out of his hands.

"Did you try to feed it?"

"Yes."

"Burp it?"

"Yes."

"Change it?"

"Yes- wait you have to do that?" he looked like a shocked little kid.

"Merlin, Potter, it's a baby!"

"But it's fake!"

"It is still a baby," she yelled while rolling her eyes. She then transfigured a blanket into a diaper and in minutes the baby was sleeping.

"What did you… how did you…?" James stuttered.

She smiled, his stomach did a flip-flop. "I have a younger brother. Had some practice I guess." She sat down next to James and he turned to her and asked, "Why did you help me?"

"Honestly?" she asked. He nodded. "You looked absolutely miserable and that can't happen unless I make you look that way," she teased. "Plus, I could just see Sirius tearing you to shreds if you went back up there with this thing."

James eyes lit up and he grinned, "Oh." Lily couldn't stop herself, he just looked so adorable that she smiled back. She suddenly had a strange sensation it her stomach that made her want to kiss him. She had no idea where that feeling came from.

James had been such an arrogant toerag for the past couple of years. And he didn't stop asking her out till this year.

"But he isn't so bad this year," she thought, "he's not picking on Snape, and he's not doing too many pranks. He is also tutoring 1st years, and he is starting to look damn sexy"

"Whoa, did I just call James Potter sexy?"

"Damn sexy to be exact," said another voice in her head.

"Where the hell did you come from?"

"I was always here and maybe your finally realizing your feelings for him because your staring at his bare chest."

Lily blushed at what she was looking at and looked into his hazel eyes. Hoping that he didn't know what she was staring at. The smile on his face lit up his eyes and could only mean one thing… he knew.

Before she could say or do anything stupid she quickly said, " Well, James, I'm going to go back to bed." She ran up the stairs blushing like a complete idiot.

James had a grin plastered to his face and was slowly making his way up to his dorm. All he could think about was how Lily Evans had just called him by his first name.

***

At breakfast the next morning Lily kept zoning back to the night before. She couldn't believe that she wanted to kiss him and was about to. Thankfully her senses came back to her and she ran like the scared little girl she was. She was brought out her memory by laughter coming from down the table. When she looked she saw the marauders minus 1. Sirius and Remus were laughing at Peter. He somehow got a diaper charmed onto his head. Had to be James's doing not doubt.

Speaking of the marauder, the Great Hall suddenly got quiet. Lily's best friend Alyssa nudged her in the ribs and pointed to the Entrance. Standing there was James Potter with a whimpering baby in his arms. His eyes met Lily's and he started walking towards her ignoring the chuckles and snickers coming from other students. Soon he was sitting next to her and shoving the baby bundle into her arms. She reluctantly took it from him and conjured the diaper from Peter's head and went to work.

***

Alyssa Michaels had dark blonde hair and bright almost clear blue eyes, completely different from Lily's piercing green eyes and flaming red hair. Alyssa was a pureblood while Lily was a muggle-born. They formed a bond no matter how different they were. They met on the Hogwarts Express in their first year, along with Sophie and Autumn.

Alyssa wasn't one to be patient so on their way to the Charms classroom she began to question Lily. "What was that about?"

"What was what about?" Lily asked innocently.

"Don't play dumb with me Evans!"

"Ooh, so I guess we are now using surnames, right Michaels?" Lily teased

Alyssa grinned, "Come on Lil, please tell me what that was about."

"Ok, ok," she said and told her friend everything except her new found feeling, if that's what you could call it.

Not far behind them Sirius was going crazy. He could not for the life of him figure out why Evans didn't tell James off for sitting next to her.

"Padfoot, I already told you. She helped me last night and I just figured that she would help me again."

"But she didn't yell Prongs, maybe the Potter Charm is finally working!"

***

Later that night Lily was sitting in the Common Room on her favorite chair. She was reading one of her favorite mystery books, "And Then There Were None" when James came storming into the room and plopped down on the couch.

Lily reluctantly got up and walked towards him. "What's wrong?" she asked.

He was about to tell her to leave him alone when he saw the sincere look in her eyes. "It's this- this thing. It won't shut the hell up!" he screamed. "Professor Werner deducted 50 house points because of its crying."

"James it is not that hard. I'll teach you."

"Really?"

She nodded, "Really, first take off the diaper."

"Like this?" James asked. She nodded again. "Hey!" James exclaimed, "it's a boy!"

Lily giggled, "I never new you were so observant James."

Ok, chapter one is finished! I hope you liked it! Please read and leave lots of reviews! I love reviews!! If you don't review I don't know if I'll be able to continue with the story!