Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

"So Sophie, why didn't you come back to the room last night?" Lily asked at breakfast the next morning.

"I-I umm…," Sophie started

"Sophie, did you?" Alyssa asked with bulging eyes.

"No, no, I just lost track of time. You would never guess how much we have in common, he's so funny but yet he's shy. That's why he doesn't talk that much!" Sophie exclaimed. "So what did I miss last night?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing really I just got dared to prank the Slytherins this morning. Which is completely unfair," she said louder than needed just to get the Marauders attention.

"Did you think of a prank yet?" Sirius asked only a couple people down.

"Yeah, it should begin in about… Five, Four, Three, Two, One…"

On the other side of the Great Hall the Slytherins were looking at there goblets strangely for they had started to bubble. Once all of the Slytherins were hovering over there drinks they exploded like fireworks, sending juice and milk everywhere! Then the bacon started to fly around like bats, pecking at the students head, hands, and clothes! The eggs started hopping around like frogs, landing on some of the student's heads! There were screams and laughter echoing throughout the Great Hall. That was until Professor Werner performed the counter curse and marched over to the Gryffindor boys.

"Why in the world did you guys do that? Detention, the four of you!"

"But Professor they didn't do it, I did," Alyssa claimed.

"Well then, since I don't believe you, the six of you will have detention! Miss Goldbloom not included."

Alyssa giggled "That went well, I don't see why Sophie didn't get detention but whatever. Anyway it probably wasn't up to your standards but I think that it worked pretty good. Did you see there faces?" Alyssa laughed.

"You did good, but how did you come up with it?" James questioned.

"Well, Lily thought of the juice exploding. But I thought of the bacon bats, and the hippity hoppity eggs!" Lily sent Alyssa a questioning look and kicked her under the table. "Ouch! Okay, Fine! Lily thought of everything, but I liked the ideas, couldn't you just picture eggs sticking to Snape's greasy hair!" she declared.

"Wow, I never thought that Lily would do something like that," Peter grumbled.

"Yeah Lily, what possessed you to do that?" Remus asked.

Lily blushed not knowing how to explain herself but she decided on the truth. "Well… when you guys would prank me I would be so furious that I would sit on my bed and make up pranks for you. Lets just say that I have over one hundred carefully plotted and brilliant pranks ready for you guys!"

"Oh, do you here that James? We best watch our backs or we might get attacked by flying bacon!" Sirius laughed.

"I bet you wouldn't be laughing if you were a Slytherin," Alyssa spoke.

"Nope, I bet that he'd be crying like a little baby by now!" Sophie agreed.

"For one, I do not cry like a little baby, I may whimper occasionally but I do not cry! And another, there is no way that Lily would do magic outside of class! Its against the rules." Sirius exclaimed.

"Do you want to prove that Sirius?" Lily asked, "because I'm more that willing to make you cry and breaking the rules is kind of fun!"

"Oh really, you want to break the rules just to get back at us?"

"Nope, just to get back at you."

"So do we have a bet in the making?"

"It seems that way, doesn't it?"

"What are the rules for this said bet?"

"You can't get help from anyone. You can't do anything to make them sick or injuries that last longer that a week."

"Deal!" Remus yelled, "the rest of us will come up with more rules and fill you in. It starts after Christmas break!"

"Wait! What! I didn't agree yet! I want to now how I win!"

"Mmhhh, I guess we could do whoever cries first but no using crying spells." James stated.

"No onions either!" yelled Lily.

"Speaking of crying, where's Harry?" Alyssa asked.

"Autumn took him from me, said she needed some bonding time with Lily's kid."

"My kid?"

"Of course, it had to come from somewhere and I don't think a stork dropped it off on James's bed. And since James only has eyes for you it's obvious who the mother is. I just cant believe you kept it a secret for that long!" Sophie said with a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Sophie, I swear you come from a different planet. Only you would come up with something like that for a fake baby!"

"Yes! I came from the planet of the Highly Intelligent!"

"Planet Crazy," Sirius said/coughed.

"Oh, we will just see how-" Sophie started before she was rudely interrupted.

"Alyssa is that your owl?" James asked.

Alyssa smiled, "Yup, ello Sugar Cube, how are you?"

"What does it say? What does it say?" Lily screamed, practically jumping up and down in her seat.

"Mum said you can come for Christmas, even though it is such short notice," Alyssa rolled her eyes. "Three weeks is not short notice. She understands why you don't want to go to the wedding and that she never liked her sister so she knows how you feel."

"You don't want to go to your own sisters wedding?" Peter said completely shocked for he was an only child.

"It's not that I don't want to go, I just wasn't invited," Lily said sourly. "Plus his family doesn't like me that well so it's for the best. Anyway, I should go send a letter to my mum. See you guys later!"

***

"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" Autumn cried at the Platform 9 ¾. "Jesse isn't coming home for Christmas so it's going to be so boring."

"Floo over, we can have a girls night!" Alyssa squealed. "Maybe it can be the night of the… cough cough…" Alyssa said while nodding her head furiously at Lily. Lily raised both of her eyebrows questionably and opened her mouth to say something but was whirled around to face Sirius Black.

"Hi darlin, James wants to see you. He's by his parents," he said while pointing to a family by the barrier.

As Lily started walking towards them she felt nervous. 'Who knows what James has told them about me. He probably said the I'm a stuck-up know it all snob. Or maybe even a mudblood. No James isn't like that and I doubt that is parent are either. Well, here goes nothing.'

"Hi, Sirius said you wanted to talk to me."

"Yeah, my parent want to know if I took care of Har- the baby. Sirius told them that I made you do all the work."

Lily laughed, "It started out that way, but after he knew how to do it he didn't need that much help anymore. Even though he said he did."

"So you think he will be able to care of a real baby now?" asked a tall brown haired lady that had the same eyes as James. 'Well duh, it's probably his mum.'

"Because we don't want Daniel to turn out like Sirius do we? That boy was dropped on his head too many times." said a fairly handsome older man with a smile on his face. The same smile that James had on right now. His father. So that's where he got that hair from.

"Oh yes, we definitely don't need another Sirius, one is plenty! And yes James should be able to handle an alive baby. Just make sure he doesn't give it sugar."
"Wonderful," the couple chorused.

"I'm going to walk her back to her friends, be back in a minute." James stated. "So Lily, are you doing anything interesting on your vacation?"

"Well, as you already know I'm going to Alyssa's, otherwise no nothing special. Why?"

"My family has a ball every Christmas and I was wondering if you would like to go with. Alyssa and Autumn come every year and Sophie could come to if she would like. And you would get to see Daniel, the little devils the reason I needed that dumb doll." James said slightly embarrassed.

"If Alyssa comes every year, wont I have to come too?"

James grinned, "Well yes, I guess. But I wanted to give you an official invitation."

Lily giggled, "Thanks, I guess I will come."

"As my date?" James murmured.

Lily stopped walking, turned towards James and bit her lip. James could tell she was deep in thought. "I mean, we could go as friends or you could just come by yourself. I was just hoping tha-"

"James."

"Mhh."

"I'll come as your date."

"REALLY?" James screamed.

Lily giggled, "Really."

"Wow! I can't believe it! I'll pick you up at… no just come with Alyssa and we'll meet at the party. Sound good?"

"Sounds great. I'll see you then, bye."

"Bye," James whispered.

When Lily reached her friends she turned around just in time to see James get tackled by Sirius. She could hear distant 'you did it mate' or 'she said yes!' and her personal favorite, 'she finally fell for the Potter charm!'

She was brought back to the present with three squeals and one giant huge. "I knew you would say yes! Now as soon as we get to my house we are going shopping! We're going to find you the most fabulous dress and James wont be able to keep his eyes or hands off of you!" Alyssa squealed again while she did a little dance.

I wrote this chapter in two days! But I wanted to get it out as a treat for you guys before you got a bigger treat with the new book! Does that even make sense?? I understand if you don't think that its good and leave reviews if you don't like it so I know what I'm doing wrong. And I'm sorry that I haven't updated in awhile, but its summer, my chance to have fun! No school! Anyways, I have been working on both of my stories and reading the ones that I like that have been updated, but that's not really a excuse. Sorry!

And for the prank war between Lily and Sirius I need ideas there is no way that I can come up with a lot of pranks. So if you have any ideas please leave a review and I will try and use your idea in my story! Don't worry I will give whoever helps credit.

OMG! The final book…. Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows… comes out in 1 day 6 hours 29 minutes and 9 seconds!!! I am sooooo excited but yet I'm nervous I don't want Harry or Hermione to die that would be horrible. I don't like Ron that much so I really don't care about him. LOL joking, if anyone should die it should be Voldemort!

Review please!