Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

Don't shoot! I'm sorry it has been just about a month but wow, time flies so fast! Christmas it going to be here in one month! Can you believe it! Snow! I get to play in the snow! Yes, I am a kid at heart!

Enjoy!

The next morning Lily woke up to an empty bed. She called for James thinking that maybe he was in the bathroom. When there was no answer she slowly slipped out of the bed. She stepped on something soft; looking down she saw that it was a petal from her favorite flower. To her surprise there was a whole petal path leading to the bathroom.

When she opened the door, the smell of vanilla hit her instantly. Walking into the bathroom she saw that the petals separated into two paths, one leading to the sink the other to the tub. She decided to go to the sink first.

On the counter was a piece of parchment that had her name written on it. When she opened it her heart swelled and her eyes filled with tears, for it was the sweetest thing that she had ever read.

My flower,

I have gone to fetch you breakfast. But before I left I decided to start a bubble bath for you. It is vanilla scented, your favorite. Please, my darling, take your time. Relax and when you are done come out, for your breakfast should be ready.

I have the most perfect day planned for you. You will love it just as much as I love you!

Relax, my sweetheart, for we have a long day ahead of us.

"I have the most sweetest guy as a boyfriend," Lily murmured as she walked to the tub. She took off her clothes, and as soon as she stepped into the hot water, her favorite song began to play from out of nowhere. "Wow, James really is perfect."

***

"Remus!" James yelled as he was running down the corridor. Remus turned around and started laughing when he saw his best friend running like a maniac while carrying a tray full of food.

"Did Sirius miss breakfast again this morning?" he asked.

"No, this is for Lily. Remus I have to ask you something."

"Hmm."

"Well, I hate asking this but could I possibly get out of it tonight? I have this whole thing planed for Lily. She is going to love it. I'm going to take her to Hogsmeade, but if you need me I will-"

"James, don't worry. I will be fine. Sirius and Peter have my back. You make your girl have the time of her life. I want Lily to be herself again."

"Merlin, Remus, you have to be the best mate ever!"

Remus laughed, "All of my hard work has finally paid off! I am now better than Sirius!"

James laughed too, "Thanks so much, Remus, but I got to go!"

"Have fun lover boy!" he hollered after him.

***

When Lily opened the door, she saw James sitting on his bed with a tray of food beside him. His eyes were closed and he seemed to be asleep. Lily walked to him and gently traced her fingers along his face, outlining his eyes, nose, and mouth. When she went to pull her hand away, someone grabbed it. She squeaked and jumped.

James laughed and pulled her onto his lap. "Your so cute when you are surprised."

"I though you were asleep. You could have given me a heart attack!" she said as she swatted at his arm.

"Sorry, babe, it won't happen again." James said smirking.

Lily smiled a slow smile, "I love you."

"I love you too. Now eat up. We got a lot to do today."

"What exactly are we doing?" she asked as she bit into a banana nut muffin.

"Shopping."

Lily choked on her pumpkin juice. "You are taking me shopping?"

"Yes."

"For what?"

"Anything. Today is your day, Lily. We are doing whatever you want, except I added a few things."

"Well, what are we waiting for, lets go!" she said as she raced out of the room.

***

Down in the Common Room, all of their other friends where sitting around a table. They heard a door slam and two different laughs. Down the stairs one person came running while the other yelled for them to get back here.

They saw Lily jump off the last three steps and run toward the exit. Halfway there, she turned around only to see that James was gaining on her. She squeaked, laughed, and started to run again.

After they were both out in the corridor the six friends burst out laughing. "Merlin, she is in a good mood," Sophie said.

"I bet it is all James doing," Sirius added.

"He makes her so happy. Nobody would guess that she went to her mother's and brother's funeral yesterday." Alyssa stated.

"They understand each other more than any other couple that I know. I'm so happy she found him!" Autumn said happily.

"They found each other six years ago but they didn't know it. He is taking her to Hogsmeade today." Remus exclaimed.

"What if he doesn't make it tonight?" Peter asked.

"He's not. We already talked about it."

"Sure you let him miss for a girl but you won't let me!?!"

"Sirius, this is important. Plus, Lily needs him."

"Alyssa needs me!"

"Next time, mate."

"Fine."

Everyone started laughing again, though the girls had no clue as to what they were talking about.

***

James finally caught up with Lily a couple of floor down. He grabbed her arm and spinned her so that he had her pinned against the wall. He looked down into her eyes, he saw that there was laughter but the twinkle was still gone.

Lily smirked and tried to push James away. He threw his head back and laughed, because he barely moved. He then dipped his head and met his lips with hers. They stayed like that for a good couple of minutes before Lily started to giggle against his lips.

"Why are you laughing?" he questioned.

"We have an audience."

James whipped around and saw that Mrs. Norris and her master where standing at the end of the hall watching them with lots of interest. James' face filled with disgust at being watched kissing his girlfriend by the sickest caretaker of all time.

The caretaker was slowly making his way toward them with a weird look in his eyes. James looked horrified. "Lily, I think we need to go now!" he whispered urgently.

Lily giggled, grabbed his hand and ran.

***

They were sitting in a carriage on their way down to Hogsmeade and James was still raving. "I mean seriously, why would Dumbledore hire a sick perverted guy like that? He was watching us snog! Is that not disgusting?"

"Maybe we should snog in the Great Hall. Then we would find out who all the perverted people are and then we will know who to stay away from."

"That is an excellent idea."

"I hope you know that you won't be able to talk to Sirius again though."

"Why?"

"Because he is one of those people."

"Ha ha. Sirius isn't as sick as Filch."

"No, but he will be soon."

"True."

Lily laughed. "Where are we going to first?"

"The Three Broomsticks. We need some butterbeer!"

***

They had gone into all of the store in the tiny little town. James had bought everything that Lily looked at. It was getting slightly dark so right now they were seated under a huge tree beside the Shrieking Shack. James had though that this place would be their first date spot, but to his enjoyment it turned out to be their 67th. The bartender from the Hogs Head brought out a picnic basket as soon as they sat down. Inside was the most wonderful meal that Lily had ever had. James had fed her grapes as if she was an Egyptian Queen. She loved the way he made her feel, even if she shouldn't be feeling that way right now.

"Lily, are you afraid of flying?" James asked her.

"A little, why?"

"Because we are going flying."

"Now?"

"Yes," he said as he went to the nearest bush and pulled out his broom. "Come on, let's go."

"James…"

"Lily, trust me, please."

"Don't let me fall."

"I won't. I promise."

Lily smiled at him and got on behind him. She wrapped her arms around his waist as tight as she could.

"Lils, I need air!" he joked.

"Keep talking smart arse and you will riding by yourself."

"Okay, I'm shutting up now."

Lily smirked; he always seemed to listen to her, no matter if it was something stupid that they were talking about.

"Are you ready."

"No."

"Lily…"

"No."

"I am going to kick off now."

"No."

With a swift kick they rose in the air. Lily scream rang in the air as she shut her eyes as tight as possible. As her scream's echo started to fade a howl was heard in the distant. Lily's eyes slowly opened and she whispered, "Poor Remus."

"You know about Remus?"

"I have known since fifth year, I just never said anything."

"Your opinion hasn't changed, has it?"

"No, Remus is like a brother to me. I don't care what happened to him as long as he is Remus."

"Merlin, I knew you were an angel."

Lily laughed again and viewed the ground at her new height. "It's beautiful up here."

"Yeah, that is why I love to fly. It gives me time to think about the little things and it also relieves me from the stress of life."

"Where are we going?"

"Into the forest."

"Remus?"

"They don't take him this far into the forest."

"Isn't it scary and dark in there?"

"Yes. Is Lily Evan scared of the dark?"

Lily's eyes filled up with laughter, "Yes, you might need to hold my hand."

"That I can do."

They landed on green grass that had flowers growing all around it. There was a small stream running right beside the trees and flat land of grass. James took her hand and led her up a nearby hill. On the top of the hill was a blanket. James sat down and pulled Lily along with him.

"Have you ever stargazed, Lily?"

"No, have you?"

"This is my first time."

"So that is what we are doing!"

"Yeah, is that okay with you?"

"It's perfect."

They laid there for a few moments, lost in their own thoughts before Lily finally murmured, "Second star to the right and straight on till morning."

"What?"

"Peter Pan. Have you never heard of him?"

"No, who is he?"

"Well, it is a muggle fairytale. It was my favorite when I was younger. My father would tell me it every night."

"Do you remember it?"

"Of course."

"Could you tell it to me?"

"I'd love to. The Darling family lived on a quiet street in London. There were three children in the family, Wendy, John, and little Michael." Lily continued on with the story and James was listening intensively through the whole thing. When she finished, they got back on the broom and rode around for a while before he stopped in front of the school. They made their way up the stairs and into James' room.

Lily went into the bathroom to change into her pajamas. When she came out James was already in his bed looking at one of his magazines. He looked up at her as she entered and smiled. She smiled back somewhat shyly. She sat beside him and just looked at him. She continued to look at him for many minutes; she didn't stop until he finally said something.

"You are staring at me."

She blushed, "Sorry, just thinking."

"About what?"

"Us."

That seemed to get his attention for his head whipped to the side and he looked at her, trying to read her expression. Not seeing what he was looking for he decided to ask.

"What about us?"

She was silent for a moment as if thinking if she should really say anything. Then with a gulp she opened her mouth to start speaking, "Do you want me, James?"

He opened his mouth like a fish out of water. He began to have an internal conflict. 'Does she mean like… like that?? Say something! What if I say the wrong thing? Say the right thing. What is the right thing??'

"Yes."

Her eyes snapped up to his, "Really?"

"Yes."

"Prove it," she said smiling evilly.

He smirked rather mischievously, "Gladly."

He rolled over so that he was on top of her and kissed her with more passion than he had ever before. She kissed him back with just as much passion if not more. They only broke apart when the need for air became a necessity. James looked down at Lily to see that her eyes were closed and that she was breathing heavily. He chuckled and moved to kiss her neck. This elated a gasp of surprise from Lily as her eyes flew open and her hands came up to tangle in James' hair. He kissed her at every part of skin that was revealed. He wanted to kiss so many other places but wasn't sure how far Lily would let him go.

With a growl Lily pulled his face away from her neck so that she could kiss his. She began to run her arms up and down his bare chest, for he was only in his pajama pants. His muscles tightened at her every touch. Lily was driving him wild, he put his hands firmly on her waist and slowly raised her shirt so he could kiss her smooth and creamy stomach. With a moan Lily cried, "Touch me, James. Please, make me yours."

With a quick kiss to her mouth and a murmured 'I love you' he began to kiss her and slide off her top.

***

The next morning everyone was in the Great Hall except Lily, James and Peter.

"What do you think happened yesterday? We didn't see Lily at all last night," Alyssa exclaimed.

"Maybe she stayed with James," Sophie suggested.

"Was she in your guys room?" Autumn asked.

"Don't know, we were in the Hospital Wing." Sirius answered.

"You don't think… no James wouldn't be that lucky." Remus cried.

"You never know, Lily can be a little vixen at times," Alyssa said with a smirk.

"Yeah right, the day that James and Lily do it is the day that Peter tells our secrets to Voldemort!" Sirius bellowed.

Everyone at the table laughed, not realizing that it was actually true.

Wow a lot happened in this chapter! I just hope that you all understood it! I am not really all that happy with the James and Lily ending. It was my first time writing some thing like that and I think that it is horrible. Anyway, I have one more chapter to do and I am pretty sure that it will just be an epilogue. But the epilogue has been in my mind so much lately that it better be pretty good. I was also thinking of having the bet in the last chapter. As of right now that is where it will be, if it doesn't work then I am sorry.

At the end of the next chapter I will have Thank yous to all of the wonderful people that reviewed faithfully throughout my whole story!

Just to keep you updated my uncle is still here but just barely. The doctors didn't think that he would make till Thanksgiving.

Well, I should see you all soon!

Just to let you know this is the longest chapter!!