Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

This is not my favorite chapter actually I don't like it that well. If you don't like the chapter please leave reviews or suggestions and I will fit them into the next couple of chapters.

I really appreciate the reviews. Leave lots more!!

In Potions a couple of days later, Sirius Black was talking to Alyssa , his partner in the class. "You know," he started, "James and Lily have been spending a lot of time together. He barely has anytime to help us pull pranks with all his head duties and then that baby and now he's hanging out with Lily instead of us!"

"I know, yesterday Lily had me finish her Transfiguration homework cause she was going to go meet James and she didn't have the time to finish it."

"Evans didn't finish an assignment? That's incredible!"

They were silent for a couple minutes after that but Alyssa had to get it off her chest and find out the truth. She put down the knife she was using to cut the garlic heads and asked, "Does Potter really like Lily?"

"Of course he does… why?"

"Well, I don't know. It's just that Lily is my best friend and I can't stand to see her hurt, not after what happened last year."

"What happened?" Sirius asked barely above a whisper.

"I-I shouldn't tell you."

"Please," Sirius pleaded. He had on his trademark puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, but you can't tell anyone." he nodded. "Last June Lily's parents were at a party and she was at her boyfriend Jesse's house. The taxi driver that was taking her parents home was drunk, he crashed into another car. Jesse wouldn't let her leave to go to the hospital. He said that they would be fine and that he wanted to have a nice evening with her by himself. Her dad died and her mum was in a coma for a couple of weeks. She lost it, she flipped out on Jesse saying it was his fault that she didn't get to see her dad for one last time. Which it was but he said he was sorry and she forgave him. She wasn't herself after though, she was so quiet all the time and I think Jesse got sick of it because she didn't let him have any 'fun time' so he broke up with her."

"That bastard," Sirius grumbled, "Was she close to her dad?"

"Yeah, they were inseparable, he did everything for her. And her mum did everything for Petunia. Oliver kind of got left out, by his parents anyway. Lily takes him everywhere and does almost anything with him. You should have seen him when he found out that he might be a wizard. He was so excited he mad his dad make him a play wand so he could practice and be as good as Lily. Wow, I never would have thought that I would be rambling on about my best friend family."

"Yeah, but Prongs will be glad to here all of this."

"Wait, you can't tell him! You promised."

"I didn't promise anything. But since you have a smoking body and I like you I won't tell," he said with a wolfish grin.

"Gee, thanks," Alyssa replied sarcastically.

***

Lily was sitting with her three friends and the four marauders in the middle of the Gryffindor Common Room. She was bored out of her mind and sandwiched between Sirius and James. Alyssa was on the other side of Sirius and Sophie was sitting on the floor gazing into the fire completely oblivious to Peter staring at her from his chair. Autumn and Remus were playing a game of Wizard Chess which Autumn was winning.

"How much longer do you have to have that thing?" Autumn asked James.

"Umm… not real sure till Christmas I think," he replied.

"Two and a half bloody months left!" Sophie cried.

"Well if Lily keeps helping me you won't hear it cry that often."

"So I'm supposed to ruin my perfect days just to stop a fake baby from crying?" Lily question.

"Well of course, we aren't going to let you take the easy way out," Sirius stated, "now hand me that thing." James handed the baby over to Sirius very carefully. He was starting to get attached and overprotective to it. 'It's the only reason that Lily actually talks to me,' he thought.

"Shit!" Sirius mumbled. He was throwing the baby up in the air and catching it. This time it went a little farther back and when he tried to grab it the chair tipped backwards and a passing 5th year snickered but was soon silenced be Sirius's glare.

"Now look what you did," Peter whined. The baby had started crying again.

"Come on Peter, it is not that bad . All you have to do is rock it and it goes back to sleep," Lily said while rocking the baby like she said.

After a few minutes of silence Remus had to say something and he didn't care how stupid it sounded. "It needs a name."

"What?" seven people said in unison.

"The baby, he needs a name. All we call him is 'it' or 'thing'."

"Harry," Lily stated.

"Harry? How in the world do you get Harry?" Sirius cried, "I was thinking more like Sirius Jr."

"You have got to be kidding, Sirius Jr.?" Autumn cried.

"Yeah, can't you see the resemblance?" Sirius asked as he snatch the baby from Lily and held it next to his face. Six people burst out laughing but Peter just looked confused .

"I don't get it. It doesn't look anything like you ." Peter said while stating the obvious.

"Wormtail, you stupid git, it was a joke," Sirius exclaimed rolling his eyes.

"Ooh… well I should probably mail this letter so I'll see you guys later."

"Bye Peter," they chorused.

"Ok now seriously Lily how did you come up with Harry?" Sirius asked, "It's not like the kid has any hair!."

"My dad's name was Harold and well… I don't know Harry was my mums nickname for him."

"Oh say no more, his name is… HARRY!!" James yelled as everyone cheered.

"Thanks," Lily said bashfully.

"No problem," James cried, "now who's up for a game of Truth or Dare?"

"Sounds like fun," Sirius cried, "Sophie, truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Go upstairs and find Charles Daniels and snog him for 10 minutes."

"Wait, isn't he the guy with only one eyebrow?"

"Yeah," Remus chuckled.

"Come on, he's disgusting, please not 10 how about 1?"

"7."

"3?"

"5, final offer."

"Fine," Sophie cried as she trudged up the stairs to the boys dorm.

"Ok Remus, truth or dare?" James questioned.

"Dare."

"I was hoping you would say truth, but take one of these 3 lovely ladies and find an empty broom closet."

Remus blushed, "Well, if I pick Lily I would probably be dead by morning, and Alyssa I'm sorry but your not really my type. So Autumn lets go!" Lily and Alyssa giggled, they were the only ones that truly knew how much Autumn liked Remus.

"I pick Lily!" Alyssa exclaimed, "Truth or dare?"

"You weren't supposed to pick me stupid. We were supposed to gang up on them." Lily pointed a finger at Black and Potter. Sirius and James shared a look and then both got very evil looks on their faces and turned to look back at Lily. "Truth," she sighed.

"Umm…ok, why do you hate James?" Alyssa finally came up with something that might make Sirius go a little easier on her. She knew he was up to something by the way that he kept giving her the 'eye' all night.

Lily looked shocked, " I never said that I hated James."

"But you yelled at him all of last year."

"That's because he kept asking me out, but I never hated him."

"So if he acts the way he has been acting this year you would go out with him?"

"That's not my question so I'm not going to answer," Lily yelled and folded her arms to look serious. "James it is your turn truth or dare?" Lily asked.

James smirked, "Truth."

"What did Remus mean when he said that he would probably be dead by morning?"

Sirius laughed, "Isn't it obvious Lilykins? James still likes you!" At this both James and Lily blushed a deep scarlet color. "Alyssa, truth or dare?"

"I'm going to have to say… dare."

Sirius snickered, "I now you have sisters in Slytherin and if you can find a way to exclude them go ahead, but I dare you to prank all the Slytherins."

"Oh, and it has to be a prank up to our standards," James added.

"That's not fair you know how much I hate pranks!"

"You could always chicken out," Sirius said with hope filled eyes.

"And what would I have to do if I chicken out?"

"Kiss me."

Alyssa started laughing hysterically, "I think I'll do the prank."

"Ouch! That hurt," Sirius said while putting on a mock hurt expression.

"So Sirius truth or dare?" Lily asked

Sirius pondered the question a little bit. He knew that Lily could give out pretty nasty dares. "Truth."

"Wow, never thought I'd see the day that Sirius Black didn't choose dare!" James exclaimed.

Sirius scoffed, "Get on with it already."

"Who was the first girl that you umm… well you know."

If it was possible Sirius blushed. "Umm…well you see I don't really remember that night real good."

"Of course you do it had to be the best night of your pathetic little life!" Alyssa chirped in.

"Well?" Lily said narrowing her eyes. Sirius mumbled something under his breath. "What was that I didn't hear," Lily yelled.

"Carly Linton," Sirius grumbled.

"Beaver?" Lily laughed. Alyssa was already close to crying from laughing so hard.

"She is not a beaver!" Sirius yelled.

"Come on have you seen her teeth? They are just like a beavers unless you want her to be a bucktoothed bunny rabbit!" Alyssa cried.

"You wouldn't know a beaver if it bit you in the ass," Sirius said hotly.

"Lily would!" Alyssa screamed.

"Explain," James commanded with raised eyebrows.

"The summer that my dad died my mom let me go to my cousins house in the States. She lives by a river and she took me fishing in the middle of the night. We found a beaver den and the beavers were swimming by the shore. I don't think they liked us very much because they started coming after us. We ran."

"But you didn't get bit in the ass," Sirius stated.

"No but I definitely know what a beaver looks like and Carly is a BEAVER!!"

Sirius was fuming, " Lily you are so lucky that James is here otherwise…," he drifted off.

"Otherwise?" Lily asked.

Sirius smirked, "Truth or dare, Lily?"

"Truth," she said while looking slightly nervous.

His smirk grew wider, "Who took the Ice Queen's virginity?" Lily blushed as red as her hair. Alyssa started laughing like a hyena while James ears perked up.

"Well… umm no one yet," she stuttered.

"You are a really bad liar," Sirius exclaimed, "tell the truth now."

Her voice was so low you could barely hear but then it got louder as she went on with her story. "When I was in the states with my cousin we went to the bar and I was still kind of upset about my dad so I… well I got drunk. So my cousin Ella asked her boyfriends brother Triston to take me home before I caused a scene. Well Triston carried me upstairs to my room and I realize how strong, cute, and…" Lily blushed again, "sexy he looked. Then I blacked out."

"Maybe you just fell asleep," James suggested.

"I wish, he was still in my bed in the morning and we were both umm… naked."

Sirius burst out laughing, "N-never in a million did I picture Lily Evans getting drunk and then doing it with a complete stranger!"

Lily sent him a death glare, "He wasn't a complete stranger."

Alyssa smirked, "What did he look like Lily?"

Lily blushed then sent another death glare, "You already know," she hissed through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, but they don't," she said while pointing at the two guys.

"Yeah, and we want to know," Sirius cried.

"Please," James begged.

Lily looked at him and said, "N-n-no," and ran up the stairs like a complete idiot for the second time.