Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

So many pretty colors, only one I can choose! In case you don't read my other story, I found out that you could make colors stay in an update!

A couple of people said that they cant see Triston hitting Lily but I couldn't think of any other way to have her black out. Honestly the only other way that I could think of would be for Lily to say, "I love you, James." and the she would fall asleep. Not really all that exciting. I hope that you guys liked it even though it was horrible! ;P Also I would like to thank Allie P. Keaton for giving me another idea for this chapter! She knows what it was so I wont say it and ruin the surprise!

I'm so excited about Officially Unengaged! I wanted to type this chapter for so long I just haven't had the time! Hopefully it was worth the wait! Enjoy!

"I'm falling for you, James Potter, falling for you hard." Oh, those nine words were driving James crazy. The girl of his dreams finally admitted that she had feelings for him. He would have never know this if it wasn't for that stupid jerk Triston. How could a person go around and hit a girl just because they say a name that isn't yours while you are in a… compromising situation. Sure, if it was James he would have been angry but he would never hit a girl. Seriously, it is your own fault for getting intimate with a girl that you barely even know. Oh, how James wanted to slaughter Triston.

Suddenly James heard a sniffle and looked up from the floor to see Lily with her eyes filling up with tears. "Falling for you hard."

"Okay, James I get it, you don't like me like that anymore. I was a fool for thinking that. Sorry for doing this to you. I-I'm just going to go." She turned around as if to go but James instantly grabbed her arm and pulled her to him.

"You honestly think that I don't like you? Lils, I've liked you for years, you think that I was just going to stop because you like me back? That is incredibly ridiculous! I still don't understand why you thought that I would be mad at you."

"I thought that that would have been easy to understand. I started to get a crush on you in the middle of 5th year. As much as I would yell at you it was just a front. I didn't want you to know that I actually liked you. I would have never heard the end of it! Then when I met Triston and he looked exactly like you, I figured that I would just let myself go that summer and have fun. I never expected that he would get so angry and it was an accident it just slipped out."

"That is nothing to be ashamed of."

"Merlin, James, I haven't finished my story yet. It was a month and a half later and I was so scared! I was late. It was my first time, I barely knew the guy, and I was late. I was going insane; I didn't know what to do. I knew that my mother would have flipped out and probably murdered me, so I went to Alyssa. You should have seen her when I told her. Her eyes got huge and her mouth dropped open, if it wasn't such a serious matter I would have laughed. She bought me a test and it was negative, I got so excited. It turned out that it was just stress that made it come later. Anyway, the reason I was so ashamed was because I actually thought that I was pregnant!"

"I er I overheard you talking to Autumn at Alyssa's, you said that you thought that I would hold a grudge, why would I?"

"Oh, I don't know, I guess I was just drawing things way out of proportion! So you really don't hate me?"

"Of course not, in fact I think I'm falling for you, Lily Evans, falling more than I ever thought possible." He said with a dopey grin plastered to his face.

***

All the while that Lily and James were in the compartment, their friends were in a separate one. Alyssa was going sick with worry, she knew that Lily was just overreacting but what if James really did get furious with Triston and just take his anger out on Lily. She didn't want Lily to get hurt but James needed to know the truth about that summer. So naturally this was the only way to do it.

She had been pacing the compartment since they had left Lily. Of course Lily had thrown a huge tantrum but she eventually let it go and sat down to read her book. On their way to a separate room they ran into the three leftover Marauders. Everyone had sat down except Alyssa and by now she was wearing a hole in the floor.

Sirius grabbed her arm and pulled her into his lap. "Babe, they will be fine. I'm sure the thing Lily is hiding wont be anything bad."

Alyssa rolled her eyes. 'He has no clue to what he was talking about' she thought.

'Yeah, but he is trying to make you happy? Has anyone other that your friends ever tried to do that before?' said another voice in her head.

'…No…'

'Exactly that is why he is perfect just admit it! You like him, so tell him!'

'I'm scared.'

'About what.'

'I don't want to be another girl that he can brag about, I want to know if he really cares about me.'

'If you look at his eyes closely, you will see the thing that you desire most.'

'And what's that?'

'Look and you will see.'

Alyssa whipped her head around and looked up into a smirking boy's face. Her eyes made their way past his lips and cheekbones and pointy nose, all the way up to his beautiful grayish blue eyes. She gasped, there were so many different emotions in his eyes but the on that stood out to her was the one that she really wanted to find, Love.

***

Lily and James made their way back to the compartment that James left his friends in. As they opened the door they were greeted by a sight that made them laugh. Autumn and Remus were sleeping side by side with their heads lying on top of each other. Sophie and Peter were playing Exploding Snap. Alyssa and Sirius, however, were completely oblivious to the other 4 people in the room for they were locked in a major embrace. Lily's laughter brought Alyssa back to reality and she buried her head in Sirius' shoulder.

"Oh, Merlin, you weren't suppose to see that," she murmured.

"Well, I was hoping I would never have to see that but I'm glad that you guys are finally together!" Lily squealed.

Sirius looked up a deep chuckle left his throat, "Babe, guess what? We aren't the only ones who hooked up."

Alyssa sighed, "Yes, I know Remus and Autumn are together now, too"

"No, I mean them." He said as he pointed to Lily and James standing in the doorway. Alyssa instantly brought her eyes to them. First she noticed that they were holding hands, and then as her eyes moved up she noticed that their clothes and hair were slightly ruffled, and their lips were pink and puffy.

"LILY!"

Lily giggled and turned towards James and shoved her head into his chest, her muffled response was, "Yes?"

"Did you… Why… Now… I mean… Lily, one day… Are you sure… Lily it was too soon!" Alyssa stammered.

James head whipped up, "Hey now, we didn't do anything other than the innocent stuff that you two were doing."

Alyssa's face was turning red, "Oh."

Sirius was smirking, "But I'm sure if Lily wanted to do naughty things James would be more than willing to oblige." With that said James started to blush and turned to leave when Lily giggled.

"You think that is funny, do you? Well let me show you something funny." James said with a mischievous glint in his eyes. He launched himself at her and she tumbled backwards onto the seat. He was sitting on top of her and tickling her till tears were streaming down her face from laughing so hard.

After things finally quieted down Sirius and James started talking. "You know, Peter and Sophie need to get together then we could have a real good time." Sirius stated.

"Fat chance that that will happen! I mean seriously have you seen the way that they act together?"

"But Peter likes her."

"And she likes Charles."

"Poor Pete."

***

It had been four months since that train ride back to Hogwarts. Lily and James were still together and they did just about everything together. Sirius and Alyssa were happy, they got in a couple of fights but it was nothing that they couldn't resolve. Autumn and Remus were the most serious couple of the group. Remus finally got up the courage to tell her what his furry little problem was. To his surprise she actually came rushing to him and started sobbing into his shoulder saying that he was wonderful no matter what he is. Peter and Sophie still weren't together. They got along okay as long as Peter didn't try to hit on her. Oh, and when he did nobody wanted to be around them. Things went flying; it was very obvious to see that she didn't like Pete that much.

As they were sitting at the Gryffindor table, the owl post came. James got the daily prophet. Alyssa got a package that contained her new shoes. Sirius got a Howler from his mother saying that his brother has seen him hanging around with a mudblood and that he will pay for it. Lily got two letters, one was from the Ministry and the other was written in Petunia's awful penmanship.

She decided that Petunia's could wait and opened the seal on the Ministry envelope. She read the letter twice before she murmured it out loud simply because she didn't think that it was true.

Dear Miss Lillian Evans

We are very sorry to inform you that your house has been attacked. At first we all thought that it was just a muggle robbery gone wrong, that was until we went inside your bedroom. Miss Evans, your room was a complete mess. I believe that they just wanted to scare you and I guessing it might work considering how it scared me! There was blood smeared on the wall, it made a message that said: Mudbloods do not belong in our world!

We had the blood analyzed. Lillian, I am so sorry to say that it was young Mr. Evans'. I am so sorry for the gruesomeness of this letter. I would so much rather say this in person than in a heartless letter.

Anyway, the reason for this letter to inform you that your mother and brother are deceased. I wish that there was some way that I could take away the pain but there is no such luck. Please Lillian try not to be alone; you need to be comforted in a time like this. Keep your friends close!

So sorry for your loss.

The Minster of Magic,

Felicia Banderbone

Alyssa sobbed, Autumn gasped, Sophie squeaked, and Peter, Remus, and Sirius just stared with their mouths wide open. Lily had tears running freely down her face as she finally took in what the letter meant. James wrapped her in his arms and murmured soft nothings in her ears until she finally quieted down. He helped her walk back to the Common Room. She stumbled through the portrait hole so James picked her up and carried her to his dorm. He sat her upon his bed and laid beside her. He held her close while her sobs came again at full force.

Wow, I got halfway through this chapter when writers block hit me! I knew what I wanted to put in this chapter I just didn't know how to write it. I'm sorry for the long delay! I had two day off of school this week so I took the time to type!

If any of you read my other story then you would know that just about the same thing happened in the other story! The only difference was that it was Lily's father and he died of cancer! Just so you know I did not have this planned it was a complete accident that both of my updates had some type of death in them.

I had the weirdest dream a couple of weeks ago! Then I had it again the other night! It is like it's trying to tell me to have a fic about it! It could possibly work for it was a Harry Potter dream. Here is a little summary of it…

Harry went back in time, he is able to make himself change disguises or become invisible just by thinking about it. Anyway, Riddle somehow knew that Harry was there and had his snake (Nagini, is that how you spell it?) kill Harry. Then it goes back into the future and all of the magical people live in this huge house. It is ruled by Riddle. All of the house elves are dead so he uses muggleborns as slaves (including Hermione.) The blood traitors, like the Weasley's, are locked in the dungeon and are used for Riddle to take his anger out on! Then it turns out that Harry isn't really dead just disguised as an old lady! He can't remember anything from his old life except that he had to defeat Riddle so he is set out to do that now. He confronts Riddle and turns into all sorts of people that Riddle has killed then turns back into regular Harry and says… Remember me?

Okay so maybe that was a little bit longer that a summary but I had to give you some details. I have no clue if you understood it at all but it was a really good dream and I was thinking of doing a fic about it after I finish the other ones that I promised. Do you guys think that it will be a good one?

I have no clue when I will update again but I will tell you this, next chapter I will include an expert out of Officially Unengaged!

Happy Halloween!

Please Review!