Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

I feel like a complete idiot! I should have told you this last chapter but I just reread the story and remembered it! In the second chapter Lily ex-boyfriends name is Jesse (Jessie). And in the third chapter I have Autumn's brothers name as Jesse (Jess, that's how my neighbor spells it!). Sorry about the mix up. Did any of you notice it??

I finished Deathly Hallows two days after it came out! It so didn't turn out like I expected, especially with the people that died. Never in a million year would I have thought that they would have died. I wont say any names because of the people that haven't read it yet, but I will say this poor Teddy!

Anyway here is the next chapter! I hope you like it and I can't wait to read the reviews!

"Muuum! Amanda used my hairspray, and we need it for tonight!" Alyssa screamed from upstairs while she was running after her sister.

"No I didn't," Amanda yelled back as she ran down the stairs with her sister right behind her. Amanda's hair was sticking straight up; it took all of Lily's willpower not to laugh.

"Then what happened?" was her sister's reply.

"I saw a monster."

Lily snorted, "Alyssa, I brought some we're fine. Lets go get ready."

After going upstairs Alyssa was acting like a crazy woman. "Get your dress on. Should I put your make-up on first or do your hair? Maybe I should do your hair so it's out of the way when I do your make-up. What do you think?"

"I think you are going insane! It is just a dance."

"It's not just a dance! How can you say that? This is the POTTER BALL! The most important ball of the year! And your date is their son!! You have to look great, beautiful, and fabulous! Now close your eyes so I can do your make-up."

"Okay, lets just get this over with," Lily said as she closed her eyes.

***

"Peter, you have to be on your best behavior, no pranks because our Jamesie-Poo has got a DATE!" Sirius exclaimed while he bounced on James' bed. Peter was sitting on the floor and Remus was in a chair reading one of his books. James was running around his room throwing everything out of his drawers and closet.

"Where is it?" he muttered.

"Where's what?" Sirius screamed.

"MY TIE! THE THING THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND FOR THE PAST TEN MINUTES!"

"Someone's nervous! Someone's nervous! Someone's ner-" Sirius yelled.

"James, you are a wizard that is seventeen. You can do magic to find stuff. Why aren't you using it now?"

"Oh, I forgot," he said sheepishly. "Accio tie." It flew out from under his bed and into his awaiting hand. He sat down on his bed and was staring at himself in the mirror attached to his wall. "I can't do this, we're friends now. What if I say something wrong? Or if I step on her toes while we dance? Or- I can't do this! I'm going to cancel it, give me a piece of parchment and an owl. NOW!"

"James, stop! She agreed to go with you as your date not as a friend! She likes you! You wont do anything stupid because you worked too hard to get this date." Remus ranted.

"And if we have to tie you to the bed just to keep you away from a bloody owl, we will!" Sirius added.

***

"This is his house!? It's huge!" Lily exclaimed as they were walking up the Potter's front steps.

"What till you see the ballroom, it is absolutely gorgeous!" Said Mrs. Michaels.

"Let's go!" Alyssa squealed as she pulled Lily behind her. They went through the open doors, the kitchen, what looked like a living room, and Alyssa stopped right outside of two massive doors. She turned around, fixed Lily's hair, murmured, "Perfect," and pulled Lily through the doors.

As Alyssa and Lily were walking down the stairs to the ballroom, Lily was starting to have doubts. 'What if he tries to pull something? What if he acts like a jerk? What if he has Sirius charm a mistletoe above our heads while we dance? What if he's a complete gentlemen and then I will want to snog him sensele-'

"Hey Lily? Earth to Lily?" Alyssa whispered while waving her hand in front of her friends face.

"I can't do this, I have to go." Lily squeaked but as she turned around to run back up the stairs, someone grabbed her arm and whirled her around while he put his other arm around her waist.

"Your not going anywhere," Sirius growled, "you agreed to come here and James has been going crazy. He doesn't want to ruin your newfound friendship. So I suggest that you move your pretty little bum over to James and his parents and have a bloody fantastic time. Or when we get back to school your life will be a living hell."

Lily's eyes were wide in shock. Sirius popped out of nowhere; did he know that she would try to run out? If so then he wasn't the dumb arse as she had originally thought of him to be.

Sirius was fuming, 'How dare she try and run out like that one James! He has done nothing wrong all year, and now she was about to break his heart again!' There was only one way to make Sirius this angry and the reason was that he didn't like to see his friends hurt and if anyone did he would be the one to have his revenge.

"Look who I found," Sirius said while he pushed Lily next to James.

James' smile grew so big that it was nearly ear to ear. He gently put her hand in his and his smile grew even wider when she didn't try to pull away. "Mum, Dad, I'd like you to meet Lily Evans. Lily these are my parents."

"It is so good to finally meet you! James has told us so much about you. You were the main topic of his letters starting in third year," said Mrs. Potter.

"Whatever he told you it is so not true!" Lily declared.

"I highly doubt that, James never said one bad thing about you. We were beginning to think that either you were perfect or just made up!" laughed Mr. Potter.

Lily blushed and turned to James to find out that he was already a deep crimson color. She giggled, " Thank you, Mrs. and Mr. Potter, I don't think that I ever saw James blush this much before. It is remarkable and extremely funny."

James turned to her and stuck out his tongue in a very unattractive way.

The Potters laughed, "If you can make James stick out his tongue like that then it makes embarrassing him well worth it. But please call us Joan and Joseph, Mr. and Mrs. Potter make us sound so old!" exclaimed Joan.

"Certainly, but please excuse me, I need a drink!"

"Whatever you do, don't drink the orange punch, Sirius spiked it!" yelled Joseph as Lily walked away. She turned around and made a thumbs up sign and headed straight for the orange punch.

James tilted his head, smirked, and ran after her. "You do realize that you made me act like a complete fool in front of my parents. They will use it as blackmail! And I think that you should make it up to me!"

She smiled, "And how do you propose I do that?"

"Dance with me."

She laughed and handed her drink to Alyssa who just walked up and said, " I thought that you would never ask!"

We go out to a party somewhere and the moment we walk in the door, people stop and everybody stares. She don't know what there staring for.

She don't know she's beautiful.

Never comes to mind.

She don't know she's beautiful.

No she's not that kind.

She don't know she's beautiful.

Though time and time I've told her so.

"It's muggle music. You listen to muggle music?"

"Occasionally," he answered mesmerized. He finally took in her appearance; her long curly red hair was up in an elegant twist so that only one long curl was hanging by her right eye. She was wearing periwinkle blue dress robes that showed some of her cleavage but left plenty for the imagination. When he twirled her around he saw that the back of the dress was cut so low that it was laying just above her gorgeous bum.

She had on periwinkle earrings and a necklace. Her make-up was perfect, not too much or too little. He could also tell that Alyssa used a sparkle charm because there were sparkles on every bit of her skin that he could see.

James pulled her close and she sighed as she just moved to the music while looking at the other couples dancing.

There she goes just walking down the street and someone lets a whistle out. A girl like her, she just can't see what the fuss is all about.

She don't know she's beautiful.

Never comes to mind.

She don't know she's beautiful.

No she's not that kind.

She don't know she's beautiful.

Though time and time I've told her so.

"Why is everybody staring?"

"Cause your beautiful," he sighed as he gently put the one lone piece of hair behind her ear. His fingers lingered on her cheek. All the while he never broke eye contact.

She blushed and looked away, "No I'm not."

"Lily, you have no clue how beautiful you really are. That's why I don't understand girls, they always say that they are ugly when they're bloody gorgeous!"

Lily giggled, "But all guys are handsome, right?"

"Exactly! Well except for Sirius."

Morning comes and her hairs all a mess. That's when she thinks she looks the worse. It's times like this that she don't know why I can't take my eyes off her.

She don't know she's beautiful.

Never comes to mind.

She don't know she's beautiful.

No she's not that kind'

She don't know she's beautiful.

Though time and time I tell her so.

"Woot Woo!" Sirius whistled then yelled, "way to go Prongs!"

"Ignore him, he just wants to make me embarrassed. You should have heard all of the things him and Peter were thinking about us doing tonight. They all involved us in a coat closet!"

Lily blushed again, "I'm surprised that you didn't have one of your friends charm a mistletoe above us."

"Well," he grinned mischievously, "Peter did suggest it but Sirius clamed it for him and Alyssa."

Lily laughed, "You know she's going to hate him for that!"

"Probably," he said while laughing too. "Lets go for a walk by the garden and then I'll show you Daniel." He grabbed her hand and pulled her through a small glass door that led outside to a winter wonderland.

Okay, there it is! What do you guys think? This chapter might seem a little corny but I don't care, I actually kind of like it. Especially the song, it's my absolute favorite song! It is called 'She Don't Know She's Beautiful' by Sammy Kershaw.

I have been brainstorming! :P I came up with a couple of stories that I can do when this one is finished and my other one is almost done. I have the titles and descriptions below. Just keep in mind that I have never written any Harry/Hermione fics so these would be my first ones. What I would like you guys to do is please put them in the order you would like to read them. If none of them catch your interest please tell me! Anyway here we go!

Officially unengaged--- Lily is in for a BIG surprise when she get home for summer before sixth year. They used to be best friends, but that was before he called her a Mudblood. Now he's her Fiancé! Lily turns to the only people she know that can help her… the Marauders! Can you guess who her Fiancé is?? :D

Love--- Expert of chapter to come… "It's called love Harry! Dumbledore loved you. No don't look at me like that! He loved you Harry and so do I."… My take on the seventh book some lines may be from the DH.

Wonderiffic--- Sirius learns a new word… Wonderiffic… " Just you wait and see, I will get the Wonderiffic Lily and the Wonderiffic James together and it will be a Wonderiffic day!"

Good Morning Beautiful--- It's Hermione's birthday! Harry takes her out to celebrate. It turns horribly wrong when Harry tries to take Hermione home but they are both really drunk!

Please review and tell me what story I should start on first! Thanks!