Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

Sorry, it has been awhile since I last updated, but I have been really busy. I went to see my uncle last weekend, he has cancer and he is not doing so well. Most of my free time is with him, so I don't really have the time to type.

That is not the only reason that I haven't been able to type. My life has been a roller coaster! I swear everything that could possible happen this week has happened. On Tuesday I found out that my mom has an ulcer. Then on Wednesday, we had a car accident, and it got totaled. What is really bad is that was supposed to be MY car next summer!

My brother is starting to read Harry Potter! I am so excited! My parent used to think that I was weird because I would read them, they didn't understand what they were about. Now that my brother is reading them they are starting to understand!

I am on chapter four in Officially Unengaged! I write it on my way to my uncle's house. The chapters are somewhat long and I happen to think that they are really good. I can't wait to post them! The reason that I have been writing that story instead of this one is because it is in a notebook. This story is the only one that I don't have a notebook for. I started it on the computer and I really don't want to copy it all down again. So I guess you guys have to wait till I get in contact with a computer!

Well, anyway enough with my rambling and on with the story!

"Lily, come on, hurry up, we are going to be late. He won't hate you! He could never hate you! For merlins sake Lily, he has been pining after you for four years!" Alyssa was screaming as Lily was packing her trunk slowly.

"I'll have to tell him everything and he will hate me, you know it! I saw your reaction when I told you what happened! His will be worse!" Lily have half whined have whimpered.

"Then don't tell him!"

"I have too! He wont let it die! He will do anything just so he knows what went on that summer. I promised him that I would tell him today. I know that he is going to hold me to it, you didn't see the determination in his eyes!"

Alyssa was going crazy, they had to be at Kings Cross station in 15 minutes and Lily was only half ways packed. She started running around the room, throwing everything that didn't look like hers in Lily's trunk. When Alyssa picked up something wrapped in a purple sock Lily screamed.

"Be careful with that! It's the last present that my mother and father gave me together!" She carefully took the sock and pulled a snow globe out of it. Inside was a family running around in a patches of flowers, mostly lilies. There were five people in the snow globe. A father, a mother, a little boy, and two teenage girls. Alyssa could tell that it represented the Evans family.

"Oh, I'm sorry Lils. I wont touch it again, I promise."

Lily smiled wryly, tears forming in her emerald green eyes. "It's okay. I-I… I just miss him so much."

"Oh, Hun, of course you miss him. The pain is always going to be there, nothing can take that away. But nothing can ever take away the memories either."

Lily gave a watery smile then glanced at her watch. "Oh no, we are going to be late! Lets go!" She said as she charmed the rest of her stuff into her trunk. And for those few spare moments all thoughts of James were forgotten.

***

James Potter was staring out the compartment window, watching the trees fly by. But really he was in an entirely different place. He was absorbed in a memory that had taken place 3 days after the ball. Lily's traditional Christmas movie party.

James, Remus, Sirius, and Peter had all apparated to Alyssa's house. Lily and Sophie were out renting the movies. Since they were both muggle born, they new all the great movies.

Alyssa was running around the house like a crazed lunatic. She would grab a pillow and set it on the couch, run to the middle of the room and look at it, then run and put it on the chair. She ran back and forth about 5 times before she finally set it down in front of the chair.

"Why is the pillow on the floor?" Peter asked.

"That's Lily's pillow. She has it every time we watch a movie. She hold on to it. It's kind of weird, reminds me of a baby holding on to its mum or stuffed animal."

"Maybe it is a part of her tradition." James said.

"Could be, who knows? Anyway, the pop is down there," she said while pointing at a door to the right of the kitchen. " I'll make popcorn while you guys get the drinks."

The front door banged open just as the four boys came up the stairs. Snow blew in, flying all around the room. Lily and Sophie had trouble closing the door with the ferocious wind but finally it shut. Lily skipped into the kitchen and jumped up onto the table. "We got Autumn's favorite movie, 'Nightmare before Christmas,' is she here yet?"

"No, but she said she would be here soon. What other movies did you get?"

"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Nutcracker, Miracle on 34th Street, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and of course Frosty the Snowman!"

"Frosty!" James screamed as he came up behind Lily. Lily whirled around smiling, and wrapped him in a hug. James looked shocked; Lily had never hugged him before. Sirius and Remus sniggered but were soon silenced by the glares of Alyssa and Sophie.

"As soon as Autumn gets here we can start, we will watch Miracle on 34th Street first because my brother hates it."

"What does your brother have to do with it?" Sirius questioned.

"He's upstairs, Oliver loves watching Christmas movies. I couldn't leave him with my mum and sister. They were planning on going shopping tonight. Honestly, who goes shopping the day after Christmas? I hope that you guys don't mind that he is here."

"Of course we don't, and plus there is a pretty good possibility that he could be a wizard. We could pass our Maraudering on down to him." Sirius said smirking.

"Don't you dare go near my brother!" Lily warned playfully, with a smile upon her face. Just as she finished saying that a boy with red hair just walked through the door. He looked exactly like Lily except for his eyes; they were a bright clear blue color.

"Who don't you want near me? Are you afraid that I'll tell mum what you do with your boyfriend? If you aren't scared you should be, cuz I am a very convincing liar." Oliver said with an evil grin.

Lily laughed while Sirius went up and clapped Oliver on the back, "Son, how would you like to be a Marauder?"

Autumn had came about ten minutes later and they started watching the movies. Peter was at awe; he loved how muggles could make such good entertainment. Sirius and Alyssa were sitting on the loveseat, while Sophie, Remus and Autumn sat on the couch. Peter was sitting on one of the two chairs. Lily was sitting on the floor right in front of the other chair. Alyssa was right, Lily loved that pillow, she held it like a person hugged a loved one. Oliver was lying on the floor besides Lily with his head on her lap. James was sitting in the chair that Lily was leaning against. He was playing with her soft red hair.

They were watching the last movie and Lily and James were the last ones awake. Slowly James eased himself out of the chair so that he was lying beside Lily. She turned and buried her head in his chest. It took him a few minutes to realize that she was shaking and that his T-shirt was getting wet. Lily was crying.

Carefully he pulled her face away from his chest and looked her in the eye. "Lily, what's wrong?"

Her eyes filled with a new batch of tears, "Th-this w-was his favorite m-movie," she stammered. James looked up to see the ending of The Nutcracker.

"Oh Lils, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do. To somehow make the pain go away. Lil please don't cry."

She smiled at him and with one final sob she kissed his cheek, laid her head on his chest, and fell asleep.

~

The next morning when he woke up he found himself alone on the floor, no Lily, no Oliver. Quietly James walked to the kitchen door and listened carefully. 'Autumn, you know how he is going to act when I tell him everything. I cant, it will ruin everything!"

"I'm sorry babe, but you promised him that you would tell him when we got back. There is nothing you can do about it now."

"I know, but I like the way thing are now. He is so nice; you should have seen him last night. He held my while I cried, no one has ever done that except for my dad. I just wish I didn't have to tell him."

"I'm sure he'll understand, he is not the kind to hold a grudge."

"Your right, but how am I going to tell him? The only reason I got with Triston is because he-"

Someone slapped him upside the head, "What in the hell do you think that you are doing?" Alyssa hissed quietly.

"N-nothing," he stuttered.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, "Then go be a good little boy and wake up your friends." She pushed him back into the lounge and walked back into the kitchen.

~

The rest of the day Lily stayed as far away from James as possible. Whenever he would enter a room she would leave it. James was getting frustrated. Lily was avoiding him and he didn't like it. But every time that he would try to talk to her she made up some excuse and would run away. It almost seemed like she was afraid. Afraid of what? He had no idea.

James was brought out of his revere by his compartment door opening. Remus stared at him for a few moments the said, "Why don't you just go talk to her?"

"I cant, what if she is mad? I don't want to make it worse."

"Merlin James, you can be so thick. Whatever she promised to tell you must be pretty important, otherwise she wouldn't be trying to avoid you. Bases off of what you told me, she thinks that it is going to ruin your friendship, and it also involves this Triston guy that she had a one-night stand with. If I were you I would go find her and tell her that she needs to tell you what is going on. Just make sure you tell her that whatever it is it will now ruin your relationship."

James looked at him with a you-are-not-my-mother-look.

"James don't make me physically push you to her. Because believe me I will. Now go!"
***

James found Lily sitting in the heads compartment reading a book. He knocked softly on the door and walked in. She looked up from her book and her eyes got wide in terror.

"James," she breathed softly.

"Lily."

She just stared at him, hoping that he wasn't there for that one horrible reason. Of course her hopes were crushed.

"I believe you owe me an explanation."

Lily closed her eyes and sighed, "Yes, I suppose I do."

After a few minutes James grew impatient, "Well?"

"Sorry, not sure were to start."

"The beginning would be nice."

"Right. Umm… you already know that I was in the states, you also know that I slept with Triston, so there is really nothing else to tell."

"What did Triston look like?"

Lily closed her eyes again and whispered, "Like you."

"Like me?"

"Yes, almost exactly like you! His hair was black and messy but a little tamer; his eyes were the same color maybe a little darker. He had glasses only his were square. He was skinnier than you, but otherwise it was as if he was your twin. Then merlin what I did that was horrible!"

"What did you do?" he said barely above a whisper.

"I said your name."

"My name? How is that horrible?" Lily gave him a pointed look and realization dawned on him. "Oh. Wait, I thought you said that you blacked out?"

Lily gulped, "I did, after he hit me."

"WHAT!"

"James, please don't scream, a mere tap would have made me unconscious."

"But he didn't tap you he HIT you! How could you be with someone like that?"

"That just it James! It was a one night thing, I was drunk, and he looked like you."

"I would never hit you!"

"I know that!"

"Then why aren't you with me?"

"I-I don't know. I guess I was ashamed. I just realized my feelings for you that summer, and I thought that I wasn't supposed to feel that way because you were a pompous arse. Triston was so nice; he didn't hurt me till that night. Then when we came back, whenever I saw you I would see Triston and I got scared."

"I would never hurt you Lily," he said with hurt in his voice.

"Merlin James, I know that now. This year opened my eyes. I found out that not only are you handsome, sweet, and funny but I also found out how caring, loving, and lovable you can be."

James looked at her quizzically, wondering what her last statement meant.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm falling for you, James Potter. Falling for you hard."

Is that a cliffhanger? I have never written a cliffhanger before.

I know I probably over did Lily's part about how she was going to tell James and how he would hate her and all that stuff, but I really had no idea what to put in there.

Oh, and The Nightmare before Christmas. I have never seen it before. Is it any good? I was just trying to think of movies that had Christmas in their names and that one popped into my head.

If I had to guess I would say maybe three, four, or five more chapter left in this story! None of them are typed yet but they are in my head! In my other story maybe three and then it will be half ways finished. I am so excited for Officially Unengaged that I might just be updating faster if I have the chance!

Well I hope that you guys liked it but I have got to go… I have church in the morning.

Please leave your thoughts or comments in a review!