Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

Hi…

A lot has happened in the last month. My uncle passed away about a week ago. Two of my other uncles and grandpa are going in to surgery this week. Some doctor said that my grandma has a couple of days to live. So yeah, my life has been horrible since the last update!

I don't want to burden you with my life but I just wanted to let you know why I didn't update sooner. This is officially the last chapter/epilogue. I hope that you guys like it!

Six people were in a waiting room. Three of them were pacing, one was chewing off her nails, and two of them were stuffing their faces with sandwiches. A scream suddenly echoed from the next room. They all looked up worriedly.

"Do you think that maybe we should check on her?" Peter asked.

"Are you crazy? I don't want to see that!" Sirius cried.

All of the others grinned; Sirius always said the stupidest things at the right moment.

"But, seriously, do think that she is going to be okay?"

Another scream pierced the air, "I am going to kill you James Potter!"

"Let me rephrase that, do you think James is going to be okay?"

"Honestly guys, you act as if she is dying. She's in labor." Autumn stated.

"And it obviously hurts like hell."

Scream after scream came out of the room. Remus was turning pale, Sophie was swaying slightly, and Sirius was running around the waiting room at St. Mungos.

The screams finally stopped and whoop of joy came to their ears. Fifteen minutes later, James came skipping out of the room, grinning like mad. "Friends, please follow me to meet my baby boy."

A high-pitched squeal escaped Sirius' throat, which made everybody turn to him. He blushed and mumbled, "The marauders live on!"

***

In the white hospital room, Lily was sitting holding a bundle wrapped in a blue blanket. The bundle contained a boy with raven black hair and emerald colored eyes. The baby had his small chubby fingers wrapped tightly around his mother fingers. There were squeals and squeaks heard from the doorway that made Lily finally look up. She smiled a tired smile and handed the baby to her husband.

He looked straight into her eyes as he said; "I would like you to me my son, Harry James Potter."

Hugs and kisses were exchanged amongst the group, but the friends knew that the couple wanted time alone. With a last farewell, they left to go back to Alyssa's house.

***

As soon as they were left alone James swooped down and planted a kiss on his wife's lips. "I love you so much," he whispered.

"I love you too."

Their eyes locked once more and James fell into a trance. It was almost two year ago when that twinkle came back into her eyes. It had never left since. He made sure of that. His wife was everything to him; his son would now be too. He couldn't even imagine life without them.

"We are going to have a wonderful family, babe."

"I know, sweetie, I know."

***

"You see Harry, your parents didn't love each other at first, but they did love each other when it counted most."

"I miss them, Remus. I know I only knew them for a little while, but I loved them and I wish that I could have them back." Harry said sadly as he looked into his cold coffee cup.

"I have wished the same thing many times. But I finally moved on, I got over the fact that they will never come back. Sure, it never took away the pain, but they needed to go. It was a good thing that they went together."

"Remus, what happened to Sophie, Alyssa, and Autumn?"

Remus slowly closed his eyes. His voice barely above a whisper, "Almost two months after you were born we went to Peter's house. It was a small get together of sorts. Everyone was there except your mother, your father, and you. I don't remember it perfectly; it all seems like a fuzzy blurb. Somehow Death Eaters snuck in. The girls were in the kitchen and we were in the lounge. We didn't make it in time; there was no way for us to save them. My Autumn was gone forever; the love of my life, the beat of my heart was gone. We all broke down crying when it was over, except for Peter. At the time we thought that it was just a façade, we all knew that he liked Sophie. We thought that he was trying to be strong in front of us. Boy were we wrong."

"I'm sorry Remus, I really am. I had know idea."

"It is in the past. Is there anything else you would like to know?"

Harry grinned, "What happened with the bet between my mother and Sirius?"

"Sirius won."

"How?"

"Long story short, your mother turned Sirius into a girl on the last day of school. She was laughing so hard that she began to get tears in her eyes. Before they began to fall, Sirius made her hair disappear. When your mother found out what had happened, she was furious. Not one living creature can be as ugly as she was at that moment."

"Mom was pretty special, wasn't she?"

"She was amazing."

A slow smile began to form on Harry's face, "You know what? This all started with a baby."

I know, short ending but I just haven't been in the mood to write. I know that I said that I would start Officially Unengaged but I need a break. Maybe a two or three or month break. Sorry.

I would like to put a thank you out to all of these wonderful people:

God Bless- - sorry your name is anonymous. You are the most… bestest reviewer ever!!

Marrymaria - your reviews are always so nice to read!

Tooaddicted2TV

MandaEvelyn

Allie P. Keaton

Konflickted

Cedriclover22

And all of the other anonymous reviewers!!

I love you all!