Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

I could not think of anything to put in this chapter! So if it seems really bad, I'm sorry! Every time that I would sit down and try to type up a new chapter different ideas for different stories kept popping up! I now have like three more stories that I could do. Which reminds me I would still like some more reviews about the order you want the other stories in. If you don't have time that's fine but I only have 3 reviews to go off of. Well, I hope that you enjoy!!

The garden was beautiful. There were roses, tulips, irises, and her favorite flower, tiger lilies. Lily could tell that someone had cast a charm on the flowers. There was no way that they could look that gorgeous in the winter!

"I love the snow!" James exclaimed.

"I know," Lily said. James looked at her questioningly. "I mean, you guys always had snowball fights at Hogwarts. It was really amusing to watch."

"It would have been even more amusing if you participated."

"Sure, I've always wanted to get chased by a maniac snowman!"

James smiled, "I'll protect you, Frosty cant hit you with ice balls when I'm around. After all I am the one that created him."

"Frosty?" Lily giggled.

"Don't laugh, it's my favorite Christmas movie."

"Christmas is my favorite holiday. I used to have a movie night with my dad every year. It was always the day after Christmas, don't ask me why it was after, it was just tradition."

"Well since there are a couple of days left till the day after Christmas, maybe all of us could get together and have a movie night. Frosty is the only Christmas movie I've ever seen."

"That's it just one?! Then you definitely need to see more! I'll talk to Alyssa then I'll owl you tomorrow."

"Sounds perfect," James said grinning.

Lily smiled softly, put her hand into his, and started walking on the trail around the garden. Right now Lily was having a great time, she loved the view of the flowers with snow all around them. She also loved how the snow would crunch under their footsteps. It also helped that she was really enjoying her company.

James broke the peaceful silence when he noticed that she was shivering. "Here, take my jacket."

"No, you will freeze!"

"Then we'll share." He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. She shivered again, this time not from the cold. He notice and pulled her even closer.

"James, I'm fine," she whispered.

He raised one of his eyebrows looked down at her and said, "Even if you are fine, which I don't believe, I'm quiet comfortable with you by my side."

She blushed, sat down on a bench and when James sat beside her she laid her head on his shoulder. "This is beautiful, the view is wonderful, and your house is amazing."

"My house is huge and it is not a lot of fun when you're an only child. Sirius has been staying with us for about a year. So that makes it a little better."

"I wish I was an only child," Lily mumbled. "My sister hates me. She says I'm a freak, in a way she's right."

"What?" James cupped her face to make her look at him. "You are not a freak Lily. You are the most amazing girl that I have ever met. Your have the highest marks at school, you could outdo anyone with magic, and you befriend everyone including Snape, and merlin Lily, your damn beautiful. There is nothing freaky about you!"

Lily had tears in her eyes, "Do you really mean what you just said?"

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

"Tonight was the first night that you ever gave me a complement," she mumbled sheepishly.

"Oh. Then let me give you another one. I love your eyes, I got lost in them so many times."

She giggled, "I guess I should give you one too. I love your hair. Every time that I would yell at you for raking your hand threw it was only because I wanted to do that myself." She looked down at the snow in embarrassment.

James smiled, a true smile, cupped her face in his hands again and their eyes locked. James looked at Lily's lips asking the silent question. Her tongue darted out to moisten them, her eyes slowly drifting down to his own lips. He began to lean toward her, their face mere inches apart. His hand came up to her cheek, gently caressing it. Lily closed her eyes and leaned into his palm, James closed his and leaned closer to her.

Just as James was about to kiss her a huge laugh erupted from a nearby bush. Both Lily and James withdrew their wands. "Stupefy." James cried. Something fell in the bushes, half in half out. Their lying on his back was Sirius Black.

"What the hell are you doing? Trying to scare us to death? Huh? Answer me! Sirius I said answer me!" James screamed."

Lily was giggling, " James, he's stunned. He can't do anything."

"Oh." He cast the counter curse and started glaring at Sirius again.

"Umm, if it help any I'm sorry I interrupted," Sirius said with his smirk still in place.

James' eyes narrowed even more, "What the hell do you want?"

Lily's eyes were wide, "Did you follow us the entire time?"

"No!" Sirius yelled, "James mum sent me out here, she said that Daniel wanted to see you. I saw the…" He laughed and tried to hide it with a cough. "Compromising situation, so I hid in the bushes. Then I started thinking about the way you were freaking out this afternoon. It brought back memories, very funny memories. But seriously, I didn't mean to intrude."

"Were is Daniel?" Lily asked.

"In the nursery. Want to go?"

"Absolutely."

***

"Ames!!" screamed the little 8 month old. He was wiggling and jiggling, trying to get out of his bouncer seat. (You know those things that you can put in the doorway and the babies sit in them and bounce. Well that is what it is I just can't remember what they are called.)

"Hey Danny!" James cooed as he picked him up. "This is Lily."

"Hello Dan."

"Hi." Daniel stuck his chubby little fingers into his mouth.

"He's adorable," Lily stated.

"Just like me right?" James grinned.

Lily rolled her eyes, " Of course James, just like you."

James' grin turned into a smirk, "Nah, I'm not adorable I'm HOT!"

Lily laughed, "I wouldn't push it James. And I believe that he needs a diaper change."

"Yeah, I guess your right," he said as he laid his cousin down onto the changing tables. After the diaper was off he looked up to see that Lily was turning red from keeping her laughter inside. "What is so funny?"

"Your face!" she gasped. "Your nose is scrunched up, your brow is furrowed, and your jaw is clenched. It's the same exact look you have when you do your homework."

"Well, I have to think about what I'm going to do. That stupid doll never pooped!"

She giggled again, James glared at her. "Fine, I wont help you then."

"No, Lily please I need your help! Please, I'll do anything."

Lily looked down at Daniel lying on the table and started laughing again. "Ok, first of all, you need a new shirt!"

James looked down at his shirt only to see that it was getting sprayed with a certain yellow substance that smelled horribly. "Yuck! Gross! Eww! Daniel that's disgusting!"

Lily came up beside him, took his hand and squeezed it. "He doesn't know what he's doing. Go change, I can finish this."

"Lily, you are the best!" James called over his shoulder as he ran out of the room.

***

James was walking back towards the nursery. He couldn't believe that his favorite cousin just peed on him. If that was Daniels way of showing love he would hate to be his parents.

When he reached the doorway he was in total shock and awe. Lily was sitting on the ground, building up little towers for Danny to knock down. Every time that they would fall Danny-boy would giggle so hard that he would fall over. It was a sight.

Lily was so good with kids. She knew how to make them laugh, get them to sleep, and be perfect little angels. She would make one man really happy, that thought made him instantly jealous.

"You just going to stand there and stare?" her sweet voice said, interrupting his thoughts.

"Seems to me that you have everything under control."

"That's true, but I would really like to go dance again."

James grinned, "Then lets put him to sleep." James picked Danny up off the floor and was rewarded with a scream and a hand that was wet with saliva on his face. "So this is how you act when there is a pretty girl in the room huh? Well guess what? I'm not leaving you alone with her again. Plus she's mine." James whispered the last sentence so softly that Lily didn't hear it.

"Now, lets go get our jam on!" James cried as he and Lily walked into the hall.

An hour later Lily was sitting at a table drinking pumpkin juice. She had to be the designated Apparater tonight since Alyssa got drunk off the orange punch Lily handed her. Alyssa never could handle her liquor. One glass of Firewhiskey and she would be flat on her bum. But Alyssa being drunk did have its perks. Right now Alyssa was dancing with an equally drunk Remus.

"Did ya kno tha the room is spinnin?"

"Yup."

"Did ya kno tha ya ave 6 eyes?"

"I don't, you do! The lights are hurtin my head!" Remus screamed.

"Then I'll dance wif SIRIUS!"

"You rang, my dear," Sirius said as he bowed beside her.

"Yes. Tis time we dance."

"Finally, I was getting the impression that you hate me."

Alyssa sobered up, a little, "I don't hate you, you're just annoyin. Ya look really cute tonight though."

A couple of people away from them James and Lily were laughing. Sirius was blushing and shuffling his feet like an embarrassed 4 year old.

"You know, he really does like Alyssa."

"And Alyssa really does like him."

"Oh, so she is acting just like you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." Lily pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. It was amazing what a simple look could do. "It's just that you know that I liked you since the end of third year, yet you never would go out with me. But it was easy to see that you liked me, well at least you did last year. You were doing the same thing to me that Alyssa is doing to Sirius."

"Oh."

"You're not denying that you liked me last year?"

"You said that you knew I did."

"It was a guess!" James cried, and threw his arms up in the air. "I knew it! You could never resist me!"

"You tricked me! That is so mean."

"Not as mean as turning down the guy you like who just happens to like you too. And he did for 2 years. Why did you turn me down?"

"I- I was ashamed," she stuttered.

"Of what?"

Of what happened last summer."

"What happened last summer?" Lily gave him a pointed look. "Oh. Triston happened last summer. Wait, what has that got to do with you turning me down?"

Lily cringed, "Can we save this for a different night? Please."

"Why?" James whined.

"Because you'll make a big deal out of it and I don't want to deal with it tonight. Please, James."

"Fine, but the day that we get back at Hogwarts you are going to tell me, Got it?"

Lily winced, "Got it."

"Good, now lets dance the night away."

A few minutes later Sirius came up behind James and tapped him on the shoulder. "Would you mind switching partner for a little bit?"

"Only if she doesn't barf on me."

"Ok, move your arse." Sirius yelled as he pushed James away and took Lily in his arms. " I just wanted to apologize."

"Sirius Black, apologizing! I would never thought I would live to see the day."

"Shut up, or I wont."

"Sorry."

"As I was saying before, I want to apologize. I treated you badly when you first got here. I was mad because you were just going to walk out on my best friend. He doesn't deserve that. He really likes you Lily, I don't know why you can't see it."

"I can--"

"No, let me finish, ask questions when I'm done. You hurt him in fifth year. You hurt him bad. He took the cloak and the map, and ran to a secret hideout that he found in the castle. He would go there every night Lily. He wouldn't come back till like 3 in the morning. He is so lucky that O.W.L.S. were over otherwise he would have fell asleep during them."

"One night he snuck out and went to Hogsmeade. He got so drunk that he past out on the stairs and hit his head. He was bleeding Lily and he wouldn't wake up. I was so scared, I was afraid that I lost the closest thing I have to a family… a brother. Lily, I can't stand to see him hurt, and that's all you used to do to him. So forgive me if it takes me a little while to completely trust you."

He finally looked up into her emerald eyes only to see that they had filled with tears. "Oh, Lily, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry. You cant ask as many questions as you want now. Oh, merlin, I'm sorry!"

Lily giggled, "Cloak and map?"

"His invisibility cloak and the Marauders map."

Her eyes were huge, "Invisibility cloak, so that's how you guys get around. What does this map do?"

"I can't tell you that. Sorry."

"It's okay. Oh God, I have to get Alyssa home, that is her fifth glass of punch! What did you put in there?"

Sirius smirked, "Just a little bit of everything. It's really good you should try some."

Lily shook her head, "No thanks, can you tell James I'll owl him tomorrow?"

"Tell him yourself," said a person directly behind her.

When she whirled around she came face to face with James. "Hi."

"Hey. I will escort you to you totally pissed friend." Lily looped her arm through his and they walked over to Alyssa in silence.

"Do you still want to do the movie night?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'll owl you tomorrow sometime. Well I'll see you later. Bye."

James grabbed her arm pulled her close to him and without another thought brought his lips to hers. He was surprised when Lily kissed him back. So surprised that he pulled back and looked at her.

She had on a dazed expression, much like his own. There was a huge smile on her face and her eyes were alight with happiness. He leaned in to kiss her again and when there lips met, her arms wrapped around his neck, his around her waist. They finally broke apart when Alyssa squealed. She came up and hugged James, grabbed Lily's wrist, and dragged her out of the house.

Okay that was officially the longest chapter that I have written so far? Did you guys like it. I couldn't think of any way to end the ball. I hope that this was good enough.

I'm not sure when I will update again. School starts in exactly a week. I'm so nervous!

You guys are pretty close to finding out what Triston looked like, but I'm pretty sure most of you already know. I wish I could have made Daniel's part a little better but I couldn't think of anything else to put in it. And drunk people, oh god am I bad at writing drunk people! Sorry!

Please review!