Unofficial Portkey Archive

It Started With A Baby by Angel 737
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

It Started With A Baby

Angel 737

Oh, gosh, I feel so stupid! I completely forgot about the bet that Sirius and Lily made. My original idea was for Sirius to pull a prank on Lily right before she read the letter. But it slipped my mind when I started writing it! I am so sorry! I will find a way to fit it into the next chapter or two! I have no clue how to word this chapter! I just hope that it doesn't disappoint you guys!

Enjoy!

"I can't do this James. I can't go by myself. Why did Petunia say that? She has to know that I need someone there with me! Damn it James, why did this have to happen?" Lily screamed.

The day after James carried her to his room she remembered that she forgot to read Petunia's letter. What was in that letter was no surprise to Lily but a huge problem for James. Petunia had forbidden for Lily to bring any one of her friends to the funeral. Her reason was because they were freaks like her. James was furious; he didn't want to leave Lily alone, especially when she needed him. Petunia's letter also included the date and the time of the funerals. Monday the 7th of May. Today.

"Lils, please calm down. You will get through this. You know how much I want to be there with you. I would go just to be with you but I don't want your sister to kick you out. Lily please don't cry." James said as he went up behind her and wrapped her in a hug.

"Oh, James, I'm so scared. I don't think that I can do this. Petunia said that our whole neighborhood might be coming. I can't face them. Not knowing that this was all my fault!"

"Lily, you stop right there! This was nobody's fault other than that bastard! Don't you go around and blame yourself!"

"But it is my fault! They want me to suffer! They want me to die of pain! They are trying to take every thing that I love away from me!" Fear dawned in her eyes and she jumped out of James' hug.

Confusion was evident on James face as he took a step closer to her and she stepped away. "Lils, what's wrong?"

"You can't come near me anymore. You'll get hurt. I wont see you get hurt."

"Babe, I'm not going to get hurt."

"Yes, you will! I love you and they will try to take you away from me!" She cried hysterically as tears rolled down her face.

James stood frozen in his place; not even breathing because he couldn't believe that what Lily said was true. Oh, how many day he had wanted to hear her say those words. Not in that particular sentence, but wow, she loved him! The only thing that got him out of his revere was Lily swaying back and forth as if she was about to collapse.

He rushed to her side and gathered her in his arms. He walked to the chair and set her in his lap. "Lily, listen to me. No one is going to hurt you or me ever again. I wont let them, because I love you too."

Lily slumped against him and wrapped him in the tightest hug he had ever received. "Don't leave. Don't ever leave me James," she whispered.

***

'Were the hell is she? The funerals ended 3 hours ago. If that lump of shit that was related to Lily did anything to her, there would be hell to pay. Lots and lots of it.' James was thinking as he was pacing the common room. He couldn't get his mind off of Lily, his beautiful Lily. She looked so sad as she came down the stair that morning after he left to let her get dressed. She looked beautiful as always, but there was something missing in her eyes. The thing that made them twinkle. The joy, the happiness had dissolved away. James made a vow when he saw those emerald orbs. He vowed that he would be the one to get the twinkle of light back into them.

"Were is she?" Alyssa asked the question that had been on everyone's mind.

"You don't think that anything bad happened do you?" Remus asked uncertain.

"No, if something horrible happened, Dumbledore would have told us." James countered without thinking.

"It's late guys, maybe she decided to spend the night there? Makes sense, you know." Peter said as he yawned.

"If you are so tired Pete, get off your fat arse and go to bed. Nobody is forcing you to stay down here. We are down here because we are waiting for a friend that probably just had the worst day of her life. There is no way that she would stay with her sister! Have you not been paying attention to any thing that was said in the last couple of days?" James snarled.

"You know what? I'm sorry okay! It is not my fault that her family has been targeted! In fact it is probably Sirius'! Do you guys not remember the Howler that he got the same day that Lily got her letter?" Peter screamed at the top of his voice. He was turning red with rage and didn't even wait for a reply for his question before continuing.

"Of course you would never blame Sirius! Sirius never does anything wrong, he is a perfect angel. Or maybe it was Remus. They want him to join the dark side because of his condition! Maybe he made a deal with them, giving the whereabouts of a mudbloods family. Or perhaps it was James. Trying to save his own arse and giving away his girlfriends happiness just so his family could live. Or was it me? Poor, innocent, quiet, and shy Peter Pettigrew! Turned on his best friend because he was jealous of his happiness! We will never know whose fault it is; for all we know Lily could have been a target from birth. Just leave me the hell out of whatever you guys plan to do to the Slytherins. I lost my desire for revenge."

After having his little fit Peter ran out of the portrait hole just as a redhead came tumbling in. The seven friends all glance at one another before rushing to Lily and holding her tight.

"Let me go," she mumbled as she stumbled again.

"Lily, sweetie, what happened?" Alyssa asked.

"Let me go."

"Lil, we were worried. The least you could do is tell us if it was peaceful." Sirius stated but it only got him an elbow in the gut and a glare from James.

"Let me GO!"

All of the people surrounding her immediately backed up and after just standing there for a few minutes James finally broke the silence.

"Babe, please tell us how it went." James pleaded.

It was as though James' voice broke a trance she looked up and started to walk toward the girl staircase. Not even looking back to see the surprised faces of so many of her friends.

"Lily," James whined in a way that sounded so much like Oliver. Lily stopped abruptly and slowly turned around as if looking for someone, hope filled in her eyes. But it soon disintegrated, for the one person she was looking for was nowhere to be found. She backed herself up against a wall and let the tears fall down freely. Her shoulders started to shake, her shirt getting rained on by teardrops, and the sobs started to get louder.

James rushed to her side and tried to hold her but she just pushed him off. "Lily, oh merlin, Lily please let me in. I want to help you. Please." he begged.

She looked up at him with tear filled eyes and then closed them. Her voice was soft and cracked a few times but it was loud enough to hear. "Horrible. It was horrible. Petunia didn't expect me to come without one of you guys. So she didn't save me a seat. I had to sit with Uncle Tom Pervy! She made me be the last one to see them. Merlin, I think I might have shed a river full of tears just waiting in line. Mom was so beautiful, even when she looks wax-like. Her blonde hair was perfect, not one strand out of place. But O-Oli-Oliver, she made him look ridiculous. He had on the most hideous clothes that I have seen. I couldn't stand it."

"Lily, as much as I really wanted to know what they were wearing, I would like to know why you are late!" Alyssa almost screamed.

"Tunia asked me to come back to the house. I thought that she was being nice and wanted to put our past behind. But when we got back to the house my stuff was in the hallway, packed in boxes. She said that as soon as I read the will she wanted me to leave and never contact her again. Vernon doesn't want to be around a murderer, she said. Mom left her everything! Everything! She gave me enough to by a flat, but that is it!"

"Sweetie, you know that Petunia is a bitch, and her husband it just the same. And you are not a murderer."

"They killed Oliver because of me! They wanted to kill me but my brother was an easier target! It was just a bonus that he was a mudblood too!" Lily screamed.

"He was a wizard?" Sirius whispered.

Lily slid down the wall and collapsed on the floor. Sobs overtook her body as she shook on the floor. She kept saying that it was her fault and that they killed him. She said so many times that James started to get tears in his own eyes. Lily's little brother was murdered because of his bloodlines. Hell, Oliver was like his little brother. Lily never knew how many letters they had shared.

"James, take her up to your room. The guys will stay with us, just please, please help her." Sophie said quietly.

James walked over to Lily and picked her up like he did so many times before and took her to his room again. As they lay on the bed, Lily rolled over and dug her head firmly into his chest and held on with so much force he thought his ribs might break. Then slowly she released her hold and looked up into his eyes.

"James, you are all I have left in this world. I love you so much James, more that you could ever imagine. And you know what I just realized? I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

James smiled and kissed her hair, "Me too Lily, me too."

Yeah this is a pretty short chapter but I just didn't know what to put into it. I'm not that good with sad scenes. Most times when I think about death I think about the people who were close to me but have died. That just makes it all the more harder to write it. I hope that this chapter was somewhat decent.

Like I promised last chapter, here is an expert out of Officially Unengaged! "… Of course there is! You wrote a letter to my boyfriend saying that we had to break up because I am going to get engaged!" Lily shouted outraged. "You had no right to do that! You had no right to get me an arranged marriage! Whoever this bloke is, he better be pretty damn hot!"

"Language dear. Petunia thought that he was cute, so you should find him irresistible. Now come inside, I want to see your reaction."

When Lily first entered the room, her eyes were automatically drawn to her sister. Petunia was laughing her butt off; she had tears streaming down her egg shaped face. Lily felt sick, whatever made her sister act that way had to be horrible.

Her eyes flew to her mother, who was making her way to the swivel chair. "Pumpkin, this is your fiancé."

Rose Evans spun the chair around. Lily let her eyes travel from his shoes up. She took in the scuffed shoes, his worn and baggy pants, the long, torn, dirty, black cloak, the long black hair, and the cold black eyes.

"NO!" she screamed….

Dun dun dun! Lol I have always wanted to say that! Does that seem like a good story? That part is in the middle of the first chapter! I hope that you guys will like this story and it will be out soon! I think maybe two more chapters in this story and I believe that I am halfway done with my other one! I can't wait to start!

Ha this chapter was out fast, wasn't it! Lol! Now I can say Happy Halloween again!

Please be kind and review for I will give you treats!