Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hidden Agenda by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hidden Agenda

leedee

AN: I'll keep up the daily updates as long as you guys keep up the reviews ;-)

-

-

Chapter 12

-

-

Hermione woke up to the smell of pancakes. She stretched in bed and smiled. Harry was spoiling her, but she didn't feel like stopping him. She put on her robe and walked out to the kitchen. There he was in his boxer and a t-shirt, barefoot, making her breakfast. He didn't hear her come in. She giggled slightly as she watched him try to turn a pancake at the same time as he was trying to balance two hot coffee cups in his other hand.

"Good morning," she said to announce her presence.

He turned around quickly and spilled some of their coffee.

"What the..:" he mumbled and frowned at the coffee.

He put the cups down and started looking for some paper to clean it up. Hermione smiled at him and stopped him as he was leaning down towards the floor.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. Slightly shocked Harry hugged her back and closed his eyes as he smelled her hair.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"I was just happy to see you. I slept very well tonight, for the first time in a long time. I think it was because I felt so safe with you close."

He hugged her tighter.

"You are safe," he stated.

They sat down at the table and Hermione hungrily ate Harry's pancakes.

"Wow, these are great," she exclaimed.

"Don't sound so surprised," he answered proudly.

"No I guess you're pretty used to making girls pancakes in the morning," she had said it before she could stop herself. Harry looked hurt but didn't reply.

"Sorry," she mumbled and took a sip of her coffee.

Hermione was going to spend the day with her parents. She didn't want to be home while the others got the apartment ready for the party. They decided that she would get ready there and than apparate back to the flat. She sent an owl to Draco, telling him about the party and told him that he was welcome. It felt appropriate. They had after all been seeing each other, and she didn't know if they technically still were, despite what had happened at the ball.

Hermione's parents didn't know the whole truth about what had happened to her. They had been told that a dark wizard had taken her, but they didn't know why or how bad it had gotten. No one except Harry, Draco and Hermione knew the real reason why she had been taken.Â

She had a great day with her parents, they fussed over her a bit, but after a while it was just as it had always been. Â She and her mother went shopping in their small town and then they made dinner together. Â After dinner, Hermione was really in the mood to go to the party and her mother helped her get ready in her old room. Hermione was nervously fidgeting with her shopping bags.

"What is with you?" her mother asked excitedly, "I am not used to seeing you like this."

Hermione looked up from her bags.

"Mum, it's nothing… what?"

"You are all nervous and excited. Is there a boy at this party perhaps?"

"I'd expect there'd be quite a few boys there," she answered simply.

Harry and Draco will be there… she thought.

"That smart mouth of yours will get you into trouble one day," her mum mumbled and Hermione laughed at her.

Hermione wore a pair of torn jeans, a black tight halter neck top that showed a lot of her back and her new black leather boots.

"Honestly, to pay that much for a pair of jeans that are torn…." Her mother shook her head. She stood in front of her daughter, helping her put on some make-up.  She had her hair very straight, hanging loosely. "You are so beautiful Hermione, and I like the new boots.  Not quite what you usually wear; they look great on you," her mother commented, smiling.

"Oh mum, you just have to say that because you're my family," Hermione laughed.

"Stop it, let's go down and have another glass of wine before you have to be here."

Her mother had no idea that the boy Hermione was nervous about was Harry. She had always believed that Hermione was in love with Harry, but had never received any kind of admission from her daughter.

Hermione stayed at her parent's house until she was sure the party would have started and people were a bit more relaxed. She apparated into her hallway and indeed there were a lot of loud voices and laughing coming from her living room.

You can do this, just have a good time, it's just like it was before! she told herself.

Hermione stepped into the living room and at once everyone's attention turned towards her. It was only quiet for a moment before everyone got to their feet and hurried to greet her.

She looked to see who was there, the usual gang. Fred, George, Neville, Seamus, Dean, Ron and Harry. Ginny, Angelina, Luna, Lavender and Patil.

"Katie couldn't come," Angelina said and gave Hermione a hug. Harry got up and hugged her tightly.

"You look so… well hot." Harry eyed her, and felt like he could eat her up. Ron hugged her and lifted her from the ground.

"You need a drink!" he announced.

"I think you are right," she agreed.

-

Hermione had to hold her stomach, she was laughing so hard. Fred was doing a very vivid show of one of Ron's unfortunate fall from his brooms, landing him in Mrs. Weasley's flowerbed, begonias hanging from his mouth. She was sitting in one of the armchairs, Ginny sat next to her on the armrest.

Hermione felt Harry's burning eyes on her and it made her flush slightly. He was giving her so much attention, flirting openly.

Lavender sat down on the other armrest and talked in a hushed voice.

"Listen, Hermione. I am really so so so sorry about Cho. I never would have thought she was that evil, I hope you know that I told her that she should never speak to me again," she said.

Hermione smiled sweetly, she had hoped that subject would be left alone tonight.

She patted Lavender's thigh.

"It's fine."

Seamus spoke up.

"Well I for one am just happy to be rid of that wacko. Never did understand what she was doing with us anyway. Guess she just wanted to get some action from our hero," he laughed.

Seamus never could read signs, and he was an expert at putting his foot in his mouth.

"Can't believe you actually shagged that bird," he continued.

Harry looked at Hermione with a frown. She didn't look away, but met his eyes. It bothered her so much to hear about Harry's girls. She could never get used to it, and her jealousy made her almost shake.

Ron started to change the subject when Seamus continued:

"Tell us Harry, she sure could ride a broom, could she ride as well in…"

"Shut the bloody hell up!" Ginny said and punched his arm.

"What?" he looked shocked.

"Would you just drop it?" Ginny continued.

"Sorry, didn't mean any harm. At least it isn't as bad enough as getting in bed with Draco Malfoy." He laughed.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Wow you are on fire tonight," Ron said and handed Seamus a firewhiskey to shut him up. Harry tried not to think about Draco and Hermione, he'd rather convince himself that that had never happened. The words Draco had said at the Ball suddenly echoed in his ears: It must eat you alive, that Hermione sleeps in my bed. Did you know she makes the loveliest moans when she is having sex? Honestly, she is one of the best I've ever had. She almost feels like a virgin, you know. So innocent, but such an appetite…

Harry swept his drink.

"I need to get a new drink," he declared and stood up.

"I'll go with you," Hermione got up out of the chair and followed him to the kitchen.

Harry looked at the bottles on the kitchen table.

"What do I want, what do I want?" he mumbled.

"Will you make me something?" Hermione asked.

She was leaning against the table, looking at him. He nodded without looking at her. She could tell that he was bothered by what Seamus had said. It annoyed Hermione; she had as much right to be annoyed about Cho. She even thought she had more right, because she had felt this way so many times before.

"Come here," she said and took both Harry's hands in his. He stood in front of her and she pulled him closer. She was still leaning back, so there was some space between their upper bodies, but their lower bodies were very close.

"Are you ok?" she whispered.

Harry couldn't remember what he had been angry about. Â He could feel the warmth from her body and he bit his lower lip.Â

"Do you remember that night in the loo?" he whispered.

"I certainly do," she answered and smiled wickedly at him.

They heard someone enter and Harry swore under his breath.

"I am really so sorry you guys. But I just want to say goodbye."

They turned and saw Luna looking guiltily at them. Hermione dropped Harry's hands and walked up to her.

"Goodbye? What are you talking about? You and Ron aren't leaving just yet are you?"

"No Ron is staying. My father just asked me to come to the Quibbler. He wouldn't have asked me unless it was an emergency. I will try to get back quickly. Will you two look after Ron, he is quite drunk already."

They nodded and without another word Luna apparated.

"Guess that moment was spoiled." Harry sounded like a grumpy child. Hermione walked back to him and carefully stroked his cheek.  Just feeling his skin under her hand made her body tingle. She had wanted to touch him and have his attention for longer than she could remember.

She and Harry grabbed their drinks and walked back to the living room.  Hermione took Luna's seat on the sofa, now sitting between Ron and Harry. She felt like she was exactly where she was supposed to be.  Ron took her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

"You are the best, you know that don't you?" he whispered.

She kissed his cheek, and then returned to listening to Ginny's story about how Percy had fallen in front of everyone at the ministry. Stories about Percy were always a hit at their parties; he had only become more and more difficult during the years.

"Oh you guys, Neville has something to share!" Dean exclaimed.

"Stop it," Neville mumbled and jammed an elbow in Dean's side.

"Oh come on Neville, now you have to tell us," Harry said.

Neville got quiet and looked up. Everyone turned their heads.

"Am I interrupting something?" Draco said, just entering the living room.

Hermione flew up out of the couch.

"No, not at all. Come in. Can I get you a drink? You like gin right?"

Draco leaned in and gently kissed her cheek, and followed her to the kitchen.

"Wha the hell iz tha… thin doin here," Ron slurred and waved drunkenly.

"She invited him," Harry answered sulkily.

"That's right she did!" Ginny added," And she wants him here so you all better behave." She waved her finger at the whole room.

Hermione pored Draco a gin, her hands were shaking. It felt very strange to have Draco and Harry at the same place. She felt like she was cheating on them both. She had no idea how to act or how to handle the whole situation. Draco stood close behind her, pressing himself against her.

"Are you sure you want me here?" he whispered, his face almost in her hair.

She turned quickly.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?"

Draco sneered slightly.

"Thought I might be interrupting something," he answered.

"Look Draco, you and I aren't…"

He interrupted her.

"I know that you are mad, I can't really blame you. But look, this will all blow over. And you know you've missed me, right?"

He put his hand at the small of her back and drew her closer. Hermione felt it, or rather didn't feel it. Whatever she had felt for Draco had only lived when she thought Harry would never be hers. Now, after all that had happened, it hadn't survived.

She placed her hand on his chest and looked into his grey eyes.

"Draco, I really need for you not to push me ok?"

He sipped his drink, and looked intently at her.

"Let's join the party," he said and took her hand.

Hermione took her seat on the sofa again, and Draco sat down on a kitchen chair. She looked at Harry, she wanted to reassure him that everything was all right. But as she met his green eyes she lost her words for a moment.

"Everything ok?" he asked.

She nodded.

"So, what were you going to tell us Neville?" Parvati asked and the room got quiet again.

He shook his head. Dean spoke in his place:

"Neville has met a girl," he said happily.

"Who?" the room asked together.

If someone hooked up, that was always interesting. But if someone actually liked someone, that was huge.

"Look, I don't know yet. Okay? She is a girl I met at the shop. We have been on a date and we are meeting again next weekend." His cheeks were rosy red.

"Well tell us about her," George said.

"Her name is Beth, she has brown curly hair. She is very pretty, a muggleborn…"

"The best always are," Harry said and Hermione blushed. Draco glared at Harry.

Neville didn't get to tell them anything else, because Ron dropped his large pint of ale into his lap. Hermione and Harry jumped away from him.

"Bugger," Ron mumbled.

"Little brother…" Fred said and shook his head.

"Sss cold!" Ron slurred. "Oh, sss all the way in my underwear," he laughed.

"Someone should get him out of those clothes and into bed," Ginny suggested.

"Not me!" Fred and George exclaimed at once.

"Well I'm not taking off his sodding underwear," Ginny shot back

.

"I'll do it," Hermione finally said.

Harry looked shocked at her.

"Look, it isn't like I haven't seen him without his underwear before," she admitted embarrassed. They all helped him into Luna's room and then closed the door.

"I'm wet," Ron said,

"Yeah, you spilled your drink," Hermione said as she tried to get his shirt off.

"Did I pee on mzzelf?" he sounded shocked.

Hermione ignored him and pushed him down into lying position and started tugging at his pants. Once his boxers were off she put the cover on him. She sat down next to him.

"Wow, you are going to feel so bad tomorrow."

He had already closed his eyes and seemed to be drifting off. Just as she got up to leave Ron grabbed her arm and pulled her back down.

"Where are you going baby, come here and snuggle with me."

"What? Ron, you're drunk, let me go." She laughed at him.

"Give me some good love, Miss Lovegood!" he slurred.

Oh no, he thinks I'm Luna. she thought.

"Ron, it's Hermione. Luna will be here soon."

Ron tugged hard on her arm and she almost lost her balance. Hermione knew he was only drunk and didn't know what he was doing, but she was starting to panic. Someone holding and pulling her arm was creeping her out, sending her right back to that awful night.

"Baby…"

Hermione tried to get loose, but Ron was far too strong for her, even though he was drunk.

"Let me go Ron, please" she pleaded.

The door opened and Harry entered, in one stride he was at her side, loosening Ron's grip on her. The moment Ron's arm landed on the bed he seemed to fall asleep.

"He's just drunk," Harry said to Hermione.

"I know, he thought I was Luna. It just freaked me out, when he wouldn't let go."

Harry put his arm around her shoulder and they walked back out to the others.

"Let's head out to a nightclub," Dean suggested.

Lavender excitedly clapped her hands.

"Guys, I think I will call it a night. I don't feel like a nightclub tonight," Hermione said.

"I'm not up for it either," Harry added.

"What about you Draco, do you want to join us?" Lavender asked Draco and batted her eyes at him.

"I'm not that into nightclubs anymore," he answered and turned to Hermione. He shot her look, knowing she was thinking about seeing him a club with a woman once. She blushed fiercely. This did not go unnoticed by Harry who was yet again hit by a mad rush of jealousy.

-

The gang quickly disappeared. Left in the apartment were Ginny, Draco, Hermione and Harry.

"Let's make sandwiches and some tea," Ginny suggested and that idea was greatly appreciated by the rest. Hermione started making sandwiches while the others cleaned up a bit in the living room.

"That looks delicious," Harry said, peering down at the turkey sandwich she was preparing. Â He was standing close behind her and Hermione's heart started beating faster.

"It's turkey, your favourite," she stated.

He ran the outside of his index finger down her naked back, it sent shivers down her spine.

They hungrily devoured their sandwiches in silence.

"The best thing about being drunk is eating afterwards," Ginny said with her mouthful.

"Sometimes you remind me so much of your brother," Hermione laughed.

"Which one?" Harry asked jokingly.

"Yeah, which one is more like me?" Ginny asked.

"Well, you have so much of all of them actually. You eat like Ron, you play like Fred and George, you are cute like Bill, play Quidditch like Charlie…and Percy… well you have red hair, just like him." Hermione laughed loudly and ducked as a sandwich came flying from Ginny's side of the room.

Ginny turned to Draco.

"Excited about starting Auror training soon?" she asked.

He nodded, sipping his tea.

"Why didn't you get in last time?" Hermione asked.

"Ask Potter," Draco answered with a bite to his tone.

Harry looked surprised.

"What did I have to do with it?"

"Knock it off Potter, I know you are the reason they didn't accept me." Draco stared angrily at Harry. Harry laughed mockingly.

"Look Malfoy, I don't know where you get your information, but I didn't have anything to do with it. If I could have stopped you, I probably would have."

Draco stood up.

"You are lying!" He pointed his finger at Harry, who in turn also stood up.

"You are not one to talk of liars now are you, Malfoy? Just look at what you did to Hermione." Hermione started to speak, but Draco cut in.

"What happened between us has nothing to do with you. She knows the truth and that's all that matters!"

"Guys." Ginny tried to stop them but it was impossible.

"Oh really, what happens to my friend isn't my business?" Harry screamed at Draco.

"Friend? Give me a break Potter, I see how you look at her. You are in love with her, and you can't stand that I got her. Worse, you can't stand that she's been in my bed!" Draco shouted back. Hermione sprinted to her feet.

"Draco!" she was also yelling now. "Stop it, the both of you. I think we should all say goodnight, now."

She grabbed Draco's arm and pulled him after her to the front door.

"I can't bloody believe you said that," she fumed at him.

He took both her upper arms and stopped her as she was about to close the door.

"He was making me furious, and honestly I don't care what that loser thinks. What happens between us is between us."

"Well obviously not anymore now that you decided to tell the whole room," she spat at him.

He took a deep breath and started stroking her upper arms, but she shrugged him of.

"Goodnight Draco," she said and closed the door.

As she returned to the living room she saw that Harry was the only one in there. He was cleaning up mayonnaise from where Ginny's sandwich hand landed.

"Where's Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"She left. She apparated, she didn't want to go together with Malfoy." Harry sounded cross.

"I'll just go and wash up," Hermione said in a sad voice.

She washed off her makeup and put her hair in a loose bun.  She changed into her pyjama bottoms and a tank top. She looked at herself in the mirror. The tank top was revealing some of her stomach and she could see some of her wounds.  They had healed nicely and they would disappear soon enough, but she wondered if the wounds on the inside would vanish as well. There was a light knock on the door.

"I'll be right out," she called out.

"Do you want me to stay?" Harry asked.

She opened the door and looked slightly puzzled.

"Do you want to go home?" she asked, sounding a bit confused.

"No. No not at all. I just wasn't sure if you wanted me here," he answered.

She smiled and then pulled him into a hug. Harry's hands lovingly caressed her back.

"Good!" he said, "I'll just get ready as well."

When he came to Hermione's room she was already in bed. Harry crept under his blanket, and Hermione laid on her side and looked down at him. He threw his t-shirt on the floor. It had been too bloody hot the previous night!

"I hade a really nice evening tonight, despite how it ended."

"Me to," he agreed.

"Look about what Draco said…"

"We seriously don't have to talk about it," Harry answered.

Hermione was quiet for a while and then continued.

"I kind of have a feeling that we should."

Harry suddenly sat up.

"Fine. So then I want to know… well I just want to know. Are you still… Do you feel… I don't even know what to ask you."

"I don't know Harry. What happened between Draco and I…"

Harry frowned but Hermione continued.

"Well you know what I found out. For goodness sake, you were even there and heard it. But I do know that he has real feelings for me, he still wants me to go to Paris with him."

She went quiet; she wanted to let it sink in with Harry.

"Are you in love with him?" Harry said and held his breath.

"No," she answered without even thinking about it. Harry seemed content with that answer as he lay back down again. Hermione yawned widely, and soon they were both a sleep.

-->