Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hidden Agenda by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hidden Agenda

leedee

I should probably put in a little warning for this chapter, there will be some Hr/D scenes (nothing graphic), but if you don't like that - skip this one!

-

Chapter 6

-

-

Three days later as Hermione entered her flat, she saw a man's jacket hanging in the hallway.

Oh stop it. It's not Harry, don't get your stupid hopes up!

She entered the living room where Draco Malfoy was listening to a story, told by Luna. Hermione smiled at the look on Draco's face. No matter how he had changed, Hermione knew he would never enjoy one of Luna Lovegood's crazy stories.

Luna quickly excused herself and Hermione sat down in one of the armchairs.

"I came to invite you to dinner," Draco finally spoke.

"What, in your hotel room?" Hermione answered.

He smiled at her.

"I can come and pick up in a couple of hours. You might want to change."

-

Hermione went out with Draco that evening, the one after that as well.

They stayed out late, and actually had a great time. Draco understood that something had happened, and he did his best to keep Hermione's mind on something else.

He really enjoyed spending this time with her, he usually thought girls were good for only one thing, and he hadn't even kissed her yet.

Hermione had invited Draco to join her at the dinner party Ginny had invited everyone to. They were going to meet in a nice restaurant in London, magical of course. Hermione could only guess that Harry would be there, and Luna had told her that he was spending a lot of time with Cho, so she'd probably be there to.

She straightened her hair, and with the help of a Muggle spray, it looked very shiny and pretty. She wore a pair of flared loose black pants, and a tight black top. There was a gap between her pants and her top, showing of some of her stomach.

She put on some mascara and lip-gloss and was quite pleased at what she had accomplished. Luna wasn't home so Hermione played very loud music and began dancing in front of her mirror, but was startled to hear a very loud banging on the door. Â She yanked it open and saw Draco.

"Where's the fire?" she screamed over the music. She turned and pointed her wand towards the living room and it finally went silent.

"Are you kidding? I've been knocking forever. And what the bloody hell are you listening to?"

"Oh, it's just some Muggle music. Come on in, I'm just about ready to go"

Draco stepped inside and he could see a large pile of clothes lying on Hermione's bed.  She was hurrying back and forth looking for one of her shoes. She looked slightly flushed when she came back out to him.

"You look lovely," he assured and she smiled.

Draco took a step closer to her and Hermione stopped breathing. Â He placed his hand on her lower back and pulled her close to him. Â He looked into her brown eyes and then confidently lowered his head and kissed her. Hermione was cautious first, but gave in to the kiss. Â Her feet tingled slightly, a feeling she had never felt with anyone except Harry. Â Draco pulled away from her, he bit his lower lip, and it looked like he was controlling himself from throwing her up against the wall. Â

"There, I didn't want to have to wait until later tonight to do that. Shall we go?" He gave her his arm, she took it and they left.

--

Everyone Hermione supposed would be at the party was there.

They had a large round table, and in order they sat: Ginny, Neville, Luna, Ron, Cho, Harry, Lavender, Fred, Angelina, George, Parvati and then there were two empty seats for her and Draco. They smiled and greeted everyone, none of them meeting Harry's eyes.

Hermione took the seat next to Parvati, and Draco sat next to Ginny. Hermione was sitting almost directly opposite to Harry and Cho, and she hated it.

She should be used to seeing Harry with his girls, but she could never stand it.

They started with drinks and Hermione ordered a large glass of white wine.

Draco leaned over and whispered:

"So this is basically what you guys do every single weekend? Just hang out."

"Pretty much- always the same people as well, unless someone brings a date once in a while."

"Like you brought me."

His breath tickled her ear, it was hot and moist.

She turned and looked into his grey eyes.

"Right."

Ginny waited until everyone had received their drinks.

"Ok my dear, dear friends. I have gathered you here to make an announcement…"

Everyone went silent and listened intently.

"You're pregnant!" Fred guessed.

Ignoring Fred's comment Ginny continued as if he had never spoken. "… I have been scouted by a great great team. I will start playing for the … Tutshill
Tornados"

"My favourite team!" Cho exclaimed and started clapping, the rest followed and clapped as well.

--

As dessert arrived Hermione was given a Caramel Rice Pudding. She frowned. Draco looked inquiringly at her.

"What's wrong?"

"This isn't mine," she mumbled.

She only knew one person who ordered Caramel Rice Pudding. She looked up and met Harry's eyes. Indeed, in front of him sat an Olde English Trifle. He silently reached the plate across the table and she in return gave him his. Just as he grabbed the plate of Pudding his fingers grazed hers and she looked at him again. He ignored her and started talking to Cho again.

"Everything ok?" Draco asked, he couldn't help noticing the obvious tension.

"Fine." She took a large piece of Trifle.

"How about if we get out of here as soon as possible?"

"You read my mind, these guys will probably stay here drinking for ages. I'm not really up for it," she answered relieved.

Draco put his hand on hers on the table, and it gave him great joy to see that the only person who noticed was Harry, and he didn't look happy at all.

-

Draco leaned back on his elbows. Â They were on Hermione's balcony, he had followed her home, she had invited him in, and there they were. He took a deep puff from his cigarette.

"That's a nasty habit you know." She nodded towards the cigarette.

He nodded without answering.

"Did you enjoy tonight?" she continued.

Hermione was sitting on one of the chairs.

"It was bearable," Draco finally answered. "So what's the story with you and Potter?"

He didn't want to ask, he thought he sounded like a school-girl but he needed to know.  To his horror he had realized that his feelings for Hermione had grown into something more than doing Cho Chang a favour. Hermione was slightly taken a back by the question.

"Well as you saw tonight, he despises me," she spoke softly.

Draco flicked his cigarette over the railing.

"Were you two never an item? Nothing ever happened between you?"

Nothing and everything… How honest should I be?

"We were never a couple."

Draco sat down next to her.

"I am intrigued."
She looked surprised at him.

"Well if he's not responsible for your virginity-loss, who is?"

She laughed at him.

"I bet you have quite a few of those on your conscience," Hermione said, trying to change the subject.

"Let's go inside." He stood and walked before she had answered.

"Do you want some coffee?" she asked as she entered the living room.

He shook his head.

"Come here," he said.

Hermione's heart started beating quickly and she slowly took a step towards him.

He took her chin lightly in his hand and raised her head. Her brown eyes made his insides warm.

Their lips met, and this time there was a lot more fire in the kiss. Hermione wrapped her arms around Draco's neck and deepened the kiss.

Draco backed towards the sofa, and as the back of his knees hit it, he sat down, pulling Hermione with him.

He helped her by slightly lifting her, he pulled her under him and laid his weight on top of her.

He tasted her neck, and worked his way down to her collarbone.

Hermione ran one hand through his hair.


It really doesn't feel like Harry's at all. I really love Harry's hair...

Her thoughts were interrupted by her own moan as Draco kissed her earlobe.

He gently shoved a hand under her shirt and gently touched her soft stomach. He suddenly pulled back, and raised himself on his knees. Without a word he quickly pulled his shirt over his head, and lowered himself again.

Hermione let her hands softly touch his back while they were kissing.

Am I really going to do this? This will change everything. If I sleep with Draco, Harry will never look at me the same again. What have I got to loose? Harry doesn't love me like that… But do I really want this? It feels so good…

Again Hermione's thoughts were interrupted, this time by Luna's voice.

"Oh my, so sorry!"

Draco quickly jumped of Hermione, who sat up quickly.

Luna, Ron and Lavender were standing googly eyed, staring at them.

Draco grabbed his shirt and pulled it back on again. Lavender looked delighted.

"We came… finished, dinner," Ron blurted.


"It's fine Ron, this is Luna's flat too," Hermione answered, her cheeks as red as Ron's hair.

She took Draco's hand and led him out of the living room. When they came to the hallway they both started laughing.

"Wow, it got a bit hot in there," Hermione said.

"Why don't we go to my hotel room and finish what we started?" He stepped closer to her and tried to kiss her again, she could barely resist.

Hermione raised her eyebrow.

"I think it's for the best that they came when they did. I'm not really the kind of girl you're used to."

"What's that's supposed to mean?" he asked, laughing at her.

"Well I've never gotten it on in a nightclub in front of a lot of people for once," she smiled and looked into Draco's eyes.

"Oh I knew you would throw that in my face sooner or later. Such a shame, I wanted to suggest that we'd go dancing soon."

There's that sexy smile again

"Good night Draco." She leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"I just want you to know, that there hasn't been any nightclubs in a while. Just so you know…"

Hermione smiled.

"Good."

--

Hermione slept horribly that night; Harry haunted her dreams. Â She woke up with a raging headache, and she dreaded the rest of the day.Â

.

Luna was sitting at the kitchen table, looking dreamingly out of the window.

"Hey," Hermione said quietly as she pored herself a cup of coffee.

"You're not going to be happy," Luna spoke, still looking out of the window.

"What now?" Before Luna had a chance to answer Hermione saw the article on the table. It was the mornings Daily Prophet. The gossip page was spread on the table.

"How many hearts can Hermione Granger break?

Â

The Daily Prophet has reported for years about Hermione Granger, the Muggleborn friend of Harry Potter. Â When in Hogwarts, she seduced and broke Harry Potter's heart, followed by Viktor Krum and Ronald Weasley. Â Harry Potter and Hermione Granger have been noted as a couple for years, but yet again has Harry's heart been broken? Â Hermione Granger has now enthralled notorious bachelor Draco Malfoy. Â Ms. Granger shows little regard to her past lovers' feelings, as Ronald Weasley was forced to witness Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy naked, in each other's arms, almost in public. Many feel that Ms. Granger should take higher regard to the fact that Ronald Weasley never got over the heartache she caused him.Â

How long will it take before Ms. Granger's hunger for famous wizards is satisfied, one wonders. Â Harry Potter, on the other hand, has been seen around town with the lovely Cho Chang, and witnesses say they look happy and in love. Â We have contacted some old Hogwarts students to get comments on the latest story:

Â

Pansy Parkinson: `What?! Â Draco and Hermione Granger? Â That is impossible. Well if Draco has been seen around with that girl, it has to be for some other reason. Â She is a vial creature that Granger girl, obviously trying to get her claws into anyone she can.'"

-

Hermione threw the paper back on the table without finishing it.

"Oh - that woman!"

Luna looked up at her.

"Do you believe Ron isn't over you?" she asked sadly.

"Oh Luna, that's nonsense. You know it is! Ron is madly in love with you, it has been years since we were an item."

Luna looked down at her hands.

"How the bloody hell did Rita find out about yesterday anyway?"

"Well that's obvious," Luna answered.

Hermione slumped down in the opposite chair.

"Well Lavender of course," Luna stated.

Hermione looked horrified.

"She wouldn't!"

"She has become friends with Cho Chang, hasn't she? And Cho works with Rita."

Hermione couldn't believe it. Had Lavender sold her out?

--

Hermione hurried to get to work. She couldn't bear staying home any longer.

People were giving her weird glances, and she became more upset throughout the day. Â Poor Harry, this had been his life for so long? Â When lunch came, she ate it alone in her room. Â As she bit down on her sandwich there was a knock on her door.

"Come in," she called out.

Draco entered, looking rather amused.

"So, apparently we were half naked yesterday," he said.

Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I just can't catch a break," she sighed.

Draco pulled up a chair and sat down next to her behind the desk.

"You don't really care about that stupid story do you?"

"Yes I do."

"That's what a figured, that's why I'm here."

He looked at her. It looked like she was close to tears.

"You should have seen Luna this morning, she was so sad. That horrible Rita Skeeter puts ideas in people's heads." He stroked her back as she let her head hang. "I have an idea," Draco started and Hermione looked unbelievingly at him.Â

"No just listen. Â How about if you take the afternoon off and I promise to cheer you up."

Hermione eventually agreed and as they left her office she was actually becoming slightly curious about what Draco had in mind. Â As they left St. Mungo's Hermione tried to keep her head down so that as few people as possible would recognize her. Â

As she got into Draco's limousine a woman on the street was actually pointing at her and she quickly closed the car door. Had she only looked at the other side of the street, she would have seen Harry standing there, watching them. He had read the article and guessed how upset Hermione would be.  He had hurried straight to St. Mungos, but as he arrived he saw Hermione exiting the building with Draco's arm around her shoulders. She did look sad, but Draco was the one comforting her.

-

Reviews are always appreciated!

-->