Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hidden Agenda by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hidden Agenda

leedee

-

-

Chapter 2

-

-

Â

Later that week as Hermione was enjoying a book in her room she felt her stomach growling loudly. Â She went into the kitchen and found her flatmate elbow deep in pots and pans.

Â

"Can I help you with something, Luna?" she asked.

Â

"No!" Luna waved her hands. Â "I want this dinner to be really special."

Â

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hermione laughed but knew that it was true, her help would probably spoil the meal.

Â

"Harry is coming as well." Luna peered over at Hermione.

Â

"Oh?"

Â

"Yes I told Ronald to bring him.  So you can have someone to talk to when Ronald can't keep his hands to himself."  Luna giggled to herself. Hermione had to laugh at Luna, she was so in love with Ron, it was adorable.

Â

"Well, I will just go and… well, get ready for dinner." Â Hermione hurried off to her room.

Â

When there was a knock on the front door she looked into the mirror one last time before hurrying over. Â She opened the door excitedly and was nearly floored at the sight of him. Â He looked so handsome. Â He was wearing black slacks and a dark green shirt.

Ron hurried by her, giving her a casual kiss on the cheek before smooching his girlfriend.  Harry shot her a sexy smile and leaned in slowly. Just before he kissed her cheek he said quietly:  "Hey you."

Â

Her cheek felt hot where he had kissed.

Â

Get a hold of yourself Hermione!

Â

Luna had prepared a lovely dinner and they had a great evening. Â Harry had brought wine and Ron had even brought flowers for Luna.

Â

"Oh guess what I just found out," Luna exclaimed, "The Daily Prophet is holding a huge ball in six weeks. Â It is supposed to be something magnificent."

Â

"Couldn't be bothered," Ron shrugged.

Â

"Oh, we're going. Â I have to attend for The Quibbler. Â Everyone is going to be there! Â That reminds me, who is coming tomorrow to Ginny's game?"

Â

"I wouldn't miss it," Hermione answered. "Harry will be there, won't you?"

Â

"Can't, got a date," he answered a little bothered.

Â

Hermione took a sip of her wine and looked away. Ron looked uncomfortably at Luna.  He quickly changed the subject, even though he noticed that both Harry and Hermione were acting a bit different after that.

Â

They soon moved the rest of the evening over to the sofas where Hermione served the only thing she could master in the kitchen: cappuccinos.

Â

Soon Ron was looking like a love-sick puppy and he and Luna excused themselves and left.

Â

"Those two," Harry chuckled.

Â

"What? I think it's nice," Hermione answered. "Don't you ever want something like that?"

Â

Harry started fiddling with his sleeve. "Me? I don't know, I'm kind of happy with my life the way it is."

Â

Hermione wasn't happy with that answer at all. Â She always felt like she was waiting around for Harry, even though he hadn't promised her anything.

Â

"Well you can't bloody be seventeen for life," she muttered.

Â

"What is that supposed to mean?" he snapped at her.

Â

She forcefully put down her cup and leaned forward. "I'm just saying...look, I know you feel like you lost a lot of your youth..."

Â

"I did lose my youth!"

Â

"I know! Â But I mean, playing has to get old sometime, right? Â Do you want to live like Draco Malfoy for the rest of your life?"


"What? So am I supposed to become a frigid, lonely, bitter…"

Â

"That's supposed to be me is it?"

Â

Hermione stood up, as did Harry. Â They were standing face to face, one redder in the face than the other.

Â

"Look, maybe you should get your own life instead of trying to live mine," Harry shouted at her.

Â

"Live yours? Â That's the last life I'd want to live. Â Can you imagine if I did what you do? Â I'd be the biggest whore in town!"

Â

"Jealous?" he said coldly.

Â

"Get out!" She waved towards the door.

Â

"I'm just about to!" he walked to the sink and threw his cup down.

Hermione was so angry that she was shaking.

Â

--

Â

Â

The next day it was time for the girls to all meet again. Â Hermione wasn't in the mood at all, but she had decided not to let Harry affect her. Â Who was he to tell her that she was jealous? And what did he mean by that? Jealous of him for having fun? Â Or did he mean that she was jealous because she wanted to be the one in his bed?

Â

She took great effort in her appearance that evening.  Her hair was straight and looked quite nice if she could say so herself.  She looked professional yet comfortable in her black pants, sweater, and elf-toed heels. At closer look, one could see that the black sweater was a sheer material and under it, she had a sleeveless shirt.

Â

She knew that she would run into Harry sooner or later during the evening, and she wanted to look as splendid as she could. Â She would show him that she didn't need him in her life, she was just fine!

Â

The girls met at Curly Pearls as usual and the mood was high.  Everyone was in very good form and Hermione played along.  She looked at the faces around her and wondered how they all did it.  How did they seem so happy and careless? She looked at Ginny, she was so pretty and successful, and the guys were always all over her.

Â

"Come on girls, we are meeting the guys at that muggle club that Seamus likes," Lavender announced, "and hopefully I will finally get my teeth into Harry."

Â

Ginny looked over at Hermione who pretended to not care, even though Ginny could see the hurt look.

Â

Â

--

Â

Â

Hermione looked around the Smoky Club. Â There were people everywhere, and she had already lost everyone she knew.

She looked over at the dance floor; people were dancing wildly to the music. Â She couldn't tear her eyes from them, it looked like they were all having… well sex. They were all moving to the loud beat of the music, half-dressed sweaty and clinging on each other.

She walked over to the bar and ordered a drink. Â She stood sipping it, looking around when something caught here eye.

Â

There was a couple standing near a corner of the club, what were they doing? Â She was pressed up, back against the wall and he was standing close to her, it looked like they were dancing. She had her head leaned back, and it looked like she was moaning -grinding against him. Â Then Hermione saw where his hand was, it was under her skirt, between her legs.

Â

She couldn't look away.

Â

The tall well-dressed man, dressed in all black was looking intensively at the woman, he was almost looking bored. Â Hermione suddenly saw that the man had turned his head, and was looking her way.

Â

He was still so much in the shadow that she couldn't see his face. Â She still stared, too intrigued and shocked to look away.

Â

The disco light changed again and a small ray of light hit his face.

Hermione gasped at the sight of Draco Malfoy's face. And he was looking straight at her, at her realization he shot her a small smirk.

Â

Hermione looked quickly down at her drink. Â How embarrassing!

She looked around, but still she saw no familiar faces. Â She started to walk around, desperately trying to find someone she knew.

A tall red-head was walking towards her, and she sighed in relief.

Â

"Fred, I mean George, sorry," she said.

Â

He gave her a heartedly hug. "Don't worry about it, can I get you a drink.  And maybe later on a dance?"

Â

She nodded shyly at him. Â There was no doubt that George was flirting with her, she knew it. Â And tonight she wasn't going to play dumb. Â He ordered her a drink and then took her hand.

Â

She silently followed him without knowing where they were going.  She was just happy to be saved from the chaos.  They arrived at a big table where most of the guys were sitting.  She immediately met Harry's eyes. They sent a shockwave through her.

Â

He looked down at her and George's intertwined hands and then he looked away.

Â

George pulled her down on the sofa next to him. Â Harry was sitting so far away that she couldn't hear what he was talking about, and she felt relieved about that. Â Instead she concentrated on Fred and George's stories. Â They were quite entertaining and no one could ensure a good evening like those two. Â Ginny and Luna soon found them.

Â

"Where's Lavender?" Hermione heard Harry ask and she felt jealous.

Â

"I don't know, I last saw her talking to some guy in the bar," Luna answered.

Â

Hermione looked at Harry to see what his reaction to this would be, but he didn't seem to care at all. Â George carefully placed his arm over her shoulders and she answered him with a bright smile. Â But suddenly she lost focus when she saw two girls in the bar pointing to Harry.

Â

Great, here we go again! she thought

Â

She gasped when she saw one of them raise the hem of her skirt slightly while licking her lips at Harry. Â She gazed over at Harry and saw him smiling at the girl.

Â

What happened next was too much for Hermione to handle. As Harry waved the girls over, George started to ask her something, and then the big shocker… Lavender arrived at the table with none other than Draco Malfoy

.

Harry stood up when he saw Draco and the tension around the table became almost deadly.

Â

"Come on now, boys, there are no hard feelings here right?" Lavender said loudly.

Â

"Oh, Potter, you can't seriously have a grudge just because I was so much better than you at Quidditch in school?" Draco looked sternly at Harry.

Â

"Get off it Malfoy, you know very well…" Harry was interrupted.

Â

"Because I think the war cleared out all other issues, right?" Draco finished.

Â

"Oh, boys, you're so silly." Lavender laughed and stroke Harry's upper arm.

Â

Draco joined Lavender on her end of the table, on the far other side from Hermione.

Â

Seamus and Neville were both polite and tried to talk to Draco. Â Lavender kept him busy though, she was completely throwing herself at him.

Â

Hermione tried to not look at him, but when she did she met his gaze, and he threw her that smile again. Â She was getting annoyed with that smile. Â It was kind of sexy - in an evil way.

Â

"So, are we dancing or what?" George whispered to her.

Â

"I'd love to," she answered honestly.

Â

A few more people joined them at the dance floor. Â It was slightly uncomfortable to dance to this sort of music with George, it was very intimate. Â But compared to sitting at a table with Harry and his groupies, and having Malfoy throw her knowing dirty looks, she would choose dancing any day.

Â

Soon Harry and one of his groupies joined them on the dance floor. Â Hermione couldn't bear to watch the girls rubbing themselves against Harry, so she excused herself to George and went to the ladies room. Â What a night this turned out to be!

Â

--

Â

Â

She soon found herself in Ginny's small flat, where the after-party was being held. Â Harry had brought both the girls from his new fan club. Â Lavender had brought Draco Malfoy, and Hermione found the whole situation completely absurd. Â Parvati had crashed in Ginny's bed, Seamus was dancing with Ginny and Lavender in the kitchen. Â Ron and Luna were snogging in one of the armchairs, while Harry was standing - talking to his two groupies who were both busy fondling him. Â Neville and Dean had gone home after the night-club. Â Hermione was sitting in the sofa with George and Angelina.

Â

"Come on guys, we are going for a walk. Â Get some air you know." Fred winked at them.

Â

"I could definitely use some air, that last firewhiskey really is working it's way up, "George agreed.

Â

"I think I'll stay here," Hermione answered and was left alone.

Â

Draco was watching them from the other side of the room. Â He made his way over to her and sat down next to her.

Â

"So, Granger…." He turned slightly sideways to face her.

Â

"Malfoy," she answered politely.

Â

"So this is what you guys do, huh?" He looked around the room.

Â

"What do you mean?"

Â

"Well, it's the same gang from school; nothing has changed at all has it?"

Â

Hermione wasn't sure if it was an insult or not. Â Draco fixed his grey eyes on her.

Â

"What, don't you have any friends left from school?" Hermione regretted the question as soon as the words had left her mouth.

Â

"Surely you know I don't. Â As you might remember I went a very separate way during the war."

Â

Hermione felt ashamed, she did in fact know how Draco had left his old life behind to help the Order.

Â

"Luna said she saw you and Pansy a couple of weeks ago," she filled in, trying to find anything to talk about.

Â

"Yes, Pansy likes to look me up whenever she's in town. Â Rekindle the old friendship, you know."

Â

"Isn't she married?" Hermione asked.

Â

Draco laughed slightly and looked down at Hermione's hands in her lap. Â Some of his blond hair fell forward in his face. Â He looked into her eyes and slowly put the hair behind his ears.

Â

"Rules have never stopped anyone, breaking them makes it all so much more fun."Â His look was making her slightly uncomfortable.

Â

 "I bet you never imagined yourself at a party with Harry Potter, or even worse, someone like me - a muggleborn."

Â

"Why, Miss. Granger, are you baiting me? Â Hoping for me to say something rude. Â Nice way to make me feel welcome." He started to stand up.

Â

She grabbed his elbow and pulled him back down.

Â

"No, I'm sorry Draco. Â I'm just having a bad day, I didn't mean to be rude."

Â

Harry watched Hermione from the other side of the room. Â Why was she talking to Malfoy? Didn't she remember what he had done? Â The things he had called Hermione?

Â

Harry didn't care what anyone said, Draco might have helped them during the war, but he still hadn't paid his price for his actions prior to the war.

Â

George entered the room with his twin again.

Â

"Hermione, we're leaving. Â Do you want to stay or shall we walk you home?" he asked in a friendly tone.

Â

Hermione looked over to Harry, he was kissing one of the girls.

Â

"I think I'll join you two actually," she answered and reached out, letting George help her out of the sofa.

Â

He placed his hand on her back and started to guide her out of the room. Â She hesitantly turned around, meeting Draco's gaze.

Â

"Bye, Draco."

Â

"See you around, Granger."

-

AN: Thanks to all who take a minute to leave a review!

-->