Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hidden Agenda by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hidden Agenda

leedee

AN: Wow, got some pretty angry reviews after the last chapter, but that's okay. I did tell you to tell me whether you/hate love the story. I did also warn you that the characters might be a bit OOC, and guys - there might actually be an explanation to some behaviour. But I will warn you again, if you can't stand the thought of Harry and Hermione with other people before finding each other, this story is not for you.

-

-

Chapter 3

Hermione sat on the balcony of her and Luna's apartment watching the busy street below. The warm spring sun felt good on her face and she closed her eyes and enjoyed it.

"Hello." Luna's dreamy voice woke Hermione up from her daydreaming.

"Hi Luna, join me." Hermione gestured to the other chair.

Luna sat down and looked inquiringly at Hermione.

"What's up Luna?" Hermione knew that look very well.

Ginny walked out on the balcony. "What are you doing here?" Hermione asked, a bit surprised.

"Oh thanks," Ginny joked while sitting down on the floor, leaning on the balcony railing.

""Oh stop, I didn't mean it like that."

Ginny looked at Luna, and then back to Hermione.

"We need to talk to you," Luna started.

"We are worried about you," Ginny continued.

Hermione looked slightly amused.

"What is this, some sort of intervention? I'm not touching the firewhiskey more than the rest of you lot," she laughed.

"Well, it is an intervention of sorts…" Ginny started. "We are worried about you."

"Yeah, you all ready said that…" Hermione answered annoyed.

"Hermione, we know that you are in love with Harry," Luna blurted out.

Hermione shifted uncomfortably in her chair.

"What…"

"Don't deny it, please," Ginny pleaded.

"Ok, so what if I am? Why do you care?" Hermione snapped.

"Hermione, you need to get over him," Ginny said.

A few silent moments passed.

"I think you two would be wonderful together" Luna spoke. "But listen Hermione; I figure you've been waiting around for him for at least ten years or something. He isn't coming around."

It was a harsh thing to say, but Ginny and Luna had decided that they needed to reach Hermione. They couldn't bear to watch her suffer anymore.

Hermione's eyes started to tear up.

"I don't know what to do about it. I just keep waiting for it to end. It's not like I'm waiting for him to come around. I don't want to feel this way…" she whispered.

"I know sweetie, Ginny answered. Look Harry is a great guy, and you are an even greater girl. But you know how he is now. He hasn't had a girlfriend since he and I were an item before the war."

"Oh Ginny, I've never believed he and I would become a couple. I just can't help it."

"I know," Luna continued, "you know how in love I was with Ron. And it took him ages to realize he had feelings for me. I nearly gave up."

Hermione's tears welled over. She had never thought Harry would suddenly see her as Ron had notice Luna. She knew, she had always known that they would only be friends.

"You need to let him go," Ginny said softly. "Why don't you try to have some fun when we go out this weekend. Give George a chance - or not. I mean, just give another guy a chance. I feel sorry for all those poor suckers who try to flirt with you, just to have you go after Harry."

"What do you mean go after?" Hermione sounded horrified.

"Oh, I didn't mean like that. But he likes to interfere whenever you get attention from a guy. It's like he wants you all to himself."

"Until he always leaves the party to sleep in someone else's bed…" Hermione finished.

"Will you just try, at least?" Ginny asked.

Hermione nodded. She always tried, but she couldn't help it. Harry would say something sweet, or he would dance with her - and just for a few minutes her world stood still. Everything would become a blur except his face, which was clear.

"Lavender is bringing Draco Malfoy again," Luna changed the subject.

This caught Hermione's attention.

"Is it the weekend all ready?" she muttered.

"Hermione, one is supposed to look forward to the weekend," Ginny answered.

"It's not that," Luna filled in for Hermione, "it's just that it's our turn to host the party."

Silence again.

"Yeah, well guess who Dean is bringing? Cho Chang!" Ginny announced.

Hermione's eyes became big.

"Great, another stupid girl to fawn all over Harry," she muttered.

--

Hermione got home from a long day at work to a house filled with people. She sighed as she took her coat off. What was wrong with her? Why was she so tired of this scene?

She walked into the living room and found Lavender in a heated discussion with Ginny.

"Really, Gin, it's not your business."

"Well, you need to calm yourself down," Ginny raised her voice.

"You both need to concentrate on moving that sofa all the way over there," Luna said to them both. Ginny glared at Lavender.

"Lavender wants Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter, and the rest of the wizarding world all for herself," Ginny spoke to Hermione.

"Well, good luck to her," Hermione answered and slumped down in the armchair.

"You don't find it a bit unethical to try to get two guys at the same time?" Ginny asked heatedly.

"Honestly, I don't care." Hermione looked out the window.

Ginny and Luna exchanged concerned looks.

Lavender suddenly clapped her hands.

"I know! I will help you get ready tonight! You will look smoking hot. You won't be able to keep the boys off you," she giggled.

"Thanks, but no thanks." Hermione rose from the chair, "I'm not into the whole red lips, big hair."

She had left the room before she could hear Ginny's hearty laugh and Lavender's objections.

Hermione redrew to her room. Could she leave? Make up some kind of excuse not to attend the stupid party? She suddenly realized that she was sobbing.

Get a hold of yourself you stupid girl, she thought, You do not cry over things like this.

That was it; she had to end this nonsense right now. No matter what happened tonight, she was going to have a great night. She used to have so much fun at these parties, even though she always fancied Harry quietly when no one was watching.

She opened the door and yelled to Ginny:

"Gin, would you be an angel and bring me a drink. I want something while I get ready."

She wore a pair of tight jeans that really flattered her curves. With that she wore a black top that left her back completely naked. She straightened her hair with the help of a potion, and a muggle straightner. She even opened her muggle makeup box and put a little bit of dark eye shadow around the eyes and a bit of lip-gloss.

She could hear a lot of people out in the flat all ready. She took a deep breath before opening her door.

You can do this. Just have fun, and don't let anything bother you!

The first thing she heard as she entered the hallway was Harry's voice. Immediately her heart started beating faster. She took one more breath before walking with confident strides into the living room. She could feel Harry's eyes immediately.

"Wow, you look lovely," Ginny said.

She shot her a grateful smile and couldn't help noticing Lavender's annoyed look.

She walked over to the counter and grabbed two glasses of wine. She went straight to Harry. He was talking to Neville but saw her coming. He stopped talking as she approached.

"Peace?" she asked and smiled innocently.

"I could never be at war with you," he said and smiled at her.

He took one of the glasses and took a sip. But just as he was about to say something to her, she turned around and left.

Harry watched her walk away. She drove him crazy. She looked deadly tonight, and he was happy they weren't going to one of those clubs tonight. There'd be a hassle to keep all of those guys away.

He frowned as he saw Hermione take a seat next to George.

--

"Oh my! Then what happened?" Ginny asked in shock.

"Well, I told her that this Weasley was an occupied man, but that I had two twin brothers that together might come close to being as good as I am," Ron boasted.

"You did not!" Luna laughed and slapped his arm.

"No, I didn't, but I could have," he admitted with a shameful grin.Â

Dean and Cho Chang entered the apartment. Everyone was happy to see her and flocked around her to hear what was new in her life. Hermione however stayed far away from Cho; she was one girl Hermione could not stand. And she knew more than well that Cho hated her just as much.Â

Hermione excused herself and left to open the front door. She took another sip of her wine. The night was coming along quite nicely, even though Cho was there. Â

She opened the door and met two grey eyes.

"Granger." Draco smirked at her.

"Hello, Draco,"

He stepped inside, and Hermione took a step back. Draco took of his coat and raised his eyebrows.

"Well?"

"Well what?" she asked, feeling stupid.

"Are you going to make me carry my coat around all evening?"

"Oh, sorry! You can put it in my room. Here, follow me."

She blushed and walked towards her room with Draco after her. She took the coat from him and could smell the cologne he was wearing. It really smelled nice.

"You look very sexy tonight," Draco said casually.

Hermione's cheeks turned even redder. She got a flash of Draco in the nightclub.

""Where did your dirty mind go just there?" he sneered.

Hermione looked into his eyes and allowed herself to get lost in them for just a moment.

"You're late," she stated.

"I am? I didn't know there was a set time." He tilted his head and looked at her from head to toe. He casually leaned with one shoulder against the wall.Â

"Well it's kind of rude to keep your date waiting, isn't it? Lavender has been here for hours,"

"My date? God no, she just invited me. But she is certainly not my date."

"Oh."

"Are you pleased?" He bit his lower lip and tried to read her expression.

Hermione started laughing.

"You really are the playboy everyone is saying. Look at you - talking to me, the person you hated the most in school."

"A lot has changed since school. You are by far the most interesting person here," he answered.

"You don't even know who is in there."

"Exactly."

Hermione turned around and walked into the living room. Draco had to smile to himself; it really was fun to tease her. But he hadn't lied. She intrigued him. That she was wonderful to look at didn't hurt, either.

Hermione walked over to George, ignoring Draco.

Harry's mood immediately fell as he saw Draco Malfoy enter the room. And when he saw Hermione walk blushed away from him he got even angrier.

---

"I would want to ask who has the biggest… wand around this table." Lavender giggled and Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Well I would want to ask just how many girls have shared Harry's bed," Cho said and looked sweetly at Harry.

"No one knows," Ron answered for him. Harry punched his friend on the shoulder.

"Gathering information for your next story, are you?" Ginny said in a rude tone of voice.

"Don't be silly, I would never write about Harry, unless it was extremely flattering." Cho tilted her head a bit and Harry smiled at her.

"Well, what about you Draco, are the rumours true? Are you Britain's biggest playboy?" Ginny asked Draco.Â

"Don't believe everything you hear," he replied.

"You'll have to teach me your tricks," Neville mumbled and everyone laughed at him.

"Well we can't all be virgins," Draco sneered and looked straight at Hermione.

"I'm not a virgin," she shot back. It was the wine talking; she would never have dignified that question, or rather - that insinuation, with an answer usually.

"Really?" Draco's eyes lit up. "I'd bet the lucky guy is in this room. So who won in the end, I bet it was Potter, he has a way with the innocent girls, right?"

"You better watch it!" Harry pointed angrily at Draco who raised both his hands.

"Relax Potter, it was just a joke."

Hermione walked over to the counter. She needed a break from the heated questions. She refilled her glass and played with the corkscrew opener with one hand.

"Oi, a gallion for your thought," George came up to her.

"They're not worth a gallion, I can assure you of that."

"You didn't let Malfoy get to you, did you?"

"Oh, it's not that."

"Then what?"

She turned around and leaned against the counter. George walked closer to her and put a lock of hair behind her ear. He leaned closer and lightly let his hand stroke her upper arm.

Hermione could feel many eyes on her and couldn't help looking over to the living room. She was right, most eyes were on them. She laughed and George turned and looked at them.

"Do you want to go for a walk a little later? Just the two of us?" he whispered close to her ear.

"Yes, I'd really like that," she whispered back. He let his hand run down her arm and then squeezed her hand before he walked back into the living room.Â

--

Harry felt himself getting angry at her. He got up and walked into the hallway just in time to see Hermione close the door to the bathroom. He banged the door and heard her unlock the door again.

"What..." she started but before she even had a chance to see who was knocking Harry had pushed himself inside.

"So what's going on between you and George?" he asked angrily.Â

Hermione jus looked at him with a confused stare.Â

"Are you drunk?" she finally asked.

Harry looked at her, she looked cute tonight.

He closed the distance between them in two fast strides. He cupped her face and kissed her hard on the lips. Hermione's eyes flew open and she looked startled.

He pulled away and looked at her with anticipation. Before she could react he kissed her again, this time she kissed him back, she ran her fingers through his hair. Harry pushed her up against the wall and pressed his whole body against her. She could feel his arousal press against her and she felt like she would pass out. Was this actually happening? He shoved his hand in under her top and hungrily grasped at her breast.

There was a knock on the door.

"Harry, you better get out here. Cho is asking for you, she seems really into you," Ron spoke in a hushed voice.

Harry took one step from Hermione. She looked completely confused, she put her hand on her forehead.

"Sorry, that was stupid," Harry muttered quickly before turning around and leaving the bathroom.

Hermione locked the door behind him. She walked over to the mirror and was surprised at how flushed she looked. She bent down and splashed her face with water.

What the hell just happened?

It had happened so quickly, she hadn't even had time to react. She pressed two fingers against her throat, her pulse hadn't beat this fast even during the war.

-->