Unofficial Portkey Archive

Hidden Agenda by leedee
EPUB MOBI HTML Text

Hidden Agenda

leedee

-

-

Chapter 5

-

-

"Girls night out!" Luna said and opened the door to Hermione's room. She was lying on her bed with a pillow over her head.

"Never," she mumbled under her pillow.

"Come on Hermione, you have to come."

Hermione pulled the pillow away from her face.

"Luna my dear, out of about fifty girls night out, about one of them ended out not being with the guys. Do you really think it is a good idea for me to meet everyone? No one has even talked to me during the week. They all hate me."

"That's silly!" Luna said as she sat down on the end of the bed.

"Lavender is going to be all over me, I just can't face it."

Luna tilted her head and looked pleadingly at Hermione.

"Sorry Luna, I just won't go tonight."

--

And she didn't, she stayed home organizing her books, rearranging her sock drawer and she gave herself a pedicure.

As she lay in bed she replayed the previous week. Why had it happened? Why was she so affected by Harry? Why did he hurt her? He was so cold to her, it really wasn't good for her. She thought about waking up in the bed with Draco's arm draped around her, she remembered Draco's morning erection and started giggling in the dark in her bed. Why during this horrible week had he been the nicest of all her friends?

Ginny had been away on a game with her team and sent her two owls, but Hermione didn't feel like talking about it all in a letter. Luna had asked if she was ok, but in the end spent every night with Ron. Neither Harry nor Ron had talked to her at all.

She thought about that awful Absinthe and winced, suddenly she got a flashback:

Hermione and Draco had sat on the street for more than an hour before they returned inside. They heard laughter in the living room and sneaked silently into her room.

"We should have stayed outside, it's stuffy in here," Draco said.

"It was too cold," Hermione answered as she wrapped a blanket around her, "give me one more." She nodded towards the flask.

Suddenly everything didn't seem so bad, she felt pretty good. Who cared what Harry thought or said?

It was blurry for a while after that, but she did remember when they got into bed.

"That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen." Draco pointed at her in her old nightgown.

She looked down.

"Yeah well I don't usually sleep in this, only when I have male strangers in my bed!

"

"Well what do you usually sleep in, don't say in the nude, it'll kill me…" he joked.

Draco took of his clothes and climbed into her bed.

"Now you stay on your side," she mumbled very intoxicated and sat down on the bed.

She threw herself back and the room was spinning. She turned and looked at Draco. He had his eyes closed and it didn't take long before he was snoring.

Another memory came into Hermione's mind:

She had woken up a few hours later, boiling hot. It was after all spring and she wasn't alone in her bed. She of course was way too drunk to realize this, and had just pulled of her nightgown.

Hermione turned in her bed. So that was what had happened. Draco really hadn't tried anything.

Why would he? she thought.

--

Ginny and Luna arrived at their flat around lunch. Both of them were looking very tired and worn down.

"Guess what a good friend I am?" Hermione asked as she entered the living room where they both were crashed on the sofa.

"Are you gonna kill us? Because that's what I wish for?" Ginny complained.

"Not quite, but I will run down and get you some scones and coffee," Hermione offered.

"That was second on my wish," Ginny agreed.

Hermione eagerly returned, she had to know about yesterday, what had happened, what had been said. She didn't even have to ask before Ginny started telling her.

"Well Lavender was of course ranting about you and Draco and you and George. She was very upset that you hadn't showed up, naturally."

"She said you were home shagging Draco," Luna added.

"Well we started up at Curly Pearls…"

"…but ended up at the guys flat." Hermione finished for her. Luna nodded.

"Harry wasn't there," Ginny said and took a large bite out of her scone. "but George was asking about you."

"Where was Harry?" Hermione looked at Ginny, not giving her a second to make up some excuse.

"He was spending the night with Cho," Luna finally answered.

Hermione exhaled slowly.

"So, was George upset?"

"No," Ginny replied happy to change the subject, "not at all. He knew you weren't one to jump into the sack with anyone."


"Glad someone believes that," Hermione muttered.

"But I've got some news, and you might not be pleased about it," Ginny continued.

Hermione's eyes shot opened.

"Mum has decided that she wants everyone over for dinner… tonight. Everyone!" she added so Hermione would understand.

Hermione couldn't possibly say no to Mrs. Weasley that would be rude.

"But you know what, if Harry is a jerk - I'll tell him to fuck off for you," Ginny added when she saw the look on Hermione's face.

"Wow you are not as nice when you are hung-over," Luna said.

"I think I will have to deal with Harry by myself, but thanks Gin." Hermione smiled at her. They were good friends, both of them. Harry hadn't felt like a friend in quite sometime now. Hermione suddenly realized that she hadn't told the girls about the kiss in the bathroom. She decided to keep it to herself.

--

Hermione took her time getting ready. She was in no hurry to get to The Burrow. Luna and her fell out of their fireplace together, covered in dust.

Hermione looked around at the well known kitchen. He wasn't there yet. Mrs. Weasley helped them to their feet.

"Oh Mrs. Weasley, it smells so wonderful," Luna said dreamily.

Mrs Weasley was obviously very pleased with this. She was extremely fond of Luna and was the happiest of all when Ron finally asked Luna out.

"Babe?" Ron called from the other room and Luna left the kitchen before they could blink. Mrs. Weasley looked kindly at Hermione, and that made Hermione relax. It meant that the stories about her hadn't reached The Burrow.

"Would you help me set the table sweetheart?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"Of course."

"We'll eat in the garden, I think."

Hermione grabbed some plates and headed out in the garden. She almost dropped them when she saw Harry, Ron, Fred and George playing Quidditch in the garden. They all looked down at her from the sky.

What do I do? Do I turn around? Ignore them?

George waved at her and she waved back. She headed for the table and deliberately turned her back towards them. She went back inside and this time she levitated as much as she could. Anything to avoid going back out there too many times. She again placed her back towards the guys. She soon heard someone touch down behind her.

"Hey," George said and she turned around.

"George." She didn't know what to say to him. What did he expect? What had he thought?

"Are you ok? I mean, I heard you've had a tough week."

She looked down at her feet.

"Oh you know me, can bounce back from anything, "she forced a small snort like laughter at the back of her throat, "look George, I don't know what you've heard…"

He held up a hand to silent her.

"I have heard rumours and stories," he thought for a second, "most from Lavender actually… wow that girl's really got a mouth on her. But I know you Hermione, and I know better than to judge you."

Hermione felt so happy that she threw her arms around him.

"Thank you," she whispered.

She could see the boys in the air looking at them.

Suddenly George almost fell over. Ginny had jumped up on his back.

"Get off you brat," he joked but started spinning around. Hermione laughed at them.

"Mom sent me out here to get everyone to help carry chairs for the table. It's almost time to eat."

Soon they were all sitting around the table, Harry as far from Hermione as possible of course. Ron sat next to Hermione. She looked at him with her big brown eyes and tried to read his expression.

"What?" he whispered.

"Do you hate me as well?" she whispered back.

He threw his arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a hug, he then kissed the side of her forehead.


"Never," he added and then playfully pushed her away. "Sorry if I've been a bit absent this week. Just, you know… took a while to wrap my head around it. I did after all see you with Malfoy. Yuck!" He pretended to throw up and Hermione hit him on the shoulder.

After dessert had been enjoyed they all lay down on the grass and looked at the evening sun setting. Mrs. Weasley sighed loudly.

"I could bloody well burst," she exclaimed.

"Mum!" Ron and Ginny said together.

"Well I could," she answered honestly, "I wish your father was here. Bloody ministry keeping him late all the time, and working weekends... At least you came and kept this old woman company. I really hate that Bill and Fleur moved to France…" she complained.

"Oh no not again." Ron rolled his eyes.

Hermione laughed a bit at him.

"They'll be back in a year, will you give it a rest?" Fred told her.

"Who'll help clear the table? Well the boys didn't help me set it, so you just better help me clear it," she said warningly.

They were up on their feet quickly. Harry glared at Hermione as he got up.

She got up and walked over to one of the swings hanging from a branch of an old oak tree.

"Are you coming inside with us?" Ginny asked friendly.

"I'll be there in a while. I just need to clear my head."

--

She looked out on the field. How did it all turn out like this? Had she been so in love with Harry all these years that she hadn't allowed herself to feel anything? Was that it?

She saw someone approaching in the corner of the eye. It was Harry. She stopped swinging.

"I'm just getting the tablecloth," he mumbled.

"Right."

Just as he turned to leave she said:

"Are you ever going to talk to me again?"

He slowly turned around.

"What do you want me to say?"

"Anything."

It looked like he thought about it for a moment, then he walked over and sat down on the swing next to her. He kicked the ground without looking at her.

"I don't understand why you are so mad at me Harry. What did I do? I mean, if you know me at all you must know that I didn't sleep with Draco. Even though I honestly don't see how that's any of your business."

"I know," he simply answered.

"I'm sick of this Harry." She turned to look at him.

"I am to."

"You're being - well you're not being you. Why do you say the things you say?"

"Don't know," he mumbled.

"You don't make me feel good, you make me feel… empty. You say these really hurtful things and then you don't seem to feel bad about it the slightest."

"I just can't bear to think about you together with Draco…"

She interrupted him.

"I'm not with Draco, but I'll tell you this, he has been a better friend to me then you have these past couple of weeks."

Harry frowned and ran a hand through his hair.

"And what about what happened in the bathroom? Are we ever going to talk about that?" Hermione's voice was getting louder and louder, her temper rising.

"What about it? It was nothing," he mumbled.

"Oh, okay. Well good to know."

She jumped of the swing and stood right in front of him.

"I think we need to stop this," she gestured between them.

"Stop what?"

"This! I don't really feel like being your friend right now."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry also rose.

"Harry I have been a very loyal friend to you, and I never thought you'd be as evil as you have been. It seems like you don't care about me at all."

"I care."


"I just can't do this anymore… wait for you to grow up. I deserve to be treated better than this. I can't be your friend when you feel like it, just to watch you go home with some girl."

"What has that got to…"


"Look Harry, honestly, I am sick of it."

Harry looked at her, he almost felt like he didn't recognize her. She seemed so angry and bitter with him. Had he been that bad? He just hated seeing her with Malfoy.

"So is Malfoy your new boyfriend?" he asked with a sarcastic voice

She looked unbelievingly at him and started to walk away.

"What happens now?" Harry called after her.

She turned and shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't always have all the answers Harry; you'll have to figure this one out on your own."

She excused herself to Mrs Weasley and went straight back to her flat.

She started pacing around the living room. What had just happened? Had she ended her friendship with Harry? No, that would never happen! She couldn't live without him; she didn't want to live without him. He seemed so indifferent to what she was saying? Was she not important at all to him? She looked at the clock, it was still early. Luna wouldn't be back for ages. She grabbed her coat and hurried back out the door.

--

A short while later she found herself in a place she never thought she would be. Outside the hotel suite Draco Malfoy was renting. Why was she here? Was it because she had no one else to talk to? Or did she just want to see him? Maybe one of his sexy evil glances would cheer her up… She knocked the door quickly, before she could change her mind.

She was just about to turn around and leave when it jerked open.

Draco was standing in his robe. It was a dark green silk robe, and he hadn't closed it properly. Hermione could see his black silk boxers. He looked very surprised to see her.

"Hermione," he simply stated.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know why I came…" she suddenly went silent when she saw a woman in the background. Pansy Parkinsson came walking towards the door, a cocktail in one hand, the other on her hip. She was slightly more dressed than Draco, in a bra and a skirt. She looked very unhappy to have been disturbed and she started laughing when she saw Hermione.

"What is she doing here?" Pansy snorted. "I'm sorry little Mud… Muggleborn, you have the wrong room."

"Shut up," Draco shot at Pansy who looked shocked, "is everything ok?"

"Excuse me, I shouldn't have come here. I don't know what I was thinking."

Hermione turned on her heel and hurried away. Draco closed the door as she left.

"What the hell was she doing here?" Pansy sounded very jealous.

"None of your business," Draco flung himself on the elegant sofa.

"Well, if you might give me some disgusting Mudblood disease, than I'd rather know it."

"Oh what a romantic thing to say Pansy, you are really getting me in the mood. I'll be sure to tell your husband about the diseases you and I share."

Pansy laughed nervously.

"Now where were we?" She kneeled in front of Draco and started opening his robe wider.

Draco rolled his eyes, very uninterested.

"Oh, so tense, don't worry sweetie. Pansy knows how to make Draco happy." She started fingering the hem of his underwear but he pushed her hand away.


"I'm taking a shower."

"Want company?" Pansy sounded hopeful.

"No."

"But I'm only in town for tonight."

"Call my driver, he'll drive you back to your hotel," he answered.

Pansy swore under her breath.

--

Harry flew high up on his broom, far away from sight of all Muggles. He went as fast as he could. He needed to burn off some steam.

He hated what had happened today, but he couldn't help it. She couldn't honestly think he would be happy about her meeting a new guy? He would never. But if it had to be like this, so be it. Hermione would never understand… It just had to be like this.

He wanted to go to her, apologize, hold her, kiss her... More than anything he wanted to kiss her, but he couldn't. His mind wondered back into the toilet, where he had pressed her against the wall. He felt frustrated and forced his broom to go faster.

He felt tears escape his eyes and violently fly to the sides as the wind pushed them away.

"Oh Hermione…" he whispered.

--

-->